Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very nice hostel, very good price, good location, quiet but close to bars, temple and inside the old city and 5 minutes walking to the Sunday night market. Staff is really nice, and it's very easy to meet other travelers. I needed to receive some important document by mail, and they received it and gave it to me. Thank you so much for everything, it was

• 24th Aug 2014

Staff was constantly trying to sale thier trips (treck etc..). Prices of coffee and other goods changed everyday based on their mood or your face. The atmosphere is cold and does not lend itself to connections with other hosts. Really not impressed by the place.

Staff is never trying to sell trips, only if customers are interested the Staff offers some ideas, no one is ever forced to do anything. There are more types of coffee offered, price depends what kind of coffee, but is always the same price, same for meals. Moreover we offer a garden, where plenty of guests spend their time together at night, actually everyone is responsible for themselves whether they're communicative or not.We can't force people to be communicative if they stay in their rooms.

The hostel's main guy in charge is a weird and sometimes very annoying. He just tries tu be nice but gets to much when you are trying to have a quiet moment or when you are even having a shower!! You want o ask about tours and just laugs Ah! DONT do the elephant tour, its sketchy and when I asked why there was a circus truck in the elephant "retirement" park he "forgot" how to soeak english and walked The best is the garden to chill with a great atmosphere but te dorms themselves arent the best

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry about that our staff might have annoyed you. Our staff is always just trying to be communicative with guests travelling on their own.It might be just a communication misunderstanding, due to the fact that it is the second language for both sites. Every guests should feel free to contact us if something is not the way they wished, we'll do our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.But we might not reach everyone's standard.

Really great atmosphere. Outdoor patio, hammock, gazebo, tables, book exchange, place to buy drinks. Rooms are not like traditional dorms, most have 2-4 beds, not bunks. Many are fan rooms, NOT AC/ air con... Can get really hot. Staff is friendly and helpful for booking tours etc. Travelers at this hostel are generally pretty cool and looking to have fun. Hostel is close to walking market and to the northern wall, so easy get tuk-tuks and trucks.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked our place. We try to do our best to help the guests have as good of a stay as possible. But, there are some things we can not control, like the weather. We try to give everyone one fan each in the fan dorms, but we have A/C dorms as well. You booked a FAN dorm which is cheaper than A/C, and we hope you understand that you get what you pay for :) If the weather is hot, we recommend an A/C room! Thank you.

The staff were great. The hostel had a great communal space where everyone socialised so was very easy to meet people. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 20th Aug 2014

I had a great time at this hostel! The staff was really kind and friendly. I was a solo traveler and they sat down with me and a map showing me all of the places to go. The only big downside is no A/C in the dorms.

• 20th Aug 2014

Sorry we couldn't give you A/C dorm because you booked FAN dorm.We have different types of the room with different price,so we need to follow your booking.However thank you to stayed with us.

the hostel design is very good, with a touch of nature. I booked for 2 nights but stayed for three, the last night they moved me to another hostel they have near by which is very good as well. Staff is very helpful, they even took me to exchange some money and from one hostel to the other by scooter. I would stay here again next time!

I've been backpacking for one year now and this was one of my favourite hostels. Its really relaxed and social. The staff were amazing!

• 19th Aug 2014

Nice atmosphere, staff is friendly and helpful. They will go above and beyond for you. Doors to bedrooms are just screens with no locks. Staff kept moving my stuff around every time they cleaned, which got a little frustrating--I never knew where my towels went. Bar and garden area is a lot of fun.

Thank you for the review.We're happy to hear that you liked the atmosphere and the staff. Due to the fact that another door next to the mosquito door would make much noise during the night when guests arrive late and at different times, we decided to have only one mosquito door.Also because this area is very safe.Besides that every guest has its own locker.Like all hostels do, we also clean up the rooms everyday, if belongings are in another guests area, we have to put it back where it belongs.

The staff were friendly and helpful and everything was very clean with no bugs. Had an alright stay.

one of the best hangout areas I have ever encountered in hostels, a caring owner and cozy, clean beds. All you want from a first-class hostel

Definitely recommend this hostel. Rooms come with a personal fan which helps when there is no air con. Nice bar/chill out area outside. Would stay here again!

We were very very pleased with what aoi garden offered for the price we payed. We felt realy good there. Rooms were clean, bathrooms as well. All the stuff very friendly and helpful. Firstly we booked only 2 nights there but after one night we knew we want to stay longer. Very relaxing atmosphere in the garden, we loved to sit there and drink some coffee.you get to meet also lot of people there- mostly backpackers. Another positive was that it was quite during the night.just perfect!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Slovakia

The beds are bad, Where you are lying there is no matras anymore. And the gassen me out of my room the last day. There Where spraying against mosquitos with smoke, and they didn't warn us. So were still in the room when the smoked in front of the window and the room files with smoke. Everything stunk... Not good for people to inhale this! Not happy at all that morning. All they did was saying sorry...

All first floor rooms are metal frame beds 40cm above floor with 17cm mattress and 3cm topper, same as second floor rooms, but without metal frame to reduce noise for first floor guest. Mosquito smoke spray is necessary, welcome to Chiang Mai. The Mosquito spraying is city mandated and done on their schedule, normally guests relax in our court yard and enjoy cool beverage during this time.

For me it was perfect!

Great atmosphere, with lots of backpackers hanging out in the garden. I enjoyed having a real bed, though my first mattress was far better than my second (I switched rooms after coming back from a trek). The hosts are very nice. LOTS of mosquitoes outside, so just be prepared.

Best in Chiang mai!

There is nothing bad I can say about this hostel. The staff really care about your stay and want to make sure you have a good stay. The owner is a sweetheart. The atmosphere is like no other hostel I have stayed in. My favorite hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 7th Aug 2014

I have nothing but great things to say about this hostel. Aoi, who owns the hostel and the soon to be opened Aoi Hostel, is great - helpful and thoughtful. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. As other people have mentioned, it's hard not to meet people here. The communal area is a great outdoor garden. I've made many friends already. The location is in the northern section of the old city, close to everything. I had a truly great time in Chiang Mai, with help from Aoi. Thanks!

• 6th Aug 2014

Might be good to put locks on the rooms