Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille Reviews

Glencolmcille, County Donegal, Donegal, Ireland

I had a very good stay in this hostel. There is everything that you need, also a big kitchen that you can use. A beautiful place for visit the Donegal.

Excellent hospitality and comfort, a great choice if you want to explore Sleeve League or The Rosses.

• 1st Aug 2015

What a welcoming and well looked after hostel. We were treated well and the rooms were big and clean! Great location and amazing value for money. Worth a stay.

• 27th Jul 2015

The shower was a nightmare. Barely any water came out, I definitely couldn't wash my hair. The wifi in the room didn't work so great. The plugs were far away from the bed, so that was a bit awkward when charging my phone. It was really nice to have a single room at the same price as most other dorm rooms. And the hot breakfast, although an extra charge, was quite a step up from other places. The area is absolutely stunning and a bit off the beaten path.

Very nice place!! Great price for getting a private room and bathroom. They gave me drives to the village, which was very sweet and the breakfast is delicious! Great stay!

Excellent,Friendly' The owner Paul was really helpful. Clean tidy rooms with fabulous views and a very nice communal well equipped with everything needed. Unbelievable value. Thank you for one of the best breaks ever. We never stayed in a hostel before and were apprehensive, but need not have been. It was very busy and everybody was enjoying themselves.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Loved staying here. Location is surrounded by stunning beauty in every direction. The hosts, Paul and Sharon were always available when needed. Having a hot breakfast each morning helped me to start my plans early each day. Having my own room and bathroom made this the best value of all the places I have stayed in 5 weeks of travel over two trips.

This is the best place in Ireland to stay if you want a great staff, exquisite scenery, your own room and bathroom at an affordable price. I would love to stay for a month instead of just five nights.

When everybody is saying "very nice staff", I say for this "extremely nice staff" :-). We were arriving very late in the night and we could not find the hostel in the dark so lady came all the way with her jeep to pick us up in the center of village. She explained in detail everything, offered help for sightseeing and any other question. The breakfast was self service, big and tasty. Room and bathroom was clean and spacious. Location superb - right in the fields. Overall excellent value/money.

Really lovely stay, with warm friendly staff and great facilities. The location is perfect to explore the South West of Donegal with the iconic Slieve League cliffs just a short drive away.

Really good staff, friendly, really good spot, right next to the ocean, we've got a lift from the hostel to the pub, that was complementary from the staff. I wish I could live closer to this place then I could go there more ofter, especially for the cheap price!

It was a very pleasant stay. Both of us really enjoyed our time together in Ghlean Cholm Cille. We spent 2 nights and it was lovely. The hostel near to the sea and great views to the Slieve League Cliffs, which was a fantastic trip as well. We definitely recommend Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille hotel.

• 12th Jun 2015

I stayed in this B&B one night but I wish I could have stayed more!! Simply perfect, I couldn't have asked for more!

Nice relaxing hostel with a large well supplied kitchen. Great place to make a meal and drink wine by the fire. Only suggestion would be to have hand soap and hand towels in the bathroom.

Unreal hospitality. Lovely family running the place - beautiful double bed for us, so much space to sprawl out. It seems unfair to associate this beautiful place with the word hostel but it is very economical so that bit makes sense. Could not have been happier to spend the extra €5 each on homemade breakfast. Those sausages taste like they are made with love. Really appreciated the laundry help for only €5. Very relaxed atmosphere and cozy. We felt like we were visiting an aunt and uncle!!

• 27th May 2015

Absolutely loved staying here. The owners were lovely and kind. I was sad that I couldn't stay longer. Everyone should stay here.

• 22nd May 2015

Good place with friendly and helpful staff....building just a bit tired having been well used.

Aras glean chola cille hostel in Donegal was very welcoming and felt like home. An excellent base to discover a beautiful part of Donegal. Our hill walking group enjoyed the atmosphere and the facilities provided by the owners.

• 2nd May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Fabulous big place and really friendly staff! Not in the main town centre however the guys here offer free transfers basically any time you need so it was really fantastic! Rooms were big and clean - only problem is the amount of guests sharing a bathroom - this really needs sorting or at least just putting in a toilet separate to the shower room.

Great hostel in a fantastic location, right in the middle of the Donegal Gaeltacht. The owner is super friendly and even drives his guests to the pub. Nice spacious kitchen, big common area and nice rooms. Much recommended stay.