Arenal Backpackers Resort Reviews

350 meters west of central park, towards volcano, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Hard to find a complaint here. Especially compared to other options in CR. They could do more to get everyone to interact... But really that's just personal observation.

The hostel in itself is awesome. They have a great pool and the rooms are really nice with private bathrooms. The staff was helpful enough, but they didn't seem happy to help. But it's really good value for the money, so I would def recommend staying there.

Very helpful and friendly front desk staff, good sangria at the bar, and great pool—also loved how it was right in the center of town!

Enjoyed the stay overall. The only thing was with the reception person. The reception only had one person working, and after the check-in, the guy said he'd sit down with us to chat about things to do here. But we ended up waiting for 2 hours for him to be free. We also ended up asking him twice before he was able to provide further info. Also got the most amount of wrong information at this hostel regarding anything at all.

Great place! Awesome staff!! Very secure! Had a great time there! Would DEFINITELY recommend to others!! A++++

• 17th Apr 2014

I had a great time at my time in the Hostel and actually extended my stay because I liked it so much! Staff were friendly, beds were comfortable and the atmosphere was great. I'd definitely stay again :)

Probably the nicest hostel I've stayed at, the pool is pretty sweet.

Had a nice stay here, great atmosphere and great place to hang

• 6th Apr 2014

This place was pretty nice. We stayed in one of the tents and actually slept pretty well even though we were there during their summer. Something to note is that this place definitely qualifies as a party hostel. They play loud music that you can hear from every room until about 10-11pm every night. That said, it never bothered us because we were usually up until 10 anyway. The staff was very helpful in planning our excursions. Ask ahead of time if you can just a taxi to the place you want to go

This is a really nice place - like a motel. The food is a little expensive. It's great to have a pool and they have lots of tours and are really easy to work with to book something. The staff is a little distant and doesn't really go out of their way to tell you how you can do things in the town. It was really clean and they have lots of showers and toilets which is great. But they are all on the ground floor which is a bit inconvenient if you're room is upstairs.

Great place to stay, great environment, ability to meet many people if you want, has wifi and a little restaurant/bar which also helps meeting people. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful in booking tours and getting around.

Great place to stay, though more like a hotel then a hostel as they lacked a kitchen. Overall a good time.

• 25th Mar 2014

Really liked this hostel. In fact it doesn't look much like a hostel but a hotel. I highly recommend it.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Iran

Wonderful place to stay. T Staff in the morning is really helpful

I didn't have the opportunity to stay at the hostel because I missed my reservation due to a late arrival. I still got a great service from the reception guy, he told me we could use all the hostel facilities and also helped me with the tours I enjoyed.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Venezuela

It was so lovely! Dont look like a hostel, feeling like a very good hotel. Great staff, absolutly clean and with so many lovely details. And a nice Pool for chilling, absolutly great!

The pool and swim-up bar was quite nice - the bar was provide-your-own alcohol, so you could either cheaply purchase alcohol in town or buy a drink from the bar and bring it over to the pool. The hammocks and trampoline were also lots of fun, the lockers for tent-stayers were large enough to store all our belongings, and the showers had good water pressure and water temperature. The only thing missing was a communal kitchen.

The place was great, really clean and new. My issue was with booking on this website. We told when we arrived that all bookings had to be done 48hours prior to arriving but the website lets you enter dates for the following day, takes your deposit and sends you confirmation that you have a reservation for said dates. So we'd booked to stay in the tent but ended up in a dorm. Apart from that the hostels cool

Our plan was to stay in Arenal for 3 nights, but we loved the hostel and tre people so we ended up staying for a week. Great to have a pool to have pool parties in during happy hour ;)

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Nothing bad to say execpt that matress in the individual room with shared bathroom is bad. Other matress are way better. This hostel have all you need to a thinkfree stay and the restaurant is good and cheap! A must book place! We saw many backpacker being told they were soldout for them to stay.