Aotearoa Hostel Reviews

Rua do Porto, 7 Passagem, Itacare, Brazil

First of all, this is a comparably bad evaluation, I admit. However, I must say that it is well-deserved because the geographical location, the cleanliness as well as the owner's appearance and behaviour are critical. The value-for-money ratio is fair - but you will not get much for your little money. The place is far away from the nice spots in Itacaré and badly managed,even though the owner is helpful. Go for a pousada in the city centre, during low season an up-front booking is not necessary.

I booked a long term stay room on the first night and I'm not leaving anytime soon. The hammocks, pool, poolside deck are so relaxing. People are friendly and helpful in the area. Chefee the on site manager will help you with anything you need. He actually saved my life after suffering from and allergic reaction he used my Epi pen and took me to the hospital. Absolute legend!!!

Great hostel, recommend it for Itacaré. It's a 10-15 min walk from town, and it's much nicer to stay there than to stay on the main street, which is a big tourist trap. Manager is friendly and helpful, and there is a nice pool. Ended up staying five nights!

Thanks Amanda! Happy travels! Chef