Archipelago Hostel Old Town Reviews

Stora Nygatan 38, Stockholm, Sweden

It's a bit hard to get in the first time, cause you need the code, but when you know the codes, everything works just perfect. Excellent location, great value for money and very clean! Next time Stockholm I'll be definetely staying here again. Recommended!

• 28th Aug 2015

*4-bed room was quite good, but 6-bed room do not have enough space, so all roommates have to tell excuses to each other when moving. *Staff was diligent but, it makes quest uncomfortable, for example, he just come into the room around 10:00am withought knock and do his cleaning work. *The sheets and towel fee was charged with credit card but staff do not listen my word, and requested to pay 65 SEK again.. thanks to finding email history, I get compensated but I need cash not card cancenllation

• 6th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

No elevator Stuff is only there in the morning and has a bad attitude Noisy at night because of the bars outsiade We cannot store our luggage there Sucks!

Great place, nice people, and ABSOLUTELY clean!! :-) We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel. The surrounding is great, in the centre of the old town. There are only few negative aspects. One is the high level of noise (from the bars and the garbage truck etc) which makes it difficult to keep the windows open by night. The second part is the dark room with a relatively small kitchen. But there are more than enough alternitives in town. We would definitely book this hostel again.

• 4th Aug 2015

Hostel directly in the old town, very nice place! All in all a good place to stay!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Need to have an air vent in the kitchen.

Wish staff were around more in order to ask about recommendations for eating and where to go and what to see.

We arrived at 3pm (which is apparently late check in) and found that the only contact we had with staff was through the door speaker. We had to ask another guest where the keys were as we were not provided with that information. The keys were left on a radiator in an envelope and we had to find our own room which was a first. The signs round the hostel were rather aggressive with all the things we could not do. All in all not a friendly and welcoming environment.

Staff was super friendly & helpful. The security of the building and the bedrooms is great. Don't expect large lockers - there were a couple small ones in the room for valuables (I think you had to bring your own lock - I didn't use them). The location in the center of the old town is fantastic - it's within walking distance of the main train station as well (with my heavy luggage, it was about 15 minutes). The room I was in was small, but decent and clean, as were the bathrooms & kitchen.

Good hostel to stay for a few nights in Stockholm, very well located and not expensive.

• 13th Jun 2015

noisy at night, mainly because of the pubs around.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Some Informations about getting into the hostel, getting the keys and so on, before arriving there would have been nice: I needed to help myself after arriving there

This hostel was very unpleasant. Gave us 1 key for 2 people, the 1st thing we saw was a list of all their rules, it was totally aggressive. It's tiny and people's rooms are in the bathroom and reception area, you can hear everything. Other hostels have a friendly/chill atmosphere, this place was the opposite. When I returned after checking out to use the restroom, the employee working there YELLED at me and kicked me out and threatened to charge me again - the way they treat paying guests!

Excellent location, however I never actually met a staff member in my time here. There is not much of an atmosphere here; all you are really paying for is a bed and a roof and a shower and the location. Which is fine! I just wish the price reflected that a little more.

Hostel was nice. The bathrooms and rooms were clean and a great location. But the staff was VERY rude. We were out of our room at checkout time and just needed to use the bathrooms to clean up before leaving and we were told if we didn't leave in 15 minutes we would be charged another night. Extremely unaccommodating and unwelcoming.

• 14th May 2015

Very well situated, in the middle of Galma Stan (old city), bicycles and supermarket up two squares. Staff is pretty good, very helpful. The rooms are little, but it's not a place tu stay longer.

On every door , even the refregerator were signs ; Don't do this, don't do that. we did'nt feel welcome at all. we had to pay 7 euro extra for the sheets, wich wasn"t on the site. In the shower was no room to get dressed The kitchen was tiny, cramped and to small for the number of rooms. The community area/kitchen closed at 21.30. On every violation of the rules you would get a high fine. Strange smell in the hallway. Room was cramped. In short; we don"t recommend it. No value for money.

I really liked the room and the location was good as well. I was quiet disappointed about the missing staff. The Check in was quiet difficult because at the first moment I didn't realize that there is no staff present (for people who didn't speak fluently english it will be a hard challenge to find all needed information). Nevertheless, the room and the bathroom were clean. One more negative thing was the missing breakfast!

Our stay was enjoyable. We booked a private rooms and had no complaints whatsoever. Room was tidy. Quiet neighbourhood and very close to everything. Perfect location. Bathroom was clean too although there was one thing that "bothered" us. When showering there was a timer of approximately 10 minutes for the hot water. I do not have any problems with that, it could have been pointed out on a sign. Furthermore we checked out earlier than checkout time and this was not a problem.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Belgium

Strong points: -free wifi (connection was okay, not great, but hey it's free) -clean room and bathroom Weak points: -beds were unbelievably squeaky, all 4 of us woke up multiple times during the night and none of us really felt well rested -having to pay for bedsheets is not unheard of, but it could have been indicated more clearly beforehand that there would be charged an additional fee for this (especially when sleeping bags are not allowed) Final score: meh/10

• 23rd Mar 2015