Ao Nang VIP Hotel Reviews

470/1 Moo 2, Ao Nang, Krabi, Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Good place, but a little bit far from the beach.

The room that we'd booked wasn't ready, so we were offered another room with separate beds with no windows. We told him we'd prefer the double bed that we ordered, so we were given a room in the hostel next door instead (3 bees guesthouse). Clean room, comfy bed, but weak shower. Although the hostel description states that it's 5 mins from the beach & main town area, this refers to a 100 baht tuk tuk ride each way. I'd recommend a hostel in town at a similar price to save tuk tuk money and time!

Jose, the owner is a very friendy and helpful guy. Hes got a really good knowledge of the area and can book tours. Sometimes he can get a discount on the price so always good to check with him. The sound carries in the building so you will hear people coming in late unless they are quiet.

The owner was very friendly and helpful.

We booked a Private Room for 3 people and when we arrived the owner told us that the Hostelworld description was wrong and it was not his responsability (he blamed Hostelworld). The 3 of us not only sleep in separate rooms but also one of us had to go to a different Hostel because there wasn`t a third bed available in the one we booked. Although it was late at night, his only solution was tell us to go to another place. For the same price and location you will find better options.

Jose Luis and all the staff was very helpful in any moment in our stay at VIP providing us recommendations about trips and things to do at Aonang. Would recommend anyone go to this hostel

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Overall a nice place and a charming owner ) Generally in Ao Nang there are not many places to stay, and they were all fully booked for the New Year. Dorm room that we had to stay in had no windows, was very small, had conditioner that was blowing right in my face, and if we turned it off it was hot as hell. Beds were also really hard. But I assume the other rooms were nicer. And the place is immaculately clean, I appreciated it.

When we got to ao nang we realized that it was much more expensive than the north. VIP gives a reasonable experience for the price but it is far from the beach and touristy places. It is fine if you have lots of time to meander down but you will have a hard time getting rides back to your place. It is the same price as getting a private room in one of the backpacker hostels so you might as well enjoy the private bath. As long as you don't mind walking this place is pretty good.

Good hostel! I was happy to speak spanish with Jose Luis and his guests:) It was my best hostel for internet connection - wi-fi worked well everywhere in the hostel! People complain about the location, but this is the hostels area in AoNang and they forget about good, cheap restaurants nearby, really but really cheap fruit shops/market and it's 400m from Thai Charm Cooking School which I highly recommend! Easy to book any trip or bus, Jose is very helpful. 3beds dorm was too stifling..but clean!

Very nice hostel owner he is always trying to make things all right! A very good place to be and cheap but very good accommodation. I would defently stay again at this place!

Good hostel, clean room, friendly and helpful owner

• 4th Nov 2013

Located ~13-18 minutes walk from the beach or a few minutes in a TukTuk or the local bus, both of which are fairly cheap. We stayed in a 3 bed room, no view but that was expected. Hotel was quiet so got a good sleep. Mattresses were hard but from staying at other hostels in Thailand I think this is the norm. Beds changed/floor swept everyday. Bad point was that the reception was almost never manned and when we wanted to book a trip we were told to come back later and do it but the lady had left.

Very nice staff, I felt very welcome and not alone there. It´s a little walk to the beach, but not too far and near the hostel are many restaurants and shops

• 23rd Aug 2013

Lovely hostel but a bit out of the main town area. It does have some nice cafes around the corner though.

My boyfriend and I stayed here just for a couple of nights, as we hadn't realised what a bad location it was in. It's not on the main beach/in the town, but if you rent a motorbike you can get there easily. The main receptionist was a lovely Spanish man who was very friendly and helpful, but the Thai girl who worked there was cold and gave us terrible service. Otherwise it was very clean and modern, just not actually what we were hoping for in the end.

Not like a hostel, but a Excellent a Hotel, so it's very valuable. If you go to the beach, maybe need about 10 minutes walk. And all things are good.

This hotel seems to have changed hands recently, and the staff were a little clueless, generally making a mistake when we booked trips (find a travel shop instead!) But the hotel rooms themselves are really nice for the money. The walk to the beach isn't as gruelling as some reviewers are making out, it's just down the road.

Nice guesthouse. People very caring and very happy to help! The only thing I found inconvenient as a solo traveller was that it is up a huge hill- all the action (beach, food, bars, shops) a at the bottom of the hill and going back up none of the tuck tuks would give me a reasonable price as one person. But it took around 45mins to walk up the hill and you pass some interesting restaurants and things so it isn't all bad. The place was clean and very nice.

Very good place to stay for the price, friendly new owners, I would recomend this place to anyone. Me and a friend booked in here for 4 nights but decided to leave after 2 days as we moved on to one of the islands.

Towel holder in the dorm. behind the entrance door. There is not place to hang anything! That will be great and make the room loo more organize.

« first « Prev 1 2 3