Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Reviews

32 Bank Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, Philadelphia, USA

Great hostel in the best location! Don't be put off by the 16 bed dorm as it doesn't feel like 16 in a room. Staff were really a bonus as they were so helpful and friendly. Each night has a theme including free beer and free meals which is a good way to meet others. The only downside for me was not the best shower and bunk beds a little creaky which are tiny tiny things. Definitely recommend!

Everything went as expected. There was one female staff member working in the overnight hours that did not seem particularly friendly, but otherwise it was a good experience.

• 19th Oct 2013

The temperature in the dormitory was a little hot and uncomfortable.

The hostel has all the resources you will need as a tourist. The staff is super friendly and will help you with ideas for places to see or how to get to them. The location is also prime and very close to many historical buildings. There are lockers available for your valuables and the roommates were respectful.

It was clean and facilities were good. Especially, I loved movie night. I could meet some people at that night and drink beer! Mostly, good. Nothing was specially bad.

There's only one thing that went wrong and that was the check-in. We had to pay more then what we were told from the booking on hostelworld. I found it quite expensive for a room where stayed more then 20 people. But it was much better then other hostels i stayed in!

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay! The rates you received are exactly what are quoted by Hostelworld. In the US tax is not included in the price. Municipal tax laws do not allow us to include tax in the price on 3rd-party websites and this is clearly mentioned on Hostelworld. The city of Philadelphia does not allow for small 4 or 6-bed dorm rooms like you see in some other cities, but we have very spacious rooms and many guests have said that they're more comfortable then typical 6-bed dorms

Amazing staff, clean, fun and perfect.

• 8th Oct 2013
  • American Samoa

The staff are great - really friendly and helpful, which adds to the atmosphere in the hostel. Free events going on every night for the guests. The locations is great - plenty of bars right around the corner and your spoilt for choice in regards to places to eat.

Everything was great.!!

This hostle with its experiences were unforgottable! The staff were the best i've ever seen! very helpful and friendly. The different specials for every day/ night were the best way to meet and connect to other people/ locals.

Very friendly staff and very helpful but probably not enough of them on - they seemed a little overworked but it didn't seem to bother them as they were all great. Plenty of nightly activities if you wanted to meet people. Free wifi throughout the hostel.

By Walking you can go almost everywhere from the hostel. Friendly reception, clean sheets, pub crawl is definitely good fun with the hostel. Just around a corner an affortable breakfast.

Clean and welcoming! Would stay again.

I was in great need when I arrived at this hostel and I was so happy that they could accommodate me with a bed in the female dorm. It is a pretty basic standard hostel but I thought the price was a bit too much to stay there very long... The staff was extremely friendly though, especially the guy who was sitting at the desk. Showers and everything are ok, and you get free beer sometimes. No breakfast included in room fee.

I would say that security could be a little tighter. Not that I felt unsafe or anything, but I could see why somebody might. Staff was fantastic, rooms were a bit of a challenge to get to, but we will definitely be staying here again. More than anything, the location is fantastic. My husband and I walked everywhere--we used the metro maybe 5 times total in 2 days (2 of those trips taking us to and from New Jersey).

• 13th Sep 2013

I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay! As with everything we do, we take our guests' security very seriously, and it's top notch. First, we're located in Philadelphia's safest neighbourhood, (one of the reasons why over 60% of the residents on our street are female). We have a 24 hour reception desk and everyone has to pass by it to enter. The doors that lead to the rooms have security codes that are changed every day, and we have free lockers and security cameras throughout the building.

The hostel staff- especially Tim and Bradley, were wonderful! We stayed for one night but extended to two nights as it was such a nice environment to be in. We went on the pub crawl and were greeted with free drinks in the hostel, which was wonderful! They got everyone talking and made us feel safe, secure and at home. The facilities were fantastic as well, though the wifi could be a bit rocky there was two of everything in the kitchen and a wide screen tv! Would recommend to anyone!

Had an absolutely brilliant stay, the staff were chatty and friendly and very helpful with any questions we had. The facilities were extremely good and the evening acrivities helped create an enjoyable atmosphere. Would definitely return :)

• 2nd Sep 2013

Apple Hostel was amazing! Me and a friend are traveling after working at a camp and stayed at the hostel, we had the best 3 days and nights there!! Would highly recommend it, the staff are awesome and make it really easy to make friends if you want to et involved in the night activities. The hostel is in Old Town just a few blocks away from Liberty Bell, we walked everywhere. REALLY CAN'T BIG THIS HOSTEL UP ENOUGH!! A MUST STAY.

• 2nd Sep 2013

The apple hostel was so much fun, very clean, lovely lay out and very homely. I loved my stay and wish I could have had longer. It is the best hostel if ever stayed in. Staff where soooo nice and helpful.

No elevators and the staircase is so narrow! But the location is really good!

View all Philadelphia Hostels