Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The staff was very friendly, the food was good, and it was a pretty nice atmosphere overall. I was put into a tucked away back dorm room which wasn't that nice, and it was super stuffy at night, but some friends that stayed in the big dorm said their room was great. Nothing too bad about my room except it was windowless and stuffy. Bathroom was modest but also did the job. Not too much going on in that area, so walking or tuk-tuks are necessary.

I LOVE Aoi Garden. It has been my favorite hostel so far in over 7 months of travel. The staff is wonderful and Aoi goes above and beyond to make sure that everyone is happy. Comfy beds, yummy food, excellent recommendations on tours, and you just couldn't ask for better atmosphere to hang out in and meet new travelers. I made some friends there who I have continued to travel with over the past few weeks. One recommendation though, bring lots of bug spray (the lush garden attracts mosquitos)

If you will visit Chiang Mai, I will recommend Aoi Garden Home definitely. I just stayed for 3 nights, of course, rating and review is my point concern. This hostel is a little different from others I 've lived in. Except for old style house and yard , it is more like open type and free like a public place, not just a hostel. However, there is no any security thing to worry about. Maybe you dont believe we wont lock room door. Staff Boyz is very nice and always helpful, thank you so much!

Best hostel I've stayed at, Aoi and her staff are amazing. It's the whole package

• 27th Feb 2014

Best place we've stayed so far, lovely helpful staff, clean room and great seating area with delicious breakfasts and drinks

Honestly, I wasn't impressed. I understand the high rating as it's VERY VERY reasonable for the price. Right in the middle of old town and walking distance to everything. I just found the place to open. No real security at all. Very "hippie" if that makes sense. Basically they are cabins. I stayed in the "dorm" and private room. To air at all. Just fans. Fine because I went during the cools season but couldn't imagine during the hot. Staff was very nice and restaurant/cafe was reasonable.

This is one of those amazing facilities where you can tell the entire hostel is just a giant labor of love. Aoi and her crew have really put together a wonderful place to stay in Chiang Mai. Located in the heart of the city, this location manages to be a "hideaway" garden with all the comforts you need for a perfect stay. The atmosphere is wonderful and there is a diverse group of constant guests. Aoi also hosts regular barbeques which are great for meeting everyone at the hostel.

It was amazing! Hot shower, super comfortable bed and pillow, very inexpensive to stay, great location! But most importantly the atmosphere was just perfect, it was like home away from home and at the same time they threw a great party! Only thing I regret was not staying longer. This was my first time staying at a hostel so far away from home and I was very surprised by how great it was!

Considering the price I was definitely positively surprised. Clean place, nice, helpful staff and very friendly atmosphere. The net door left some space for mosquitoes to get in, but there weren't many anyway. The location is close to everything (it's hard to not be in the old town area) but in a calmer part, next to street full of Internet cafes. If I were back to Chiang Mai I would definitely visit this hostel again.

I loved this place!

The BEST hostel I've ever stayed. Excellent services coming with a cheap price isn't a daily occurrence. Boyz is extremely helpful and friendly. He gave us loads of information and took us to the local market near there, showing us local stuff and making us comfortable as much as possible.

Beautiful

This was my second time to stay here and it is still one of the best hostels I have stayed at in the past two years . The location is great . The staff are amazing and the atmosphere is great . It has a very nice garden area to relax and meet other travelers and have a few beer's . Also very clean and very comfortable beds

The BEST hostel I have ever stayed in!! The garden is beautiful, the dorms and private rooms are both great and location inside old town is perfect for getting around by foot. The best thing about this hostel was the staff! Boyz and his sister could not do enough for us, they had loads if useful information and were just the nicest people throughout our stay. I would recommend booking in advance and make Aoi Garden a must whilst visiting chiang mai.

Comum area is very good. Staff always trying to help. The mattress was too hard, but cannot complain because the stay was very cheap. Good breakfast!

Really nice ambiance, lovely garden and great breakfast!! The owner(s) are really nice as well, and Aoi knows a lot about tours and the environment. I got an upgrade to a double room when I extended my booking, even though I paid the dorm price. Great place to stay!

The best one, the cheapest, very good atmosphere. I will definitly go back there again if i'm back to Chiang Mai

We loved this beautiful hostel so much we are planning a return trip to Chiang Mai for a full month and have Aoi Garden Home as our home base the whole time. The location is superb right in the center of town, and staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Aoi and her young brother Boyz. I have traveled extensively through Asia and this is one of my favorite hostels of all time. I highly recommend it to anyone coming to Chiang Mai.

Great staff, awesome common area and a great breakfast to boot. Easily the best hostel in Chiang Mai

have a little loud.