Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Awesome place to stay! The people were so friendly and help you book tours and let you know what to do and see! A great place to meet people as they have a great outdoor common area and bar. Super clean and safe and is a perfect location to pretty much everything ! Definitely recommend this place!

• 28th May 2014

This is my favourite hostel and have now stayed about 5x in my 2 years travelling. The beds are super comfy, everything is really clean but the best bit is the staff who are all amazing and I always get welcomed with a "welcome home sarah".

A really good hostel. Bathrooms very very clean and washing service for 30B. Staff were very friendly and helpful. They were very accomodating when we wanted to extend our stay but we had to swap rooms 3 times and felt that that staff were a bit too laid back when we tried to sort our rooms in the morning. But would definitely recommend this place! Private fan rooms good and dorms have lockers.

We are glad you liked our hostel and enjoyed your stay with us. Because of our booking system when you ask to extend last minute you have to move to the room that is free. Of course we try and keep you in the same room but if this is not possible unfortunately we have to move you to a free room. Hope you

Great place for meeting people! The staff really go out of their way to make sure you have a good time in Chiang Mai. Tong, Tee, Boyz and Ms. Aoi herself are all genuine and wonderful hosts. Let them know your interests and they will arrange something for you. THEY ARE NEVER PUSHY WITH TOURS, which is refreshing. It gets quite hot in the dorms but the fans are strong and the screens help with air flow. Book ahead if you want an aircon room because they sell out fast. Delicious breakfast! Thanks!

Staffs here are amazing. Laundry service is great. Banana pancake is a must-try theme. Just hang out here at night is a whole lot of fun

Great staff, solid location, excellent atmosphere. Facilities are basic, but provide everything you need. Our fan room had one fan per bed so it was very comfortable. Would recommend and stay here again.

Amazing staff. Extremely nice and helpful. Location wise they are in a great place.

Such a nice place. Good to meet people in the garden. Nice dorms with your own locker. Lovely staff who will help you with everything.

• 24th May 2014

Great staff and location. Unfortunately we got a room without A/C and therefore decided to move to a hotel. The Manager was nice and cancelled two nights we were originally planning to stay there without any charge. Good prices for breakfast.

Stayed here for a week during my trip to Thailand. Well located, comfortable beds and clean rooms, excellent food and a very nice garden with a chill and cozy atmosphere. But what makes this place so welcoming is the amazing, fun and friendly crew of Aoi Garden; their advice and recommendations were always helpful and they make sure you make the most of your holidays. Great place to feel relaxed and chill out while meeting tons of people. Don't hesitate to book a room here!

• 22nd May 2014

My Husband and I had a great time at Aoi Garden. The staff is amazing (Hi Thong!!) and took great care of me as I'm 5 months pregnant. They made special arrangements for our Woody's Elephant park adventure to accommodate my condition. There are great restaurants near by, and the garden is a great place to hang out and meet fellow travelers while enjoying a banana shake from the hotel's coffee shop.

• 20th May 2014

Not a good place to stay . the staf does not answer your emails. The roon without AC is totally unconfortable. Never again.

I'm sorry to hear that. We did respond to your emails regarding directions to the hostel which contradicts your comment on us not responding. We do our best for all guests to find their way here, and help plan for their activities. However, you only stayed the one night (8 hrs, less than the minimum 2 night stay), and yet you must understand that their are other guests that stay longer whom also require attention.

This is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff are all amazing and will help you organize anything you want to do. It is also a really social place and the court yard is great for relaxing and meeting people. I liked this place so much I ended up staying here twice.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Lots of other great guests and good atmosphere for meeting people.

For the price I guess you can't expect too much.. The garden area is nice to meet new people. The breakfast is average and you have to pay extra for it. The shared bathrooms are shared between many people so sometimes you have to wait a while for the shower or toilet... I found the staff to be overall unhelpful and rather rude on one occasion stating that 'this is not a resort' after I'd asked if they had a different pillow as it was rock hard and lumpy...

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.Our breakfast are sold separately and are not part of the room rates.That is why our rooms are very cheap.There is a bathroom in each house that are all shared and we also have extra bathrooms outside.All of our pillows are the same and no one has ever complained before..so sorry the pillow do not meet your expectation . Our staff try to be helpful to all of our guests as much as possible but we can not meet every single persons standards

Friendly staff

Really good hostel. However the only thing that I saw and didn't really like was the cleanliness. The staff that was cleaning the rooms didn't change the bed linen or either the mattress of the bed after the previous guests leave. Could be a great hostel, but if there is area where you shouldn't be stingy is the cleanliness

Hi thank you for your review.All of our beds are changed after each guest check out.If no guest stay in the bed the night before.We do not change everyday.All beds have been cleaned.We have plenty of spare bed sheet and are washed regularly.As with all hostels and hotels alike we do not change the mattress for each new guest.We pride ourselves on our cleanliness.

Just awesome! Great staff, cool vibes and quiet but still close to everything.

• 15th May 2014

the best place. boyz organised everything for us and was a good dude to hang out with in the beautiful garden. easy to meet people and had a great time. clean bathrooms, good bar, the best.

Definitely the best place to stay in Chiang Mai. Super friendly staffs are welcome to help you in everything, even when you are finding a dinner place at 11:00 pm and sitting till late to help you planning your trip there. This hostel make me just feel like home with my brothers around. Great place to stay and enjoy. One tiny minor point is about the mosquitoes. As a garden place, you will be brace yourself in the battle with them. Though, its seems ok if you put your spray on.