Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great Hostel and lovely garden :) i really liked The rooms and The small houses! The breakfast was really tasty. The bathrooms was clean. The only negativ point was The Internet access. It was not really working, very low acess in The rooms. But all in all it was The best Hostel so far in our 2 Werks holiday!

One of the best hostels I stayed at. The lady was the friendliest hostel owner I have ever met!! I also love the breakfast. The staff is generally friendly, but I was a bit disappointed in one of the staff members. After our last night at the hostel he wanted to charge my gf and I 100 baht for luggage storage. When I came back to pick up the luggage the lady and other staff never asked for any money. I really feel like he just made it up to get more money from us.

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hostel and the breakfast we prepared! Aoi, the owner, thinks the 100 baht misunderstanding was either due to a language barrier or a joke from one of our "colourful" staff members.... sometimes, he might ask for 700 baht for 1 Chang ;) Thank you for you stay and we hope your plans work out to come back and see us again!

We stayed in a twin room with fan - it was far too hot during the day, a little cooler in the evening but I would get an air con room where possible. The beds were simply matresses on the floor. There was bin in the room

• 17th Oct 2014

Our private rooms are furnished in the traditional Thai style with thick mattresses on the floor so you can sleep surrounded by the teak wood. We hope you come to join us again, and please be sure to book a room with A/C next time. Thank you for your stay!

good hostel, nice common area, clean beds showers and bathrooms. good location. great vibe, plenty of solo travelers. no food except breakfast (which sucked) but they do have a bar.

Great, friendly staff who really did everything they could to help out. Nice relaxed atmosphere in the social area outside which was a nice break from the hustle of the city

New clean and modern, overall good hostel. Staff were not great English speakers or very helpful for that matter but the place and facilities make up for it.

• 14th Oct 2014

It's unfortunate that your found our staff to have low English speaking abilities. This is a new complaint for us. We remember your stay here and recall that you booked all of your activities with companies from outside of our hostel. That being true, you did not have a good opportunity to speak with our staff and get a feel for our knowledge of the area or allow us to help you book high quality activities. We hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us in the future. Thank you.

The garden is really nice: you have a bar, a hammoc, some chairs to chill out, and nice lights at night that make it cosy. the staff is nice. the double room have air con, but are quiet basic: it's a matress on the floor. but the price is quiet cheap, so it's ok. there was a little bit of noise at night with people in the garden, but around 11:00pm the staff asked the people to talk less loud and it was ok. the hotel is close the center, 5min walk, and is in a quiet street.

I literally have nothing bad to say about this place. It's seriously one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Very clean, great atmosphere and an incredibly friendly and helpful staff. It's also at that perfect distance where it's far enough away from the craziness but not too far. Much love for Aoi Garden Home, you guys rock!

• 10th Oct 2014

This place is fantastic; laidback,beautiful,cosy, nice backpackers and above all: they help you plan great trips and help you out!

Had a pleasant stay here with my partner. We stayed in a twin room with a fan. The room was too hot to stay in during the day but was fine for sleeping at night. Staff here were kind enough but not overly friendly or attentive. They offer a nice fruit/muesli/yogurt breakfast and have a really nice outdoor communal area. Only minor complaints were that the facilities were sometimes hit or miss--our water was shut off on more than once early on in the night, making washing up before bed difficult.

I can only say it's ok, if you dont expect too much for the accommodation. No A/C, and the water pressure is quite low when you taking a bath there. Five beds stand in a line with only a big sheet being isolated.

Thank you for staying with us. Unfortunately, you came at a time when there were very heavy rains and the city had to shut down the water supply to avoid contaminating it with rain run-off. Everyone in Chiang Mai was without water for a number of hours. Also, if you choose to stay with us again you can always book a room with A/C. We have several room types available but not all of them come with A/C. You can read about it under our room descriptions when booking for next time.

I have only good things to say about AOI Garden Home and it's staff! From the first night we stayed they have made us feel at home and the staff have been nothing but helpful. After checking out we then decided to stay in Chiang Mai and AOI was the only place we felt we had to come back and stay! We have since booked a trekking tour with the owners and chose everything we wanted to do at our own accord, and they organised our onward coach journey to North East Thailand! You must stay here.

• 4th Oct 2014

I had a really great time at the hostel. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The downside was the shower lacked hot running water. Overall, I had a great stay.

Thank you for staying with us, it was great having you here! Unfortunately you came during a time of very heavy rains and the entire city had to shut down the water supply to avoid run-off contaminating it. It was a city wide problem for about 3 days. It was not a normal situation and we usually have more than enough water. Sorry your stay was made a little less enjoyable because of that. We did everything we could to save as much water for our guests as we could.

The wood wall of bathroom has some open gap, so made me a bit worry when I take shower... The space is really nice, and the staff are nice.

Thank you for staying us. It was nice having you here! We're sorry the bathrooms weren't up to your standards though. However, you can rest assured that no one could see you through the small gaps in the wood as there is a solid wall that prevents anyone from next door being able to see in to our space here. Thanks again and we hope to see you here again in the future!

Funny and friendly staff and great atmosphere :)

• 2nd Oct 2014

Loved the Aoi Garden home. It's located in a great area in the north part of the square. The property itself is beautiful with all the plants and flowers. The facilities are very clean. The staff s extremely helpful and knowledgable. I would definitely recommend styaing here.

Unfortunately I had a very negative experience here with incredibly rude staff. I left early and found a guesthouse around the corner for the same price for private ensuite rooms.

Our hostel has rules against bringing strangers into our property and mixed dorms after dark. By violating this rule, you jeopardized the safety of other guests and their belongings and made them feel uncomfortable. We welcome guests who respect each other and the hostel rules - this is why we gave you a refund and asked that you relocate.

This hostel was quaint and decently clean. I had a private room where the wifi worked well. I had 2 fans which was enough to stay out of the heat. The facilities worked fine and kept clean. The staff was pretty friendly and were available for suggestions or help making plans.

This was a really nice hostel. The dorm rooms didn't have bunk beds and had curtains between each bed which made it really nice. The common area is lovely but definitely bring insect repellent because of all the water features! Staff gave us lots of helpful advice in booking day trips.

The only down thing was we waited quite a while to be attended when we first arrived at the place. Otherwise, staff are very friendly, greeted us every morning, when we left for fun, when we back to the place. Very nice environment and very clean room and bathroom. It would be good if hairdryer could be provided.

Thank you for staying with us. Just so you know for next time, if you come before check-out time (11am) and there was someone staying in your room the previous night, it is impossible for us to get your room ready as there is still someone there. Also, we provide many things but a hair dryer is considered a personal item that wouldn't make sense for us to have and tends to be used late at night or early in the morning when people are trying to sleep. Thank you for understanding.