Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille Reviews

Glencolmcille, County Donegal, Donegal, Ireland

Excellent and prehaps the best place to stay at Ghleann Cholm Cille. Nice and friendly hosts, useful advices to visit the place. Out of the village, but possible to have a drink in the pubs of the village thanks the availability of the hosts. Nice equipements, comfortable, clean and ensuite bedrooms, price very law for a B&B more than an hostel. Definitly the best B&B I've ever been.

We had an amazing time here! The hosts were absolutely lovely and the hostel beautiful. Spacious bedrooms at an extremely affordable price, a beautiful kitchen for cooking - and the hosts even provide free shuttle services ! There's a beautiful beach 4km away that I highly recommend. Most welcoming, clean, and comfortable hostel I've ever been in

I would wholeheartedly recommend a stay at this hostel. You won't find two more generous ad helpful owner/hosts anywhere in Ireland.

A beautiful location for a lovely stay at this hostel; the staff were very helpful and kind.

• 1st Aug 2014

Beautiful place,this accomodation is excellent considering this is a hostel but with family room with ensuite is a bonus and the price is cheap.The owners Paul and Sharon are very kind and very helpful and informed and give us guidance how to visit those very nice sceneries of Donegal.Kudos to them!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

My daughter and I had a magnificent time staying here! The scenery was breathtaking, the hostel was comfortable and friendly, and we just could not have asked for a better host!

An excellent place in a beautiful place with owners who could not be more helpful and welcoming.

• 30th Jun 2014

This was one of the best hostels that my friends and I stayed at while in Ireland, and unfortunately we were there for only one night. The owners were the nicest and most helpful people making our short time with them worthwhile. It was in such a gorgeous, remote area that you got the small village feel and it was incredible! The three of us came to the same conclusion that when we go back to Ireland we would definitely spend a longer time at Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille.

Loved my stay here,Paul was very kind and was very knowledgeable about the area.My room was very clean as was the bathroom and the breakfast was excellent considering it was only 5 euros.

Great for scuba divers, area to wash gear and dry. Also a great breakfast. I will be back great place close to dive site.

I cannot say enough good things about Aras Ghleann Cholm Cille. Paul and Sharon are lovely and gave me lifts to hiking sites and lots of great advice. And the location... it's absolutely spectacular. The walk into town is beautiful, and the hiking in the surrounding area is fantastic. I will definitely be coming back and staying with them again!

Nice stay, but if you have no car you need to take 3 buses from Donegal (20€) and NO hot water. But bed very confi, very nice landscape and they take you out to slieve league for free, witch is very nice!

We had an enjoyable stay at the hostel which is located in a picturesque area. Paul was very welcoming and informative about local sights. There's a large well equipped kitchen & dining area and a cosy fire in the evening.

Lovely hostel, very good location in Donegal and friendliest staff. The kitchen / living room is amazing, quite authentic. The rooms are nice and comfortable. Great Irish breakfast (if you could just add some mushrooms or non-scrambled eggs that would be perfect)

Our room was clean and the beds comfortable. The owner of the hostel very friendly and the view was amazing.

We stayed for one night in a family room and were impressed with the facilities. Will recommend to our friends and family to visit.

A really nice, clean and comfortable hostel with great atmosphere and excellent breakfast.

I spent one night in this hostel. The furniture is maybe a little bit old-fashioned, but anyway a good place to stay if you want to visit slieve league. The staff is very kind, helpful and friendly (offers shuttle service to the next pub in the village, because the hostel is a little bit outside) and my room was clean. For me everything was fine.

Everything was just perfect. Thank you :)

• 22nd Mar 2014

Aras Guesthouse was our favourite place in Ireland. Not only was the romote location beautiful but Paul the owner was the perfect host. He made us feel very welcome, told us about places we could visit on our next leg and was just general lovely. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the kitchen is well equipped. The breakfast that is available is well worth it and good. Overall a fantastic place.