Apple Hostels of Philadelphia Reviews

32 Bank Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106, Philadelphia, USA

Auberge très sympa. Une super cuisine, grande et équipée. Parfaitement bien placée. Seul petit reproche : on entend facilement le bruit des chambres. Sinon, auberge parfaite !

It is a nice hostel very well located and with very friendly staff. The bathrooms were clean and the bed comfortable enough. There were only two issues. First there were so many stairs to go to the room and second the bedroom was very hot all the time and we we weren't allowed to open the windows.

Bradley is a legend.

• 6th Apr 2015

Too many People in one room.

• 28th Mar 2015

Muy buena ubicación , tranquilo y limpio

I really like it! It is very clean. I was needing a place where I could concentrate and stay calm I quiet, once I went to Philly to do a exam. And I found it. Otherwise, if you are on vacation and is planning to know different people and cultures it worth as well. Every evening the staff organizes a event, like free dinner or a movie and free beer. It is a very good idea and fun for everyone.

• 2nd Mar 2015

The two staff members I encountered were extraordinary! Both of the guys were friendly, helpful, and never tired or bored of answering the same questions about the city time and again. The key-code entrances are a wonderful idea (I live in South Korea and that's how most things are locked...so I'm glad to see the US doing the same!) This hostel is in a great location for walking the city and easy to get to and from the airport. Such a great stay! Thanks!

• 18th Feb 2015

Pro- ideal location in old city. Bars literally down the street and chic brunch restaurants around the corner. Liberty bell less than a 10 minute walk away. An hour walk to the museum area but plenty of stops to make the walk enjoyable. Con- Walls are thin we were on the second floor and heard the occasional hand dryer in the lobby restroom go off but no biggie. Free Breakfast is nothing speical

Really good location and very clean hostel. They do a good breakfast at weekends, and have fun activities in the evenings. Big thanks to Bradley on reception for lots of recommendations for things to do/places to eat. Also he has an excellent beard.

The Haunted Ghost Tour was funny and cheap so it was amazing !

• 7th Feb 2015

Das Hostel ist ganz ok. Die Mitarbeiter sind sehr hilfsbereit und geben auch coole Tips. Allerdings gibt es nur am Wochenende ein gratis Frühstück, welches aus Cerealien besteht.

The guy who was working on Thursday and Friday night was fantastic. Very friendly, approachable, and extremely helpful. Also, the events that you put on are great because they serve as excellent icebreakers. One thing you might want to look at is how you divide up beds. It might make sense to try and put people who are leaving early in one spot and people staying late in another. That way those that are leaving early can get things done with some light and those staying late can sleep.

• 15th Jan 2015

A very home-like hostel, beautifully decorated; very well located, most places of interest in Philadelphia are a walking distance. Also... Free beers every night!!!!!! There are movie nights and you can enjoy the movie with free beers. The kitchen is very nice and fully equipped; doors are opened with a code, not with card/key; sometimes they have pasta nights and cool nightly ghost tours. The subway station is around the corner; the staff is really friendly. I enjoyed very much my stay here :-)

Excellent hostel, this guy Bradley hes a cool guy always pushing up, no matter if its cold out there like it was when i was there (it was about -23ºC). The hostel its very comfortable, good showers and beds. I had a good and relaxing time there.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Manu_Chevy
  • Argentina

I very much enjoyed my stay. The staff was super-friendly and helpful, everything was very clean, and the location in the old city was nice (make sure to check out the used book store on 2nd street). My only issue is one that really can't be blamed on the staff or the hostel at all... there's a lot of panhandling going on on Market street and I did not always feel too comfortable when walking back to the hostel late in the night.

• 27th Dec 2014

bruit de ventilation énorme dans la pièce, sinon tout impeccable merci

This is not the place to meet people. No one is social. Lights out at 11pm and too many people per dorm (16) makes it hard to meet people. Fantastic kitchen very well equipped. Great location right in the old town with all the touristy stuff.

I'm sorry that you had a hard time meeting people at the hostel. I don't know why you didn't choose to go along on the Ghost Tour or join us in our lounge afterwards for free beer. Everyone had a great time mingling and quite a few of our guests went out later to the bars together while quite a few others just continued their conversations at the hostel. Everyone had a great time. I've never had someone say that large dorms make it hard to meet people, it's actually quite the opposite.

The staff were amazing. New all the best places to go and even suggested some more local sites to visit, not just where tourists will be. The tours that were given was exceptional as a solo traveller it gave me opportunities to meet other backpackers. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

staff was very friendly and would help with anything I asked

This place is very secure, clean and well located. I will stay there again as soon as i go back to Philadelphia.

View all Philadelphia Hostels