Aquarius Backpackers Byron Bay Reviews

16 Lawson St, Byron Bay, Australia

I would say the one complaint I have is how the sliding doors to the room arent locked. I was in the all girl dorm so one side it had the locked door but the other side a open sliding door. I locked my valuables away but I didn't like the idea of random people walking in the room. Also the cleanliness was a bit disappointing, especially in the bathroom. the floor was constantly black

Terribly loud. Walls are paper thin. Overpriced. You won't get much sleep. Staff were rude.

Plenty of room in nice big dorm with balcony, outdoor seating and clean ensuite bathroom.On site bar was nice with good value meals and drinks but it sometimes lacked a bit of atmosphere (probably due to it not being in season yet) and closed at 10 rather than the advertised 12 which was disapointing. Activities going on every night and generally a good vibe so would reccomend.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Wales

This was the best hostel I've stayed in. The people were friendly, the $5 meals every night were fantastic, the dorms were beautifully laid out and very spacious, and the beach was just minutes away. I had a great time in Byron and a lot of that was to do with this amazing place!

Awesome place to stay! Great vibe, everyone was really friendly. Great deals on food and drinks, lots of activities always going on and so close to everything! Definitely the place to stay in Byron!

A lovely hostel in the heart of Byron Bay and very close to the beach. The people were great, friendly stuff and a family atmosphere. Very big rooms and a big kitchen with everything you need. The hostel bar is also a good place to have some drinks and meet the people from the hostel. Would always go back to this hostel!

• 22nd Aug 2014

It's annoying when you get out in a room with staff members as you don't make any friends as they stay together. They should have rooms for staff members and non staff members.

They made a mistake with our room but gave us our own 8 bed dorm to make up for it. It was a little noisy but it was Saturday night. Overall it was value for money and a good place to stay. Location was excellent. They do have a weird policy on Australians in dorms, so I recommend ringing and checking before committing.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Really enjoyed this hostel, some cool long termers in the room, good bar downstairs (won a scuba diving course) would definitely return

Went from byron bay to port Douglas and out of all the hostels I stayed at this was my favorite. Really fun bar nights and great meal deals. Staff was friendly and awsome at giving information. Picked me up right from the bus stop and made it a breeze. I planned two nights and stayed four.

• 6th Jul 2014

This hostel is very well situated with good facilities. There is an awesome buzz around the place and the kitchen area is great. One criticism is that you have to pay for the WIFI. We just thought that for the price you pay per night that WIFI should be a standard free amenity! Would however return to stay here on our next visit to Byron Bay!!

great place to stay! fantastic location in the heart of byron. i loved the bar