Arenal Backpackers Resort Reviews

350 meters west of central park, towards volcano, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

The location was convenient enough to town. The vibe of the place was good -social and laid back. The facilities were mostly clean. The pool was nice. The food was good but a little pricey. The staff was helpful. My only major complaint was the tent. I liked the idea of it - and yes, it was noisy at night but I was expecting that -- but my mattress was COVERED in mold and the small space reeked. It was hard to sleep once I realized what I was sleeping on. Overall, this place was just okay.

Awesome hostel with a good atmosphere! Very clean but the humidity around can sometimes makes the pillows smelly...

This is a great place to stay. I would recommend to anyone going near Arenal.

This hostel had a Warm friendly atmosphere and the pool was a hit with most residents. Although we found the room slightly shabby and expensive for what it was, it did have a nice wide screen TV and air conditioning. The staff, Freddy in particular were great at arranging taxis and tours for us and was fantastic throughout our stay.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The vibe of the hostel was really nice. The reggae music that they had going put me in the right mood. I was sleeping in the tents and it was great because I could hear the sound of the crickets that put me to sleep, very comfortable mattress. However, the wi-fi there is really weak and it should be fix. It was nice of them to also find my wallet when it went missing. I love the nearby town stores and restaurants and the forest that was not far away.

Great value for your money! Definitely can claim the name "resort" with the pool and lounge area. Just a short walk from everything you need in town. Staff is friendly, honest, and helpful. A note on security: The room keys didn't really work so everyone just resorts to climbing in and out of the room windows.

• 16th Jun 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here! The pool is absolutely sweet, and the overall atmosphere is good fun. Relatively pricey for a dorm bed though. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you value your personal space (The 8 bed dorms should definitely only have 6 beds in them)! Also, the staff were really unhelpful when we asked them how to do things cheaply! For example, we asked for a budget restaurant recommendation and were directed to a restaurant which had nothing cheaper than $20 on the menu.

Great place to stay: clean, safe and lots of activities on in the evenings to meet fellow travellers. Only downside was no kitchen and breakfast wasn't included. Tents, although a great idea, are not reccommended for anyone who doesn't like bugs - many unwanted creatures come up through the floorboards in the night!

Worth the money excellent place! We made lots of friends and had a great time, we'll definitely go back! :)

• 3rd Jun 2014

The facilities were very nice and the staff were very helpful. The music playing in the restaurant all day was loud and a little annoying. Otherwise it was a great place to stay.

• 31st May 2014

We had a lovely stay :) Lovely pool, cute and cosy tends, very nice common area, the staff was helpful. The bar/restaurant it's a little expensive though.

Great location and very friendly staff! An excellent place to meet other travellers/ backpackers.

• 27th May 2014

Awesome hostel. We were a bit worried about the tents but they were amazing. Diego was incredibly helpful. They also have great activities every night of the week. Loved every minute here.

Don't be deterred by the tent option; we had a great time in one. They stay dry and cool overnight, locked during the day (you can borrow a padlock), and have power. The place had a very youthful feel with themed parties every night, which can get loud and last well into the night.

Excellent!

1. There is loud music till 11pm every night. if you are not party animal, just don't go. The room is very smelly due to washroom and almost no wifi. 2. They sell food and water. The water is suspicious to be recycled. When i saw that the sealed (tap) was already broken, before i opened the bottle. 4. There is a swimming pool, but it is a decoration. There are garbages floting around. 5. The tend room does not have a key. Will you put your belonging in a place where every one can reach?

Arenal is one of those places for people who don't want only to sleep but also meet new people... and enjoy the pool. Prices of the restaurant and beers could be lower.

Stayed in the tents and it was definitely a great value. With four of us in one tent, however, apparently there wasn't room for bed frames but the mattresses on the floor were very good quality and comfortable. Noise was a bit of an issue, with the bar/reception music playing loud and clear through the canvas until 11p.m. My only other complaint would be the lack of benches or hooks in the shower rooms -- hard to keep things dry without leaving them outside. Beautifully maintained property.

This place was really fun with good people. There is a pool, large outdoor bar area, hammocks, slack line, etc. As tempting as it is to just stay at the facility, you have to get out and explore La Fortuna. The staff is really helpful. We booked all of our tours and transportation VERY last minute and the staff arranged it with a smile. We stayed in the tents and it was great (they give you a lock and locker for your valuables). You should really try the tents out if you don't do the dorms.

Great hostel! Beautiful grounds with a nice pool, lounges and lots of grass. Restaurant on site with good meals at reasonable prices. Tents were surprisingly spacious and comfortable. Pillows could be better but that's the only downside. Overall we loved our stay here

« first « Prev 1 2 3