Arcadia Hostel Reviews

Calle 11A, No. 31A-188, Las Lomas 1, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Good hostel few blocks from the Poblado's party area, the best area in the city. All the staff members are really helpful and nice, among the best I found during my travels, thanks a lot to eyelin and all the volounteers. The only thing I don't like is that in the whole terrace is allowed to smoke, i would reserve one table for smokers and the other for no smokers to be able to eat in peace, highly reccomended hostel!

I had stayed in the neighbourhood of Laureles previous to coming here and this location really is gringo land, everything is more expensive, there's western fast food chains and the walk to the metro is around 20 minutes. The bbq on the Sunday wasn't quite reflective of the hype I'd red about on reviews, especially not for 17,000 pesos. I was mis-informed about needing to bring my own sd card when paragliding so had to buy one there - the staff should really know this. Very small room too.

Arcadia fue un hostel muy muy buena. Los empleos son muy amable y quieren ayudarte con todo. Recibes panqueques ricos cada manana y el hostal mantiene limpio. Hay una clase de salsa complimentaria cada viernes que es muy buena y muy divertido. Arcadia is a great hostel for all travelers! It has a great atmosphere, very helpful staff who are always willing to help plan fun tours or tell you where to go for local fun. The free pancake breakfast is delicious and the greek BBQ is also great!

• 19th Feb 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel the stuff was great and helpful they gave me all the information I needed about what to do in medellin and the areas around The kitchen was well equipt with all you need and also pancakes and free coffee in the morning The comun areas were good to hang and chill specially at the hamaca Where you can lay down The bathrooms were clean and big also the beds were comfortable and you have your own power to plug in your electric device which was real nice

• 19th Feb 2015

Situated in a quiet area near the cool parque Lleera, it offers different accomodations. Probably the best is the large 11 beds dorm with a balcony over the park. Breakfast with pancakes and the best coffee you can drink in a colombian hostel. Los of activities: barbecue on sundays, salsa lessons on fridays , good selection of movies and good wifi. Friendly atmosphere and staff

We are absolutely not the most difficult people and are already travelling for a long time, but this was the worst stay untill now. The staff was not helpful (did not give us advice at all about the city or safety etc) and sometimes rude, it was very very noisy every night and it was not clean. There are much better alternatives for this price!

Hi there & thanks for your comment.This is the owner. We apologize for the bad experience you had, I am personally investigating what happened in your case, but our priority is our guests. I am surprised to hear that our staff wasn´t helpful. In the hostel we have an information room with a big map & a book complete with information on what to do in Medellin (tours like the Pablo Escobar tour). The problem is that this room is beside the kitchen so it could be a bit noisy..

I would recommend anyone who is going to Medellin to stay at this hostel. The staff was great and I met some really cool people.

• 25th Jan 2015

Hostel was a good choice. It had a nicely designed common space, however it gets crowded easily in the evening. Private room was quite small but sufficient, with powerful fan. The only downside were the bathrooms, there was only one toilet for few rooms and two showers. They were quite dirty

Hostel is good. It's easy to meet people. They have free pancakes in the morning but you have to make them yourself and there isn't any syrup so bring your own. The large dorms all share 2 bathrooms and 2 showers. I never had a problem but the cleanliness is about what you would expect for that number of people sharing a shower. It's a nice place though and the staff and other guests were really friendly. It's a little walk from the metro station but it's not bad if you take the bus.

the staff was helpful, fun to hang out with and they gave my boyfriend and I the cheapest and most comfortable offer to share a bed, saving us money where we didn't know we could. the atmosphere is perfect for a younger crowd looking to lounge around and get to know other travelers. Also, the lounge area is downstairs and the dorms upstairs so if you want to sleep, you won't be bothered. they have a clothes exchange which is really nice for travelers on longer trips!

The Hostel was ok, the fans make a lot of noise. I recommend to stay

Great home away from home feel, good for meeting people and the owner is really interested in you having a good stay. Not as clean as it could have been and the rooms are very crowded.

Excellent clean hostel, situated near main street in, Poblado, Medellin. No loud traffic, and honking horns here! The staff are all extremely friendly, helpful, and kind. Only a 15 minute scenic walk to the train station, and a large supermarket named, Exito, is also near the station. From the hostel, only a 5 minute walk to the main street nearby, 'Calle 10'. Excellent nightlife. Plenty of nearby restaurants for those fancy nights, plenty of chain junk food places, and plenty of local food too.

Other than waiting an hour to get our bed assignments, everything was perfect. Great atmosphere, good location, free pancakes in the morning, and cool staff. It's not as close to the Metro station as it seems, it's a good walk, but still worth it.

Really enjoyed my stay there! Great atmosphere, helpful staff and location just 5 min from main square.

Everything was pretty decent at this hostel except for the rock hard beds. Besides that it had a nice deck area and the location was great.

Kitchen was so dirty it was unuseable and the toilet shower situation was less than ideal. Has a good vibe though and we met lots of other guests that were great fun.

If there are people waiting for pancakes, I think that there should be a sign that says, 'Please limit yourself to 2 pancakes if people are waiting.' I also think there should be a dry-erase board for the pancake queue; that way no one cuts in front of you if you step away to use the bathroom or you're not sitting there for half an hour waiting for your turn.

Hi there, thanks for you comment & your recommendations.Our point of view is having you satisfied & for that we already apply a waiting list & we are investigating possible solutions for a better pancake result.

Arcadia hostel has all what a hostel needs. You can get satified there easily. The stuff was great, it was clean and I liked the do your pancakes breakfast. Be a bit creativ to make your pancakes, maybe buy some of the cheap and the delicious fruits from South America the day before if u dont wanna eat your pancake just with sugar. Oh yeah, the wifi was kinda alright. Sometimes it was a bit slow and at my room it never worked (I had the cheapiest room).

• 5th Dec 2014

A good hostel realtively close to all amenities but a bit far from the metro. Good casual space but zero parking available