Arcadia Hostel Reviews

Calle 11A, No. 31A-188, Las Lomas 1, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

12 bed dorm was quite cramped, however the beds were good and each one had a PowerPoint beside it and a small locker. Shower was hot. WiFi OK. Good atmosphere and very friendly staff. Good value for money. Location was OK but about a 20min walk from nearest metro station.

Excellent hostel with a fantastic atmosphere and easy to meet people, great bbq on Sundays, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

I really enjoyed my stay at arcadia hostel. i found it to be in an excellent location with super friendly staff, comfy beds and a really good atmosphere where if you want to chill you can chill but if you want to go out and party all the bars in poblado are only a stones throw away. Not to mention a fantastic all you can eat bbq on sundays. All in all i had a great experience.

• 21st Sep 2014

Staff very friendly and very welcoming. Relaxed and chilled out atmosphere. One of my favourite socks went missing whilst being washed though!

This was a great place to stay, very relaxed atmosphere where it was easy to mix with other travellers. The staff were great, very helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend it!

The website of this hostel oversells and underdelivers. The showers were not as good as I had imagined - very small, one of them had no power, and boiling hot or freezing cold. Used laundry service and it came back with one of my hiking socks missing. The receptionists were useless when I asked them about it, kept fobbing me off (telling me they would look into it and then just avoiding me!). No discount on the laundry for this! No internet and dirty, crowded kitchen.

The hoste has quite a good location in El Poblado, but there is not enough toilets and showers for all the people the hostel can accomodate - they get dirty very quickly. The basement dorm is pure punk - 4 triple bunk beds next to each other and no window, so better take one of the more expensive ones ;-) and the wifi was down the whole time we were there, so we had no chance to plan further our trip... But the crowd and atmosphere was good ;-)

My stay at Arcadia was fantastic ! I was very Impressed by the size of the dorm I stayed in named "Olympus" one of the best dorms I have stayed in my entire trip to be honest. The staff were amazing and didn't hesitate to help me out when ever I needed a tour booked or advice on places to eat,drink etc. They also hold an all you can eat Greek BBQ every sunday which is not only delicious but great because it brings the whole hostel together. Definitely staying there again !!!

• 1st Sep 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here, we were in double room and slept fine even though we were in the room closest to common areas. Staff were friendly and helpful and good atmosphere. Kitchen needs improving. BBQ on Sunday was yum.

Our room was far too noisy (but it was the only noisy room oft the Hostel), these were not enough showers/toilets for all the people,but the atmosphere of the hostel was really nice and relaxing.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Hey guys, this is Spyros, thanks for the comment. You stayed at Elisium a room with a share bathroom that is next to the cool patio.We are working to improve the sound isolation of this room, we already built a wall & soon we are gonna isolate the window as well so hopefully this will improve things.Arcadia hostel has 5 dorms & 3 privates, all the rooms are en-suite except Elisium, Andromeda (the 2 privates) & Hades (12 bed dorm) that have to share 2 toilets and 2 showers.I believe are enough..

All good. Good hostel, good people, good location. The Sunday BBQ is awesome. Beware if you're staying in the Pegasus room (private double with ensuite) that it's incredibly loud. You're next to the kitchen and close to the common area. The only time it's quiet is between around 2am and 8am, otherwise brace yourself for people talking loudly as they make breakfast and music and/or the TV blaring as loudly as possible until everyone goes to bed.

The 12-bed dorm is in the basement which is not highly recommend and the only showers are all the way up to the roof. For a short stay it's allright though!

Yaa thats why is called Hades (in Greek mythology means hell).. But its the cheapest dorm you can get in Medellin in one of the best neighborhoods (Poblado), just 5 -10 min walk form the "zona rosa" (parque Lleras), including breakfast (coffee & pancakes) & Free internet, plus the beds are big and comfy each one provided with electrical sockets & small lockers!Any time you feel you want to upgrade check out our other dorms like Olympus that has even a private balcony, en suite & spacious!

Friendly and helpful staff, delicious all you can eat barbeque on Sunday nights with a great vibe (well worth the 15,000 extra), quite a walk to the metro station but pretty close to Parque Lleras and the other El Poblado sights. Everything was a bit run down though, for example in the shower there is no hook to hang your towel, one computer wasn´t working, no printer, the wifi was patchy, and only two showers and toilets for the whole hostel. Not a bad hostel, just needs a bit of maintenance.

Thanks for your comment BUT in Arcadia hostel there are 5 dorms & 3 privates, all the rooms are en-suite meaning there are bathrooms/showers inside the dorms/rooms except Elisium, Andromeda (the 2 privates) & Hades (12 bed dorm) that have to share 2 toilets and 2 showers.I believe are enough.. The rest of the problems are already fixed!Cheers!

They could do with some new mattresses as springs were coming out. Breakfast is a complete joke, they at least need to get a decent pan if you are to make your own. Staff were friendly. Bit of a walk from metro.

Thanks for your comment its Spyros.I am gonna look for improvements as far as it concerns the mattresses and a better way to make your own pancake.Also some improvements in the kitchen..

Location wise this place is pretty good. It was really nice having easy access to the park, restaurants, bars, and clubs. My gripe is that the place tended to smell like an ashtray even all the way back in the dorm rooms. They leave everything open so all the cigarette smoke just fills the place up. Was really kinda gross. The beds are bizarre. They're covered in some kind of plastic bed cover so everyone was talking about how they must have bed wetters staying there. Not comfortable.

Hi there its Spyros, my apologies for any inconvenience.. If there is smoke coming inside the dorms that in general isn't happen you can just close the window..We have an open area so people can smoke there. I have bought an extra cover like blanket kind of so that you wont have to feel the plastic one.It should be a waterproof plastic cover (for hygienic proposes) just in case someone pie, through up or whatever so the cover will keep the mattress clean.Colombian law demand it anyway.

Amazing place to stay! Thoroughly cleaned everyday, amazing showers, comfortable beds (each with their own plug sockets - even on top bunks!) lockers, lovely staff, really great social area, awesome neighbourhood, good value. Really recommended!

This hostel has some great social areas, which makes it perfect for meeting people. It's located in a quiet area but it's really close to some great bar streets as well as Parque Lleras. The Greek BBQ on Sundays is good value and tasty! Had a really good stay here and would definitely come back!

Great hostel. Loved my stay here.

Really great hostel, friendly staff who speak great english and are always happy to help you find your way around the city. Super sociable hostel due to the set up on the communal areas, I was always able to find someone to go out and sample the Medellin nighlife of sights with. Would highly recommend.

Can't beat the price of this place. A little farther from the main area of Poblado than other hostels, but it's not a horrible walk. Great balcony to hang out on, but there is one room that shares a door with it, so that room can be noisy into the early hours.

« first « Prev 1 2 3