Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

We liked very much our 5 people dorm. The place is cozy and the price really good. However, we felt cheated by the owner, specially regarding Elephants trip. We were expecting a good treatment elephant camp, and she told us that she would recommend us a good place, but it wasn't. Be aware of this kind of things and always compare Elephant Camps, cause cruelty with the animals there is very sad :( The owner, Aoi, used to work as a guide and "she never gets anything from what she does for you" ...

Great place ! Everything is perfect ... Very clean , beautiful garden , quiet at night and very good atmosphere ! You should book this place ;)

One of the best place I stayed ! Clean, good staff, quiet at night and cheap place ... Aoi is very well located with a very large and beautiful garden ! If you try Aoi you will love it and will come back for sure ;) A big thanks to Aoi to offer her lovely place for a very good deal / price I will be back !!!

The common area is beautiful. very green with very nice lights. It is a very quiet place. And the dorms are lovely.The private rooms however were not so nice as there are only two matraces on the floor. For the same money you can find in chiang mai better facilities with own bathroom and Internet etc. which the hostel does not offer.

Thank you for your comment. We are a traditional Chiang Mai style garden guest house, we would love to have private bath room for our guests. However, it is not the design for the traditional style when the houses were built decades ago. We do our best to provide our guests and friends the traditional home feeling. The fast WIFI service is indeed provided which gives our guests the convience. We believe you had a good time here, and we feel sorry that our rooms are booked a few weeks in advance and we cannot extend your stay when you asked for it. Again, thank you very much for your advice, we will constantly improve our guest house to make it better home for our guests.

Easily one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. It was very affordable, the atmosphere was lovely, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the staff were super helpful. Aoi was able to recommend great things to do around the city, and even book a bus ticket for me to head back to Bangkok. Most of the people I met here were really nice, and the garden was a perfect place to socialize or relax. If you head here, plan to stay longer than you expect :)

Such a cute place! The staff was awesome, great at recommending and booking activities, took time to show us around with a map of the city, and the Banana Pancakes are AMAZINGGGGGGG!

• 19th Nov 2013

Super hostel ! Super staff ! Super well located ! Super clean ! Super quiet ! Super cheap ! After having spent many times in Chiang mai and even all over Asia , I can say this is one of the best hostels ever I have been ! Just book it , you will love it ...

By far the best hostel we stay in whilst in thailand. Good value for money, clean and helpful staff.

Fantastic hostel within old quarter of chiang mai. Slightly further away from bars etc but only 15 min walk and enough people stay to make it busy. Discount on woodys elephant park too which was fantastic. Great rooms and showers - fan is fine as well. Good food and Aoi is really nice - would stay again!

My wife and I greatly enjoyed staying at AOI Garden Home. The staff is very friendly and approachable, very willing to help guide you if it is your first time in Chiang Mai. The atmosphere is very relaxed and no one is in a rush, we enjoyed just sitting in the garden drinking our iced cocoa and iced Ceylon tea. We highly recommend staying at AOI garden for anyone going to Chiang Mai.

• 13th Nov 2013

The people who run this place are lovely and helpful. They arranged a song thaew for a group of us to see Yee Ping. The facilities are well maintained. The price is a bargain. Breakfast is good. The main drawback of this place is that it's about a 20 minute walk to the centre of the action, the East Gate. On the other hand this means that the surroundings are tranquil. Just plan to be out for hours at a time instead of expecting to be able to duck back to the hostel every now and then.

This hostel is superb. I loved it so much that when my time was up and there were no more beds left I chose to still stay here in a tent rather than go somewhere else. The dorms are great and clean and Aoi is lovely and very helpful. The atmosphere here us excellent and all of us that met here had a great time.

• 13th Nov 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, easy to see why its rated so highly, good people running the place, room was clean and had a small t.v, ac. Great setup with the courtyard in the middle i think that was a lot of its charm, showers etc are kept very clean and yes....i would stay again

everything is nice to stay here!!!

Lovely little hostel. Shared dorm - all guests were respectful so no problems, and a couple of fans meant the temperature was bearable. Everything was so clean. Staff were really helpful with booking tours and scooters.

We booked here for our first couple of days in Chiang Mai as we wanted somewhere quiet and chilled out whilst we work out where everything is. The twin fan rooms were brilliant, bathrooms great and the staff we're more than happy to help with tours, directions, laundry etc. Plenty of friendly backpackers but not the loud dorm atmosphere that can be annoying if you don't want to party every night so it's brillianr if you're out to really see Chiang mai. Will be returning :)

Really nice and relaxed place with friendly and helpful staff.

I had an extreme happy time there due to the friendly and helpful staff there. The environment is especially good. Very pretty and clean. Location is also great. There's only one point, they offered me one-day tour with higher price after asking with other tourists in the same group. But I still would choose here to stay if I go back to Chiang Mai.

Aoi made my visit very pleasant. Thanks!

• 27th Oct 2013
  • South Africa

Very nice and cheap place to stay. The staff was kind and helpful. The common area is lovely but was full of mosquitoes.