Archipelago Hostel Old Town Reviews

Stora Nygatan 38, Stockholm, Sweden

This hostel was very unpleasant. Gave us 1 key for 2 people, the 1st thing we saw was a list of all their rules, it was totally aggressive. It's tiny and people's rooms are in the bathroom and reception area, you can hear everything. Other hostels have a friendly/chill atmosphere, this place was the opposite. When I returned after checking out to use the restroom, the employee working there YELLED at me and kicked me out and threatened to charge me again - the way they treat paying guests!

Very well situated, in the middle of Galma Stan (old city), bicycles and supermarket up two squares. Staff is pretty good, very helpful. The rooms are little, but it's not a place tu stay longer.

On every door , even the refregerator were signs ; Don't do this, don't do that. we did'nt feel welcome at all. we had to pay 7 euro extra for the sheets, wich wasn"t on the site. In the shower was no room to get dressed The kitchen was tiny, cramped and to small for the number of rooms. The community area/kitchen closed at 21.30. On every violation of the rules you would get a high fine. Strange smell in the hallway. Room was cramped. In short; we don"t recommend it. No value for money.

I really liked the room and the location was good as well. I was quiet disappointed about the missing staff. The Check in was quiet difficult because at the first moment I didn't realize that there is no staff present (for people who didn't speak fluently english it will be a hard challenge to find all needed information). Nevertheless, the room and the bathroom were clean. One more negative thing was the missing breakfast!

Our stay was enjoyable. We booked a private rooms and had no complaints whatsoever. Room was tidy. Quiet neighbourhood and very close to everything. Perfect location. Bathroom was clean too although there was one thing that "bothered" us. When showering there was a timer of approximately 10 minutes for the hot water. I do not have any problems with that, it could have been pointed out on a sign. Furthermore we checked out earlier than checkout time and this was not a problem.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Strong points: -free wifi (connection was okay, not great, but hey it's free) -clean room and bathroom Weak points: -beds were unbelievably squeaky, all 4 of us woke up multiple times during the night and none of us really felt well rested -having to pay for bedsheets is not unheard of, but it could have been indicated more clearly beforehand that there would be charged an additional fee for this (especially when sleeping bags are not allowed) Final score: meh/10

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Even though it's cheap the facilities are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Exellent location with walking distance to everything.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

We had a really good time and enjoyed the stay very much.

• 11th Mar 2015

The hostel was nice and clean. The location is perfect in the middle of gamla stan you can reach most sights on foot Including the train station in about fifteen minutes. Unfortunatley the hostel has no baggage storage room so there is no possibility to leave your back after checking out. And the kitchen is very small and not much possbility to cook.

Staff are essentially non existent, only manning the desk for a few hours a day. There are three showers for the entire hostel and you have to push a button every ten seconds to continue the flow of water which is extremely frustrating. Good location.

• 26th Dec 2014

Hostel staff is on duty 24 hours. Showers are equipped with timers (but not stopping every 10 seconds) in order to preserve our natures resources and save fresh water. There are several showers located on each floor.

I was not really satisfied when I found that I need to pay extra for renting bedding sheets (no travellers staying hostel will bring their own bedding...). I arrived at 5pm, but there was no staff so I needed to call the hostel to get in the inner door. And there was no microwave or kitchen. But its location was good.

The kitchen is equipped with microwave and all other facilities needed. Bedding is mandatory and client may bring their own or rent a complete set at SEK 65 as informed on all booking sites and hostel websites. Hygien is of great importance. /Manager.