Aotearoa Hostel Reviews

Rua do Porto, 7 Passagem, Itacare, Brazil

Thought the place was great. Really enjoyed the pool. Chef E took me to the local market. To make my stay even nicer Chef E had a fantastic barbecue and I got to sample some of the local flavors.

• 13th Aug 2015

Make sure the room is clean (the bedsheets were terrible!) and you offer your guests what they expect. Sleeping in a dorm (even if not shared) is not a prive double deluxe ensuite.

First of all, this is a comparably bad evaluation, I admit. However, I must say that it is well-deserved because the geographical location, the cleanliness as well as the owner's appearance and behaviour are critical. The value-for-money ratio is fair - but you will not get much for your little money. The place is far away from the nice spots in Itacaré and badly managed,even though the owner is helpful. Go for a pousada in the city centre, during low season an up-front booking is not necessary.

I booked a long term stay room on the first night and I'm not leaving anytime soon. The hammocks, pool, poolside deck are so relaxing. People are friendly and helpful in the area. Chefee the on site manager will help you with anything you need. He actually saved my life after suffering from and allergic reaction he used my Epi pen and took me to the hospital. Absolute legend!!!

Great hostel, recommend it for Itacaré. It's a 10-15 min walk from town, and it's much nicer to stay there than to stay on the main street, which is a big tourist trap. Manager is friendly and helpful, and there is a nice pool. Ended up staying five nights!

Thanks Amanda! Happy travels! Chef