Arbour Guest House Reviews

Dunollie Road, Oban, Oban, Scotland

I called up to the guesthouse to see if there was any way we could move to a smaller room because one of our party couldn't make it. I was responded to in a less than polite manner, with the staff member asking me "What my problem" was and that I was paying a good price for the room. I was dubious about this Guesthouse, due to similar reviews on TripAdvisor. When I called to cancel I dealt with the same attitude and never received my deposit refund, even though I paid for insurance.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

The shared shower was of a poor standard and it was impossible to get a hot shower, In fact it was too cold to use.

• 18th Jul 2014

A fine and simple place to stay. Nothing fancy, but does the job. We had a twin room, one bed was fantastic, the other a horrible. Also, there was a lot of hair on the ground - it could do with a vacuum.

• 11th Jul 2014

It was a great location but not much parking available if you are in a car. The guest house is actually 3 houses so there were lots of people arriving and it took a while for everyone to get checked in. The girl seeing us in was friendly and professional but rather inundated with guests! The room wasn't great and had a gritty floor and we wished we'd spent a little bit more on a smarter place with an en suite. The loo roll ran out in the communal bathroom. It wasn't really good value.

• 14th Jun 2014
  • Aruba

Beware !! Extremely non understanding when you legitimately try to cancel. Staff members send abusive text messages trying to bully you into coughing up the money for a nights stay even when you explain you are 300 miles away. Staff tell you things like it is illegal to cancel your own bank card , which I had done prior due to certain other non related circumstances. Basically staff just have no idea how to conduct theirselves in a professional manner and deal with people in a decent way.

• 9th Jun 2014

It is okay for just staying the night there but nothing more. We needed to ask everything, staff didn't give information just by themselves. But very clean!

The staff member who greeted us was extremely warm and helpful. There was a moment earlier, by phone, when we might have had to cancel due to travel problems; this wasn't taken very well! But we got there and the hostel did exactly what we needed it to do.

• 30th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

We just spent a night there. It is well located easy to find and 10 min walking from the piers. Nothing special, but nice.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Spain

I was given an incredibly small room, which had been converted from an attic space ... I'm fairly average height, but there was only an area of 1m x 1m where I could stand up straight. But hey ... I was just looking for a budget room to sleep over during a business trip, it was clean and safe, and great value for money.

• 20th May 2014