Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff are all amazing and will help you organize anything you want to do. It is also a really social place and the court yard is great for relaxing and meeting people. I liked this place so much I ended up staying here twice.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Lots of other great guests and good atmosphere for meeting people.

For the price I guess you can't expect too much.. The garden area is nice to meet new people. The breakfast is average and you have to pay extra for it. The shared bathrooms are shared between many people so sometimes you have to wait a while for the shower or toilet... I found the staff to be overall unhelpful and rather rude on one occasion stating that 'this is not a resort' after I'd asked if they had a different pillow as it was rock hard and lumpy...

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.Our breakfast are sold separately and are not part of the room rates.That is why our rooms are very cheap.There is a bathroom in each house that are all shared and we also have extra bathrooms outside.All of our pillows are the same and no one has ever complained before..so sorry the pillow do not meet your expectation . Our staff try to be helpful to all of our guests as much as possible but we can not meet every single persons standards

Friendly staff

Really good hostel. However the only thing that I saw and didn't really like was the cleanliness. The staff that was cleaning the rooms didn't change the bed linen or either the mattress of the bed after the previous guests leave. Could be a great hostel, but if there is area where you shouldn't be stingy is the cleanliness

Hi thank you for your review.All of our beds are changed after each guest check out.If no guest stay in the bed the night before.We do not change everyday.All beds have been cleaned.We have plenty of spare bed sheet and are washed regularly.As with all hostels and hotels alike we do not change the mattress for each new guest.We pride ourselves on our cleanliness.

Just awesome! Great staff, cool vibes and quiet but still close to everything.

• 15th May 2014

the best place. boyz organised everything for us and was a good dude to hang out with in the beautiful garden. easy to meet people and had a great time. clean bathrooms, good bar, the best.

Definitely the best place to stay in Chiang Mai. Super friendly staffs are welcome to help you in everything, even when you are finding a dinner place at 11:00 pm and sitting till late to help you planning your trip there. This hostel make me just feel like home with my brothers around. Great place to stay and enjoy. One tiny minor point is about the mosquitoes. As a garden place, you will be brace yourself in the battle with them. Though, its seems ok if you put your spray on.

The best hostel we have ever stayed in! Location is good as it is in the city walls. It's not right in the main streets but we found this great as it was quite at night. The atmosphere is partly what makes this hostel so great! The open garden cafe is great for meeting people and the staff, in particular bois was extremely helpful for planning our stay and genuinely great company. This hostel deserves the reputation as Chang Mai's best hostel!!

This is a wonderful place to stay with a great environment that is both peaceful and encourages meeting other travelers. My only complaint would be about a lack of air-conditioning. With only an oscillating fan, it was some nights difficult to sleep.

There are bugs in toilet (may due to the hot weather there). But the staff there are very friendly and helpful. Had a good time there.

The garden is a gorgeous place to hang out with speedy wifi and other travelers, but its the staff that really make this place amazing.

The mixed rooms only had fans, no AC. It was pretty terrible in May. The beds were tightly squeezed into the room as well. Not recommended.

Thank you for your feedback. At our hostel we provide both fan & AC dorms, which you can select when booking. Our beds are not the standard bunk beds found in most dorms but are large single beds. We choose this to ensure our guests have the best possible sleep and are comfortable. We also provide lockers so there should be ample space in between beds in each dorm. We are are sorry our hostel did not meet your expectations on your visit.

A great place to stay! Friendly staff, good vibes, fun social area/garden. If you are in Chiang Mai then you should stay here!

nice place ,but no AC ,night is ok ,daytime is very hot,want shower all the time.

• 11th May 2014
  • China

Ended up not being my cup of tea, but that is not to say that it is a super chill place! Location is a bit out of the way from things I wanted to do, but it's very pretty place and the staff is very friendly!

I stayed 2 nights with my sister at the beginning of May. The property is pretty nice, with a lovely garden, and well located within the old town of Chiang Mai. The room was simple yet clean and nice, but as we had a room with a window on the garden, it was a bit noisy at night, even though the rules of Aoi Garden Home specify that there should be no noise after 23:00. In overall, an okay ++ stay.

We had a great journey, could'nt ask more.

Hostel was very nice, owners and other staff were amazing! Only minor complaints are the location, a little far from some main sights but still very much walkable, and the lack of a/c in most rooms! When we stayed it was around 38 degrees so being in the room any other time besides at night with all fans in the room blasting was unbearable. Besides those two small things, I would highly recommend this hostel due to price, atmosphere and staff!

The hostel was awesome, great staff, clean rooms and met some amazing people!

• 7th May 2014