Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Stayed here two separate times during my Thai travels. The staff is amazing as they helped my group book our various elephant tours, jungle treks, etc. They offer a decent breakfast and adequate drinks and espresso for the mornings, but no other food is offered. Great atmosphere to meet people and walking to the moat for 7/11 trips, Zoe Yellow club nights, or food options is very fast and easy.

• 10th Apr 2014

Good staff. The rooms without air condition is very hot. A city like Chiang Mai, I think all rooms need to have air con. But the price of the rooms are very good.

this is hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in - charm, good price, friendliness, good location, this place has it all. Thank you for a lovely stay Aoi Garden Hostel!!!!

I can't find the words to describe how amazing this hostel is! The staff truly do an exceptional job at making sure everyone is well taken care of. From keeping rooms/bathrooms clean to booking everyone's activities...in fact, they should really be charging more... :) It's sad to see some of the reviews that complain about noise (hard to control large groups),price of beer, how hot it is in the rooms (come on...you're in thailand. for the price you pay, can't expect to get ac everywhere.) 100%!

Stayed here in '11 under a different name - it was good then but now it's even better. The garden area is pretty with fairy lights, tables and shade. The rooms are simple but the effect works - it feels minimalist rather than basic. The staff are friendly and always on hand for advice. There are always people around tending to the gardens / rooms. Lovely location within the moat but in a quiet part. Stayed with husband and 50 year old parents, all loved it! Thank you!

The staff were always available to help with any bookings you needed doing in the area or any things you were concerned about. They always had a smile on their face and seemed to genuinely care about the people they had staying there - a fantastic atmosphere.

Pretty great all around! Staff was extremely helpful. They'll sit down with you and help you plan out your whole stay if you like, but they're not pushy like some other places I've stayed at. Particularly good for people traveling on their own. I'll be sure to stay with them again.

• 31st Mar 2014

Definitely value for money. Great atmosphere, friendly staffs feel like a big family here, 15mins for airport near sightseeing places. Would highly recommended traveler to stay with Aoi Garden.

Good place ,kind staff&boss, clean bed&room&bathroom ,beautiful garden,cute cat, They will give you two keys One for room, the other for door ,because it will closed until 10 pm.really safe here.We love it . It's really recommended for your choice if you want to stay ChiangMai for a long time!

• 26th Mar 2014
  • China

This is a great backpacker hostel--wonderful garden area that's great for hanging out and meeting people. Helpful staff! Quiet hours start at 11:00pm, which was enforced most nights. The walls are pretty thin, which was particularly unfortunate for me as I was situated right next to the bathroom and was subjected to a fellow hacking up a lung every night, but I don't think it'd be a problem in other rooms and considered this just a small inconvenience for an otherwise lovely stay.

Very incredibly welcome in this hostel. My 100% review measures everything the hostel has to offer. Special thanks to the owner Aoi who is such a nice person. Thank you.

My favourite hostel in Asia! for the price I was expecting it to be run down and dirty NO it is really well thought out true budget accommodation, they have not cut corners it has been designed with intelligence, I was so impressed! all rooms have own space and curtains for a little privacy, own locker, free towel, mosquito repellant, cleaned everyday to a very high standard, really good atmosphere everyone chills in the garden easy to meet people, staff help you book tours and give ideas too :D

Great place to meet other travelers, cheap and is central. Very easy to walk around the city and chech out all the temples on foot!

Thank you for such a lovely stay. The muesli breakfast is amazing!

Such a beautiful, charming hostel. Loads of info about what to do in Chiang Mai, and lots of nice places to sit down and chill out. Really popular though we couldn't extend our stay so book ahead!!

This is a really nice place to stay, also very helpful staff for organizing tours, taxis, etc.

Aoi Garden Home is a fantastic hostel. My room was very clean and my bed was extremley comfortable. There were no bunk beds in the room. The outside garden is a great way to relax and meet fellow travellers. Aoi and her staff are so friendly and I was able to book some amazing days trips at the hostel with help from the staff. I would most definitely stay here again if I ever return to Chiangmai.

Highly recommended. Awesome garden. Very social, great for solo traveller.

Good place, well located in a quiet area ... The only downside is the wifi , not easily reachable from time to time !

Aoi is unbeatable in terms of the price and the quality of service you can get there. It locates in the north of Chiangmai Old City and thus it is convenient to go anywhere you want. Also, it provides a peaceful atmosphere here which helps you experience the spirit of doing nothing here in this beautiful place. Facilities are good enough, and the public area is surrounded with plants and flowers. Definitely enjoyable stay. I will stay here when I return to Chiangmai from Sukhothai.