Arctic Adventure Hostel Reviews

337 W 33rd Ave, Anchorage, USA

Staff very helpful and we were able to leave luggage stored there when we went elsewhere for a few days

• 10th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

The guy in charge was not very helpful. I think he was bored

• 1st Jun 2014

Very big and clean kitchen. Good room size. Easy access to bus stop to downtown, and shopping at Walmart. Tips: many talks and free movies at federal building about Alaska. Walk to bus stop bus #7 to airport to rent car for last day to see distance attractions: Denali park, or Seward. ...and fly out.

Joe, the owner, runs a very clean, spacious, secure, and well-organized place. It is in walking distance to Walmart (most people come to Anchorage to stock up, so this is a big plus). There is good Wifi and the facility is in good condition. Exceeded my expectations.

• 4th May 2014

I arrived late at the hostel and the owner did not mind at all. Communication prior to arriving was excellent. The location was great because it was within walking distances to the convenient store. The owner provides great service and was knowledgeable about where to go in Alaska. The room was cleaned and comfortable. Huge kitchen that provides all of your needs. Would definitely stay here again.

Good hostel overall. The owner guy seems kinda quite and was not overly friendly but the other staff was very helpful and I had a good time overall.

Staffs are kind of rude.

Grumpy Staff

• 16th Aug 2013

enjoyed my stay immensely. clean and comfortable. am favorably impressed with kitchen. large and nice to cook in, although most people are just passing through. my advice is to stay in anchorage more than a night. it's a pleasant city if you explore it.

Is not our fault if you don't like your job. It's was so awful to get some information, just ask them something you will understand, on the top of that, I got bite by bugs in my bed.

• 20th Jul 2013

This was a very friendly and value oriented place. Being a little bit of a clean freak myself, I really appreciated how everything was kept so tidy, especially the bathroom! Joseph, the owner, and Tiffany, his helper, were great. They were both easy to talk to, and I had interesting conversations with each of them. They offered much helpful advice, including letting me know that there was a Wal-Mart nearby, which helped me save some cash.

• 21st Jun 2013

Very friendly hostess, Tiffany, and host/owner, Joe. They set me straight on seeing "bears" in the region of Anchorage. The place is clean, large, plenty of room to move around. Beds are comfy, and in double rooms there is a TV. There is plenty of information on what to see and do. They have loads of pamphlets and magazines on deciding where to go. I would recommend to fly into Anchorage and rent a car and just enjoy this magnificent place on earth.

The workers were very nice and helpful. The location is very convenient. It's not fancy, but the hostel is clean and offers all that you need. The guests were friendly. It was nice to meet people from so many different places.

• 7th May 2013
  • Poland

Staff is very nice, friendly and helpful. Cleanliness is top notch overall, kitchen useful and well-stocked. Some music or additional stuff (chairs, table) in the common room would be nice in my opinion, but that's not much.

The staff could be a bit nicer to the visitors. A bit of a loose cannon is the owner.

Staff was friendly, helpful with suggestions and directions. Surprisingly well stocked kitchen. This was our first stay at a Hostel, will definitely use them in future.

• 7th Sep 2012
  • Couple, 41+

The best hostel ever...

• 4th Sep 2012
  • Thailand

Centrally located with impeccable security. This staff is a walking encyclopedia of local knowledge. World class facilities combined with Chicago Cubs historians makes this place a one of a kind experience.

Had a private room with a shared bath. Loved it! Kitchen looked great too, but didnt use it myself. Bathroom was always tidy. Staff was nice and helpful. I will return! Thank you so much!

very helpful staff