Archipelago Hostel Old Town Reviews

Stora Nygatan 38, Stockholm, Sweden

There is only someone in in the morning at 9am. If you like to pay cash you have to catch the staff somehow, which is not easy. Don't expect to get any information/ expect the do's and dont's at the hostel. Overall the showers are clean, though the rooms are only cleaned if people move on (not even the bin is emptied) and they forget to clean below the bets. However, nice stay in central city; convenient located; Supermaket and bus/metro stop nearby; on weekends there is bit street noise.

The added room lockers were a good idea but they were only added after someone had their stuff stolen, and only 2 lockers for a room of 4 people isn't enough. Great hostel for a group, but otherwise no atmosphere an no common area to meet people. The push button showers are also really annoying. Great location though.

I booked a 2 bed mixed dorm and initially they put me in a 4 bed mixed dorm. When I asked the guy was persistently denying and I had to show him my booking. The answer I got is "wait for my colleague tmr" n tmr I had to leave at 7:30 am bfore his co worker even started! When I got back at the same nite I got a note to move me to a 3 bedroom mixed dorm, which was not rite on what I booked either n still got charged w the rate of 2 bed room. The story still continued. I highly not recommend this P

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Vietnam

It needs a living room or a place to stay and meet people

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Spain

The wireless was very unstable, which was quite annoying.

Location of this hostel is great, late checkin also worked fine. The hostel consists of two floors, at the second floor at least 12 beds are available and for all those people there is only one bathroom with a shower, a toilet and a sink and one toilet with a sink in a second room. The kitchen is very small, probably on the first floor as well, since lots of people came up to use the upper kitchen. All in all it was an below average hostel - the mood of the staff did not help either.

The only thing this place is lacking is a communal room. Adding one would give the hostel a lot more character. Ppl staying at hostels more than often do so to be able to meet new people, but this hostel doesn't offer that. Sadly this is something that a lot of hostels in Sthlm is lacking. Include the linnen in the price. It seems cheap to have a quite high nightly price, banning sleeping bags and then charge for the linnen. I know that this is common practice in Sweden, but it's still not ok.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 41+

A nice hostel in a very central location!

Wifi does not work properly. No common room worth mentioning (there is a small kitchen with no windows) so hard to meet people. Toilets are clean and good beds, but only 1 working locker (and 6 beds) in our room. No breakfast. However, it was one of the cheapest hostels in town and located right in the old city center. You get what you pay for, and if you value a good bed and clean toilets most, this is a good option.

• 7th Aug 2014

This place is a pensione, not a hostel. I waited 15 minutes outside the place since you have to wait to be buzzed in and there was only one staff looking after everything. There is no common room to hang out & thus no atmosphere. Kitchen's on a different floor of the hostel but not all guests are notified of it. No lockers in the rooms, no baggage storage for valuables after check-out. Reception is meant to operate only between 8am - 6pm but they don't even do that well. No tourist info provided

I haven´t been to other hostels around Stockholm, but I read some recommendations on this platform and I definitely can say that archipelago hostel was a good choice. Although it was a bit loud during the night, I enjoyed the lovely 3 bedroom overstay. It was clean with high walls, just right in the centre of gamla stan, not far to södermalm and the train station. We had two big windows and a tv in our room. furthermore the place was equipped with a kitchen and fridge to keep and cook own food.

• 1st Aug 2014

All was perfekt just the bad was not good for me to sleep it was too soft.i had back pain.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The internet was spotty, If I was not there to do a bit of work it would not have mattered. I also undersatnd Stockholm was hit with an unusual heat wave, but portable fans would have been nice to have. As it was we had to leave the windows open and the holiday tourists were noisy until 4am, then the recycling trucks arrived. I was much quieter when my partners stayed a few years ago in October.

• 26th Jul 2014

Really nice hostel! The manager is really funny and helpfull... Mys sister and I spent a really good moment in there.

Very centrally located in the old part of town. You got City to the North and Söder to the South. It's quiet and clean. And you get good value for your Money. We stayed on the second floor and here's just 1 shower (2 toilets) and it got a little crowded in the morning. We could've just walked downstairs though, as there are plenty of showers. TV in the room.

Bad information about time for incheckning and bad service by the staff.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Sweden

Dear guest. We are very sorry that you missed to read on the booking page and on our confirmation email we send to all our guests. It`s written very clear. That you experienced our receptionist that bad service minded is very sad, because she is very well liked by our guests. You both might have had a bad day / The Management

The girl at the reception was GREAT! :)

This was a great place to stay in Stockholm! The location, right in the heart of old town, can't be beat, and the staff were beyond kind. The showers are not the greatest layout, but they are SPOTLESS. Indeed, the whole hostel was clean as a whistle. I would certainly reccomend this to anyone looking for a safe, centrally located hostel. Only downside would be the common area, which is rather small, and located on the second floor.

• 27th Jun 2014

We had an excellent stay in the hostel. Very central in Gamla Stan, friendly staff, clean rooms and facilities, that all we needed for our days to spend in Stockholm.

• 25th Jun 2014

Everything was fine, well organized, friendly and very helpful staff. If I come back to Stockholm, I wil be your guest again. Thanks.

• 15th Jun 2014