Arcadia Hostel Reviews

Calle 11A, No. 31A-188, Las Lomas 1, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Great hostel about a five min walk from main area of Poblado. Givens it's relatively small size it creates a wonderful atmosphere making it easy to meet other pack packers. Nice hot showers and breakfast included also helps! Only negatives would be the the beds in the private rooms and rather uncomfortable

Nice spot in a great part of the city. From the airport I got off the bus at the San Diego shopping centre at the bottom of the long descent into the city and got a 5 minute cab from there. Staff are friendly, showers are great and the WiFi seems really good. Rock hard pillows though. Would stay again.

Good comfortable hostel in good location, close to everything but out of ththe rat race. Good to see they offer breakfast- although the travelers responsibility hostehostel could focus their cleaner on the kitchen more. Staff were pretty disinterested upon arrival and during stay, only one guy was helpful. Have walked away from the hostel with either lice, mites or somrthing similar. Did see the staff spraying one room- maybe all rooms require this action

Great hostel! Staff was friendly, very helpful, and assisted me with everything i needed. Location is perfect. Just a few blocks from where everything is. Its a medium sized comfortable environment so you meet other travelers right away and make friends easily. Whether youre by yourself or with a group. Overall, very clean, dont have anything bad to say, good value for your money, and would reccommend to anyone! Also, spyros, the owner, get to know him... Cool guy!!!!

This hostel was good!! The location was brilliant for zona rosa-5 mins walk. Metro 20 min walk to access the whole city! You can get a meteo bus back to the parque lleras if you are feeling lazy to walk home!!! The colombian staff members were very very helpful and friendly!!! Our room beside the kitchen i think it was called pegasus, it was kinda stuffy and could do with a lick of paint but decent enough. If you are a light sleeper it may not be the best room for you! Pick another one.

• 8th Jul 2015

Unfortunately I didn't enjoy my stay of one night here, this was because the whole hostel was woken up by a coked up gringo who was demanding his phone, shouting at the top of his voice. I know this was only one night so it may of been better the next night but I didn't stick around to find out. The staff were friendly but they also managed to not find my laundry, which was still in the dryer. The place is a typical hostel and could do with a good clean and a bit more organizing.

Hi there its Spyros. After watching the cameras & asked the night shift it was a guy that thought his cell phone was stolen but finally he found it next day.There are lockers for its bed in the whole hostel so please we ask our guests to be more careful with their stuff to avoid this problems.The receptionist react correct thought try to calm down the guy.If u gave us ur laundry after 12pm or were lots of clothes its possible it was let in the dryer trying to do it same day for ur convenience..

Loved this place, just felt like home! Comfortable beds, super friendly staff, great bbq and the salsa class is just fun! A place to return! Thank u Arcadia!

Great hostel with friendly staff. Relaxed atmosphere and very social with good common areas. A good set up.

I stayed in Arcadia hostel for a whole week! I fell in love with this place from the first day. Pleasant, friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities, great location and warm atmosphere. Moreover, I had the pleasure of meeting the owner of this place Spiros - a great guy who is super cool and friendly!

Good Hostel, nice dorms and private rooms. Cleanliness could be improved. Kitchen quite small and almost never clean. Staff nice but composed of too many volunteers who don't really know a lot about hospitality and the town.

Hi there thanks for ur comment. We are working for the cleanliness & how to improve it especially in the kitchen that can get dirty quite easy since its not very big & lots of people are using it.They clean it though minimum 3 times per day, the volunteers are around most during the night or help other stuff but our staff is mainly from Colombia & either me or them are around almost 24/7 so u just have to ask us.Also there is plenty of useful information in the info room of Arcadia.

Overall My stay was good. I hated the self serve pancakes. The pancake mix was horrible and took unnecessarily long time to make. I was there for over five days, and attempted to eat their breakfast once which was unsuccessful. The staff spoke good English and were helpful. The vibe was ok, music was blasting all day long.

Hi there this is Spyros, sorry for any inconvenient. We are investigating to see what we can do to make the breakfast better and more accessible.We understand that since its free, kitchen is getting very busy during the morning but we 'll try our best to deal with this problem and test again the pancake mix as well as the music to be more adequated.

The hostel is amazing! I couldn't move on to my next destination because it felt so cosy there and I met great people. The location is very nice, it's right next to the center but still surrounded by a lot of green. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Furthermore the location Poblado is very safe and modern which made me feel confortable even when coming back late at night. I would totally recommend it!

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Greece

It was ok to stay there due to the good location close to lots of restaurants and bars and due to the relaxed and cool atmosphere. But the stuff was neigther friendly nor helpful...trouble in ordering a taxi, got a disgusting mojito and had to to pay ful price although there was a happy hour...drunken people from other rooms came in our room and were really noisy..."included breakfast" means you have to prepare the pancakes on your own which was almost impossible with the available facilities

Hi, apologies for any inconveniences during your stay. I am sure that if you were complained about your mojito we could make one for free or if it was during the happy hour you deserve a 2nd one.About taxi if its raining & is a rush hour everybody understand that this doesn't depend on us, same about noise in dorms although we are trying our best to help you with anything if you only ask us.About breakfast its included in the low price, kitchen isn't that big so is the best we can offer.

Nice hostel, friendly people and near outgoing area Lleras Parque (5min walk). Good wifi connection.

Nice hostel, great people and really nice staff. Alejandro is one of the best people I ever meat.

Julian Leon was excellent and very helpful.

• 23rd May 2015

Had an amazing stay at this hostel. Staff were amazing!! Had my passport and wallet stolen while in this city and they made the bad situation a lot less painful! :)

A lovely hostel with a really relaxed atmosphere aided by the couched couches and dvds. Happy hour is great value. All good except the pancakes for breakfast are disgusting. .think it was the maize flour they use.

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rates were fair. Location was great. Place was nice.

Good price, very helpful and nice staff, good location but little sleep, unfortunately the staff was watching DVDs quite loud after 12 pm and in the morning music started at 6 am... Nevertheless simple but good hostel.

• 7th May 2015

Hi there, thanks for your comment. After talking with my staff they assure me that they didn't put the volume of the TV high, neither the music, nevertheless we are monitoring the situation to make sure we controlling it and that our rules ans conditions are taking place. Arcadia hostel is not a party hostel but is a very sociable one and everyone should understand that if they want total quite should go in a hotel..in any hostel could be some noise in the logic limits of course.

« first « Prev 1 2 3