Arbour Guest House Reviews

Dunollie Road, Oban, Oban, Scotland

I called up to the guesthouse to see if there was any way we could move to a smaller room because one of our party couldn't make it. I was responded to in a less than polite manner, with the staff member asking me "What my problem" was and that I was paying a good price for the room. I was dubious about this Guesthouse, due to similar reviews on TripAdvisor. When I called to cancel I dealt with the same attitude and never received my deposit refund, even though I paid for insurance.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

Dear Sir, you should not be leaving a review as you did not actually stay with us. You did call very frequently to discuss your booking, in the end we were not able to make you understand the the room you booked was priced for 3 people and was able to sleep 4. You wanted it to sleep 3 which did not require a price adjustment. you eventually cancelled. Your deposit and insurance was paid to your booking agent, not us.

The shared shower was of a poor standard and it was impossible to get a hot shower, In fact it was too cold to use.

• 18th Jul 2014

A fine and simple place to stay. Nothing fancy, but does the job. We had a twin room, one bed was fantastic, the other a horrible. Also, there was a lot of hair on the ground - it could do with a vacuum.

• 11th Jul 2014