Archipelago Hostel Old Town Reviews

Stora Nygatan 38, Stockholm, Sweden

A nice hostel in a very central location!

Wifi does not work properly. No common room worth mentioning (there is a small kitchen with no windows) so hard to meet people. Toilets are clean and good beds, but only 1 working locker (and 6 beds) in our room. No breakfast. However, it was one of the cheapest hostels in town and located right in the old city center. You get what you pay for, and if you value a good bed and clean toilets most, this is a good option.

• 7th Aug 2014

This place is a pensione, not a hostel. I waited 15 minutes outside the place since you have to wait to be buzzed in and there was only one staff looking after everything. There is no common room to hang out & thus no atmosphere. Kitchen's on a different floor of the hostel but not all guests are notified of it. No lockers in the rooms, no baggage storage for valuables after check-out. Reception is meant to operate only between 8am - 6pm but they don't even do that well. No tourist info provided

I haven´t been to other hostels around Stockholm, but I read some recommendations on this platform and I definitely can say that archipelago hostel was a good choice. Although it was a bit loud during the night, I enjoyed the lovely 3 bedroom overstay. It was clean with high walls, just right in the centre of gamla stan, not far to södermalm and the train station. We had two big windows and a tv in our room. furthermore the place was equipped with a kitchen and fridge to keep and cook own food.

• 1st Aug 2014

All was perfekt just the bad was not good for me to sleep it was too soft.i had back pain.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

The internet was spotty, If I was not there to do a bit of work it would not have mattered. I also undersatnd Stockholm was hit with an unusual heat wave, but portable fans would have been nice to have. As it was we had to leave the windows open and the holiday tourists were noisy until 4am, then the recycling trucks arrived. I was much quieter when my partners stayed a few years ago in October.

• 26th Jul 2014