Aoi Garden Home Reviews

51/1 Singharaj Soi4, Sriphom, Muang, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Aoi is unbeatable in terms of the price and the quality of service you can get there. It locates in the north of Chiangmai Old City and thus it is convenient to go anywhere you want. Also, it provides a peaceful atmosphere here which helps you experience the spirit of doing nothing here in this beautiful place. Facilities are good enough, and the public area is surrounded with plants and flowers. Definitely enjoyable stay. I will stay here when I return to Chiangmai from Sukhothai.

This place is truly an oasis in the middle of the old city. Fantastic location and the hostel feels like home. Friendly staff, nice garden setting in the middle for people to hang out. I liked it so much I actually went out of my way to fit another stop to Chiang Mai just to stay there again. A great place to relax and get your bearings!

You really get what you pay for, and while I should give more credit to this hostel, I simply cannot. The hostel itself had the 'paradise' theme down, but its services and facilities lacked in any luster that comes with the word. The staff were helpful within their own means, but still meant well. The showers work 50/50 and it gets pretty hot in some of the rooms- fans only, no AC. It's a solid place; if you're looking for a place to rest your head only, this is your place.

Please read information when you want to book AC or FAN.

Good place to stay at ;)

Very nice hostel, the garden was beautiful and ideal to chill and meet people! Private rooms with a fan were perfect!

Lovely atmosphere, GREAT rooms, and excellent value.

Beautiful garden around and really friendly staff there. House is quite clean and nice. Location is north of the old city and quite near Sunday night market.

Aoi Garden Hostel is great! The owner, Aoi and her brother Boiz are beyond attentive and helpful. My sister and I unexpectedly changed our plans and Aoi and her brother helped us figure out how to get to where we were going, planned out a route for us, wrote us down instructions (in Thai so we could get help from locals), and even drove us to the bus stop- they are AMAZING! The hostel is clean (although very rustic), safe, and has a great atmosphere. Highly recommended!

They only think about money! Never go there!

The staff was very friendly, the food was good, and it was a pretty nice atmosphere overall. I was put into a tucked away back dorm room which wasn't that nice, and it was super stuffy at night, but some friends that stayed in the big dorm said their room was great. Nothing too bad about my room except it was windowless and stuffy. Bathroom was modest but also did the job. Not too much going on in that area, so walking or tuk-tuks are necessary.

I LOVE Aoi Garden. It has been my favorite hostel so far in over 7 months of travel. The staff is wonderful and Aoi goes above and beyond to make sure that everyone is happy. Comfy beds, yummy food, excellent recommendations on tours, and you just couldn't ask for better atmosphere to hang out in and meet new travelers. I made some friends there who I have continued to travel with over the past few weeks. One recommendation though, bring lots of bug spray (the lush garden attracts mosquitos)

If you will visit Chiang Mai, I will recommend Aoi Garden Home definitely. I just stayed for 3 nights, of course, rating and review is my point concern. This hostel is a little different from others I 've lived in. Except for old style house and yard , it is more like open type and free like a public place, not just a hostel. However, there is no any security thing to worry about. Maybe you dont believe we wont lock room door. Staff Boyz is very nice and always helpful, thank you so much!

Best hostel I've stayed at, Aoi and her staff are amazing. It's the whole package

• 27th Feb 2014