Apple Lodge Reviews

46 Heigham Road, East Ham, London, England

This is not a hostel! The room was canceled just a few hours before the check-in! We had already flown to london and had no place to sleep!

• 11th Jul 2013
  • Austria

Is one of the best place ever stayed during my visit to London.

• 27th Jun 2013
  • British Virgin Islands

The area is nice, lots of restaurants & shops and really ethnically diverse. The property's close to the tube station and cheap. However there is no staff and it's impossible to make contact, 1 bathroom between 10+ people, rooms aren't clean & the bathroom looks like a mould convention. This hostel is 1 of a group and we were moved to a house in a neighbouring street. They have no signs, nameplates or anything and the staff member failed to give us a receipt or our change. DON'T GO THERE

• 14th Jun 2013

The security could be strengthen a bit more, by knowing who and where someone stays in the house as people walk in and out, without knowing if they belong to the stay of the house. It would be also appreciate to make a note on your micro-site that the owner shall be called up before reaching the property rather waiting in the rain (lucky we did not stood in the rain). As also new visitors who arrive ring the door bell (even during the night), and never aware if genuine travelers.

Comfortable bed in a very nicely decorated furnished room, it was very nice and clean. The place was secure with us having our own key. There was a kitchen with good cooking facilities and dining area. The stuff was extremely helpful & answering all our question about tourist sites. The Tube and bus service was very close from the Guest house, and lots of restaurant and take away is near by. The Internet was very fast, we felt very safe, even coming back late at night. Good value for money.

When arrived there in the evening there was a phone number on the door for us to phone for the owner to come and open the door but since we are travel with no cellphone and it is located in a residential area, we had to ask a neighbor to borrow is phone. The whole thing was very sketchy. One morning there was no hot water, the other there was no toilet paper (about 10 person could stay in this place with 2 bathrooms)... The internet worked 2 night out of 5. i would definitely NOT recommend.

They cancelled on me on my day of arrival, claiming that there were problems with health and safety in the lodge. They also said I would receive a full refund for my booking fees, but have not received anything yet.

• 9th May 2013

They cancelled my booked with only three days remind.

• 4th May 2013
  • Spain

Apple lodge is advertised at the wrong address and the pictures online don' t look a bit like what the accomodation looks like. I wouldn't recommend it , I didn' t stay and cancelled my booking with the property owners instantly.

View all London Bed and Breakfasts