Apa Kaba Home&Stay Reviews

28, Kampung Banda Kaba, Melaka, Malaysia

Great stay! Very central, but still in a lovely, very local neighborhood. Pretty garden where you can have your (Malay and very good) breakfast and the hosts were amazing. They showed me around, explained the city's history to me and recommended me little gems of shops for my lunch on the way back. I would recommend this to everyone who wants a more authentic experience than a boring business hotel or the typical hostel party stuff.

• 1st Mar 2015

Lovely homestay with nice garden to relax

• 22nd Feb 2015

The family were very helpful and kind-offering us food and to celebrate with them for Chinese New Year. The garden is a nice reprieve from sterile hotel rooms and seeing chickens and cats made it feel very homey.

• 18th Feb 2015

We were greeted right away and shown the routes the visit major sites. The walk to the historic district takes about ten minutes and is nice. The staff provide a printed map for us. Room was a good size and clean. I wish we had more time to enjoy the cozy garden outside.

What a lovely place! I really enjoyed my time there. I loved the breakfast, always with different cookies:-) . I would choose this place always again. The staff who run the house are really really nice.

Loved the homey ambiance! The staff was nice too.He gave us tips on how to go around town.They have bike rentals for only 10MYR for the whole day.Suggesting this to friends who plan to go to Melaka.;)

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Philippines

Staff was nice and helpful. Location is in a quiet neighborhood, but one that's very close to everything else. Breakfast was convenient and ready at 8AM. Other hostel members were quiet and respectful. Showering is a bit tricky as the toilet/shower is in the same room, so it can get a bit cramped, but it was manageable. Need to be back in hostel before midnight.

great garden and very cosy and friendly athmosphere. delicious breakfast with local delights. absolute value for money. lovely owners

• 19th Jan 2015

There was a really nice relaxed family feel to this guest house. It felt like a little haven away from the noise and activity, yet not so far away that you couldn't walk to wherever you wanted. A very enjoyable stay.

Great guesthouse with a wonderful garden to sit, relax and meet other travellers. Very quite at night but close enough to all the sites in the city. Very good (local) breakfast, with different things to try every morning as well as toast, jam and fresh fruit.

• 9th Jan 2015

This hostel is unique with chinese ornaments inside. Also they provided local-taste breakfast.

worth much more than what you pay!!! Even include a nice breakfast, surprising!

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • China

Really enjoyed our stay here. Such a lovely little guest house, very homie atmosphere. Free breakfast which was actually great, toast with simple spread and hot beverage, PLUS local brekkie which variated every morning, everything from local fruit and sweets. It's quite hard to find, and we have a great offline map on our phone but could still not locate it, plus the directions given per email arn't great. But the management met up with us after a quick call, simply great! Good location too

Good services and stay again at this place when travel to Melaka because the location is grea

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Apa Kaba is a humble but charming place very close to the touristic area of Melaka at a walking distance but far enough for a quiet night. The facilities are very very basic but its corresponds with the price. The person in charge is very helpful and nice and will help you to decide where to go and how in the city.

With the Garden it. Is an exzellent Location can Not bei better. The Staffel very Friendly and helpful. D.Schulz

• 11th Dec 2014

What a special place to stay .one of my favourites.Loved it and i wish i've stayed longer .Go on and hire bikes from the guesthouse and dare to ride around the town - it's fun as hell . Guesthouse for all types of travelers.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS FAB PLACE TO EVERYONE .THE LOCATION IS PERFECT ONLY SHORT WALK FROM THE OLD TOWN BUT THE PLACE IS QUIET AND TRANQUIL .TRAVELERS OF ALL AGES COME HERE AS THEY FEEL HERE AT HOME.the people who run this place are so lovely and helpful . It's safe and secure.I will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Melaka .

Quite place, great breakfast with traditional dishes. Need a little struggle at first to find the hostel but I really like the sorrounding area, just like at home. Malacca tourism spots can be reached within 10 minutes walk.

• 23rd Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

This place was a calm, relaxing oasis. I loved being in a real, local neighborhood instead of a tourist complex. The staff was so friendly, I even met family members, which added to the comfortable, home feeling. They were all kind and helpful. I also loved the outdoor hang out area. Apa Kaba is a short walk away from the main sight-seeing points. It was nice to be off the beaten path. I like walking and had no trouble seeing the whole town on foot. For me, this guest home was perfect!

← Back to search results