Aqua Family Resort Reviews

Kanda Street, Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Nice friendly place to stay, the staff are very nice, great location, central for what you want to do,

• 22nd Mar 2014

Not a great atmosphere. This should not be listed as a hostel. Price of room is expensive compared to other hotels in the area. Staff were friendly.

This place is WEIRD. The pool is nice on a hot day, but only stay here if there's absolutely no other place available, especially if you're looking to meet people. It's definitely not a backpacker place at all. It's also located down a very dark street with NO lights at night. The room is a decent size and the staff is friendly enough, but overall the clientele is a bit sketchy.

very good, big beds and excellent location and stuff. thanx to them

Clean room, hot shower, 5 min walk to the city center but nothing special and a bit expensive

We felt the staff weren't very friendly here and we didn't get a warm welcome. Our room was located right next to the pool/reception area and despite signs being up saying to be quiet late at night and early in the morning the staff themselves were making a lot of noise at these times. Our room had a strong smell of damp. Cheaper, better accommodation nearby.

Nice hotel but do not expect it as an Hostel atmosphere, or fun place..

Me and my three 20 year old girlfriends stayed at the hotel for 6 nights. The other people who stayed at the hostel were sad, middle aged men who brought their young, hot Cambodian girlfriends. Even though the thought of those men makes me shiver they were nice (most of them) and it actually felt like me and my girlfriends were there alone most of the time! Close to the beach and "city" but still not too close!

Nice hostel with loads of leaflets on what to do in Sihanoukville, the pool is a good size and great to hang out by, the breakfast is different from the standard fare you get in Cambodia and Vietnam it's American themed so expect thick American pancakes not crepes and a whole bowl of muesli with fresh milk instead of the tiny sprinkling you get everywhere else. The bar, seating and reception area all have a roof over but there are 2 walls and no doors which makes everything nice and open.

Loved the value for money, didn't eat food so no comment, but bar was fine. Pool is good for an evening cool down, but could be cleaner. Rooms are big, airy and clean. All the facilities they supply work and the bathroom is ample. Wifi okay/good.

This place is a hotel, not a hostel. It is a bit more expensive, but you get some hotel features like wifi in rooms and toiletries. Not a bad place, just expensive for a backpacker.

The location is good if you want quiet, but it is also only a 5 minute walk either to Ocheteaul beach or Serendipity Road (the main strip). The staff are friendly and care about your safety (while walking me to my room, the receptionist warned me about the usual bag-grabbing, taking only what you need, etc) and the food is EXCELLENT. Bob is the owner, he is very accommodating and flexible, and I believe he is the cook. Expect delicious British cooking, the best Ive had in Cambodia (in 7 weeks)!

• 18th Oct 2013

I got food poisoning from your eggs. It took me off work for 3 days. The staff are lovey and the location is good. xx

• 4th Oct 2013

Well, My friend and I didn't like the place when we arrived because we didn't get a good vibe from it. It's located in a street which is close to town but that feels a little scary because it is not lighted at all. They told me I've booked with booking, so I had to pay another 2$ cause I didn't want to make a fuss when I was clealy right. The room was good but we found a better one the day after and we paid less than half so there are better choices than this place.

Lovely friendly staff who were always happy to help. Location slightly out of the way but walking distance of the main strip, nice and quiet though if that's what you prefer. Nice clean pool which is well maintained. Rooms nice and clean and cleaned daily.

Breakfast was not included even though it said so on hostelworld.

It's an oke hotel, the time i was there, there were a lot of old man with young cambodian women, I think it were hookers. So if you don't mind then the hotel is fine. It has a pool and the staff is nice. Not too far away from the main street, although the street of the hotel doesn't feel very safe at night, because there no lights! So don't walk there alone!

Very hospitable and accomodating. When we arrived, heavy rains had damaged a gutter, so water had leaked into our room. They moved us quicky and efficiently to another, larger room with no extra charge. Bar staff was friendly, but occasionally hard to locate, and the food was very simple but tasty. Overall, would recommend!

Great Location. Very close to the main streets of Sihanoukville! Walkable in 5 minutes to great food, bars, beaches. Price of rooms are okay - quite high for the area, but for a/c, private bathroom, TV, swimming pool I guess it's what you pay! Restaurant/Food area isn't great for atmosphere, but is easy and convenient in the mornings when hung over! The place is very clean and tidy, even make your room each day and provide towels.

I loved it!