Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

The staff are keen for you to book trips through them!

We apologize you feel this way. Our intention is really to show you the numerous activities available, and inform you of the ones that most guests tend to book. We honestly try to make the guests feel comfortable and allow them to explore some of the activities in & outside the city. Apologies again.

One of the most beautiful places I've ever stayed.. You are welcomed was a warm friendly smile when you arrive and the staff are brilliant. With so much character, they can advise you what to do, where to go or even just giving you a map to find your way around. The atmosphere is brilliant, if you want hang out with others or chill and read it's great for both. Can't explain how wonderful this place is, it's my second time there and already planning on going back.

Staff are super friendly and helpful!

Our room had no air conditioning, but they gave us an extra fan. Super nice staff, but a ton of mosquitoes. Great location.

I was there for 5 days then came back for another 2 they booked it with no problems staff are very nice, and in a good week the Atmosphere is Lovely! I recommend it for many friends already :)

Good stay at Aoi Garden Home. Facilities were in good shape. Compound is split into multiple small housing units, with a dorm having 5 beds to one private bathroom. Garden area is cool with the shade, and the parties at night can be a ton of fun. Staff is very outgoing and fun to talk to. Staff can arrange day trips or multi day trips, however, ask around at local tour organizers. Sometimes prices are much better, sometimes worse. Staff may seem be a bit angry if you don't book with them though.

Firts thing to improve is cleanliness, especially in the bathrooms as well as all the public areas. Also the fans in the room were all covered of dust. Secondly, please stop trying to sell to everyone all kind of tours, it is really annoying.

Thank you for your review. We would've appreciated your comments during your stay here to help you feel more comfortable. Regarding the tours, we want our guests to be well informed of the different activities. There are always tour agencies nearby that can also accommodate your requests. If you had felt that we didn't do enough to provide you with enough information about the tours, you may have complained as well. We try to find a balance between both.

Loved our stay here, the staff were so lovely and helpful and the atmosphere was fab, great place to meet people in the garden or to just sit quietly and read. The breakfast they offered was really nice and great value, would highly recommend this hostel!

Aoi Garden is a small and cozy hostel in a good location. The rooms and facilities are well maintained and the staff are always friendly and helpful. Like a lot of people who stay here, I extended my stay an extra couple of days. Do yourself a favour, hire a scooter and go explore! Chiang Mai is awesome, and so too is this hostel. Big thanks to T and all the other staff members for making things so easy and enjoyable.

Great place to stay, people are really nice and the rooms are great for the price. Only 5mins away from the pubs.

Can't say anything against this place. Great, friendly staff, very knowledgable. Good social scene in the reception area. Double room had a huge bed & within block with other rooms so felt very secure. Location is also great, north of the old city & tucked away on a quiet soi. Highly recommend Aoi Gardens!

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed at in SEA. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I made so many friends at the hostel from chilling in the garden. And, Mr, Kai is the man.

Cute hostel in a quiet neighborhood. Within walking distance to most sites. Some staff were friendly and more competent than others but when my friend had an accident One staff member drove her to the hospital at 1am which was extremely nice. Great social atmosphere at the hostel.

Overall I would definitely recommend staying at Aoi Garden Home. It's absolutely beautiful and a 10-15 minute walk from ever major site and area of interest. Plus, if you're veg (I'm vegan) it's right near a great cafe called Blue Diamond. Can be loud at night and there's only two showers shared between each building but it was never a huge problem. Staff is playful but got weird when we had friends over (just outside) to visit. Will help you book tours. Coffee

Reading the brilliant reviews about this place we were very disappointed and wish we had stayed elsewhere and not in a shack with aircon. Just was not for us at all. The security left a lot to be desired and the staff were somewhat rude - we didn't book our tours through them so they were nothing but unhelpful. The atmosphere was pretty awkward most of the time and the facilities are very average. Looks much better in the dark! The only good thing is that it was relatively cheap!

Fantastic place. The staff are extremely friendly and make you feel part of the family. The atmosphere is brilliant and the rooms are great.

Soon as you walk in the front door you can tell its a great atmosphere. Everyone we met there was friendly, staff included. Pleasure to stay here!

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

A young friendly hostel. Very close to the night markets and the town centre. Lots of young travellers hanging out here.

The staff was simply a delight. They were friendly and welcoming and extremely helpful in planning my trip. I stayed there twice, if that tells you anything.

Amazing place! Possibly the best hostel I stayed at on my whole trip. Very social, great place to meet people. Tee is the man, book your treks and stuff through him. Definitely do Da's cooking class. I hate cooking and it was possibly the best part of my time in Chiang Mai.