Arch-Ist Hostel Reviews

Siraselviler Caddesi, no:40, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

This place is really in the middle of everything. it was a great choice. It has a great atmosphere with a homelike feeling, thats why i stay in hostels, Common kitchen and livingroom is very nice to hang out and meet other travelers. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• 19th Sep 2013

Great place to stay in the heart of modern Istanbul. Cosy, compact yet homely, The Arch-ist is THE hostel to stay at on Taksim side.

The location is just perfect, and the value for money as well. The staff was quite hospitable, kind and warm, making our stay unique; thanx Merve;)

• 13th Sep 2013
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The kitchen was not clean enough and some cups and basic stuff is broken. It seems they wait until everybody finishes eating to start cleaning or loading the dish washer. The kitchen table is way too big for the kitchen. It'd be great if they put more light on the stairs and pick up the disrty laundry more often. It looks bad to see loads of dirty laundry every morning on every floor in the corridor. The rest was quite ok!!

The best matresses ever, rooms are spacy and really new and clean for a hostel. Staff is also friendly and helpful. Thank you for everything. Highly recommended!

• 11th Sep 2013

There is no luggage room, you have the option of leaving your belongings in the front room in the corner, and if a staff member isn't sleeping they'll glance over at it occasionally. They do not provide free city maps nor do they take credit cards. BE SURE TO GET A RECEIPT!!!! I extended my stay for two additional nights and paid cash. When I checked out was told I owed money and when they called the person I gave the money to she lied and said I didn't pay! Bad customer service if staff steals!

• 7th Sep 2013

The receptionist and staff were really friendly, thanks to them we had great time there.the kitchen is nice and common room is very comfortable.they also have a nice terrace.it was well cleaned.couple of minutes to taksim square. There is a bar next to the hostel which is a bit noisy but all of the neighbourhood would be the same noisy. Recommended.

If you want to go to a cheap hostel, in an amazing location, and meet other travelers, then this is the place for you. The owners Omur and Omush are super awesome. I love Merve, she was phenomenal, make sure to give her a hug and have her guess your astrological sign. My trip to Istanbul wouldn't have been nearly as amazing without them. Expect to meet people here and have fun. It is very laid back here.

Dear dave, this is Merve, Thank you very much for your being here, it was a pleasure to host such nice and cute people like you! You know we say 'See You!'' So, hope to See You soon dear Dave!!! :)

Arrives late at night, we were shown to two bunks in a 6 bed dorm. We could hear and feel the vibrations of the music from next door as soon as we entered the room. As our beds were against the wall, there was no chance of sleeping at all that night, as music continued till 5am. Reception didn't open until 2 hours later than scheduled. Staff were rude and unapologetic regarding the noise throughout the night. She did note that we should have been warned but that's as far as it went.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Lovely place. Best location in Istanbul. VERY clean, probably the cleanest, tidiest hostel I've ever stayed in. All the rooms are very light and airy, and nicely decorated. Met many other travellers but generally the atmosphere is not as traveller-ish as some other hostels, but maybe this is just Istanbul! I'd stay again without a doubt!

I am mortally offended! The room (Private Bedroom Shared Bathroom) we booked had a maximum height of 1,50m and an average heigt of 1,20m! We needed to stoop down already on the entrance. There was just a terrible sliding door with gaps (no privacy). Maybe there was even fungi on the wall in our room. In another room there was definately fungi! The window was small (40x40 cm). People walked on the roof. Toilet tissues were always missing. The staff was not friendly and totally desinterested!

Our dear Guest, thank you for your comment and sorry for your bad experience. First of all we have no fungi or humudity in non of our rooms and never heard a complaint lıke this before from any guest. And In the reservation part, its clearly mentioned that this is an attic room and has a height of 170cm (not 150cm) and thats why the price is such low in such location. Maybe you had a bad experience in total but we believe that comments should be made objectively to help other travellers

The hostel is very well located, less than 3 mins to Taksim Square. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and very good at communication, and are available 24h. As a person who have stayed at many hostels in Istanbul, Arch Ist is really much better than other highly priced hostels. I definitely recomment it.

Great location, very friendly staff, and cheap rates. Unfortunately minor flooding occurred when we used the shower in our room (not sure if this is a persistent problem or if it was just our luck), and the wifi did not reach my room on the 3rd floor, but otherwise satisfied!

• 29th Jul 2013

Staff aren't super professional, they're more just hired to make sure the place doesn't burn down. small lockers in the room, there's a bit of threadbare nature to the place but the location is excellent and i was very happy with everything else.

staff seem like they're just there to keep the peace and make sure the place doesn't burn down. don't get me wrong, they are very nice, and helpful when they can be, but i didn't feel like they were "professional hostelworkers" you know? that being said, rooms were good, shower was good, location is EXCELLENT, and i was very happy with my time there.

Hostel is very easy to find. We were in a 6 mixed dorm with ensuite. The ensuite wasn't very clean and floor was always wet. The staff were helpful, hostel was nice. Would stay here again

Thanks to the staff for being so friendly and helpful.

Very beautiful hostel. Good airconditioning and confortable beds.

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Spain

Great location, very clean, friendly and helpful staff. I had a problem with my locker but they fixed it and gave me a refund on the lock!

Arch-Ist Hostel is a fantastic place to stay! Awesome location and fantastic staff who were more than willing to help and give hints and tips - the girls sent us to a delicious waffle place on the Asian side!! The rooms were nice and both them and the ensuite were clean. Aircon in the room was helpful! Close to Taxsim Square and also within walking distance to transport and Gallata Tower area. Common area isn't huge but kitchen is helpful and well equipped. Would definitely recommend!