Aquarius Backpackers Byron Bay Reviews

16 Lawson St, Byron Bay, Australia

Plenty of room in nice big dorm with balcony, outdoor seating and clean ensuite bathroom.On site bar was nice with good value meals and drinks but it sometimes lacked a bit of atmosphere (probably due to it not being in season yet) and closed at 10 rather than the advertised 12 which was disapointing. Activities going on every night and generally a good vibe so would reccomend.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Wales

This was the best hostel I've stayed in. The people were friendly, the $5 meals every night were fantastic, the dorms were beautifully laid out and very spacious, and the beach was just minutes away. I had a great time in Byron and a lot of that was to do with this amazing place!

Awesome place to stay! Great vibe, everyone was really friendly. Great deals on food and drinks, lots of activities always going on and so close to everything! Definitely the place to stay in Byron!

A lovely hostel in the heart of Byron Bay and very close to the beach. The people were great, friendly stuff and a family atmosphere. Very big rooms and a big kitchen with everything you need. The hostel bar is also a good place to have some drinks and meet the people from the hostel. Would always go back to this hostel!

• 22nd Aug 2014

It's annoying when you get out in a room with staff members as you don't make any friends as they stay together. They should have rooms for staff members and non staff members.

They made a mistake with our room but gave us our own 8 bed dorm to make up for it. It was a little noisy but it was Saturday night. Overall it was value for money and a good place to stay. Location was excellent. They do have a weird policy on Australians in dorms, so I recommend ringing and checking before committing.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Really enjoyed this hostel, some cool long termers in the room, good bar downstairs (won a scuba diving course) would definitely return

Went from byron bay to port Douglas and out of all the hostels I stayed at this was my favorite. Really fun bar nights and great meal deals. Staff was friendly and awsome at giving information. Picked me up right from the bus stop and made it a breeze. I planned two nights and stayed four.

• 6th Jul 2014

This hostel is very well situated with good facilities. There is an awesome buzz around the place and the kitchen area is great. One criticism is that you have to pay for the WIFI. We just thought that for the price you pay per night that WIFI should be a standard free amenity! Would however return to stay here on our next visit to Byron Bay!!

great place to stay! fantastic location in the heart of byron. i loved the bar

The hostel was pretty good although my room was quite messy because some of the other guests left their stuff everywhere. The reception was closed when I checked out but thankfully the staff refunded my key deposit when I posted back the key.

The 10 dorm is too cramped, there was no space to put everyone's bags in the floor or anywhere else. Security is an issue as any outsider could come through the car park and get into any room as they don't have locks. The food they have everynight is good for only 5 dollars.

ehostel in a great Location!l i loved the hammocks and the body bords you can hire for free... the kitchen could be better equipped but was ok! the atmosphere in the hostel was wonderfull The bathrooms in the rooms could be cleaner ... dont think they cleaned it everyday!

Clean the place! Rooms were kinda filthy and beds were like lying on iron. If there are ensuite bathrooms you need to clean them also daily... Further it was ok, more party place for those who like that and good bar/restaurant next to it for breakfast n lunch!

Someone told me I HAD to go to this hostel. But I disagree. I've stayed in a lot of hostels & the actual hostel is lovely but it's the worst I've ever stayed in for atmosphere & meeting people. As soon as I arrived I got nothing but unfriendly vibes. The staff were short & didn't seem bothered or friendly. Felt like an inconvenience. Tried to make eye contact or smile at people to try & make friends but no one was interested. It's like people go there to be UNSOCIABLE. didn't enjoy myself at all

I'm both happy with and disappointed with the hostel. I think the hostel itself is okay, but the service was TERRIBLE! I didn't feel much welcome and every question I asked was answered in a rude way and without any understanding at all. How can I as a guest know how many bookings they have to manage every day or why some people can check in earlier than others??? I DO EXPECT TO FEEL WELCOME EVEN IF IT'S CHEAP, BUT SADLY I DIDN'T- not coming back...

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Norway

Domestic traveler forget his hostel as they discriminate by requiring an international passport to check-in. The lady at check-in was very unsympathetic that I'd be stranded without accommodation during the peak season. International travelers, if you're hoping to meet Australians at this hostel, forget it since they refuse to accept domestic guests. Anyway, there are other better rated hostels to choose from in Byron Bay and I highly recommend Byron Bay YHA or Cape Byron YHA!

Clean and fun! Staff can be more service minded, seemed like they were too busy to smile. Other than that, big dorms, nice bathrooms and good entertainment every night! Will definitely stay there again (already stayed there twice)!