Archipelago Hostel Old Town Reviews

Stora Nygatan 38, Stockholm, Sweden

The best location, right in the heart of old town. Good thing was that everyone has his own light and charger next to bed. However the one thing I didn't like was the fact that they automatically charged me money from my credit card for bedsheets and towels and nobody even asked us if we have our own or not.

The kitchen wasn't very well equipped (just one little pot) and closes at 9.30pm. When we arrived at 3 pm nobody was there and we had to speak with an unfriendly person over the housephone who told us just the access code. once we were inside there was an envelope with our key. Nobody told us there was a kitchen on the second floor and that we have to pay for sheets. On top of that you have pay with card or thr excat amount in cash because they have no cash.

• 14th Sep 2015

Our staff person was friendly, and by a happy mistake, there was an electrical issue in another room, so he gave my friend and me our own room! I loved the stone spiral staircase, and the kitchen upstairs with fridge was useful. The location is next to a bar with a band, so it was a bit loud outside our window in the evening, but we didn't find it too bothersome. I recommend Archipelago to travelers looking to stay in the pretty but tourist-heavy Gamla Stan old town.

It's a bit hard to get in the first time, cause you need the code, but when you know the codes, everything works just perfect. Excellent location, great value for money and very clean! Next time Stockholm I'll be definetely staying here again. Recommended!

• 28th Aug 2015

Excellent Gamla Stan location! The walk from Central Station is a bit longer than advertised- took me 15-20 minutes, but once you've lugged your bag there location couldn't be beat. Surprisingly quiet at night, too. I was in a 4 person room, but there were only 2 small lockers, which was inconvenient for a room full of solo travelers. I liked the discount on breakfast at the cafe across the street, too.

1 2 Next » last »