Arabesque Hotel Reviews

11 Ramses Street, Cairo, Egypt

The stay at this hotel was good. What made it exceptional was the staff, youssef especially. On my last day at the hostel I needed to book an internal flight and a cruise along the Nile. I mentioned this in passing to youssef and within and hour the flight and cruise were booked and a driver was waiting to take me to the airport. Perfect...

• 5th Aug 2015

Nice place to stay. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean, spaceious and well equiped (fridge,clean aircon, bathroom, wifi available in room..).

Youssef (the owner) is great! His English is exceptional, has a great personality, and he always goes above and beyond to help. The location really can't be beat. Literally a 5 minute walk from the Egyptian museum and makes for easy access to central amenities. Breakfast is adequate. My room was definitely not clean. The sheets were not changed. Soap was not new, shelves were dusty and shower was dirty. For the 3 nights I stayed I slept in my clothes on top of the blankets.

• 24th Jul 2015

I couldn't have done Egyot without the Arabesque. It was my home base for all my travels throughout the country! I arrived with a very vague idea of what I really wanted to do and see in Egypt. But after discussing my interests and tentative plans with Yousef, we were able to put together a very affordable and well-spread agenda for my time in Egypt. Cairo became my starting and stopping point for the entire trip, directly as a function of how safe and friendly he and his colleagues were to me.

Location and breakfast (though simple) was good, but rooms not that great and hard to find with no street signage.

Pro's- good location close to museum, shopping and the Nile. Great with coordinating excursions, polite English speaking staff Neutral- impossible to find had to ask a local on the street to walk me to it.... directions are poor. No signs out front. Those could be improved. Loud traffic but that will be anywhere you stay in the city. Not a social scene hostel. But quiet. Cons- had 20€ go missing from my bag.

Staff are very helpful

• 16th Jun 2015

I stayed at the Arabesque for 13 nights. Having stayed at another Cairo budget hostel I can say that the Arabesque was far better value for money. I was given a large room with two double beds and lots of space left over. There was a modern TV, air con and hot water that was always hot. By Egyptian standards it was quite clean. The only real negative was all of the smokers in the common area.

Excellent hostel is a perfect location to see Cairo. Museums very close as is the Nile, Metro...The Free Airport pick-up is incredible plus its needed as the Hostel would be impossible to find otherwise. There are no signs for the hotel inside of outside the building plus u need a lift card to get to 6th Floor. Otherwise Yousef and wife were amazing! wealth of knowledge and v.helpful. Rooms were great. Across the road is local buses and Go Bus station too. We highly recommend Arabesque!! Thanks

within sight of the egyptian museum; make sure to ask for a room on theopposite side of the building fron the street, which is pretty quiet for downtown Cairo; good suggestions for sights and with daytrips