Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Amazing staff. Extremely nice and helpful. Location wise they are in a great place.

Such a nice place. Good to meet people in the garden. Nice dorms with your own locker. Lovely staff who will help you with everything.

• 24th May 2014

Great staff and location. Unfortunately we got a room without A/C and therefore decided to move to a hotel. The Manager was nice and cancelled two nights we were originally planning to stay there without any charge. Good prices for breakfast.

Stayed here for a week during my trip to Thailand. Well located, comfortable beds and clean rooms, excellent food and a very nice garden with a chill and cozy atmosphere. But what makes this place so welcoming is the amazing, fun and friendly crew of Aoi Garden; their advice and recommendations were always helpful and they make sure you make the most of your holidays. Great place to feel relaxed and chill out while meeting tons of people. Don't hesitate to book a room here!

• 22nd May 2014

My Husband and I had a great time at Aoi Garden. The staff is amazing (Hi Thong!!) and took great care of me as I'm 5 months pregnant. They made special arrangements for our Woody's Elephant park adventure to accommodate my condition. There are great restaurants near by, and the garden is a great place to hang out and meet fellow travelers while enjoying a banana shake from the hotel's coffee shop.

• 20th May 2014

Not a good place to stay . the staf does not answer your emails. The roon without AC is totally unconfortable. Never again.

I'm sorry to hear that. We did respond to your emails regarding directions to the hostel which contradicts your comment on us not responding. We do our best for all guests to find their way here, and help plan for their activities. However, you only stayed the one night (8 hrs, less than the minimum 2 night stay), and yet you must understand that their are other guests that stay longer whom also require attention.

This is the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff are all amazing and will help you organize anything you want to do. It is also a really social place and the court yard is great for relaxing and meeting people. I liked this place so much I ended up staying here twice.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Lots of other great guests and good atmosphere for meeting people.

For the price I guess you can't expect too much.. The garden area is nice to meet new people. The breakfast is average and you have to pay extra for it. The shared bathrooms are shared between many people so sometimes you have to wait a while for the shower or toilet... I found the staff to be overall unhelpful and rather rude on one occasion stating that 'this is not a resort' after I'd asked if they had a different pillow as it was rock hard and lumpy...

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.Our breakfast are sold separately and are not part of the room rates.That is why our rooms are very cheap.There is a bathroom in each house that are all shared and we also have extra bathrooms outside.All of our pillows are the same and no one has ever complained before..so sorry the pillow do not meet your expectation . Our staff try to be helpful to all of our guests as much as possible but we can not meet every single persons standards

Friendly staff

Really good hostel. However the only thing that I saw and didn't really like was the cleanliness. The staff that was cleaning the rooms didn't change the bed linen or either the mattress of the bed after the previous guests leave. Could be a great hostel, but if there is area where you shouldn't be stingy is the cleanliness

Hi thank you for your review.All of our beds are changed after each guest check out.If no guest stay in the bed the night before.We do not change everyday.All beds have been cleaned.We have plenty of spare bed sheet and are washed regularly.As with all hostels and hotels alike we do not change the mattress for each new guest.We pride ourselves on our cleanliness.

Just awesome! Great staff, cool vibes and quiet but still close to everything.

• 15th May 2014

the best place. boyz organised everything for us and was a good dude to hang out with in the beautiful garden. easy to meet people and had a great time. clean bathrooms, good bar, the best.

Definitely the best place to stay in Chiang Mai. Super friendly staffs are welcome to help you in everything, even when you are finding a dinner place at 11:00 pm and sitting till late to help you planning your trip there. This hostel make me just feel like home with my brothers around. Great place to stay and enjoy. One tiny minor point is about the mosquitoes. As a garden place, you will be brace yourself in the battle with them. Though, its seems ok if you put your spray on.

The best hostel we have ever stayed in! Location is good as it is in the city walls. It's not right in the main streets but we found this great as it was quite at night. The atmosphere is partly what makes this hostel so great! The open garden cafe is great for meeting people and the staff, in particular bois was extremely helpful for planning our stay and genuinely great company. This hostel deserves the reputation as Chang Mai's best hostel!!

This is a wonderful place to stay with a great environment that is both peaceful and encourages meeting other travelers. My only complaint would be about a lack of air-conditioning. With only an oscillating fan, it was some nights difficult to sleep.

There are bugs in toilet (may due to the hot weather there). But the staff there are very friendly and helpful. Had a good time there.

The garden is a gorgeous place to hang out with speedy wifi and other travelers, but its the staff that really make this place amazing.

The mixed rooms only had fans, no AC. It was pretty terrible in May. The beds were tightly squeezed into the room as well. Not recommended.

Thank you for your feedback. At our hostel we provide both fan & AC dorms, which you can select when booking. Our beds are not the standard bunk beds found in most dorms but are large single beds. We choose this to ensure our guests have the best possible sleep and are comfortable. We also provide lockers so there should be ample space in between beds in each dorm. We are are sorry our hostel did not meet your expectations on your visit.

A great place to stay! Friendly staff, good vibes, fun social area/garden. If you are in Chiang Mai then you should stay here!