Apollo Bay Backpackers Lodge Reviews

23 Pascoe st Apollo Bay, Apollo Bay, Australia

Overall experience was an average as poor hospitality. Facilities were limited. We stayed at the 4-bed dorm and the beds were pretty old and discomfort. The owner was not friendly and not helpful too. Luckily we only put a night stayed. So, we checked out early in the morning right after our breakfast.

The owner is the one of the rudest people I have ever come across in my entire life.He is one of those people that is so miserable he has to make everyone else miserable around him.My booking was for 1:30pm I called at 12:30pm as a courtesy that I would be late he rudely told me I couldn't check in until 3:30pm.I got there at 4:15pm.There was a sign on the door back 6pm and when I called & text no answer. At checkin he was rude unapologetic & unwelcoming Not the place if u want courteous service

My friends and I arrived on the 11th, because we actually planned to stay there on the 11th, and I made the booking on wrong date, but the staff charged us for one extra night, very dishonest people.

Whilst this hostel was well located and adequate for one night, our main complaints are with the only employee we saw, who we assume was the owner. When we arrived at 3:30pm we were not in his diary, and had to convince him we had a booking. When he found it on his system we were rudely told the room wasn't ready & was a larger dorm than we booked, as though it was our fault. There was no apology and the room wasn't even clean when were eventually allowed in. We would not recommend this hostel.

The room smells bad. and the manager is not very patience.

Very relaxed atmosphere and a very relaxed owner:) nice common area, breakfast and wifi included