Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

We had a great journey, could'nt ask more.

Hostel was very nice, owners and other staff were amazing! Only minor complaints are the location, a little far from some main sights but still very much walkable, and the lack of a/c in most rooms! When we stayed it was around 38 degrees so being in the room any other time besides at night with all fans in the room blasting was unbearable. Besides those two small things, I would highly recommend this hostel due to price, atmosphere and staff!

The hostel was awesome, great staff, clean rooms and met some amazing people!

• 7th May 2014

This is the place to stay for backpackers in Chiang Mai. Excellent staff, who goes above in beyond to help you plan your time in and around Chiang Mai. Aoi is also a great place to meet other people. Place seemed full every night.

I didn't like that when I arrived and waited for my room after traveling to Chiang Mai all night they immediately tried to sell me expensive tours. The shower next to my room was leaking and flooded the room every time someone used it. Other than that it was an ok place.

Staff are amazing and friendly and so helpful when booking tours and activities. They genuinely want you to love your stay. The breakfast is good and it's not uncommon that people come here and never want to leave. The atmosphere is fantastic and especially while traveling alone, you'll never be alone here. I stayed here for a week and made a trip to Pai then came back because there was no point in looking for a better place. In my top 3 favorite hostels. Thanks to The amazing staff here.

Aoi is great. I have stayed here twice for over 3 weeks. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. Easy to talk with. The garden is such a good place to chill and meet other people. Dorms are no bunkbeds and fans for every bed. I would recommend anyone to stay here.

The staff are very nice, try best to meet our needs. The location is convenient where near around the Thai airway and one temple. The environment is good and the room is comfortable.

• 5th May 2014
  • China

Booked for 2 nights but ended up staying for 5 or 6. Awesome hostel with awesome people and very helpful/friendly staff. Not a party hostel but definitely sociable and very lively. It's easy to find people in the hostel and party at one of the bars in town if that's what you're after.

Back here for my third time - Aoi and the gang have become like my Thai family so always stop here - great to see how far in just two short years the hostel has developed. Relaxing, clean, great location and staff that will bend over backwards to help as much as they can! Exellent place to meet other travellers and base yourself for all the activites Chiang Mai has to offer. Send so many people I meet travelling here and get nothing but great feedback! Best fruit shakes in Thailand too!

Amazing service, great ambiance, cool people. All around a perfect experience.

This place is beautiful but unfortunately it's all about making money for their staff. They try to sell you their tours and can not understand why you chose another one. And of course they don't "get a dime by recommending these tours". As soon as they realize that they can not make with you, they do not treat you as valued costumers anymore. I tried to extend for a couple of more nights but suddently all rooms were full. Later that day I saw people (who did not have a reservation) checking in.

Sorry for the poor impression you got at Aoi Garden. We recommend tours based on the past experiences of our guests. When we hear that a guest had a poor experience with a tour, we do not recommend it further because we care about the experiences of our guests and want to be your home here.We book the beds first by the reservations, by phone, mail, and online. When people want to extend while they are here we have to first honor the reservations already made, then we can see if we have space.

Second time visiting here as I loved the place so much. Great facilities and amazing staff.

Excellent hostel! Good place to be, with a excellent staff!

Great value for money, lovely staff and good facilities. The fan cool room is really hot, so worth to pay few baths more and get an air con one! After 11 pm, usually, the owner demands a kind of curfew, because the area is residential, this was the only thing that annoyed me at Aoi Garden!

Great atmosphere, great staff - GREAT VALUE. T and the other guys can really help plan out your travels, as well. Great location - walking distance from many restaurants, bars, massage places, and the tourist sights within the Old City. Can help you get motorcycles and give you travel advice for visiting Chiang Rai and points up north.

We had a great stay here. The bed were very comfy and the garden area to sit it is beautiful. We stayed in a fan only room which did get very hot but was cool enough to sleep on a night. There's isn't a chill out room with a TV or anything so you have to be up for socialising every night if your on your own.

Really mixed feelings about my time at Aoi Garden Home, it's a nice enough place, but I had just done a week's volunteering at Elephant Nature Park and arrived at the hostel absolutely shattered, but when the staff heard where I'd come from their reception grew frosty and I was sat down and subjected to a lecture on how the park I'd just been to was run by a "conlady" and how foreigners didn't understand Thai traditions, and elephants needed to be hit etc. NOT what you want from a hostel!

I really liked my stay here. If you like to meet people or get some advice about booking tours this is the right place. In the 5bed dorm the beds are lined up in a row with a fan for each bed. The musli breakfast was amazing!

Loved it! Great atmosphere for chilling with other travelers.