Arch-Ist Hostel Reviews

Siraselviler Caddesi, no:40, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed here for a month and I loved this hostel! Spacious room, excellent location and great communal facilities especially the kitchen. Special thanks to Uğur, Ömer, Sinan and Zeynep for their amazing help and hospitality.

The location is so good, close to Istiklal street. The staff there was nice and friendly, the rooms are good and spacious just for sleeping. Good kitchen but small common areas. The wifi conection in the rooms are poor. Anyway, I recommend it.

The receptionists, especially the female ones, completely do not understand the importance of a smile. All they care about is getting through their shift and chatting with their boyfriends. I don't think they have ever travelled abroad and therefore never felt the importance of a friendly voice at a hostel. It can make all the difference to a trip and is one of the top reasons why I like to frequent hostels. Unlike the staff at hotels, they usually understand a budget traveller's needs.

perfect place in a perfect location, nice kitchen and spacious room.

• 18th Feb 2015

The place was awesome located in the center of Taksim! The beds were comfortable, the bathrooms were clean. And the overall atmosphere created by the guy working there, I still remember his name, Omer. He answered each and everyone of our questions, he explained us how and where to go, he recommended us some great Turkish dishes and places to visit. His positive vibe made the hostel experience incredible. Omer made us feel like at home.

• 5th Feb 2015

Never got answers of my emails, sent like 5 about airport transfers, bookings and cancellations, but none were replied. And a girl from staff kept entering the room with a friend to use the room bathroom, although there is a common bathroom on third floor. When asked personally there are very nice

The crew at the hostel was nice. We had a small trouble because we were expecting a room with 2 beds and there was just one. It seemed that there was a problem on their website. In any case, they saved the problem changing the bed for 2. The place is really well placed, 5 minutes walking to Taksim which is the main place to take the funicular and tram in the city center. In the hostel, there's a nice atmosphere among the customers, ost of them being young backpackers or students travelling ard

The experience in the hostel was the worst in long time. The worst was the guy in the entrance, who was lying in the couch when talking to you and when anybody asked a question he seems to be upset to answer. I don't recomend this place, I think for the same price you can find nice hostels in Taksim area. I was there just two nights and a group of three people and a guy travelling alone deceded to leave because the hostel was not as expected.

Mevki bakımından muhteşem bir noktada odalarının rahatlığı ve kullanışı da çok iyi

• 2nd Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Nice place with kitchen for guests, good location, and very good value for money !

nice stuff and free cay ;-)

• 26th Nov 2014

Perfect location, close to Taksim square and the main shopping, restaurant, bar street! A 20 min walk to the Hagia Sophia Mosque and the Blu Mosque. A safe neighbourhood. The hostel is nice and modern. Best beds I have had for 3 months in hostels! Thestaf is very friendly and ready to help you! I stayed there 5 nights because I liked it so much. The Wi fi was rather poor in the bedroom but perfect in the common room. They clean the rooms every day ;) Reccomended!

I really liked the style of this hostel. The location was pretty good, the kitchen is awesome-especially when your making your own meals and there is a grocery store right across the street. The beds are comfy and thick! Only negative was the cleaner didn't clean the bathroom or empty the garbage our entire stay. (4 days)

friendly staff, nice and clean place, good location, not expensive

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Iran

Really nice hostel. Very clean with a big kitchen for people to socialise in. Had computers for personal use which is a bonus and the bedrooms were huge with lots of space in them. Could have easily put 8 beds in the room I stayed in and they kept it to 4.

Loved the feel of this hostel. Great kitchen to cook in helpful staff very clean rooms. Good atmosphere to meet people Only real problem is late night music from the club next door on weekends and cheaper if booked online don't book in person. I would still stay here again its a very cozy hostel.

Only book one night since had to change my original plans but was really pleasantly surprised. Staff were very sweet and helpful. There is a full working kitchen so ideal if you are staying longer. Great wi-fi and even a pc available for use. Nice hostel for nice people. Not a party scene. If you looking for it, since entrace is a small green metal door, look out for KiKi which is next door or a flashing red 'E' sign if at night. Just across from some type of hospital i believe.

What a great place! Great location, awesome staff. The first night the hot shower wasn't working and after talking to the management it got fixed within hours. The location is in a typical old house but the inside is actually pretty modern. Make sure you pin the place on your map before getting there as they only have a tiny sticker on a door to signal the place. Free water and tea all day makes this place a steal! Keep it up!

To go to Taksim you don't have to go up hill from the hostel.

Its close to taksim square, so that good, but the staff is not really helpfull. They didnt speak much english, so they couldnt tell me where to buy bus tickets or where was the post office. The rooms are good, clean. I stayed at the girls room and there was a pub next to it, so it was really loud all night, didnt sleep well. They charge me for a map!