Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The best hostel I've stayed at yet! I immediately extended my stay from 3 to 6 nights. Comfortable beds, towels, good coffee, and a really relaxing common area as long as you have good bug spray! The staff are all really nice and helpful, and make you feel welcome. They take very good care of their property, and it's really clean all the time. The showers weren't very warm, and there isn't much around late at night, but those were minor concerns.

Nice set up of the rooms, nice to have a bit of space, a locker in your room and no bunk beds. Down side is that this place is NOISY! Most of the walls are just trelise-like with curtains over them so you can hear absolutely everything going on outside. Also, if you have a room above you get the noise of them walking around too. Wouldn't have been too big an issue except that several of us weren't well and so were having early nights, etc. Staff were good at keeping noise curfew though

• 15th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

The service is poor and the staff although can understand and speak English are rude and very sly when clients ask for directions in order to earn a fast buck from you by u having to ask them to call for transport. There is no service from 11pm to 8am and the entrance to the compound is locked so if u arrive during that time u wait outside. Very bad experience.

My stay at Aoi was good. The owner helped me with whatever questions I had. The only unfortunate part was that the washroom facilities were not the greatest. I couldn't get any hot water. The location wasn't the greatest either: I always had to call a tuk tuk because it didn't feel safe either.

Loved our stay here. Friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms. Outdoor garden area was a nice place to meet people.

• 12th Jan 2015

IT WAS THE THIRD TIME I STAYED THERE. IT IS CLOSE TO THREE KING MONUMENT.THE UI GOOD IF SOME UNRULY WESTERN GUESTS DID NOT TALK LOUDLAT 3 30 AM. iF THE OWNER H MS AOI WERE THERE SHEWOULD HAVE PUT A STOP TO IT. THERE ARE NEW STAFF BUT THEY LACK SOCIA L OR LANGUAGE SKILLS OF THE OLD STAFF MEMBER, ,NORM. THE NEW ONE IS HELP FUL HE APPEARS A BIT RUDE WHEN GREETING GUESTS. NORM THE OLD HAND, HAS AGED WITH SILVERY HAIR. HE CUT OFF ALL HIS HAIR TO HAVE A NEW YOUTHFUL LOOK. GOOD ON HIM.

A for setting and atmosphere. Excellent value. Menu prices a bit on the high side to Thai standards, knowing the photo is not necessarily a reflection of what you get on your plate. I advise crossing the North Gate bridge and having a bite just across the canal. I was a big fan of the garden furniture, parriculy the little reading bungalow. Choose this hostel if you just wanna wind down and relax. Late night possibilities near the North Gate, to keep the hostel nights quiet. Would def recommend

Many available expeditions to keep you busy during your stay. Laid back atmosphere and nice people/ staff. Inexpensive laundry. Private room was simple but comfortable. Occasional problems with getting very hot water in shower but overall satisfied with the facilities, especially considering the price. Nice, relaxing place to spend a few days in Chiang Mai.

The staff was drunk when we arrived. We e-mailed them to say we missed our flight and so we would miss one of our reserved night and asked if it was possible to delay our reservation. They never answered. They didnt want to give us an other night and they insisted to charge us 2 nights instead of only one (because we missed the flight). We had to argue with 2 drunk thais at our first night in chiang mai. No hot water, we heard everyone go to the toilet. Very bad hostel and personel.

• 9th Jan 2015

Nice clean double rooms. Beds are on the floor, but comfortable. Not a party hostel, which was fine with us! Staff is okay, but not very informative and could be more friendly. Good location, in old city, close to everything but not in a super busy and loud area.

Clean, central and cheap. Most of the staff were quite friendly and helpful but there were a few staff members who were rude and very unhelpful. Not the most welcoming place. But the rooms were fine and the garden was pretty.

Overall, it was a great stay for two days, but it is farther than I thought from the night markets. If you want to just chill out in a garden for he day this is the place for you, but I am happy that I changed to a closer one with a lot more initiative in planning trips etc.

Aoi was great! Besides the staff not too friendly. The place has amazing beds and good lockers (small but good!) also it's pretty easy to go places because they rent bikes there and it eat and cheap. They don't have common use refrigerator, and it's hard for backpackers (we always want to keep food and save $), but the value you ou is really worth it.

Clean bathrooms, a little far from the main strip

I enjoyed my time at Aoi garden home. The keys broke in the lock a few times, and the shower wasn't really warm, but the staff are absolutely top notch and will help you with anything. Nice place to chill out.

Best hosts I've stayed with. I had to leave the hostel for a few days (no vacancies), but remained in town. I came back on my last day and they let me hold my bag in their locker until the evening for free. Much better than the 200B the airport charges!

• 2nd Jan 2015

The staff was simply amazing, they were very helpful and would truly do anything to make your stay comfortable. It was the cutest garden home that I would recommend anyone to stay. The rooms were clean, beds were a little hard. But your so tired from touring the city you will fall right to sleep. The showers are iffy.. There is no way to set a temperature.. So you shower in whatever comes out that day. One day it will be burning.. Next day is ice cold. We loved Aoi Garden Home!! :)

• 1st Jan 2015

Highly recommend this hostel. Excellent!!! Delicious a la carte breakfast they make. Good location and superbly friendly n helpful staff. Insteaud of 3 night stay...I had to extend it for a week to recover from a trekking accident. The hostel doesn't serve lunch and dinner but offered to help me buy from outside.

Very good the enviaroment and the staff. But the dorm was a bit small and no possible to ventilate the room. Only once per week clean the dorm is no enough. If someone has a feet odor is no possible to open the windows and get fresh air, because the beds doesn`t allow you to open the windows.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Spain

Great atmosphere and staff! The common area is very nice, in the middle of the garden. Easy to meet nice people. Too much Mosquitos though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7