Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Amazing hostel

Second time visiting, always love here!

Friendly hostel with a good outdoor common area where it was very easy to meet other people. Remember your deet though, bugs galore! Comfy beds (singles not bunks!) though the dorms were a bit crowded. And only one toilet for I think 10 people. Staff control the aircon in the rooms and keep it set at 25 degrees so a bit of a waste of money paying extra for it. Nice peaceful location, 5-10 mins from the Sunday market (a must!) and 15 mins from the main east gate. Far from the night bazaar though.

Beautiful hang out area outside. Really nicely done and lots of people chill there during the day. Staff tries to help as much as they can but there was a certain language barrier. Room didn't have air conditioning but the fans worked just as well. Breakfast is reasonably priced and really fills you up :) for the price we paid to stay there it was absolutely worth it!

• 5th Sep 2014

wonderful hostel! The owner was very considerate, and even gave us her number to call her at 4am and opened the gate early for us to check-in. Breakfast was amazing, fresh fruit with yogurt, and the wi-fi was really fast! will definitely recommend it to everyone

• 3rd Sep 2014

very nice,it's easy to find kinds of thai food around there.

Great staff, good fun and easily approachable. A very nice communal area to sit in outside the dorms and a lovely reading hut.

• 31st Aug 2014

This is a nice, cute place with great location. It's clean and quiet. It has a nice garden decoration, with water and greens, so if you are traveling there in the rainy season, bring some deet.

Can't beat the price. I was a little disappointed after walking a while to find the place that our room was the one with the fan and not A/C. Surpisely we both slept great. Fans worked out well. The following day I had time to appreciate the setting. Very clean bathrooms and had 2 extras outside that were never used. The staff was unique. I thought kind of dry toward the beginning towards me but that's how they are. Very chill and I thought they were cool. Beat my expectations -- I recommend.

Great hostel close to Zoe's bar but a short walk to the old city area

Staff are not as nice as what I expect, which arise from the comments in this website. Overall, they are just good. Every night i stayed there were different people talking and chatting in the garden.

We are sorry if you did not find us personable enough. Please understand that we have 50 people staying in our hostel everyday. We cannot give special attention to everyone. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.

A great place to stay with a beautiful garden.

Decent guesthouse but wifi only worked in reception area and not really within walking distance to anywhere (5-10 taxi rides). Good atmosphere amongst other guests. Would probably stay here again.

Nice walking distance to anywhere within old city. Staffs are friendly and do speak English quite well.

Very nice hostel, very good price, good location, quiet but close to bars, temple and inside the old city and 5 minutes walking to the Sunday night market. Staff is really nice, and it's very easy to meet other travelers. I needed to receive some important document by mail, and they received it and gave it to me. Thank you so much for everything, it was

• 24th Aug 2014

Staff was constantly trying to sale thier trips (treck etc..). Prices of coffee and other goods changed everyday based on their mood or your face. The atmosphere is cold and does not lend itself to connections with other hosts. Really not impressed by the place.

Staff is never trying to sell trips, only if customers are interested the Staff offers some ideas, no one is ever forced to do anything. There are more types of coffee offered, price depends what kind of coffee, but is always the same price, same for meals. Moreover we offer a garden, where plenty of guests spend their time together at night, actually everyone is responsible for themselves whether they're communicative or not.We can't force people to be communicative if they stay in their rooms.

The hostel's main guy in charge is a weird and sometimes very annoying. He just tries tu be nice but gets to much when you are trying to have a quiet moment or when you are even having a shower!! You want o ask about tours and just laugs Ah! DONT do the elephant tour, its sketchy and when I asked why there was a circus truck in the elephant "retirement" park he "forgot" how to soeak english and walked The best is the garden to chill with a great atmosphere but te dorms themselves arent the best

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about that our staff might have annoyed you. Our staff is always just trying to be communicative with guests travelling on their own.It might be just a communication misunderstanding, due to the fact that it is the second language for both sites. Every guests should feel free to contact us if something is not the way they wished, we'll do our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.But we might not reach everyone's standard.

Really great atmosphere. Outdoor patio, hammock, gazebo, tables, book exchange, place to buy drinks. Rooms are not like traditional dorms, most have 2-4 beds, not bunks. Many are fan rooms, NOT AC/ air con... Can get really hot. Staff is friendly and helpful for booking tours etc. Travelers at this hostel are generally pretty cool and looking to have fun. Hostel is close to walking market and to the northern wall, so easy get tuk-tuks and trucks.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked our place. We try to do our best to help the guests have as good of a stay as possible. But, there are some things we can not control, like the weather. We try to give everyone one fan each in the fan dorms, but we have A/C dorms as well. You booked a FAN dorm which is cheaper than A/C, and we hope you understand that you get what you pay for :) If the weather is hot, we recommend an A/C room! Thank you.

The staff were great. The hostel had a great communal space where everyone socialised so was very easy to meet people. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 20th Aug 2014

I had a great time at this hostel! The staff was really kind and friendly. I was a solo traveler and they sat down with me and a map showing me all of the places to go. The only big downside is no A/C in the dorms.

• 20th Aug 2014

Sorry we couldn't give you A/C dorm because you booked FAN dorm.We have different types of the room with different price,so we need to follow your booking.However thank you to stayed with us.