Arab Tower Hotel (Burj al Arab) Reviews

Amman, Al Hashmi Street, Amman, Jordan

Good atmosphere,kindly staff,good location

Excellent staff who are very helpful from where to get something to eat to short-cuts to Citadel. The place is very accessible to souvenir shops, money exchange, sugar cane and shawarma shops.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Philippines

Better to improve the cleanliness in the dormitory, and have some lockers.

The hostel is well-situated - 10 minutes walk to Citadel and 20 minutes walk to Rainbow Street. Thamim is very helpful in introducing good places to visit and nice restaurants. Be prepared to hear some noise at night though, as it's in the downtown area which can be quite busy even after 11pm.

I thought that based on the great reviews on this site, we would have chosen a very decent place. We checked in and reserved a taxi the next morning. Everything was fine until we saw a large cockroach in our room and mold on the water bottles in our fridge. The next morning (we had an early flight), we couldn't take a shower since they were replacing the water system during Ramadan. Needless to say, had they told us this, we would have stayed at another hotel. Would not recommend this place.

This hotel is an excellent choice for a budget travel. The owner and the staff are great, they do all they can to help you and provide advise in what to see in the city or how to organize your vacation. The rooms are very clean, breakfast is very good in their restaurant with a fabulous view.

• 13th Jun 2015

This hotel was a very good choice! The staff were very friendly and knowledgable about city and tours. The rooms were basic but comfortable. We are happy we chose to stay here. We would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Amman.

Great for a real friendly Jordanian experience. Friendliest staff in Jordan!! Brilliant rooftop.

• 28th May 2015
  • Scotland

The hotel Its very Well situaded at The City center, The staf was Great, the rooftop have the best view of the city, I book for two, and stay 4 days.The breadfast its not included but is good buffet. The problem for me,..they have not wifi at room, only at the rooftop.

I am a single female traveller and was very happy with my stay in the shared dorm. Prices are more than reasonable, the cafe on the top floor has some of the best views of downtown Amman, and the location (between the Roman theatre and the Husseini mosque) is central and perfect for market shopping. Tamim and Momen are welcoming and extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Feel free to go without itinerary. Under some renovations during my stay, but they were not major.

• 1st May 2015

very nice service and staffs. great location with major attractions nearby. Clean room and cozy environment.

Great place to stay in Amman. I stayed here twice when I was in Jordan and had a great experience. The staff were really friendly and helpful, location was the best and food was decent.

Only one combined toilet/bathroom for dorm. If you need to leave early in the morning to the airport, this might become a problem, if someone else showers too long. I found it weird that one staff was sleeping in the 4-bed-dorm, which had 6 beds. Male-dorm is in the basement. It's a bit annoying that the bar in the seventh floor (great view) has no toilet and I had to go to the basement/dorm to pee. Some staffers were extemely helpful/friendly, others weren't at all ... Still great value/money.

The staff are amazing! Especially the young guy who works there, Tarim, is soooo patient with explaining how things work, what there is to do in and outside Amman and really makes sure you got everything you need! He set me up with a translator and driver for my work, and always checked in with me to make sure I have everything I need! Location super convenient to get anywhere (walk to the cafes & restaurants at Rainbow/Mango street) and I as a woman alone felt safe walking home at 10 or 11 pm.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Austria

I am very happy with my stay, the rooms were clean and the staff was kind and helpful. Good location in the city center.

• 17th Mar 2015