Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille Reviews

Glencolmcille, County Donegal, Donegal, Ireland

Really lovely stay, with warm friendly staff and great facilities. The location is perfect to explore the South West of Donegal with the iconic Slieve League cliffs just a short drive away.

Really good staff, friendly, really good spot, right next to the ocean, we've got a lift from the hostel to the pub, that was complementary from the staff. I wish I could live closer to this place then I could go there more ofter, especially for the cheap price!

• 20th Jun 2015

It was a very pleasant stay. Both of us really enjoyed our time together in Ghlean Cholm Cille. We spent 2 nights and it was lovely. The hostel near to the sea and great views to the Slieve League Cliffs, which was a fantastic trip as well. We definitely recommend Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille hotel.

• 12th Jun 2015

I stayed in this B&B one night but I wish I could have stayed more!! Simply perfect, I couldn't have asked for more!

Nice relaxing hostel with a large well supplied kitchen. Great place to make a meal and drink wine by the fire. Only suggestion would be to have hand soap and hand towels in the bathroom.

Unreal hospitality. Lovely family running the place - beautiful double bed for us, so much space to sprawl out. It seems unfair to associate this beautiful place with the word hostel but it is very economical so that bit makes sense. Could not have been happier to spend the extra €5 each on homemade breakfast. Those sausages taste like they are made with love. Really appreciated the laundry help for only €5. Very relaxed atmosphere and cozy. We felt like we were visiting an aunt and uncle!!

• 27th May 2015

Absolutely loved staying here. The owners were lovely and kind. I was sad that I couldn't stay longer. Everyone should stay here.

• 22nd May 2015

Good place with friendly and helpful staff....building just a bit tired having been well used.

Aras glean chola cille hostel in Donegal was very welcoming and felt like home. An excellent base to discover a beautiful part of Donegal. Our hill walking group enjoyed the atmosphere and the facilities provided by the owners.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Fabulous big place and really friendly staff! Not in the main town centre however the guys here offer free transfers basically any time you need so it was really fantastic! Rooms were big and clean - only problem is the amount of guests sharing a bathroom - this really needs sorting or at least just putting in a toilet separate to the shower room.

Great hostel in a fantastic location, right in the middle of the Donegal Gaeltacht. The owner is super friendly and even drives his guests to the pub. Nice spacious kitchen, big common area and nice rooms. Much recommended stay.

Really enjoyed my stay, it provides everything, you could ask for in a warm, relaxed atmosphere.

Great hostel, great location, relaxed atmosphere.

My 1st time staying in a hostel