Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Awesome staff and had a wicked Atmosphere. Careful with the day trips that are planned there because you can get them a little cheaper. Other than that, I'd recommend this place to anyone! Beds were comfy and they also provided towels no extra charge. Staff really enjoyed belt job and it showed !

We loved our stay here!! Really nice atmosphere, great staff and beautiful! Clean comfy beds. Big showers, good aircon! Lots of information about what to do!!! We love it here!

The team of Aoi Garden Home is very very helpful. Doing more than you would usually expect. The atmosphere in the common garden area is like home and there are also little quiet corners if you feel you need some space to relax. The only thing I personally would not use again is their laundry service. As they only wash it but for only a little more you could use a proper laundry service outside. The toilets very super-clean and in the whole property I did not see a single cockroach. Recommended

This Hostel is really cozy. I liked the garden a lot, its the only place to hang out, so you'll meet all the guests there. Staff was friendly and Tong (guy who works there) knows all the names of all the guests!! The Location was perfect for me. It's not where all the other hostels are, so it's not a busy and loud place at all. But it's only a hor walk to all the places in the olf part of chiang mai. Security i found very poor. In the dorm you get a wooden locker but everyone could just walk in

Thank you for your comments! We are happy you enjoyed the location and the atmosphere! Regarding your security concerns, in the mixed dorm, all guests have a solid, standard wooden locker with a key lock (which you can put your belongings in and take the key with you). These lockers will be the same at any other hostel here in Chiang Mai. We've also got full CCTV and staff who sleep here! We apologize if this is a big deal for you! We hope you will come back :).

Nice garden when entering hostel, well designed, easy to get in touch with other people there. Rooms were simple but clean. Bathrooms impeccable and clean as well. Staff friendly and helpful. Location very central, near temples. 20 baht by red Tuk tuk to get to night market and better bars. In all, would definitely recommend this one!

• 10th Nov 2014

I had the pleasure of spending three nights at the Aoi Garden House and couldn't have been more pleased. The staff were extremely personable and helped with any planning or questions we had. The outdoor garden area was a great place to relax and meet other backpackers but never became too loud at night so being able to fall asleep was easy....within walking distance of all major market areas....clean, hospitable, and beautiful...I will definitely return!!

• 10th Nov 2014

Great communal hang out area, nice staff. Cute room, decent bed, didn't mind that mattress was on the floor (traditional we were told?). Shared bathrooms are kept clean. Private air con room needs better detailing and could be kept dusted/cleaned in corners. Drinks were pricey but there's a 7-11 down the street and food at Mojito's. Walking distance to main street, night market, restaurants. Would stay here again.

Best staff ever! Thank you so much for everything! Cris and Dahyl from Brazil.

• 7th Nov 2014

Clean hostel,,nice staff,,good atmosphere,,good location. Thank you so much Aoi Garden Home.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

we stayed in basic twin room with fan for 7 x nights. it got very hot during day as made out of timber but mostly we went out during the day so did not matter. good standard of hygiene. the staff could not do enough for you, so friendly. a very good place to meet other back packers as good social area with bar and very pretty garden although could get quite loud in the evenings. equally the staff always managed this by asking people to go out. would recommend.

Awesome guesthouse, if I ever go back to Chiang Mai I'll defenitly stay here again. For Loy Krathong you could make your own Krathong and as a guesthouse we walked through the city to the river to put them on, great atmosphere.

• 6th Nov 2014

Great hostel, clean and most of all, friendliest staff that will make your experience in Chiang mai wonderful!!

If you're looking for a typical backpacking experience with opportunity to mingle in a courtyard setting then this place is an excellent choice. But if you're needing a quieter space with walls thicker than plywood and a room that doesn't feel like you're sleeping in a tent then it would be better to look elsewhere.

• 31st Oct 2014

If you are looking for a quieter place to stay then perhaps a hotel would be a better option for you, after all this is a hostel. Please remember that this is a traditional Chiang Mai wooden house and perhaps your expectations are to high for the price you have paid. it is an unfair comparison to say that our guest house is like a tent, this is not the case. We cater for 50 people per night and they have no issue with our guest house,we here at Aoi Garden are proud of our hostel.

Enjoyed our stay with AOI, special thanks to Boyz for his extra warmth hospitality and helpfulness, it would be nice if all the staff adopt Boyz's attitude.

Fantastic value for money; nice place with really comfy beds, clean showers, a nice garden area to hang out in and just a 5 minute walk from lots of good places to eat and drink! Not much indoor communal areas so not so convenient when it's raining though, also lots of mosquitoes! Other than that, it's a brilliant place that I'd definitely recommend.

• 27th Oct 2014

スタッフがとても親切でフレンドリーなため、快適でした。 彼らが勧めてくれるツアーも非常に素晴らしいです。 ただ、蚊が多いのか何ヶ所か刺されていました。

Loved this place. The quality you get for what you pay is exceptionally high. The place is nice and cosy. Bathrooms and dormitory are always clean. Nice garden which serves as common area and the staff is super friendly and helpful. You can tell they genuinely care about their guests. Location in the old town is good. I recommend this place to everyone who wants to visit Chiang Mai.

The staff were wonderful and helpful. We were 4 Peace Corps volunteers who had just completed 2 years in Namibia. Going there is part of a trip as we head back to the U.S. we loved the place.

Great Hostel and lovely garden :) i really liked The rooms and The small houses! The breakfast was really tasty. The bathrooms was clean. The only negativ point was The Internet access. It was not really working, very low acess in The rooms. But all in all it was The best Hostel so far in our 2 Werks holiday!

One of the best hostels I stayed at. The lady was the friendliest hostel owner I have ever met!! I also love the breakfast. The staff is generally friendly, but I was a bit disappointed in one of the staff members. After our last night at the hostel he wanted to charge my gf and I 100 baht for luggage storage. When I came back to pick up the luggage the lady and other staff never asked for any money. I really feel like he just made it up to get more money from us.

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and the breakfast we prepared! Aoi, the owner, thinks the 100 baht misunderstanding was either due to a language barrier or a joke from one of our "colourful" staff members.... sometimes, he might ask for 700 baht for 1 Chang ;) Thank you for you stay and we hope your plans work out to come back and see us again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7