Arenal Backpackers Resort Reviews

350 meters west of central park, towards volcano, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

It's a party hostel. It says that quiet time is after 11pm,, but that is not true. If you want to sleep or have quiet before 1 or 1:30 am stay elsewhere. The staff was blasting bass heavy club music until after 1am, (they didn't even start their beer pong game until 11:00/11:30ish) So it's good for late night party but if you have to get up early the next morning you may be better off elsewhere.

• 31st Jul 2014

The facility is beautiful and the grounds are amazing. I made a reservation and had a confirmation email. I showed up and was told that my reservation couldn't be honored because it was less than 24 hours old. I understand this, but there should be some message or popup when booking that let's someone know, not an email with a "your reservation is confirmed!" message. I paid double the cost with no help or apologies from staff. And only cash was accepted. Frustrating.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I have been spoiled by super hostels recently which is why I am giving average points here.

• 22nd Jul 2014

It was OK. We booked a tent with two beds and we received a confirmation email for this, but when we arrived, it was not available. Also, the safe in the room we needed to rent had a broken safe. This room cost more than the tent, but the AC helped to dry our clothes.

• 21st Jul 2014

Just a very good Hostel. Go there if the price is okay for you!

If you want some hot eye candy then definitely go here! The hotel receptionists are the best looking I have ever seen! Also the room had a good TV, but more English channels would have been appreciated.

• 20th Jul 2014

Arenal is a good hostel. Staff at the reception is very snob and wont really help you for things that are not included in the excursions they offer. The place itself is nice, theres a pool, a restaurant/bar. In the dorms, lockers are IN the bathroom... so if someone is showering, you cannot acces your things.

The location was convenient enough to town. The vibe of the place was good -social and laid back. The facilities were mostly clean. The pool was nice. The food was good but a little pricey. The staff was helpful. My only major complaint was the tent. I liked the idea of it - and yes, it was noisy at night but I was expecting that -- but my mattress was COVERED in mold and the small space reeked. It was hard to sleep once I realized what I was sleeping on. Overall, this place was just okay.

Awesome hostel with a good atmosphere! Very clean but the humidity around can sometimes makes the pillows smelly...

This is a great place to stay. I would recommend to anyone going near Arenal.

1 2 3 Next » last »