Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The best one, the cheapest, very good atmosphere. I will definitly go back there again if i'm back to Chiang Mai

We loved this beautiful hostel so much we are planning a return trip to Chiang Mai for a full month and have Aoi Garden Home as our home base the whole time. The location is superb right in the center of town, and staff is very friendly and helpful, especially Aoi and her young brother Boyz. I have traveled extensively through Asia and this is one of my favorite hostels of all time. I highly recommend it to anyone coming to Chiang Mai.

Great staff, awesome common area and a great breakfast to boot. Easily the best hostel in Chiang Mai

have a little loud.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • China

Good hostel. Great staff.

I couldn't say a bad thing about Aoi's if I tried! Aoi, the owner was the most accomodating hostess we have met in our travels! She helped us make the best of our stay in Chiang Mai by offering suggestions on different tours to book which we could book through her. The hostel has a great charm with a beautiful garden to sit in and very spacious and clean rooms. Breakfast was excellent as well. Within 10 minutes walking to most things. Night bazaar was about 30 min walk or 80baht tuktuk for 5 min

The AC room was really good. Location in a quiet area but a nice short walk to everything. They provided a taxi and driver at good prices to go anywhere outside the old town. Staff mostly very helpful. Great value for money.

The staff was very kind, helpful, and accommodating to everyone's needs. It is easy to get there and to walk to other place from there. The breakfast is cheap and amazing. The beds are very comfortable. They washed, dried, and folded my laundry for me. They booked everything I wanted to do for me. If I ever return to Chiang Mai, I will stay here again.

The hostel staff was very friendly and helped with everything, making bookings for courses and arranging trips as well as transportation. However I guess it might have been slightly more expensive booking via them. After my last night there I left for a three day trekking trip around Chiangmai and it was no problem to store the luggage there for the few days.

Acceptable amenities.

Aoi, Nong, Boi 都太有爱惹! So lovely these staff :) . Felt like home there. Couldn't ask for more for this price and beautiful garden. Nice place to meet other backpackers.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • China

It is close to local market and bus termin u s (Sompet) and Three Kings Monument.It is behind a main street and it may be a little had tolocate the hostel has a fine grden and it offers meals. there is a bike shop nearby ( next toThai Airlines ). The manager is helpful and so is the owner Ms Aoi. It is within walking distance to Sunday Market. you can opt for bed space or a room.

Excellent place to stay on a budget. We were helped with bookings for elephant excursion and thai cooking school. Would highly recommend. Close walk to north gate area of old city.

Great place ...

Great hostel, had a good time in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Staff were very helpful and accommodating.

• 2nd Jan 2014

It was a nice enough place but nothing special. Quite a walk to the main part of town, but a reasonable distance from some nice restaurants. Facilities were decent, the food and coffee were pretty fantastic! It would be better if mosquito nets were provided - I stayed in a private room and though there were screens on the windows and doors there were gaps between the boards that made up the houses that bugs evidently got through as I was bitten many times during the night.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel and I wish I could my stay by 1-2 days in order to enjoy the georgeous sunny garden. Positive: The staff pointed out all the important places on the map, they helped us to book a day safari and they drove us to the agency to pick up our tickets. Very safe place and close to all main sightseeing. Negative: There have been to bed sheets provided. The breakfast was not included however it was reasonably priced.

Thank you for your review, hope you had a good time in Chiangmai. As the bedsheets reffered above, we change the bedsheets every time when people check out, even if they just stay one night, so I can promise that the bedsheet is 100% clean. As for the breakfast, hope you can understand, compared with other hotels which charge higher price including the breakfast, the price for an A/C room in my hostel 380 B is already very cheap, we are just a small hostel, I hope you can understand, thank you.

Nice patio at the fromt with table and colour lights around... the doors dont close, but you have lockers with key. A few blocks from the centre. Breakfast is not included but you can buy it there and is very good.

Lovely lovely place! Aoi and staff are very attentive. She's very helpful, keeps the place beautiful and sparkling! I was worried about the shared bathroom situation but to my delight - it was well maintained, really really clean!!! I would definitely stay at Aoi Garden again when I'm back in Chiang Mai.

When I arrived all staff were very friendly and helped book me some activities. Other than that I don't really think the hostel is worthy of such a high score as it was kind of average. The showers were not that warm which annoying since it was cold weather

We do have hot water machines attached to all of the shower heads. Perhaps you were confused on how to work the machine? Anyone at our guesthouse certainly would have helped you to figure it out if you had asked. We are very sorry you did not completely enjoy your stay and wish you had given us a little bit more of a chance to make it more comfortable for you.