Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Firts thing to improve is cleanliness, especially in the bathrooms as well as all the public areas. Also the fans in the room were all covered of dust. Secondly, please stop trying to sell to everyone all kind of tours, it is really annoying.

Thank you for your review. We would've appreciated your comments during your stay here to help you feel more comfortable. Regarding the tours, we want our guests to be well informed of the different activities. There are always tour agencies nearby that can also accommodate your requests. If you had felt that we didn't do enough to provide you with enough information about the tours, you may have complained as well. We try to find a balance between both.

Loved our stay here, the staff were so lovely and helpful and the atmosphere was fab, great place to meet people in the garden or to just sit quietly and read. The breakfast they offered was really nice and great value, would highly recommend this hostel!

Aoi Garden is a small and cozy hostel in a good location. The rooms and facilities are well maintained and the staff are always friendly and helpful. Like a lot of people who stay here, I extended my stay an extra couple of days. Do yourself a favour, hire a scooter and go explore! Chiang Mai is awesome, and so too is this hostel. Big thanks to T and all the other staff members for making things so easy and enjoyable.

Great place to stay, people are really nice and the rooms are great for the price. Only 5mins away from the pubs.

Can't say anything against this place. Great, friendly staff, very knowledgable. Good social scene in the reception area. Double room had a huge bed & within block with other rooms so felt very secure. Location is also great, north of the old city & tucked away on a quiet soi. Highly recommend Aoi Gardens!

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at in SEA. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I made so many friends at the hostel from chilling in the garden. And, Mr, Kai is the man.

Cute hostel in a quiet neighborhood. Within walking distance to most sites. Some staff were friendly and more competent than others but when my friend had an accident One staff member drove her to the hospital at 1am which was extremely nice. Great social atmosphere at the hostel.

Overall I would definitely recommend staying at Aoi Garden Home. It's absolutely beautiful and a 10-15 minute walk from ever major site and area of interest. Plus, if you're veg (I'm vegan) it's right near a great cafe called Blue Diamond. Can be loud at night and there's only two showers shared between each building but it was never a huge problem. Staff is playful but got weird when we had friends over (just outside) to visit. Will help you book tours. Coffee

Reading the brilliant reviews about this place we were very disappointed and wish we had stayed elsewhere and not in a shack with aircon. Just was not for us at all. The security left a lot to be desired and the staff were somewhat rude - we didn't book our tours through them so they were nothing but unhelpful. The atmosphere was pretty awkward most of the time and the facilities are very average. Looks much better in the dark! The only good thing is that it was relatively cheap!

Fantastic place. The staff are extremely friendly and make you feel part of the family. The atmosphere is brilliant and the rooms are great.

Soon as you walk in the front door you can tell its a great atmosphere. Everyone we met there was friendly, staff included. Pleasure to stay here!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

A young friendly hostel. Very close to the night markets and the town centre. Lots of young travellers hanging out here.

The staff was simply a delight. They were friendly and welcoming and extremely helpful in planning my trip. I stayed there twice, if that tells you anything.

Amazing place! Possibly the best hostel I stayed at on my whole trip. Very social, great place to meet people. Tee is the man, book your treks and stuff through him. Definitely do Da's cooking class. I hate cooking and it was possibly the best part of my time in Chiang Mai.

A very nice hostel, great for socialising. The rooms are made from wood so are very hot to sleep in with just a fan. The shared bathroom facilities are good and clean. Although there's not much to see/do in Chiang Mai, the staff were helpful with booking activities and onward travel.

This hostel is fantastic, one of the best I have ever stayed in. "T," one of the staff, sat down with me at the beginning of my stay and helped me make a plan of fun things to do during my time in Chiang Mai. It was extremely easy to meet people at this hostel and my bed (in a private room) was comfortable. It felt kind of like cabin camping - nothing fancy, but for the money, excellent. Bring bug spray if you stay here though, there can be mosquitos in the open air common area.

most incapable and unwelcoming manager I have met in Asia: This lady is quite easy to spot...look out for a group of card players and you have found her. She literally gambles all day long. Should you dare to interrupt her (to extend your stay) you are just told to go to bar and write it down. This happened not only to me but to other travelers as well. They don't seem to understand how to handle extensions and expect you to check out every time. Complete chaos!

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Luxembourg

Unfortunately, hostels can be quite busy at times. While we are happy to help when possible, it is not always feasible to accommodate last minute extensions. Oftentimes, when no notice is given, accommodation can be made, but the guest may need to switch beds or rooms. As for the staff at the hostel, all members of the staff are friendly and capable of helping guests. The manager can't be expected to attend to every demand, hence the availability of several staff members.

Very friendly and funny owner

I originally was going to only stay at Aoi Garden Home for 3 nights. But, then I fell in love with the place and Chiang Mai and extended my stay another 4 nights. The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is chill and I am planning on heading back to Aoi Gardens at the end of my 2.5 months here. I really dont have anything negative to say about this hostel.

The staff was really great and the atmosphere was too! The place is full of backpackers and it's really nice to have a chat with them.

• 5th Jun 2014