Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great place to stay. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Nice rooms and comfy beds.

Amazing hostel

wonderful hostel! The owner was very considerate, and even gave us her number to call her at 4am and opened the gate early for us to check-in. Breakfast was amazing, fresh fruit with yogurt, and the wi-fi was really fast! will definitely recommend it to everyone

• 3rd Sep 2014

very nice,it's easy to find kinds of thai food around there.

Great staff, good fun and easily approachable. A very nice communal area to sit in outside the dorms and a lovely reading hut.

• 31st Aug 2014

This is a nice, cute place with great location. It's clean and quiet. It has a nice garden decoration, with water and greens, so if you are traveling there in the rainy season, bring some deet.

Can't beat the price. I was a little disappointed after walking a while to find the place that our room was the one with the fan and not A/C. Surpisely we both slept great. Fans worked out well. The following day I had time to appreciate the setting. Very clean bathrooms and had 2 extras outside that were never used. The staff was unique. I thought kind of dry toward the beginning towards me but that's how they are. Very chill and I thought they were cool. Beat my expectations -- I recommend.

Great hostel close to Zoe's bar but a short walk to the old city area

Staff are not as nice as what I expect, which arise from the comments in this website. Overall, they are just good. Every night i stayed there were different people talking and chatting in the garden.

We are sorry if you did not find us personable enough. Please understand that we have 50 people staying in our hostel everyday. We cannot give special attention to everyone. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Decent guesthouse but wifi only worked in reception area and not really within walking distance to anywhere (5-10 taxi rides). Good atmosphere amongst other guests. Would probably stay here again.

Nice walking distance to anywhere within old city. Staffs are friendly and do speak English quite well.

Very nice hostel, very good price, good location, quiet but close to bars, temple and inside the old city and 5 minutes walking to the Sunday night market. Staff is really nice, and it's very easy to meet other travelers. I needed to receive some important document by mail, and they received it and gave it to me. Thank you so much for everything, it was

• 24th Aug 2014

Staff was constantly trying to sale thier trips (treck etc..). Prices of coffee and other goods changed everyday based on their mood or your face. The atmosphere is cold and does not lend itself to connections with other hosts. Really not impressed by the place.

• 24th Aug 2014

Staff is never trying to sell trips, only if customers are interested the Staff offers some ideas, no one is ever forced to do anything. There are more types of coffee offered, price depends what kind of coffee, but is always the same price, same for meals. Moreover we offer a garden, where plenty of guests spend their time together at night, actually everyone is responsible for themselves whether they're communicative or not.We can't force people to be communicative if they stay in their rooms.

The hostel's main guy in charge is a weird and sometimes very annoying. He just tries tu be nice but gets to much when you are trying to have a quiet moment or when you are even having a shower!! You want o ask about tours and just laugs Ah! DONT do the elephant tour, its sketchy and when I asked why there was a circus truck in the elephant "retirement" park he "forgot" how to soeak english and walked The best is the garden to chill with a great atmosphere but te dorms themselves arent the best

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about that our staff might have annoyed you. Our staff is always just trying to be communicative with guests travelling on their own.It might be just a communication misunderstanding, due to the fact that it is the second language for both sites. Every guests should feel free to contact us if something is not the way they wished, we'll do our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.But we might not reach everyone's standard.

Really great atmosphere. Outdoor patio, hammock, gazebo, tables, book exchange, place to buy drinks. Rooms are not like traditional dorms, most have 2-4 beds, not bunks. Many are fan rooms, NOT AC/ air con... Can get really hot. Staff is friendly and helpful for booking tours etc. Travelers at this hostel are generally pretty cool and looking to have fun. Hostel is close to walking market and to the northern wall, so easy get tuk-tuks and trucks.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked our place. We try to do our best to help the guests have as good of a stay as possible. But, there are some things we can not control, like the weather. We try to give everyone one fan each in the fan dorms, but we have A/C dorms as well. You booked a FAN dorm which is cheaper than A/C, and we hope you understand that you get what you pay for :) If the weather is hot, we recommend an A/C room! Thank you.

The staff were great. The hostel had a great communal space where everyone socialised so was very easy to meet people. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 20th Aug 2014

I had a great time at this hostel! The staff was really kind and friendly. I was a solo traveler and they sat down with me and a map showing me all of the places to go. The only big downside is no A/C in the dorms.

• 20th Aug 2014

Sorry we couldn't give you A/C dorm because you booked FAN dorm.We have different types of the room with different price,so we need to follow your booking.However thank you to stayed with us.

the hostel design is very good, with a touch of nature. I booked for 2 nights but stayed for three, the last night they moved me to another hostel they have near by which is very good as well. Staff is very helpful, they even took me to exchange some money and from one hostel to the other by scooter. I would stay here again next time!

I've been backpacking for one year now and this was one of my favourite hostels. Its really relaxed and social. The staff were amazing!

• 19th Aug 2014

Nice atmosphere, staff is friendly and helpful. They will go above and beyond for you. Doors to bedrooms are just screens with no locks. Staff kept moving my stuff around every time they cleaned, which got a little frustrating--I never knew where my towels went. Bar and garden area is a lot of fun.

Thank you for the review.We're happy to hear that you liked the atmosphere and the staff. Due to the fact that another door next to the mosquito door would make much noise during the night when guests arrive late and at different times, we decided to have only one mosquito door.Also because this area is very safe.Besides that every guest has its own locker.Like all hostels do, we also clean up the rooms everyday, if belongings are in another guests area, we have to put it back where it belongs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7