Arena Hostel Hamburg Reviews

Fangdieckstrasse 20, Hamburg, Germany

It was a good hostel, close to the metro and a grocery store as well as having a good kitchen. The lockers were also big enough for a back pack. The rooms were spacious and had a table and chairs. The staff were ok, the person who checked me in mixed up my reservation for a friend's and gave me a map in German when I speak English, on which he did not point out many things to do. We stayed on New Year's Eve which increased the prices but overall, it was a good place to stay.

The staff didn't really speak English, so anything except the payment was difficult to discuss.

Is this really a hostel? It was more like a Boutique Hotel. Really nice, friendly staff and helpful staff. The cleanliness too was also first-rate and our room was cleaned every day. The location was alright and it was pretty easy to get into central quickly enough. Next time I book though I will try to ensure that I actually get allocated a double bed as it made it harder to cuddle my girlfriend having a metal bedframe divide between us.

Excellent location and very friendly reception. The room was perfect for the money we paid. It is definitely the best choice for accommodation at an affordable price.

• 16th Oct 2015

We stayed at the hostel as a couple in a mixed room but I was the only female in a room with 5 men. Found that quite awkward. I'm 23 and most of the men were similar in age to me.However there was a man in his 50s who was In the bunk below me and he was messy, he snored and didn't take the fact I was there into consideration. We were told he had been there 8 months and I got the impression he thought he was in charge. he was noisy and the last night we booked in to a hotel so I could sleep

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Clean rooms and great Kitchen. A little bit out of town but the train station is only a couple of hundred metres away so it was easy to get into the city. The staff were helpful. The showers and bathrooms were also kept very clean.

A bit far away from the center but luckily it's next to a metro station. Not a great atmosphere to meet people. Only one staff member was nice and helpful. One woman was even very rude to me. I dislike the cash only and duvet rental policy, but it was at least clean. But I wouldn't stay here again.

The staff were very helpful when my plans needed to be changed and also when I needed to go to a place they helped me find the train connections etc.

• 21st Sep 2015

Fav hostel!! The lady working is adorable and so helpful. Beds are clean. Out of city centre which is always a nice break but also so close to the train! Bathrooms were amazing and best kitchen in Germany! Would stay here forever

Extremely nice room and bed. They were well cleaned, and the bathroom was very nice. My only qualm with this place was that it was a bit far out of the city center and kind of far away from a grocery store. Otherwise, it was very close to metro station that took regular trips into the heart of the city.

Staff helpful and freindly, the hostel is a bit far from the centre but it is next to a metro station. Not an ideal environment to meet people, but still not impossible either. Everything was clean and kitchen was good.

A great little hostel which i would have rated higher if it was in a better location. Admittedly the train station was a 2 minute walk and then the train was 15 minutes into the city, but it was at least a 30 minute trip to the nearest supermarket. I understand though it's main purpose is to serve the nearby stadium. Staff were great and its without a doubt the cleanest and most secure hostel i have stayed in. Kitchen is excellent and the complimentary sweets on the pillow is a nice touch.

the hostel is a bit out of the city center, around some kind of industrial area, but totally worth the price! it's surprisingly clean and nice. their kitchen is well equipped, perfect for even longer stay when you want to cook more. they don't provide breakfast, but the kitchen pays it off. the staffs were also helpful, making my stay (along with other 4 friends) were really convenient.