Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Reviews

32 Bank Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, Philadelphia, USA

A really good hostel. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The facilities were also very good- they have hair dryer in the common bathroom, individual light lamps and sockets for every bed. It's also a very thoughtful move to set the second floor as female dorm since it's difficult for women to move their luggages up. Most importantly, there's ample space in the bedroom. You won't be squeezing with anyone.

• 24th Dec 2013
  • Singapore

Excellent excellent excellent hostel. Great atmosphere, super clean, free things almost every day ranging from free tours to free dinners. (which was delicious) Lovely staff, one helped me find a hairdresser. The lights off policy to be honest was a god send, it got rid of that whole awkward 'when can i turn the light off without pissing people off?' scenario and was at a reasonable time of 11pm PLUS they had torches and bedside lamps so you could still see.

Hostel has a great atmosphere and wonderful staff. It's in a brilliant location too, right in the heart of the city, and within easy walking distance of lots of touristy sights, as well as bars and restaurants.

It is by far THE BEST HOSTEL I have ever stayed at! Cleanliness, atmosphere, staff friendliness, location - all top notch! I stayed 1 night in a private room and 2 nights in a dorm. In a dorm every bed has a little lamp attached to it so that you can continue reading etc. without bothering anyone else. EVERY evening there would be some event aimed at integrating people in a common room/kitchen, i.e. pasta night, cheese&wine tasting, watching a movie. I WILL DEFINITELY stay there again! :))))

one of best hostels i ever went to... really great staff and great place

Amazing things about this place- location, staff (all so helpful and lovely!), security, cleanliness, and they have control of the lights (off 11pm-10am). Not so great- the breakfast was a bit lacking and the rooms are huge, which make the price you're paying not feel like very good value. But the pros outweigh the cons easily so I would definitely go back!

Excellent hostel, great location, very clean, good bathrooms/kitchen and very friendly staff. Free internet access also a nice bonus. Overnight security may need reviewing however, as I did visit the bathroom in the middle of one night only to find what looked like a homeless man sleeping in the corridor! Would stay here again.

Thanks for the nice review! Just to let you know, that wasn't a homeless person. The night you're referring to was when we had our pub crawl. The gentleman in question was out with us and when he got back at about 3 am along with a few other guests, he felt as though he was going to throw up (a few too many drinks I guess) and decided to stay in the hallway by the bathroom so as not to bother anyone in the dorm room. Nice guy, but I would agree with you - not the most "stylish" I would say.

i was made very well staff were very helpfull and i felt secure

Staying at Apple Hostels in Philadelphia was a wonderful and enjoyable experience; I would definitely stay there again if I am in the area.

• 21st Nov 2013

Near the Indipendent park, in an old building without elevator, offers a lot of activities and a nice kitchen. But in the male dorm there are 24 beds and 18 lockers, there are many people who use electronic devices during the night and lights are switch off between 11pm-10 am. Overpriced, offers cereals friday-sunday, coffee all long the day.

Great place to stay and make friends...I recommend this place 100% :D

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Mexico

Really nice hostel, very friendly and helpful staff. The location was right next to the historic park and was a great place to stay. Only minor criticism is that the room was quite open and while curtain dividers were used in the room if one person had a reading light on it illuminated the whole dorm. Ultimately a very minor complaint and would stay there again happily.

Truly a super cool place. Clean, friendly and close to the historic sites.

This hostel is the best! Amazing and helpful staff, great rooms (16 bed dorm) and very clean. On saturday and sunday free crawl breakfast. The hostel is located about 10 min by walk to the centerbut buses/subway are 2 min away. Every day are events organized from the hostel.

Great location and extremly nice and helpful staff! They have daily events in the evening, that are really nice and creat a welcoming atmosphere. Only negative point to mention is the extremly big femal dorm (around 30 beds in one room, only seperated by a wall that splits the room in two sections). That means a lot of movement and noise as well as a lack of fresh air.

Very fresh and nice hostel! The staff is extremely friendly and the rooms are great. I would totally recommend this hostel and go back there on my next trip to Philli!

The staff is super friendly and helpful, the place is very clean and quiet (but there's also fun stuff to do at nights if one wants to), it's right in the center (a couple of blocks from the liberty bell). If you go to Philly choose it, it's worth it!

• 5th Nov 2013

First, the bed and pillow were not covered with sheet while in other hostels, they were all covered, and What I only have to do was to take them off when I leave. This will be more convenient. Second, The location was hard to find, there should be signals in the outside of the alley.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed in your stay with us! Our goal is to make everyone as happy as possible while at our hostel. There are a few reasons that we don't make up the dorm beds, the main one being that in a dorm situation if beds are made up in advance as some hostels do, you have no way of knowing if some other guest used that bed for a while and then switched to a different bed. We find that thought really gross and therefore hand fresh clean sheets to each of our guests.

I had a brilliant time staying at apple hostels. The staff were super nice and made me feel welcome throughout my stay. The evening events were great too as they encouraged socialization and if nothing else gave me, a solo traveller, something to do every night. If I'm every back in Philadelphia I know where I'll be staying and I would highly recommend the hostel to anyone who was heading to Philly. Thanks for a great stay. x x

It was my first time ever in a hostel and I l've almost fallen in love. The place is very clean and silent and the staff extremely helpful. The metro station is very close and you can go anywhere in Philly. I've been there just for one night as I needed a place after a concert, but I would recommend this place to everyone!

• 22nd Oct 2013