Ape Latina Reviews

Via Angelo Poliziano, 27, Rome, Italy

Perfect place to stay in a Rome city break. The owner was the best host and you really feel like home in Ape Latina. Super clean, well decorated and well located. Perfect for couples or small friend groups. Can't find anything wrong to say about this place!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Location good. price good.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • South Korea

This was the best hostel I ever stayed in, and I stayed in a lot of hostels. Hosts were so nice and helpful with parking, recommendations, route planning.... Rooms were clean and spacious. Bathroom clean. Location is great, we didn't have to use the car at all. Wireless worked perfect. Nothing bad to say. :) greetings!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Croatia

We really loved the place, it felt like home!It is quiet, clean and comfortable and it is just 8 minutes away from the Colosseo and 10-15 min. from the Termini, really easy to find.Francesca, the owner, speaks English fluently and gives you a lot of valuable information about where to go, where to eat e.t.c..No matter how much I tried I couldn't find anything negative to comment on.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Greece

Thanks a lot !!

This place has amazing energy- Lovingly decorated by the proprietor, Francesca, who made me feel totally at home. I can tell she is a cool lady- and one I'd like to be friends with! The room was spotlessly clean, bed was very comfortable, free fruit, croissants, tea in the kitchen, free shampoo and soap...... it was lovely. I was sad to leave!

• 26th Feb 2014

I had to put BAD reviews, but I hope Francesca will change and will become more punctual, attentive and she will take her work more seriously. Might be she is nice and only in our case she was... Anyway good Bed and Breakfast, excellent location.

This small guesthouse is one of the best I have been . Perfect located, clean and very friendly staff ! Highly recommended

• 18th Feb 2014

Francesca was super friendly and gave us a lot of great recommendations about nearby restaurants. B&B was clean and comfortable. Location is great - it's a 10min walk from Coloseum. I would defintely recommend this B&B to everyone!

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Poland

PROS: location, staff, atmosphere (if you are not looking for a place to meet tons of people but just a nice, relaxing and comfortable place to stay at), free breakfast, excellent traveling tips from Francesca (the hostel owner), value for money, free wi fi and cleanliness. CONS: none! I would definitely recommend it!

Thank you so much Alejandro !!!

More a private appartment than a hostel, this place was a great choice. The owner is really friendly and she gives really good local tips. The place was clean, quiet and comfortable, just what you need if you come to Rome to enjoy your holidays. Absolutely recommended!

Andrea, the owner, was very helpful with our problem. When we got to our room BB was not available for problems and were relocated elsewhere. The manager, Francesca, made ​​us wait several times for her and did not give us an adequate explanation. We lost 2 mornings waiting for her to solve the problem and if it was not Andrea, we would be without room. Limited complimentary breakfast. No kitchen for cooking. Good location, 15 min walking to the Coliseum and Termini station.

Guys everybody spent a beautiful weekend except you. The rooms are ready at 12 in every hotel or similar in the world. Thank you anyway

Francesca is a great host! She is very friendly and provided us recommendations on where to visit and where to get good gelato. Location of the hostel is great.. Colosseum could be reached by foot within 10 minutes. There are great restaurants around the area and a metro just 5 minutes walk away to get to other places such as the Vatican.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Wow Sheryl thank you !!!

The only inconvinient that we found was that there wasn't enough hot water for 5 people, each morning we took showers and with luck only 2 or 3 of us could shower in hot water. Also the power went down 2 or 3 times a day. Other than that the apartment was incredible, very clean and well decorated, amazing view of the Coliseum, totaly wort the money!

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Guatemala

It is a small home style hostel. No staff keep stay there. If you book, remmember to email them your arrival time. I didn't.... so I wait besides their door for more than 30min.

It is like a 10-minute-walk to "Vittorio Emanuelle II" metro station and maybe a 15-minute-walk to the Coliseum and other mainly attractions. The owner is the best! She treat us like we were her kids and made us feel like home when we were there in Christmas time. We didn't use much of their facilities but our room was really good and clean. They have a small kitchen. Make sure you found the hostel in a map before start walking because is kind of hidden (no proper sign).

Thank you so much Eduardo thank you ! By the way, te Coliseum is really at 5 - 6 minutes walking from here...

I had booked two beds (my girlfriend and I) at Ape Latina but two days before our arrival in Rome, I got an email saying that due to renovation in the hostel, we wouldn't be able to stay there,so Andrea, who manages the place, offered us a double room in a B&B he recently opened, for the same price…we get so lucky cause the place we stayed is so cool and beautiful! I think it is called "Feel at home", and that`s how we felt…the place is close to the Vatican and is the perfect choice 4 couples!

Thank you so Much Bernardo !!!

Highly recommended it is like being at home, very cosy and clean and we walked everywhere! Franchesca hospitality and easygoingness made it a warm feeling around. Enjoy it!

A very dissent place if you just look for someplace to sleep in. The room is convenient but the breakfast is poor. It took us some time to find it since there is no sign so you better call before you get there and speak with the owner.

You were 4 hours late . Next time just say sorry . About the poor breakfast guys, we don't serve staffed chiken for breakfast . Next time go to the Grand Hotel please .

Nice clean tidy room. Host excellent English and very helpful recommendations. Good location - very close to main attractions and Termini Station. Breakfast was disappointing

But you waked up at 2pm !!

View all Rome Bed and Breakfasts