Aquarius Backpackers Byron Bay Reviews

16 Lawson St, Byron Bay, Australia

Had a great stay here. Room was large with a great bathroom. The bar is lovely and serve great food, the $4 dinner is also worth the money! Only grumble would be the reception staff (not all of them) but they could do with smiling once in a while. Not the friendliest or most helpful bunch.

One of the worse hostels I have ever stayed at. First, everything there is extra, you have to pay 20 DOLLARS deposit for terrible cutlery, 2 dollars for internet A DAY, etc etc. Then, in my room the fan was almost falling down and I had to move rooms and the staff didn't even wanted to change it. When I tried to take my deposit key back (20 dollars) the staff said that in the computers I had already taken my deposit back (wtf?) what was completely unlikely. Staff very rude.

Great hostel, loads of friendly people, plenty of space and very chilled atmosphere.

Great Hostel, more like a hotel! Very clean although showers could do with an upgrade! I loved the box of cutlery hire it was a great way to ensure everyone has what they need and the kitchen facilities where great! Loads of places to hang around, only downside is the loudness of the bar ruins the TV Room!

Would stay elsewhere in Byron. Most people work in the hostel and the bar isn't very good.

I had a fantastic time here, although it wasn't peak season the hostel always had things on, and cheap meal nights which is a bonus.

Awesome place. Friendly staff and you feel safe and secure and it has always cheap meal deals and drinks.

• 30th Jul 2015

Loved how close to the beach it was and all the events they had at night! Very fun atmosphere!

Lady at reception when we first checked in was very moody and wasn't very helpful. She just told us we can check in "whenever the room is ready". Other travellers using the hostel don't clean up after themselves and leave pans and soggy omelettes in the sink. Other than this the place was ok.

Great hostel, staff were friendly and place was well equipped also the bar is very cheap. Activities on every night and a perfect place to meet people if that is what you are looking for.

Average plus hostel in a good location. Would be cleaner but facilities were good. You get cheaper prices at cafe nearby and in the evening there are food and drinks with good prices at the hostel.

Great place to meet people if travelling alone. Bar very good value although some of the bar staff were really strict. No shots, downing drinks or playing drinking games..... Great location. Would stay here again

That was a nice place but more of a motel than a hostel. The kitchen was just horrible and annoying that you need to get your own cutlery. The dorm was quite cool though and he staff just did their job

Cracking hostel, cracking people. Just great

Thanks for the cracking review!! We are glad to hear you really enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you back here again someday!

Pretty cool hostel, centrally located. Front desk staff pretty cold most of the time. But it is good for a few nights.

Thanks for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed the hostel. We have noted your comments about the front desk staff and will take that onboard. Thanks for staying with us!

Really enjoyed my stay and would recommend to anyone.

Thanks for your lovely review! We appreciate you taking the time to write us such a nice review, thanks for staying with us!

Was only there for 2 days but I had a rad time

Thanks for your great review! We hope to see you back here again someday!

Excellent atmosphere, great bar with cheap drinks and events every night until about 11. Location is ideal, everywhere is walkable, no shuttle services required. People mark them down for security because nobody bothers to lock the dorms but they have lockers so I didn't care. Great staff!