Archipelago Hostel Old Town Reviews

Stora Nygatan 38, Stockholm, Sweden

The wifi wasn't working as it should be.

The best thing about this hostel are the location and the cleanliness.

Was perfect for 4 girls in Stockholm for a week. There are few bathrooms but it's a small hostel so they were always free. Everything was clean but the bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke. Room was small but clean. Kitchen is nice. There was noise from the street on weekends but nothing too bad & earplugs helped. There were many old men staying there and it was awkward sharing showers with them so I would recommend an age limit for the hostel or at least separate facilities for men & women.

• 28th Mar 2014
  • Norway

Hi and thanks for your input and your stay with us About the cigarette smoke we have contact the owner of the house about it to check from where it come. We will never put a age limit in our Hostel we think what's amazing is that it is all age in our Hostel.. The showers and toilets you can lock and we had never, never had problem in our Hostel about that. The group of men you met where here for a conference / Management

Location was PERFECT, but that was about it. You have to rent sheets, room was tiny, you can barely move but it was ok because we used the room only for sleeping. Shower was AWFUL. You have to push the button in every 5 seconds to get water. SERIOUSLY. Staff was nice, we left our luggage there after the check out and they said that we have to get our stuff before 6. We were there at 5.30 but no one was there and lights were off. What if someone couldve stole our stuff? Gladly that didnt happen.

Hi! About the water is about environmental awareness and regarding your luggage, we are never liable over someone's luggage. If you want to feel 100% safe, there is a note at the front desk calling to lock them up at Central Station.

Located in the very old town (Gamla stan), 1 minute to T-bana Gamla stan, 5 minutes to the Royal Palace. Staff were nice & always ready to help (gave me an advice where to have lunch and let me leave luggage at reception till I have a train to an airport). The room #10 for 4 people is pretty good, a bit small, furnished with bunk beds (that honestly creak & get shaken by any move), two chairs, a folding table & a locker (padlocks for rent- 20, SEK). WiFi was not available during my 3-night stay

A very nice hostel in the middle of Gamla Stan (Old Town). Great location, really quiet, has a small but nice and clean kitchen. The room was a bit cold, but that's maybe the only downside of the place. All in all, we had a very pleasant stay!

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Finland

Amazing place! I felt welcome as soon as I entered the place. Staff was really nice and chatty, not just helpful - even better. Facilities are ok. Clean but only mixed shorwers/toilettes but as they were clean and I was always the only one there it was more than ok. The location is amazing, nothing more to say about that. The room was good, the beds were really good, rarely slept that good in a hostel! If I come back to Stockholm and need a place to stay, I defo book this place again!

Awesome place! I wish there was a large common area with sofas, so that there would be a better chance to meet other travelers.

• 7th Dec 2013

The hostel has a really good location being right in the middle of old town and on the walking distance from central station. Everything was in order and organized, the only down part was that most of the time there was simply no one at the reception, but when there was someone there they were helpfull.

Staff members we're great and the location is amazing!

I had a great time here. The hostel was clean, people were mindful, and it was really centrally located. The only thing was that there weren't any lockers in our room, but I could still lock some of my stuff to the bed. All in all, I was really please with my stay.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Great location in Old Town Stockholm. The rooms were a bit crowded, but very nice. This hostel lacks common areas, and the hallway is unfortunately the gathering point if you're on the lower floor. The building is shared with other tenants. Staff was outstanding and made arrangements for an after-hours arrival. The entire building was extremely clean, especially the bathrooms.

First when we came we thought that the hostel was really clean and nice. We stayd at room3. We returned to the room at 11pm and saw a BEDBUG! After that me and my friends were really paranoid and disgusted. We wanted to change room but reseption was closed. We didn't sleep almost at all and when we waked up we found five bedbugs more. When we were leaving we told to the reseption that we had bedbugs. The lady was so fake when she pretented to be sorry. People before us also complayned the same.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Finland

I LOVED the hostel! People were very nice and willing to help and suggest all important places to visit in Stockholm :)

Good value if you are looking for a great location and don't mind it being somewhat run down. It may seem a bit expensive, but everything in the area of Old Town, Stockholm is greatly overpriced. The staff is great and you can ask them a lot of questions about the town.