Archi Rossi Hostel Reviews

via Faenza 94 Red, Florence, Italy

Cute hostel close to the train station and all the attractions. Not enough room between top and bottom bunks, but every bed had its own power point and a big locker. Excellent breakfast everyday.

Everything was great except for one cranky old man who use to be at the reception at night. Once I just went to the hostel to drop some stuff I bought. I was accompanied by an Italian colleague from the university who lives in Florence. Then this guy harshly told us that only guests are allowed upstairs. That is perfectly fine. Then I told my friend that it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes. The cranky old man then thought I was talking to him and yelled: 5 or 10 minutes, it doesn't matter.

The free breakfast is fantastic, it is the best among all (>10) hostels i lived and i would definitely go for this hostel again. However, the bathroom is constantly quite dirty and smelly so be aware of that.

I booked this hostel because of the walking tour. This was nice, they have 2 different tours. Furthermore the hostel had all the facilities you need, but because it was a large hostel it was missing a bit of a hostel spirit.

Staff was nice, place was clean and breakfast was good. Our AC didn't work, was just circulating air. Not too bad but when we opened the windows Mosquitos would bite us. Lockers were big and people in our room were very friendly. I was a bit sad that there wasn't really a place to socialize so I only met people in our room and the walking tour. Never saw them again though. I wish they converted their breakfast place into a more welcoming place so people would socialize. Great free walking tour!

This Hostel has a good layout and facilities. But it ends there. The shower never drained correctly and made the room and the connecting dorm incredibly Hot! The room was so hot I woke up sweating every night. Also, this Hostel was 90% Asian guests, which is fine if you like that, but I like diversity. The breakfast was awful but it's free unlimited espressos. Honestly, I would not recommend staying here.

1- in the hostel there are staff who work for resolve the problem, just asking and we will help everybody 2- in the room you have air condition, and you can manage by yourself 3- the breakfast have many choice maybe was not good for you, but we provide fresh and excellent food. 4- the Asian people love us. Fortunately for you in Florence there are many hostel!

I would propose to put some mosquito net on the window, the airconditioning is not necessary and not sufficient to provide "good air" during the night, I could not sleep because the air was smelly and sticky with 8 people in a small room. If we could open the window it could be better, but there where many mosquitos outside. This is my suggestion, I am not able to sleep without "air". Thank you!

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Chile

Thank-you for staying with us, first of all you reserved originally in 8 beds room but we give to you a dormitory with 6 beds private shower and toilette, secondo of all in the room we provide anti-mosquitos, second of all all room have air condition and you can settle by yourself, maybe you should sleep in a double room next time Grazie!

It's a of the best hostels that i has been.

great free breakfast

this hostel had a wonderful vibe. The inside really surprises you when you just see it from outside . The staff was extremely helpful and the facilities made me feel like i was at home . but what i cannot forget to mention is the breakfast . its the highlight of the hostel for me .

• 27th Aug 2015
  • India

Great hostel very helpful and pleasant staff, free walking tour, breakfast and air con are great!

Brilliant hostel which is so close to the train station and only a 5 to 10 minute walk from the city centre. Breakfast is worth waking up early for with tasty Italian cakes, eggs and off course pasta. Staff was brilliant at giving advice about everything. Also offer free walking tours and plenty of paid tours to see more of the Tuscany region. The hostel is really modern and very cool with paintings everywhere and a great outdoor area. Highly recommend this hostel!

Loved my stay here! The staff were really friendly, the included breakfast was really nice too. It's in such a convenient location as it's very close to the main train station. Wifi worked great everywhere and it had everything you needed there.

bed and bathroom are clean, Common area(the garden) is big and nice, but no kitchen and the breakfast only apply until 9:30am. It is close to the attractions.

Dear Guest, we clearly specify that we don't have kitchen in our hostel, we provide forks, knife, spoon, glass, fridge, microwave, water dispenser with hot and cold water one more thing frozen Italian food, thank-you for staying with us.

Very nice and clean hostel. Nice big lockers to store your things as well. The only downside is that the shower did not drain well at all and there was no hand soap in the bathroom. Also the bottom Bunk beds are very small and you can't sit down without hitting your head.

I think this was my favorite hostel in Europe! The other guests were very friendly and the breakfast was great.

It's not a fancy boutique hostel. It's exactly how I like: simply but good location, very clean. The atmosphere is not very good if you like me are not Asian, but the staff is very nice! I would recommend it for everyone.

The location of Archi Rossi was great, and the staff is very helpful. Loved breakfast! It was such a good selection of food, can't ask for more. The left luggage room is very helpful, thank you for that. Bathrooms and toilets were clean, though having a bath mat would be better so that we don't leave the floor so wet. Also, please don't recommend Trattoria Zaza to anyone for lasagne. Didn't like it! Unless they want vegetarian lasagne... =/

Archi Hostel is one of the best hostel I been. Staff was really nice and it was good to they have Korean staff. Also room was like hotel big and clean. Breakfast was great too. Certainly go this hostel again.

It was a great hostel, great location, and a dessert bar for breakfast. Need I say more?