Apinelo Hostel Reviews

Ulica Sv. Petra Starog 42, Split, Croatia

the place we stayed at was another location. People put that it is a hostel when in fact we got sent over to someone else's private rooms.

• 29th Jul 2015

It is extremely convenient for port. The town beach is close by as is the old town. The staff were extremely friendly n helpful.

This place was awesome, great location, staff where really nice and helpful, will definitely stay here again!!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Everything was great - aircon was amazing in the bedrooms and beds very comfy. Not too far from the beach and the centre but was quite difficult to find when we arrived. Cleaners were amazing, the girl at the desk was very friendly but didn't seem to take notice of guests, we arrived and she thought we had been there all day so we weren't very welcomed. Overall though we were very happy. Kitchen needs an over and a freezer, not great if you are planning on eating in. Thank you for a great stay.

Wasn't actually staying at the hostel, were taken to another apartment nearby organised by them. However the staff were friendly and the room was clean and spacious, not exactly in the centre of town but close to the port and bus station.

We stayed in an apartment, which was very nice except for the hot water in the shower running out very quickly. It was in a perfect location, close to botht he old town and the beach, not far from the train station and next door to a grocery store. The apartment iself was very modern and comfortable, I would stay there again in a heart beat! Perfect place in Split.

Reception person was great, super helpful!! Room was reasonably priced, perfectly clean and in an awesome location. Wish I would have spent more time in split!

So amazing. What a great hostel. Very central, 2 minute walk from the port, 5 minute walk from the beach, supermarkets all within 1 minute walk. It is very relaxed, reasonably quiet, which is what we wanted. The staff were great, and were helpful when needed! Wifi was sometimes a bit slow, but I would definitely come back!

The hostel was very clean and in a great location. No complaints!

The staff at the hostel made the experience for me. They were so welcoming and happy to assist wherever they could. They allowed me to stay during the day after I checked out whilst I waited for my flight and I was still able to use their kitchen facilities and luggage area. The rooms were very clean and spacious and every guest is provided with a large locker to themselves so I felt very secure with all my belongings. Will definitely recommend!

• 4th Jul 2015

Stayed in a private room (with the disco ball) close to the city center. No complaints except the woman at the desk was rude on our last day. We were told in the morning we would have access to the wifi, restrooms, etc. in the main hostel after we checked out but the afternoon girl was not helpful at all (actually kind of mean). After an entire day at Krka, it would have been nice to freshen up there but instead we had to pay to use a public restroom.

Hi. We are really shocked to hear this because we always allow our guests to leave the luggage and use the bathroom even after they are checked out. We are really sorry about this incident and we will deal with this problem immediately. Once again we are really sorry and thank you for staying with us. Kind Regards

I have stayed in many hostels in the past few years and I feel that Apinelo is one of the best. Hostel is clean, with all the facilities you'd want in excellent location, but the best thing is the welcome you receive on arrival. The receptionist, whose name I stupidly forgot, is energetic young lady with adorable personality, full of useful information and very eager to help. We have only spent a day in Split, and her recommendations on best beaches and restaurants were very useful.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Really enjoyed this hostel. The staff were all really friendly and went out of their way to accommodate me. Great location - close to town but on a side street so it was easy to sleep at night, plus the beds were really comfortable. Huge lockers in each room to store your stuff, they even provide the lock and key. Super clean and great showers. Definitely recommend this place. Thanks for a great stay!

The staff were always very friendly an pd willing to assist you with any problem or query you have, and on arrival recommend some sights and restaurants (and beaches). And they offer services to book tours, or suggest tours, or places to go. Bathroom could be an issue in the morn is, as everyone generally gets up around the same time, but otherwise it's fine. Only wish they had la common area of sorts, so for people travelling alone it is easier to meet other travellers other than in their room

• 27th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Comfortable and modern accommodation in good central location. We had our own PC with internet which was useful for making bookings online. Staff were very helpful explaining what to see and do.

We stayed in a private double room and felt like we were in a hotel. It's all new and clean. Bathroom is spacious and the kitchen provided is super useful. It's 5 min walk from the city centre and 10 from the beach. Would definitely recommend it!

Amazing staff, who were and even did washing for us. Location was unbelievable and facilities provided kept us busy for our stay. Thank you

Everything you want in a hostel. I never fill these things in but this hostel is brilliant.

Good wifi and TV Friendly staff Nice small hostel environment Could benefit from more showers

• 20th Jun 2015

My husband and I chose to stay at hostels and AirBnBs while on our honeymoon because we wanted a bulk of our money to go towards dining out and activities. We knew we wouldn't be spending too much time in our lodging accommodations. That being said, Apinelo Hostel was very accommodating for the price. It was clean and simple and exactly what I was hoping for. Two recommendations: offer receipts with payment and reserved parking for guests with vehicles.

• 17th Jun 2015