Arcadia Hostel Reviews

Calle 11A, No. 31A-188, Las Lomas 1, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Excellent hostel, rooms were a little warm, and i also heard that the rooms down stairs had no air flow and were very hot. I stayed in the 8 bed mixed dorm upstairs and it wasnt bad. nice common area with movies to chill out. free pancakes were a nice treat. we moved to the purple monkey after staying at Acadia for a night but when i return i will stay at Acadia. good hostel, i would recommend it.

The sheets and blankets look like they have not been washed in a very long time and the bathrooms need to be better cleaned. They are constantly wet and there is nowhere to hang a towel when showering. Besides 1 Brazilian and 1 American staff member, the rest of the staff is extremely unhelpful, condescending and rude at times. Better attitudes would go a long way when the accommodations leave much to be desired for.

• 19th Jan 2016

The staff was okay but sometimes really chaotic. It's a bit far from poblado. The dorm I stayed in was quite dirty and a bit run-down. Great greek BBQ!

I know there are better rooms in this hostel BUT the dormed room I stayed in was the most disgusting place I have ever seen so far during my travel. No window, humid, tiny room, mold on the wall and the bed was just disgusting (stains of blood)...looked like a prison, the lockers seemed to fall apart by just looking at them . Staff was OK but not helpful at all..seems like they don't care about anything. There are a lot of better hostels around there for the same price.

We arrived at 10pm to an unfriendly front desk person who told us they had overbooked. Instead of helping us find a place with such late notice, his response was just "sign here for your reservation refund." On top of that the atmosphere of the place felt like a fraternity, and we didn't see any women in the 20 minutes we spent there. Very poor service- it's not ok to respond to the situation the way they did.

Gross breakfast. The whole place stinks of cigarettes. Noisy all the time. Full of those people that just want to drink and chain smoke their lungs into oblivion. The bed was like a bed of bricks. The "breakfast" is hot lumpy pancake mixture you cook yourself on a mouldy old hot plate in a mouldy dirty kitchen.

Had a private room and had a good time. Shower was a little difficult. Good location. Walking distance to poblado like 5 minutes but away from the noise.

Decent location in the Poblado district with just about everything you would need nearby. The metro is a 15-20 minute walk. The hostel has what you would expect, including a couple of computers and a nice terrace. The music tends to be played a bit loud and a bit late into the evening. Fellow hostellers are usually hanging out smoking, drinking and talking loudly (depending on you, this might be what you're into).

Booked for 2 and stayed 10 nights. Relaxed and also up for a party

I really liked staying at Arcadia. I met some really cool travelers there. I felt safe and the staff were helpful. It was definitely a party hostel though. Music would be blaring until midnight every night but then it was quiet time and everyone respected that.

• 24th Dec 2015

A hilarious bunch of lovable ragtag staff, had the most funny and hilarious Xmas and New Years here that I will never forget.

Decent location close to a lot of nightlife.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Excellent hostal in great neighorhood if you want dorms, which I think they primarily have. Ron Kuhl

• 20th Dec 2015

It's not in the best location, staff don't really help you with anything, and I had to switch bed many times which was annoying. Breakfast included is nice, but it's too crowded and not so clean. I didn't really like this place.

hostel was in a great location..very central but at the same time quite and not so noisy. staff was very helpful and gave me great recommendations in what to do and the little bar in the terrace outside was a great way to meet fellow traveller.. dorms were spacious and daily cleaned and pancakes for breakie was an extra overall a place that i would definitely return to when again in medellin

Great hostel! The staff were very helpful, the rooms were cleanclean with comfy beds. Great atmosphere between the guests, and spacious common areas. Highlight was the greek bbq they do every sunday, not too be missed! Best value for money hostel on my trip so far - oh and pancakes for breakfast!

Love Arcadia. I ended up staying here for 3 weeks after initially booking 3 nights. It's exactly what I was looking for its chill, nice atmosphere, great social area. There are places you can get away from everyone and be by yourself which can be rare in hostels. It's not a party hostel but is very social, I made great friends there and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Alejandro is great! A great hostel to choose if you want to actually see Medellin not just at night!

Good location, close to the parque lleras (zona rosa). Very relaxed atmosphere and nice staff! And there are pancakes for breakfast :)

It was disgustingly dirty and the guy on day staff was the rudest person in america, he came barging into the room at 11.15am telling us to check out because the cleaners wanted to clean when checkout was midday. The kitchen and rooms were dirty! The worst hostel we have stayed at in south america so far!

• 18th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Got a really bad impression from the start, the staff wasn't particularly helpful and didn't show us around. Gave us an unorganized impression. The room smells and wasn't fresh. But worst of all was the customers of the hostel who was acting like little babies, in our dorm two guys were obviously pissed, throwing up all night both in the bathroom and on the floor. This is of course something the hostel itself cannot affect, but our impression is that it attracts people who are not that nice.