Archi Rossi Hostel Reviews

via Faenza 94 Red, Florence, Italy

Pretty expensive hostel, but good location, near the train station, breakfast was pretty good and you can't go wring with a 1 Euro pizza for dinner. Rooms are pretty small, and beds comfy, but not really a party hostel if that's what you're looking for.

The hostel is in a great position and is really cheap, so you can't honestly expect much. The room was big but there were nine beds and one bathroom, when I'd actually booked a six beds room, and I personally thought it could have been kept cleaner. Breakfast was very varied, so kudos for the wide choice of food, but not really for the quality. I didn't really feel very welcome, but I've actually stayed there for one night only, so I guess I can't really judge that. Overall, it wasn't that bad.

It's a nice location and has all basic amenities. The room has a small cupboard for every bed. Breakfast spread is good but they dont re-fill so it is better to go early. You can do laundry.. although it aint free. Also they have a small restaurant with reasonable pricing.

I really liked this hostel, my room was a bargain and quite big, the 1 euro deal for pizza / pasta this month was amazing! Occasionally it could get a bit noisy at night with me being on the ground floor but things quietened down by midnight. Good drinks prices in receiption as well. I'd recommend it fully!

Great location staff. Due to the size of the hostel, it could sometimes feel a tad impersonal and you only really met people in your own room, unless you found new people at breakfast. There wasn't any introduction or information as you normally get at smaller hostels. The breakfast spread was great- even had tiramisu which was wacky but good! Location was brilliant for site seeing. Bathrooms were really big and clean, however there were a few hairs on blankets.

This was my first experience of a hostel and it was fantastic. Rooms are basic but very clean, the hostel is lovely with murals on the walls and a pretty courtyard with statues. I ate a spaghetti and salad dinner which cost me just 2 Euro's. I would definitely stay here again thoroughly recommend it.

• 6th Oct 2014

The hostel is very clean and staff is nice. Best breakfast I ever have during this trip, free tour walk around Florence, really nice hostel.

Excellent hostel, would definitely stay again! Spent 3 nights in a hotel then one in this hostel, breakfast was far better at the hostel, probably the biggest spread I've seen in 2 months of travel in Europe! Friendly staff, good wifi, cheap dinners (1 euro pizza!). Overall, super impressed!

Archi Rossi is perfect for backpackers, that's all I can say. Laundry, hot water & ice water, one euro pizza for dinner... Truely a great place for me to stay in Florence.

Very good location, close to train station, short walking distance to Duomo and other attraction of Florence. Good place to stay in reasonable price. I would stay there again. Thank you Archi Rossi :)

No words cab describe breakfast... I'd stay here again just for that! Not to mention the delicious dinners you can buy for cheap! :) super location and very clean!!! :)

I stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm with ensuite. Pretty small room, lockers were awkward to get to without waking people up, but overall pretty good for the price. Excellent dining/restaurant area, easy to meet new friends. Breakfast was a kinda weird selection, including lasagne, fried rice, tiramisu and grilled eggplant. But hey it's free. The €1 dinner menu was amazing! And the free wifi was great, no problems.

Booking was for 2 nights, 1st night in a doublebed room, 2nd in a 6bed room (due to online booking fault, room was already booked at the hostel but reflected as available on the website). Korean lady at reception was welcoming, the other staffs not so much. We asked the reception guy if there was an available room for us to extend 1 night, were told that there was but we had to make the booking the next day (no promise of it to be still available), rudely told us to "find another place then".

The best: location, rooms with bathroom, lockers, hairdryer, even a PC! Breakfast included and very cheap dinners, good option if you are on a tight budget. Also the completely free walking tours of the city. The worse: the coffee and the awful amount of plastic waste created out of plates and cutlery. Please change this. There are paper plates and organic cutlery, or you could invest on a washing machine and a person to load it.

Staff was less than attentive and helpful, breakfast was not something to write home about either. Room was clean and the large lockers were perfect for making sure my belongings were secure.

The hostel was extremely loud. There was noise and yelling in the hallways until after midnight. It was hard to sleep with the noise.

• 19th Sep 2014

Please hand some hooks in the washroom. When taking a shower there's no where to hang your towels..

I stayed in Archi Rossi for 2 nights and really satisfied with the hostel. They offer free walking tour every day and our tour guide was very informative and helpful. I stayed in a 5-bed female dorm room. The bathroom was a bit small and didn't look very clean but it was acceptable. We got free breakfast in the morning. Location was very close to Firenze SMN train station. The neighborhood can look a bit dark and shady in the night but we didn't have any problem.

This hostel is in prime location so close to all the major sights in Florence. 2 minute walk to SMN train station. The hostel has great facilities, free breakfast and very clean rooms. Would recommend to anyone.

Massive hostel= 0 atmosphere Evening staff incredibly unhelpful Free walking tour was a plus Not enough bathrooms per floor for residents Location decent

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6