Arcadia Hostel Reviews

Calle 11A, No. 31A-188, Las Lomas 1, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Really enjoyed my stay there! Great atmosphere, helpful staff and location just 5 min from main square.

If there are people waiting for pancakes, I think that there should be a sign that says, 'Please limit yourself to 2 pancakes if people are waiting.' I also think there should be a dry-erase board for the pancake queue; that way no one cuts in front of you if you step away to use the bathroom or you're not sitting there for half an hour waiting for your turn.

Hi there, thanks for you comment & your recommendations.Our point of view is having you satisfied & for that we already apply a waiting list & we are investigating possible solutions for a better pancake result.

Arcadia hostel has all what a hostel needs. You can get satified there easily. The stuff was great, it was clean and I liked the do your pancakes breakfast. Be a bit creativ to make your pancakes, maybe buy some of the cheap and the delicious fruits from South America the day before if u dont wanna eat your pancake just with sugar. Oh yeah, the wifi was kinda alright. Sometimes it was a bit slow and at my room it never worked (I had the cheapiest room).

• 5th Dec 2014

A good hostel realtively close to all amenities but a bit far from the metro. Good casual space but zero parking available

Stayed in the 12 bed dorm and it was fine. Close to the metro and a good neighbourhood for tourists. Kitchen is clean and free good coffee in the morning. Recommended with gusto!

If you (like me) adjust your expectations according to the price this is the perfect hostel. You make your own pancakes for brekfast and put the sheets on your bed yourself. Cool people at reception, but attendance can be slow. Atmosphere is good though. I slept down in room Hades, and was woken in the morning by intense sounds of front gate opening. Sounded like the gates to the underworld, so added to the charm of room Hades :)

I had a great stay at Arcadia Hostel. The staff were really welcoming and helpful and made me feel at home. There is a good vibe which is sociable and fun but not too crazy party which suited me fine. There is a BBQ on Sunday where everyone from the hostel eats together which was a great way to get to know more people and it was all you can eat!!!

The hostel is in a nice location, it had a good vibe and the price was right. A drawback was that the double-bed room we stayed in was directly adjacent to the kitchen and people were in there making noise well after the 11pm closing time and again around 4-5 am after coming back from partying. Also, the make-it-yourself pancake breakfast was a joke, as the pans are so old you end up making scrambled doughy lumps. The place is a good budget backpacker option, but don't let the breakfast sway you

A bit of a trek and our room (Hades) was rather noisy but for the price you definitely can't conplain. The staff were excellent

We stayed in 'hades' n for the price $8 u can't complain 12 beds,triple bunks x 4, small room at nte it was cool but its in basement under common area n next to main door a lil noisy as TV was on most ntes n music 2, not loud but u could hear it n there's a 12pm quiet time apart frm special occasions. But it didn't. Location is quiet, 5 min walk parque lleras ,where's it's happening. get metro bus to metro station from near there which is the gateway 2 the city. Owners really helpful!!

No maple syrup! Nice place good vibes

Good hostel. Good place to meet people at the hostel bar but not a party hostel. Enjoyed my stay.

You can get a room without a window, that's Ok. But the breakfast was more than poor. We had to make the pancakes ourselves and nothing was served withthe pancakes, no honey, no sirup. There was also no milk to the coffee. That's very poor. The kitchen was very dirty.

• 4th Nov 2014

Hi there thanks for your comment.. My apologies about the room Elisium that still hasn't a window i had to seal it because of the noise of the common area outside but we are working on it to make a special window with a fan for this room. About the breakfast its simple & make it yourself but we do provide sirup but not milk..in case it was out did you ask the reception for more? Sorry if it was dirty we trying our best to keep it clean but also guests has to clean their stuff.

Arcadia was a great hostel for me while in Medellin. Although the make-your-own-pancakes breakfast was underwhelming, the excellent common rooms more than made up for it. The 12 person dorm in the old garage was a little dingy, but on the plus side it blocked most of the external light and noise, and the individual lockers with powerpoints were a real bonus. The Wi-Fi is alright but, with excellent staff and at a great price, it's definitely worth staying here.

It is on the edge of Poblado so it is a hike to go where the action is.. Only complaint other customers very noisy till 2 am most nights The staff is quite helpful And spoke English very well It is 30 years old and shows it but comfortable I stayed 3 days and moved to a new hostal for 50% more per night

• 24th Oct 2014

An allrpund excellent hostel Comfy beds, make em yourself pancake and coffeee included, hot showers, and awesome staffstaff. Only thing this hostel could be doing better I have a spatula for the pancakes and spme decent pans...

12 bed dorm was quite cramped, however the beds were good and each one had a PowerPoint beside it and a small locker. Shower was hot. WiFi OK. Good atmosphere and very friendly staff. Good value for money. Location was OK but about a 20min walk from nearest metro station.

Excellent hostel with a fantastic atmosphere and easy to meet people, great bbq on Sundays, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

I really enjoyed my stay at arcadia hostel. i found it to be in an excellent location with super friendly staff, comfy beds and a really good atmosphere where if you want to chill you can chill but if you want to go out and party all the bars in poblado are only a stones throw away. Not to mention a fantastic all you can eat bbq on sundays. All in all i had a great experience.

• 21st Sep 2014

Staff very friendly and very welcoming. Relaxed and chilled out atmosphere. One of my favourite socks went missing whilst being washed though!

« first « Prev 1 2 3