Arch-Ist Hostel Reviews

Siraselviler Caddesi, no:40, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

very Good. and very cheap. but there are alot of stairs entrance so you have to bring some baggage to your room. that I think that's very good place and very good place to visit Taksim especially if you have to use shuttle bus to airport in front of Point hotel. that's very useful place.

Nice hostel in a really nice neighborhood (5 minutes walking from Taksim)! A great value for your money!

The room and the bathroom was very clean. Beds were comfortable and the air conditioning was a very big plus. The neighbourhood is just few minutes to Taksim Square and its a very nice area. I recommend it!!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

We had a great stay. Very great atmosphere and a great location. Our room was cleaned everyday. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Argentina

I loved this place, killer location, great staff & owners, very helpful, very clean. Coming back after a long day of sight seeing I felt like I was returning to a home/apartment and not a dreary hostel. Don't miss exploring the side streets that surround the location, great second hand stores, boutiques and tea shops, restaurants & bars giving it a more 'locals' vibe to the place then the main shopping venues. Over, highly recommend it, will stay there again on any return trips.

We had a great stay, everything was clean and the furniture seemed new. It was grat to have a bathroom in our room. Especially the rooftop was our highlight! Thank you.

• 13th May 2014

They stuck us in the attic in a room with a ceiling so low that I couldn't stand up straight. It rained. The roof leaked. When I asked if anything could be done the receptionist responded that they "usually don't put people in that room." That made us feel SO MUCH better. Shower leaked water all over the bathroom floor. Just a terrible experience all around.

Very good location near to Taksim square and street with many bars and restaurants. Quiet and clean place. Friendly staff but difficulties with oral english (risk of confusion when asking for directions)

• 1st May 2014

it has been one of my most enjoyable hostel stays. it is clean, well located, safe, staff is friendly and welcoming. Also town Cihangir is a perfect location to observe daily life and being close to touristic sites. definetly recommended

• 29th Apr 2014

Very nice athmosphere, good location, super clean and has a warm common area with a big kitchen to meet new people. We had great time in your hostel, thank you.

• 29th Apr 2014

We stayed in the hostel as a couple. As we arrived they wanted us to pay in Turkish Lira eventhough it was stated on the homepage they would accept Euro, which they did in the end. The room we booked was occupied, so we had to stay for 3 nights in one room and then switch, which we were told on the same day. They even had already packed our things. Also we found our room quite dusty. The hostel is ok, but I saw Hostels way more cared about with a nicer stuff and better atmosphere...

• 13th Apr 2014

It's cheap, the location is great, the toilet is very clean, but the walls in the room for 4 people are very dirty, this hostel don't have proper lockers, only small ones (that is not enough for me). The guy in the reception is very polite, but the girl with curly hair pretends that you don't exist. I would recommend this hostel just because of the price, it doesn't have anything special.

• 12th Apr 2014

It was very falsely advertised. Staff was extremely unhelpful.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Nice place, friendly atmosphere.

• 26th Feb 2014

Honestly, I have never been in a Hostel that feels so much like home. I absolutely loved it. It's a quiet place (specially in my winter visit), everything works and when it's rainy, you just feel like staying in and having some tea. i was in Istanbul for a week and had to work from my computer, their kitchen was the best office ever!

• 23rd Feb 2014