Apartment Sonja Reviews

Trierska 5, Pula, Croatia

Really loved staying in this hostel - Alexander made us feel very at home and his dad drove us to the bus station! Would stay there again!

Very kind and helpful reception!

We stayed in this hostel for 7 days and we loved our stay there. The host is very friendly and cleans the facilities every day. If you have any question, you can ask him right away! We stayed in the Blue room, which was large and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, and we only had to share with one other room. The hostel only has three rooms, so there is a lot of privacy. Perfect for couples. Pula is a touristic city, quite small, but there are buses every 20 minutes to the beaches!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

Very good hostel with great owners. It was comfortable, quiet, lovely and the location is great ! If we have the chance to come back to Pula, we'll definitly come back in Apartment Sonja !

Very good place to stay ! Lovely room with AC, everything we need in bathroom and kitchen. Andrea wo welcome us was very friendly. He gave us great tips to eat and to bath, we even could have bikes. They also have a pick up service to the airport and they always did their best to arrange us. The location is perfect. We are really happy to have spent a night here and we definitely recommend this place :)

Sonja, Milan, and Andrea are all wonderful people who were so hospitable to me during my stay! The hostel is a bit hard to find so if you can, look up the directions and print them out when you have Internet access. Andrea was happy to explain all the good beaches to me and even helped me do my laundry, and Milan drove me to my next hostel and to the airport! Awesome people, great stay.

+ Milo was so nice, he picked us up at the bus station in his car and drove us to the hostel. Later, he gave us very detailed information about Pula. +Location is pretty good +Good value +Wish we had spent more time here!

Very good staff, big rooms and clean bathroom.

We stayed for two nights before and after a boat trip. The hostel is located centrally in the heart of Pula. The staff is very helpful and welcoming. Just arriving there feels a bit like coming home :) We also booked the airport pick up (15€ for round trip) and Milan, the warden, gave us a full introduction to Pula :) Although not new, the facilities are perfectly clean. I would totally recommend this hostel and stay there again, anytime. Thanks Milan and Aleksandar!

• 29th May 2014

I had a fantastic time here. The bedroom I had was really comfortable, nicely furnished and immaculately clean. The apartment is in a good location in the town centre, within walking distance of all the main sights. The owner is very helpful and accomodating, and goes out of his way to make sure your stay in Pula goes well. He even gave me a lift to the bus station when I was leaving, and made sure that I got on the right bus! A brilliant place to stay.

The father of Aleksander is a perfect host, very friendly, informative and helped me with sightseeing my routing for my next stop. Apartment very Central

• 22nd May 2014
  • Belgium

We really enjoyed our stay here. The owner was very informative and helpful as he has lived there all his life. He goes above and beyond in order to make your stay there very comfortable and enjoyable. We definitely recommend staying here and would love it if we had the opportunity to stay again in the near future :)

• 12th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Excellent! So many thanks to Milan for the very warm welcome, the help with the parking and the precious sightseeing tips. The pizzaria and the bakery also were perfect :) ... everything we needed was available - and having free maps and stuff at hand was also a great help. The appartement was nicely furnished, the beds very comfortable; kitchen, sitting room and bathroom were well equipped and breakfast on the terrace in the sunshine was a great start in a nice weekend :)

The owner was super nice and very helpful. The hostel is in a great location. It is very close to the city center, but it is on a quiet street.

• 26th Apr 2014

We really enjoyed are stay in this hostel! If you're traveling around, this place is perfect! All the facilities are there, it's right in the centre of the town (don't take too much time for this town though..). Only one downside: we stayed in the Blue Room which is on the street side and there were loud sounds every night. Bring ear plugs :)

I definitely recommend accommodation in Hostel Sonja!!! Clean rooms and bathroom, nice facilities, they have all what you need, shampoo, hair dryer, coffee, oil, suggar, salt, tea..you can book this place hosts are great..

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Croatia

Aleksandar and his father Milan are incredibly welcoming and friendly hosts. While I never met Aleksandar, he was very easy and helpful to communicate with with. Milan ensured that we had everything we could possibly need, and was incredibly kind, welcoming, and generous. The room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable, the bathroom were equally so, the kitchen was fully equipped, and there is a lovely spot to eat breakfast in the morning sunshine. The location was also excellent.

• 19th Apr 2014

Aleksander's father is very helpfull and likes to give good informations on Pula and places to go, to eat ...

• 19th Apr 2014

What a lovely place to stay! Milan and his entire family were so accommodating. Thanks to them my mother and I were able to experience Pula in a way we would have been unable to do ourselves. The bedroom we stayed in was immaculate, the bed was very comfortable, and the bathroom was spotless and cleaned everyday. I highly recommend this place for anyone traveling through the area, and I am exceedingly grateful for the hospitality and kindness I experienced from everyone at Hostel Sonja.

• 15th Apr 2014

Milan was superb throughout our stay in Croatia. He helped us to plan our trip when we arrived, and even drove us to a nearby town so we could get the boat to Brijuni (highly recommended) for free! The (blue) room was large and clean, the beds were comfortable. A superb hostel/apartment, and it truly made our stay in Pula.

• 15th Apr 2014