Arctic Adventure Hostel Reviews

337 W 33rd Ave, Anchorage, USA

Fabulous, quiet, super clean hostel. It was like a home away from home. Close to a big supermarket, 30minute walk from town. Amazing prize, would 100% recommend.

• 29th Aug 2015

We only stayed there a few hours, because we needed some accomodation close to the airport. Staff was very helpul in helping us find a restaurant nearby and making a reservation for a taxito the airport. It duly arrived at 4 AM !

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We appreciate it.

When we raised concerns about the easily accessible windows in all of the rooms not locking (or even closing properly) the owner did not think this was a problem. Otherwise he was very pleasant and helpful and the facilities were very good. If you're worried about security look elsewhere, but if you're not worried it might be your best option in Anchorage.

Nice place, very clean and confortable. You would have to walk a little bit to downtown (about 20min walking), but its a good deal for the price. Staff is really good, always looking for guests well being and helped us a lot with directions and tips. Its kind of close to Walmart (5-10 min), which makes a good combination with the nice kitchen the hostel has.

• 10th Jun 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. We appreciate your feedback and are happy you enjoyed your stay!

Comfortable and very clean hostel. The private double was good value for money compared to the rest of Anchorage. It's pretty far from downtown (34th street, compared to 1st-8th streets having most of the action), but there are some good eating options within walking distance. There wasn't much going on there when we stayed. It's a good place to sleep for the night, but I wouldn't recommend it as a place to meet others and hang out. I would stay again if in need of a bed.

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We really do appreciate it. Wishing you well in your future travels!

The hostel was by far one of the cleanest I've ever stayed at. The management was just awesome. She was very courteous and answered all of my questions. I will definitely return when I come back. It was very clean and within walking distance to walmart and some food places. Again she was just amazing and probably one of the best managers I've ever had to deal with. She made my stay perfect. Oh and if you stay here remember to take your shoes off when you walk in. Rules of the house.

• 29th May 2015
  • panama777
  • Panama

Thank you so much for such kind words! Hope to see you again soon.

Staff very helpful and we were able to leave luggage stored there when we went elsewhere for a few days

• 10th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Right on a bus lines, close to various stores, excellent value for Anchorage.

The guy in charge was not very helpful. I think he was bored

• 1st Jun 2014

Very big and clean kitchen. Good room size. Easy access to bus stop to downtown, and shopping at Walmart. Tips: many talks and free movies at federal building about Alaska. Walk to bus stop bus #7 to airport to rent car for last day to see distance attractions: Denali park, or Seward. ...and fly out.

Joe, the owner, runs a very clean, spacious, secure, and well-organized place. It is in walking distance to Walmart (most people come to Anchorage to stock up, so this is a big plus). There is good Wifi and the facility is in good condition. Exceeded my expectations.

• 4th May 2014

I arrived late at the hostel and the owner did not mind at all. Communication prior to arriving was excellent. The location was great because it was within walking distances to the convenient store. The owner provides great service and was knowledgeable about where to go in Alaska. The room was cleaned and comfortable. Huge kitchen that provides all of your needs. Would definitely stay here again.

Good hostel overall. The owner guy seems kinda quite and was not overly friendly but the other staff was very helpful and I had a good time overall.

Staffs are kind of rude.

Grumpy Staff

• 16th Aug 2013

enjoyed my stay immensely. clean and comfortable. am favorably impressed with kitchen. large and nice to cook in, although most people are just passing through. my advice is to stay in anchorage more than a night. it's a pleasant city if you explore it.

Is not our fault if you don't like your job. It's was so awful to get some information, just ask them something you will understand, on the top of that, I got bite by bugs in my bed.

• 20th Jul 2013

This was a very friendly and value oriented place. Being a little bit of a clean freak myself, I really appreciated how everything was kept so tidy, especially the bathroom! Joseph, the owner, and Tiffany, his helper, were great. They were both easy to talk to, and I had interesting conversations with each of them. They offered much helpful advice, including letting me know that there was a Wal-Mart nearby, which helped me save some cash.

• 21st Jun 2013

Very friendly hostess, Tiffany, and host/owner, Joe. They set me straight on seeing "bears" in the region of Anchorage. The place is clean, large, plenty of room to move around. Beds are comfy, and in double rooms there is a TV. There is plenty of information on what to see and do. They have loads of pamphlets and magazines on deciding where to go. I would recommend to fly into Anchorage and rent a car and just enjoy this magnificent place on earth.

The workers were very nice and helpful. The location is very convenient. It's not fancy, but the hostel is clean and offers all that you need. The guests were friendly. It was nice to meet people from so many different places.

• 7th May 2013