Arcadia Hostel Reviews

Calle 11A, No. 31A-188, Las Lomas 1, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

I stayed in Arcadia hostel for a whole week! I fell in love with this place from the first day. Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities, great location and warm atmosphere. Moreover, I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of this place Spiros - a great guy who is super cool and friendly!

Good Hostel, nice dorms and private rooms. Cleanliness could be improved. Kitchen quite small and almost never clean. Staff nice but composed of too many volunteers who don't really know a lot about hospitality and the town.

Overall My stay was good. I hated the self serve pancakes. The pancake mix was horrible and took unnecessarily long time to make. I was there for over five days, and attempted to eat their breakfast once which was unsuccessful. The staff spoke good English and were helpful. The vibe was ok, music was blasting all day long.

• 25th Jun 2015

It was ok to stay there due to the good location close to lots of restaurants and bars and due to the relaxed and cool atmosphere. But the stuff was neigther friendly nor helpful...trouble in ordering a taxi, got a disgusting mojito and had to to pay ful price although there was a happy hour...drunken people from other rooms came in our room and were really noisy..."included breakfast" means you have to prepare the pancakes on your own which was almost impossible with the available facilities

Nice hostel, friendly people and near outgoing area Lleras Parque (5min walk). Good wifi connection.

Nice hostel, great people and really nice staff. Alejandro is one of the best people I ever meat.

Julian Leon was excellent and very helpful.

• 23rd May 2015

Had an amazing stay at this hostel. Staff were amazing!! Had my passport and wallet stolen while in this city and they made the bad situation a lot less painful! :)

A lovely hostel with a really relaxed atmosphere aided by the couched couches and dvds. Happy hour is great value. All good except the pancakes for breakfast are disgusting. .think it was the maize flour they use.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rates were fair. Location was great. Place was nice.

Good price, very helpful and nice staff, good location but little sleep, unfortunately the staff was watching DVDs quite loud after 12 pm and in the morning music started at 6 am... Nevertheless simple but good hostel.

• 7th May 2015

This hostel is a small gem in the crown of Poblado. The balance is perfectly struck between a place to relax and party/socialise. It is a really great size as well so you are able to get to know people better than some larger hostels. I set out originally to stay for 1 week and ended up staying 3 and a half thanks to the friendly staff and owner. The Greek mythology theme of the hostel is pretty awesome and brings a bit of novelty to the table. Warm and comfortable stay.

• 22nd Apr 2015

Not the best hostel I've stayed. Seemed like everyone that was staying there ended up working there on one job or another, that said, regular staff were good. The general atmosphere of the communal areas were "smokey" & felt dark. Breakfast is on offer but very basic- depending on your skills. You have to make your own pancakes. The area is very commercial which is good if that's what you like. I don't personally feel it offers an authentic Colombian experience with KFC & Dominos local

• 17th Apr 2015

Hy there, thanks your comment.. We have locals doing most of the job but we hire volunteers to help for basic stuff, breakfast is a pancake mix and coffee basic but better than nothing.. Then we are 5 min from the "zona Rosa" that is a commercial area with lots of different restaurants to choose from local kitchen to American fast food but every Friday we have Free salsa lessons and Sunday Greek style BBQ that u can meet some locals..me & my staff can give advices for having an authentic exp

Absolutely loved this place! Only meant to stay for 2 days and instead, stayed for a week. It's not in the center of El Poblado, but everything is quite accessible. The staff is fantastic. It's a really chilled environment, unlike the other hostels my friends were staying in around the area. Everyone was really laidback and wonderful.

Great hostel. Very helpful staff

• 8th Apr 2015

Good hostel few blocks from the Poblado's party area, the best area in the city. All the staff members are really helpful and nice, especially Diana she is the best of all. She deserves a pat in the back. I found during my travels, I highly reccomend this hostel!. all you can eat pancakes all day and coffee..

• 8th Apr 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Arcadia a lot. The atmosphere in the hostel was very nice, you can have a fun party but also a quiet night here. The hostel is situated in the Poblado area, so there are lots of restaurants and bars nearby. The staff was very helpful. I liked the 11 beds dorm a lot because of its little balcony. I would definetly stay here again.

Secure location, nice balcony in the common area, spacious dorm room with a private balcony, cute black cat who always comes unexpectedly.

We found some of the staff members very nice and helpful and others clueless. We paid extra to stay in a four bedroom doom and they put six people in it. It was a classic bait and switch. The shower was amazing but not enough to make us want to revisit.

Staff were lovely but the dorm we were in was prett horrible, floor was filthy and there's a slanted ceiling which you constantly hit your head on if you're on a top bunk. To be honest I was pretty excited to get out and leave

« first « Prev 1 2 3