Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Definitely the best place to stay in Chiang Mai. Super friendly staffs are welcome to help you in everything, even when you are finding a dinner place at 11:00 pm and sitting till late to help you planning your trip there. This hostel make me just feel like home with my brothers around. Great place to stay and enjoy. One tiny minor point is about the mosquitoes. As a garden place, you will be brace yourself in the battle with them. Though, its seems ok if you put your spray on.

The best hostel we have ever stayed in! Location is good as it is in the city walls. It's not right in the main streets but we found this great as it was quite at night. The atmosphere is partly what makes this hostel so great! The open garden cafe is great for meeting people and the staff, in particular bois was extremely helpful for planning our stay and genuinely great company. This hostel deserves the reputation as Chang Mai's best hostel!!

This is a wonderful place to stay with a great environment that is both peaceful and encourages meeting other travelers. My only complaint would be about a lack of air-conditioning. With only an oscillating fan, it was some nights difficult to sleep.

There are bugs in toilet (may due to the hot weather there). But the staff there are very friendly and helpful. Had a good time there.

The garden is a gorgeous place to hang out with speedy wifi and other travelers, but its the staff that really make this place amazing.

The mixed rooms only had fans, no AC. It was pretty terrible in May. The beds were tightly squeezed into the room as well. Not recommended.

Thank you for your feedback. At our hostel we provide both fan & AC dorms, which you can select when booking. Our beds are not the standard bunk beds found in most dorms but are large single beds. We choose this to ensure our guests have the best possible sleep and are comfortable. We also provide lockers so there should be ample space in between beds in each dorm. We are are sorry our hostel did not meet your expectations on your visit.

A great place to stay! Friendly staff, good vibes, fun social area/garden. If you are in Chiang Mai then you should stay here!

nice place ,but no AC ,night is ok ,daytime is very hot,want shower all the time.

• 11th May 2014
  • China

Ended up not being my cup of tea, but that is not to say that it is a super chill place! Location is a bit out of the way from things I wanted to do, but it's very pretty place and the staff is very friendly!

I stayed 2 nights with my sister at the beginning of May. The property is pretty nice, with a lovely garden, and well located within the old town of Chiang Mai. The room was simple yet clean and nice, but as we had a room with a window on the garden, it was a bit noisy at night, even though the rules of Aoi Garden Home specify that there should be no noise after 23:00. In overall, an okay ++ stay.

We had a great journey, could'nt ask more.

• 10th May 2014

Hostel was very nice, owners and other staff were amazing! Only minor complaints are the location, a little far from some main sights but still very much walkable, and the lack of a/c in most rooms! When we stayed it was around 38 degrees so being in the room any other time besides at night with all fans in the room blasting was unbearable. Besides those two small things, I would highly recommend this hostel due to price, atmosphere and staff!

The hostel was awesome, great staff, clean rooms and met some amazing people!

• 7th May 2014

This is the place to stay for backpackers in Chiang Mai. Excellent staff, who goes above in beyond to help you plan your time in and around Chiang Mai. Aoi is also a great place to meet other people. Place seemed full every night.

I didn't like that when I arrived and waited for my room after traveling to Chiang Mai all night they immediately tried to sell me expensive tours. The shower next to my room was leaking and flooded the room every time someone used it. Other than that it was an ok place.

Staff are amazing and friendly and so helpful when booking tours and activities. They genuinely want you to love your stay. The breakfast is good and it's not uncommon that people come here and never want to leave. The atmosphere is fantastic and especially while traveling alone, you'll never be alone here. I stayed here for a week and made a trip to Pai then came back because there was no point in looking for a better place. In my top 3 favorite hostels. Thanks to The amazing staff here.

Aoi is great. I have stayed here twice for over 3 weeks. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. Easy to talk with. The garden is such a good place to chill and meet other people. Dorms are no bunkbeds and fans for every bed. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

The staff are very nice, try best to meet our needs. The location is convenient where near around the Thai airway and one temple. The environment is good and the room is comfortable.

• 5th May 2014
  • China

Booked for 2 nights but ended up staying for 5 or 6. Awesome hostel with awesome people and very helpful/friendly staff. Not a party hostel but definitely sociable and very lively. It's easy to find people in the hostel and party at one of the bars in town if that's what you're after.

Back here for my third time - Aoi and the gang have become like my Thai family so always stop here - great to see how far in just two short years the hostel has developed. Relaxing, clean, great location and staff that will bend over backwards to help as much as they can! Exellent place to meet other travellers and base yourself for all the activites Chiang Mai has to offer. Send so many people I meet travelling here and get nothing but great feedback! Best fruit shakes in Thailand too!