Arabesque Hotel Reviews

11 Ramses Street, Cairo, Egypt

It's a bit hard to find if you don't know where you have to look. And there wern't many other tourist or backpackers which is a general problem about egpt right now. But the rooms are clean and the hotel is in a very good location. Staff was very welcoming and friendly even gave us half price of one night because we arrived in the middle of the night.

• 10th Sep 2015

When drawn to Cairo, you best be prepared for lots. I know I was and my every gratitude I sincerely present to Youseff; the hostel's GM. He made my stay so much more pleasant than initially anticipated. In many respects, Youseff went out of his way to make sure I had every piece of information I necessitated -- Included his expertise in securing a tour to Giza -- Sakkara and my visit to Old Cairo. The location to the hostel could not be in the least challenged. Thank you Youseff! and team. :)

The stay at this hotel was good. What made it exceptional was the staff, youssef especially. On my last day at the hostel I needed to book an internal flight and a cruise along the Nile. I mentioned this in passing to youssef and within and hour the flight and cruise were booked and a driver was waiting to take me to the airport. Perfect...

Nice place to stay. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was very clean, spaceious and well equiped (fridge,clean aircon, bathroom, wifi available in room..).

Youssef (the owner) is great! His English is exceptional, has a great personality, and he always goes above and beyond to help. The location really can't be beat. Literally a 5 minute walk from the Egyptian museum and makes for easy access to central amenities. Breakfast is adequate. My room was definitely not clean. The sheets were not changed. Soap was not new, shelves were dusty and shower was dirty. For the 3 nights I stayed I slept in my clothes on top of the blankets.

• 24th Jul 2015

I couldn't have done Egyot without the Arabesque. It was my home base for all my travels throughout the country! I arrived with a very vague idea of what I really wanted to do and see in Egypt. But after discussing my interests and tentative plans with Yousef, we were able to put together a very affordable and well-spread agenda for my time in Egypt. Cairo became my starting and stopping point for the entire trip, directly as a function of how safe and friendly he and his colleagues were to me.

Location and breakfast (though simple) was good, but rooms not that great and hard to find with no street signage.

Pro's- good location close to museum, shopping and the Nile. Great with coordinating excursions, polite English speaking staff Neutral- impossible to find had to ask a local on the street to walk me to it.... directions are poor. No signs out front. Those could be improved. Loud traffic but that will be anywhere you stay in the city. Not a social scene hostel. But quiet. Cons- had 20€ go missing from my bag.

Staff are very helpful