Archipelago Hostel Old Town Reviews

Stora Nygatan 38, Stockholm, Sweden

Wish staff were around more in order to ask about recommendations for eating and where to go and what to see.

We arrived at 3pm (which is apparently late check in) and found that the only contact we had with staff was through the door speaker. We had to ask another guest where the keys were as we were not provided with that information. The keys were left on a radiator in an envelope and we had to find our own room which was a first. The signs round the hostel were rather aggressive with all the things we could not do. All in all not a friendly and welcoming environment.

Staff was super friendly & helpful. The security of the building and the bedrooms is great. Don't expect large lockers - there were a couple small ones in the room for valuables (I think you had to bring your own lock - I didn't use them). The location in the center of the old town is fantastic - it's within walking distance of the main train station as well (with my heavy luggage, it was about 15 minutes). The room I was in was small, but decent and clean, as were the bathrooms & kitchen.

Good hostel to stay for a few nights in Stockholm, very well located and not expensive.

• 13th Jun 2015

noisy at night, mainly because of the pubs around.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Austria

Some Informations about getting into the hostel, getting the keys and so on, before arriving there would have been nice: I needed to help myself after arriving there

1 2 Next » last »