Arcadia Hostel Reviews

Calle 11A, No. 31A-188, Las Lomas 1, Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

A bit of a trek and our room (Hades) was rather noisy but for the price you definitely can't conplain. The staff were excellent

We stayed in 'hades' n for the price $8 u can't complain 12 beds,triple bunks x 4, small room at nte it was cool but its in basement under common area n next to main door a lil noisy as TV was on most ntes n music 2, not loud but u could hear it n there's a 12pm quiet time apart frm special occasions. But it didn't. Location is quiet, 5 min walk parque lleras ,where's it's happening. get metro bus to metro station from near there which is the gateway 2 the city. Owners really helpful!!

No maple syrup! Nice place good vibes

Good hostel. Good place to meet people at the hostel bar but not a party hostel. Enjoyed my stay.

You can get a room without a window, that's Ok. But the breakfast was more than poor. We had to make the pancakes ourselves and nothing was served withthe pancakes, no honey, no sirup. There was also no milk to the coffee. That's very poor. The kitchen was very dirty.

• 4th Nov 2014

Arcadia was a great hostel for me while in Medellin. Although the make-your-own-pancakes breakfast was underwhelming, the excellent common rooms more than made up for it. The 12 person dorm in the old garage was a little dingy, but on the plus side it blocked most of the external light and noise, and the individual lockers with powerpoints were a real bonus. The Wi-Fi is alright but, with excellent staff and at a great price, it's definitely worth staying here.

It is on the edge of Poblado so it is a hike to go where the action is.. Only complaint other customers very noisy till 2 am most nights The staff is quite helpful And spoke English very well It is 30 years old and shows it but comfortable I stayed 3 days and moved to a new hostal for 50% more per night

• 24th Oct 2014

An allrpund excellent hostel Comfy beds, make em yourself pancake and coffeee included, hot showers, and awesome staffstaff. Only thing this hostel could be doing better I have a spatula for the pancakes and spme decent pans...

12 bed dorm was quite cramped, however the beds were good and each one had a PowerPoint beside it and a small locker. Shower was hot. WiFi OK. Good atmosphere and very friendly staff. Good value for money. Location was OK but about a 20min walk from nearest metro station.

Excellent hostel with a fantastic atmosphere and easy to meet people, great bbq on Sundays, the staff are very friendly and helpful.

I really enjoyed my stay at arcadia hostel. i found it to be in an excellent location with super friendly staff, comfy beds and a really good atmosphere where if you want to chill you can chill but if you want to go out and party all the bars in poblado are only a stones throw away. Not to mention a fantastic all you can eat bbq on sundays. All in all i had a great experience.

• 21st Sep 2014

Staff very friendly and very welcoming. Relaxed and chilled out atmosphere. One of my favourite socks went missing whilst being washed though!

This was a great place to stay, very relaxed atmosphere where it was easy to mix with other travellers. The staff were great, very helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend it!

The website of this hostel oversells and underdelivers. The showers were not as good as I had imagined - very small, one of them had no power, and boiling hot or freezing cold. Used laundry service and it came back with one of my hiking socks missing. The receptionists were useless when I asked them about it, kept fobbing me off (telling me they would look into it and then just avoiding me!). No discount on the laundry for this! No internet and dirty, crowded kitchen.

The hoste has quite a good location in El Poblado, but there is not enough toilets and showers for all the people the hostel can accomodate - they get dirty very quickly. The basement dorm is pure punk - 4 triple bunk beds next to each other and no window, so better take one of the more expensive ones ;-) and the wifi was down the whole time we were there, so we had no chance to plan further our trip... But the crowd and atmosphere was good ;-)

My stay at Arcadia was fantastic ! I was very Impressed by the size of the dorm I stayed in named "Olympus" one of the best dorms I have stayed in my entire trip to be honest. The staff were amazing and didn't hesitate to help me out when ever I needed a tour booked or advice on places to eat,drink etc. They also hold an all you can eat Greek BBQ every sunday which is not only delicious but great because it brings the whole hostel together. Definitely staying there again !!!

• 1st Sep 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here, we were in double room and slept fine even though we were in the room closest to common areas. Staff were friendly and helpful and good atmosphere. Kitchen needs improving. BBQ on Sunday was yum.

Our room was far too noisy (but it was the only noisy room oft the Hostel), these were not enough showers/toilets for all the people,but the atmosphere of the hostel was really nice and relaxing.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Austria

Hey guys, this is Spyros, thanks for the comment. You stayed at Elisium a room with a share bathroom that is next to the cool patio.We are working to improve the sound isolation of this room, we already built a wall & soon we are gonna isolate the window as well so hopefully this will improve things.Arcadia hostel has 5 dorms & 3 privates, all the rooms are en-suite except Elisium, Andromeda (the 2 privates) & Hades (12 bed dorm) that have to share 2 toilets and 2 showers.I believe are enough..

All good. Good hostel, good people, good location. The Sunday BBQ is awesome. Beware if you're staying in the Pegasus room (private double with ensuite) that it's incredibly loud. You're next to the kitchen and close to the common area. The only time it's quiet is between around 2am and 8am, otherwise brace yourself for people talking loudly as they make breakfast and music and/or the TV blaring as loudly as possible until everyone goes to bed.

The 12-bed dorm is in the basement which is not highly recommend and the only showers are all the way up to the roof. For a short stay it's allright though!

Yaa thats why is called Hades (in Greek mythology means hell).. But its the cheapest dorm you can get in Medellin in one of the best neighborhoods (Poblado), just 5 -10 min walk form the "zona rosa" (parque Lleras), including breakfast (coffee & pancakes) & Free internet, plus the beds are big and comfy each one provided with electrical sockets & small lockers!Any time you feel you want to upgrade check out our other dorms like Olympus that has even a private balcony, en suite & spacious!

« first « Prev 1 2 3