Apinelo Hostel Reviews

Ulica Sv. Petra Starog 42, Split, Croatia

I have stayed in many hostels in the past few years and I feel that Apinelo is one of the best. Hostel is clean, with all the facilities you'd want in excellent location, but the best thing is the welcome you receive on arrival. The receptionist, whose name I stupidly forgot, is energetic young lady with adorable personality, full of useful information and very eager to help. We have only spent a day in Split, and her recommendations on best beaches and restaurants were very useful.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were all really friendly and went out of their way to accommodate me. Great location - close to town but on a side street so it was easy to sleep at night, plus the beds were really comfortable. Huge lockers in each room to store your stuff, they even provide the lock and key. Super clean and great showers. Definitely recommend this place. Thanks for a great stay!

The staff were always very friendly an pd willing to assist you with any problem or query you have, and on arrival recommend some sights and restaurants (and beaches). And they offer services to book tours, or suggest tours, or places to go. Bathroom could be an issue in the morn is, as everyone generally gets up around the same time, but otherwise it's fine. Only wish they had la common area of sorts, so for people travelling alone it is easier to meet other travellers other than in their room

• 27th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

We stayed in a private double room and felt like we were in a hotel. It's all new and clean. Bathroom is spacious and the kitchen provided is super useful. It's 5 min walk from the city centre and 10 from the beach. Would definitely recommend it!

Amazing staff, who were and even did washing for us. Location was unbelievable and facilities provided kept us busy for our stay. Thank you

Everything you want in a hostel. I never fill these things in but this hostel is brilliant.

Good wifi and TV Friendly staff Nice small hostel environment Could benefit from more showers

• 20th Jun 2015

My husband and I chose to stay at hostels and AirBnBs while on our honeymoon because we wanted a bulk of our money to go towards dining out and activities. We knew we wouldn't be spending too much time in our lodging accommodations. That being said, Apinelo Hostel was very accommodating for the price. It was clean and simple and exactly what I was hoping for. Two recommendations: offer receipts with payment and reserved parking for guests with vehicles.

• 17th Jun 2015

I could not recommend this hostel more. I had a single private room and it was perfect. It's a close walk to everything but very quiet and the owner made sure that The air con was set up and I was comfortable and new my surroundings as a single female traveler hostels can sometimes be daunting but if I went back to Dubrovnik I would only stay here

• 17th Jun 2015

Really lovely room, not huge but very clean, very comfortable and a huge bed. Hot water in the shower was a bit temperamental - would be great if this could be fixed for future guests? But overall had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend! The staff were always really helpful and friendly, thanks for a lovely stay! :)

great staff, very friendly. the room was clean and the facilities were great

• 15th Jun 2015

Had a really great stay here, location is ideal and it's on this lovely street which has 2 very good restaurants. Split is a great city and it's right on your doorstep in this hostel!

• 11th Jun 2015

Very good location and very clean place, great place to stay there

We only stayed for one night since we were going out to Vis, so cant say much about facilities and atmosphere. We arrived pretty late and were afraid that the reception might close, but the hostel helped us to arrange airport transfer and promised someone would be waiting if we were running late. The staff working there were really nice! The only complaint we have was that the airfreshener in the apartment smelled a little to much, if you have allergies it could be a problem.

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

A very good stay in Split! It was slightly too humid in the room but with the A/C it helped a little! Otherwise, we really had a good time there! The staff and the location were awesome!

Great place to stay, close to the bus, ferry terminals and a supermarket. Also close to Diocletian's Palace. Staff are friendly and extremely helpful. Rooms were clean with plenty of space - would stay again

A small but very well equipped hostel which is a ten minute walk from the ferry/bus station. Very clean and organized.

• 7th Jun 2015

Really near to the center. Nice staff - Marta. I felt theres no atmosphere in the kitchen. its too little. a little bit caotic when theres more than 2 people in it. not for long stays.

I had a great stay at Apinelo; I like that the hostel is a little out of the city centre as it gives an opportunity to see more of the city, away from the touristy area. Rooms were clean; washrooms were great and staff was always helpful! Would stay here again for sure.

Such a nice hostel. Feels like staying in a flat. The staff were really amazing and fun. We needed beach towels and she let us borrow them for free! And when we got back she said to just let her wash them and we could get new ones tomorrow. Also the cleanest hostel I've stayed in and close to the Riva and old town.. You won't regret staying here.