Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at in SEA. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I made so many friends at the hostel from chilling in the garden. And, Mr, Kai is the man.

Cute hostel in a quiet neighborhood. Within walking distance to most sites. Some staff were friendly and more competent than others but when my friend had an accident One staff member drove her to the hospital at 1am which was extremely nice. Great social atmosphere at the hostel.

Overall I would definitely recommend staying at Aoi Garden Home. It's absolutely beautiful and a 10-15 minute walk from ever major site and area of interest. Plus, if you're veg (I'm vegan) it's right near a great cafe called Blue Diamond. Can be loud at night and there's only two showers shared between each building but it was never a huge problem. Staff is playful but got weird when we had friends over (just outside) to visit. Will help you book tours. Coffee

Reading the brilliant reviews about this place we were very disappointed and wish we had stayed elsewhere and not in a shack with aircon. Just was not for us at all. The security left a lot to be desired and the staff were somewhat rude - we didn't book our tours through them so they were nothing but unhelpful. The atmosphere was pretty awkward most of the time and the facilities are very average. Looks much better in the dark! The only good thing is that it was relatively cheap!

Fantastic place. The staff are extremely friendly and make you feel part of the family. The atmosphere is brilliant and the rooms are great.

Soon as you walk in the front door you can tell its a great atmosphere. Everyone we met there was friendly, staff included. Pleasure to stay here!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

A young friendly hostel. Very close to the night markets and the town centre. Lots of young travellers hanging out here.

The staff was simply a delight. They were friendly and welcoming and extremely helpful in planning my trip. I stayed there twice, if that tells you anything.

Amazing place! Possibly the best hostel I stayed at on my whole trip. Very social, great place to meet people. Tee is the man, book your treks and stuff through him. Definitely do Da's cooking class. I hate cooking and it was possibly the best part of my time in Chiang Mai.

A very nice hostel, great for socialising. The rooms are made from wood so are very hot to sleep in with just a fan. The shared bathroom facilities are good and clean. Although there's not much to see/do in Chiang Mai, the staff were helpful with booking activities and onward travel.

This hostel is fantastic, one of the best I have ever stayed in. "T," one of the staff, sat down with me at the beginning of my stay and helped me make a plan of fun things to do during my time in Chiang Mai. It was extremely easy to meet people at this hostel and my bed (in a private room) was comfortable. It felt kind of like cabin camping - nothing fancy, but for the money, excellent. Bring bug spray if you stay here though, there can be mosquitos in the open air common area.

most incapable and unwelcoming manager I have met in Asia: This lady is quite easy to spot...look out for a group of card players and you have found her. She literally gambles all day long. Should you dare to interrupt her (to extend your stay) you are just told to go to bar and write it down. This happened not only to me but to other travelers as well. They don't seem to understand how to handle extensions and expect you to check out every time. Complete chaos!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Luxembourg

Unfortunately, hostels can be quite busy at times. While we are happy to help when possible, it is not always feasible to accommodate last minute extensions. Oftentimes, when no notice is given, accommodation can be made, but the guest may need to switch beds or rooms. As for the staff at the hostel, all members of the staff are friendly and capable of helping guests. The manager can't be expected to attend to every demand, hence the availability of several staff members.

I originally was going to only stay at Aoi Garden Home for 3 nights. But, then I fell in love with the place and Chiang Mai and extended my stay another 4 nights. The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is chill and I am planning on heading back to Aoi Gardens at the end of my 2.5 months here. I really dont have anything negative to say about this hostel.

The staff was really great and the atmosphere was too! The place is full of backpackers and it's really nice to have a chat with them.

• 5th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Clean, comfortable hostel, where you can have a really fresh and tasty breakfast if you so wish.Dorms were presented well with many high performance fans to cool you down.All in all, a safe bet for a hostel, the only negative for me which would stop me from ever going back would be the vast numbers of mosquitos within the hostel grounds, which is due to the fact that it's literally a garden area and quite damp.I was bitten more times during my stay here than my previous 2 weeks in Thailand!

Aoi Garden Home is probably one of the best hostels in Chiang Mai: located in the old city, it is a really safe and nice area. Rooms are clean, cheap and there is air co in some, fans in others. There are always people to talk to in the lovely garden and the staff is really helpful. Go for it!

Had a great experience here!the staff is very friendly and helpful and the social atmosphere is great!

• 1st Jun 2014

An amazing hostel! Staff was so so kind and helpful. Loved the atmosphere.

This is my 4th time to stay at Aoi garden hostel and it is just as good as always .A really good place to meet other backpackers and traveller's. The beds in the dorms are so comfortable with big thick mattresses and very comfortable pillows so you get a very good night's sleep The staff are amazing so helpful and so friendly they will help you with anything they can and it is always so clean . Definitely 100% recommend to stay here

The people is really nice and the staff are very considerate.We did enjoy living there and the hostel held party every night ,u can make friends from all over the world, of course , drink beers and chic-chatting with different nations at night is the shot cut. The environment is good, the room is made of wood . I love there..