Arcade-Hostel Reviews

Kieler Strasse 385, Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Arcade Hostel is pretty swanky for young travelers. After a week in crowded hostel dorms, our own clean room here - with pre-made beds and shower - was exactly what we needed. They offer German breakfast: bread, meats, yogurt, coffee, tea. The location is 30 min from the city center, so if you're looking for a centrally located, bustling hostel, this isn't it; it felt a bit like a hotel. For folks who don't speak German: the desk staff speak English, but some of the other staff only know German.

I spent one night with 2 friends of mine. I first thought it was too far away, not easy to reach with public transport. But it was worth it. We had a very quiet and enjoyable stay. The hostel is located close to a main street. However, the isolation ist very good and we could not hear anything. It was also quite hot outside, but our room was cool. The beds were nicely prepared and sooo comfortable. Breakfast was very tasty. Simply our best accomodation during our holiday in the north of Germany.

I can recommend when you travel by car.

Great clean hostel with spacious rooms good wifi and hotel like service (new towels and bed lining each day) although for us it was perfect for a couple travelling it may not be the typical hostel atmosphere that some people want.

I came to Hamburg with my son (6 years old) and we stayed at the Arcade-Hostel one night. As my son said: We had slept great! The journey from the city center by S21-train and then walk took us about 30 minutes only. The staff in hostel was very helpful, our room with nice comfortable beds was clean. The hostel was quiet all the night. And we end our stay with pleasant breakfast buffet.

• 29th Jun 2015