7.9
Very Good 47 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 47 Total Reviews
Aotearoa Hostel Located at Rua do Porto, 7 Passagem, , Itacare.
Brazil
Itacare Bahia Rua do Porto, 7 Passagem
79% 47
-14.2765311 -38.9995025
    Rooms available

15th Feb 2016
5.4

A fair way to walk to town Worst bed ever, despite being a 'deluxe' room

Sorry about the bed. As it states three times in description. 15 minute walk to town. If I could have brought the town to you I would have. Safe travels!! Cheers.

• Germany, Male, 25-30
10th Feb 2016

It's a great hostel. It's really quite. Perfect to relax. I hade a great time, chef gave us a lot of information . Thanks guys

Thanks brother. Come back and see us soon. Me, you, and Ali G

• Norway, Male, 31-40
2nd Feb 2016
7.4

The Hostel is kind of far from the beach and center, next to the river and forest. It was perfect for me, since I wanted to escape the Carneval all-night-loud-party music. Its more a quiet chill out place, in an authentic poor area of the city, but all very safe. The staff were nice, friendly, helpful, and very relaxed. Pool is a really nice, and overall great place, but the madrass and pillows in the room were quite dirty and smelly, would recommend some cleaning or investing in new ones...

Thanks for the feedback. We strive to keep things fresh!! We just purchased all new pillows and mattresses at your recommendation. Come back and see us and make some more delicious crepes!!!

• England, Female, 31-40
27th Jan 2016
5.7

The location isn't central but the short walk is fine. No lockers and the front gate wasn't locked at any time. The mattress I had on my bed was quite old and dirty, it also dipped in the middle so I could feel the slats underneath. No air con and the fan could not be felt so sleeping wasn't pleasant. However, Chef's helpfulness outweighs the bad points as he goes out of his way to assist more than most hostel owners. He has a heart of gold. The pool is really nice to have there.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
22nd Jan 2016

AOTEAROA hostel was great chef the manager was excellent with anything we needed to organise. We had a private room which had its own kitchen and bathroom. The place had a real home vibe as there were a few permanent residents and everybody was great. Big shoutout to all the Krew there missing ITACARE hard. Candice n Jonny

• spottygiraffe
  • England, Female, 25-30
19th Jan 2016

Had a brilliant time here, this place is ideal if you want to party or chill out by the pool or on a hammock all day. Chefee is an great host, his BBQ's are phenomenal and he has loads of insider knowledge around the area. Chefee went out of his way to help us out and we had such a good time we ended up extending - I can see why most people do! The walk to town is 10 mins away and the hostel is a nice retreat from the main strip. Couldn't recommend enough.

You two were AWESOME!!!! Please come back! Rock on!

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
3rd Jan 2016

I stayed at Ben´s Place (now Aotearoa Hostel) for 7 days. I was welcomed warmly by the straight forward manager of the place. For the whole stay he would take care of all our requests and help us with all questions to Itacare, rental places, close by sights etc. The place is a charming little oasis and on a couple of days I found it hard to get out of the hammock or the pool to explore the surrounding. Thanks for the great stay. Hope I will be back soon.

21st Dec 2015

Staff is amazing here. This hostel is good to chill, swim in the pool and enjoy the music. 15min to the center of the town but it's not far. I loved the people here.

7th Dec 2015
2.9

Hostel is quite a bit out of town. The dorms are a bit drab and have a kitchen in the same room. It's not a hostel really.