Aquarius Backpackers Byron Bay Reviews

16 Lawson St, Byron Bay, Australia

privat room was in the dorm. very weird!

Great atmosphere. Every day there's a different activity which make easier to make friends!

I cannot comment on the dorms; however, I got a private room with my girlfriend and we were really disappointed!! The private rooms are not really private, but a small room within the dorm that you can only access that way! Definetly not worth the higher price!

Aquarius was not bad and not great, I had a six bed dorm with ensuite bathroom and a balcony. The dorm also had a private room in it which was a bot different. The room was very messy. I stayed there for two nights and only basic cleaning was done.

Party music at night, lotsa partying people, good for younger partyanimals. Had bad luck with dorm and we had poor access to fan and didn't sleep much first night because it was too hot upstairs. Have to pay if you want wifi.

Nice big rooms, clean big baths. Great common aerea, good combo bar/dining

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Norway

I definitely recommended coming to this hostel, the facilities are great and they have something going on every night and gives you a chance to get to know more people. The kitchen is nice and big, they also have cheap dinner specials every night with your choice of drink! And I can't thank Chris and everyone else working there for finding my lost passport. Chris went out of his way to get it to the post office in time so I was able to make my flight! Unreal staff!

Everything there is close to perfection, really enjoyed my stay, but you should chance your reception girl. She laughs nice, but when you turn around she shows how much she hates her job. But other than this its an awesome hostel

Good atmosphere, too many people sharing one bathroom, long queues for the shower in the morning and dirty bathroom

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

This place was more like a motel than a hostel, but there was nothing wrong with it. It was a nice place to stay, kitchen was huge which was great, it was clean. Its was only a minute walk to the middle of town and to the beach, great location!

Had a big possum in my room. Funny with activities on the evenings. Easy to meet people!

Stayed here for two nights in a 10 bed dorm, absolutely loved the hostel. Really clean, great facilities and close to the beach (everywhere in Byron is). Best thing about this hostel was the rooms which were lovely and big and the roof top hammocks. Staff weren't as involved in the 'hostel life' as some other places I've stayed but that's just the way the place is run. Overall a really good place to stay and would recommend.

First person in reception was very helpful. The second was so rude and mouthy. Couldn't find hardly any kitchen equipment besides frying pans (plates etc for hire in recept.). Booked what we thought was a private private room but it was just a bed through a door off the dorm room.

The staff was very friendly and helpful