Arcadia Hostel Reviews

Calle 11A, No. 31A-188, Las Lomas 1, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Hostel was a good choice. It had a nicely designed common space, however it gets crowded easily in the evening. Private room was quite small but sufficient, with powerful fan. The only downside were the bathrooms, there was only one toilet for few rooms and two showers. They were quite dirty

Hostel is good. It's easy to meet people. They have free pancakes in the morning but you have to make them yourself and there isn't any syrup so bring your own. The large dorms all share 2 bathrooms and 2 showers. I never had a problem but the cleanliness is about what you would expect for that number of people sharing a shower. It's a nice place though and the staff and other guests were really friendly. It's a little walk from the metro station but it's not bad if you take the bus.

the staff was helpful, fun to hang out with and they gave my boyfriend and I the cheapest and most comfortable offer to share a bed, saving us money where we didn't know we could. the atmosphere is perfect for a younger crowd looking to lounge around and get to know other travelers. Also, the lounge area is downstairs and the dorms upstairs so if you want to sleep, you won't be bothered. they have a clothes exchange which is really nice for travelers on longer trips!

The Hostel was ok, the fans make a lot of noise. I recommend to stay

Great home away from home feel, good for meeting people and the owner is really interested in you having a good stay. Not as clean as it could have been and the rooms are very crowded.

Other than waiting an hour to get our bed assignments, everything was perfect. Great atmosphere, good location, free pancakes in the morning, and cool staff. It's not as close to the Metro station as it seems, it's a good walk, but still worth it.

Really enjoyed my stay there! Great atmosphere, helpful staff and location just 5 min from main square.

Everything was pretty decent at this hostel except for the rock hard beds. Besides that it had a nice deck area and the location was great.

If there are people waiting for pancakes, I think that there should be a sign that says, 'Please limit yourself to 2 pancakes if people are waiting.' I also think there should be a dry-erase board for the pancake queue; that way no one cuts in front of you if you step away to use the bathroom or you're not sitting there for half an hour waiting for your turn.

Hi there, thanks for you comment & your recommendations.Our point of view is having you satisfied & for that we already apply a waiting list & we are investigating possible solutions for a better pancake result.

Arcadia hostel has all what a hostel needs. You can get satified there easily. The stuff was great, it was clean and I liked the do your pancakes breakfast. Be a bit creativ to make your pancakes, maybe buy some of the cheap and the delicious fruits from South America the day before if u dont wanna eat your pancake just with sugar. Oh yeah, the wifi was kinda alright. Sometimes it was a bit slow and at my room it never worked (I had the cheapiest room).

• 5th Dec 2014

A good hostel realtively close to all amenities but a bit far from the metro. Good casual space but zero parking available

Stayed in the 12 bed dorm and it was fine. Close to the metro and a good neighbourhood for tourists. Kitchen is clean and free good coffee in the morning. Recommended with gusto!

If you (like me) adjust your expectations according to the price this is the perfect hostel. You make your own pancakes for brekfast and put the sheets on your bed yourself. Cool people at reception, but attendance can be slow. Atmosphere is good though. I slept down in room Hades, and was woken in the morning by intense sounds of front gate opening. Sounded like the gates to the underworld, so added to the charm of room Hades :)

I had a great stay at Arcadia Hostel. The staff were really welcoming and helpful and made me feel at home. There is a good vibe which is sociable and fun but not too crazy party which suited me fine. There is a BBQ on Sunday where everyone from the hostel eats together which was a great way to get to know more people and it was all you can eat!!!

The hostel is in a nice location, it had a good vibe and the price was right. A drawback was that the double-bed room we stayed in was directly adjacent to the kitchen and people were in there making noise well after the 11pm closing time and again around 4-5 am after coming back from partying. Also, the make-it-yourself pancake breakfast was a joke, as the pans are so old you end up making scrambled doughy lumps. The place is a good budget backpacker option, but don't let the breakfast sway you

A bit of a trek and our room (Hades) was rather noisy but for the price you definitely can't conplain. The staff were excellent

We stayed in 'hades' n for the price $8 u can't complain 12 beds,triple bunks x 4, small room at nte it was cool but its in basement under common area n next to main door a lil noisy as TV was on most ntes n music 2, not loud but u could hear it n there's a 12pm quiet time apart frm special occasions. But it didn't. Location is quiet, 5 min walk parque lleras ,where's it's happening. get metro bus to metro station from near there which is the gateway 2 the city. Owners really helpful!!

No maple syrup! Nice place good vibes

Good hostel. Good place to meet people at the hostel bar but not a party hostel. Enjoyed my stay.

You can get a room without a window, that's Ok. But the breakfast was more than poor. We had to make the pancakes ourselves and nothing was served withthe pancakes, no honey, no sirup. There was also no milk to the coffee. That's very poor. The kitchen was very dirty.

Hi there thanks for your comment.. My apologies about the room Elisium that still hasn't a window i had to seal it because of the noise of the common area outside but we are working on it to make a special window with a fan for this room. About the breakfast its simple & make it yourself but we do provide sirup but not milk..in case it was out did you ask the reception for more? Sorry if it was dirty we trying our best to keep it clean but also guests has to clean their stuff.

« first « Prev 1 2 3