Archi Rossi Hostel Reviews

via Faenza 94 Red, Florence, Italy

The hostel is located 2 mins from the Santa Maria Novella train station and 5 mins from the San Lorenzo leather market so the location is awesome. I requested a 10:00am check in but I had to wait until 2:00pm. They allow you to leave luggage though which is nice. The luggage room off the lobby could be more secure, but the cabinet/lockers in the room are very secure. I didn't like that I had to go outside to get to my room as it was raining during my stay. Breakfast and wifi were both good.

this hostel gives u wt u need,v helpful staff,free breakfast free dinner free wifi free helpin u print tickets,no matter wt u ask,they will help,n provide big lockers,own key,breakfast n dinner r fantastic,many choices,..many toilets n shower rooms..only the staff in the mornin shift is nt nice, otherwise, all things r gd!excellent!

I really liked it here: close to the train station, and duomo, and other sites, plus the breakfast buffet is excellent and he free walking tours are great too! The rooms have huge lockers and the em suite restrooms were clean. It can get a bit loud at night on the patio with people chatting but that's a small downside to this place and likely to be found elsewhere too. I would reccomend this hostel to anyone traveling to Florence.

The breakfast and dinner is very good. But room's condition is just soso. I'm just soso. Not bad.

Great hostel for staying over! Clean and quiet. Extremely helpful reception, we were given free maps of the city and offered a free morning tour. Our window faced the little yard which was really nice. The only thing that Confused me a lot is that there was no soap / shampoo in the bathroom at all! It was very lucky that we had some with us, otherwise we'd be dirty as hell... Except for this strange moment, everything else was great.

The staff was very nice. we had a problem with the door lock and they fixed right away. It's very close to the train station. I loved the free pasta and they also offer free tours in english.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • vanessamundim

Fantastic breakfast, very handy for the train station and walkable distance to most sights.

I was staying at the privet suite. Because I was on my own I was given a very small, kind of uncomfortable room (strangely shaped, long room) at the end of the cordial. It was cold and impossible to move within. Of course I was charged double even though I can't imagine two people staying in there. TV and computer were not working. Every one was very friendly though, especially the house keeping lady. Great location especially if you're planning to travel around Florence.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Poland

Dinner was very cheap and easy. Great great breakfast included, so much food! Big lockers, and ensuite bathrooms.

Location was pretty close to city center and the map they provided was helpful.

Pretty expensive hostel, but good location, near the train station, breakfast was pretty good and you can't go wring with a 1 Euro pizza for dinner. Rooms are pretty small, and beds comfy, but not really a party hostel if that's what you're looking for.

The hostel is close to the train station. But during our stay, they have a construction in front of our room where we cannot have space to relax outside the room. It would be better if the share bathroom and toilet are outside the room because the wall is so thin and it disturb other people who stay in the same room. The wifi is good. We would not staying here again.

The hostel is in a great position and is really cheap, so you can't honestly expect much. The room was big but there were nine beds and one bathroom, when I'd actually booked a six beds room, and I personally thought it could have been kept cleaner. Breakfast was very varied, so kudos for the wide choice of food, but not really for the quality. I didn't really feel very welcome, but I've actually stayed there for one night only, so I guess I can't really judge that. Overall, it wasn't that bad.

It's a nice location and has all basic amenities. The room has a small cupboard for every bed. Breakfast spread is good but they dont re-fill so it is better to go early. You can do laundry.. although it aint free. Also they have a small restaurant with reasonable pricing.

I really liked this hostel, my room was a bargain and quite big, the 1 euro deal for pizza / pasta this month was amazing! Occasionally it could get a bit noisy at night with me being on the ground floor but things quietened down by midnight. Good drinks prices in receiption as well. I'd recommend it fully!

Great location staff. Due to the size of the hostel, it could sometimes feel a tad impersonal and you only really met people in your own room, unless you found new people at breakfast. There wasn't any introduction or information as you normally get at smaller hostels. The breakfast spread was great- even had tiramisu which was wacky but good! Location was brilliant for site seeing. Bathrooms were really big and clean, however there were a few hairs on blankets.

This was my first experience of a hostel and it was fantastic. Rooms are basic but very clean, the hostel is lovely with murals on the walls and a pretty courtyard with statues. I ate a spaghetti and salad dinner which cost me just 2 Euro's. I would definitely stay here again thoroughly recommend it.

• 6th Oct 2014

The hostel is very clean and staff is nice. Best breakfast I ever have during this trip, free tour walk around Florence, really nice hostel.

Excellent hostel, would definitely stay again! Spent 3 nights in a hotel then one in this hostel, breakfast was far better at the hostel, probably the biggest spread I've seen in 2 months of travel in Europe! Friendly staff, good wifi, cheap dinners (1 euro pizza!). Overall, super impressed!

Archi Rossi is perfect for backpackers, that's all I can say. Laundry, hot water & ice water, one euro pizza for dinner... Truely a great place for me to stay in Florence.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6