Arenal Backpackers Resort Reviews

350 meters west of central park, towards volcano, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Great hostel and staff. I recommend anyone to stay here.

Great location and party atmosphere, really liked the pool and hammocks. The cost at $15 for a shared room is a bit high compared to other hostels, but I would go back again.

Tents were perfect for a couple's getaway. Tons of local options for daily activities and the hostel is very helpful in organizing those. Great food and drink plus relaxed and fun atmosphere! Highly recommend this place

• 27th Apr 2014

Real nice hostel. Stayed in a dorm, the lockers are real small and the sockets aren't near the beds. The WiFi was terrible and non-existant most days. The staff were nice and the rooms were clean. The pool and trampoline are awesome. Good view, 5 mins out of the town. The tours they offer are really overpriced!

Hard to find a complaint here. Especially compared to other options in CR. They could do more to get everyone to interact... But really that's just personal observation.

The hostel in itself is awesome. They have a great pool and the rooms are really nice with private bathrooms. The staff was helpful enough, but they didn't seem happy to help. But it's really good value for the money, so I would def recommend staying there.

Very helpful and friendly front desk staff, good sangria at the bar, and great pool—also loved how it was right in the center of town!

Enjoyed the stay overall. The only thing was with the reception person. The reception only had one person working, and after the check-in, the guy said he'd sit down with us to chat about things to do here. But we ended up waiting for 2 hours for him to be free. We also ended up asking him twice before he was able to provide further info. Also got the most amount of wrong information at this hostel regarding anything at all.

Great place! Awesome staff!! Very secure! Had a great time there! Would DEFINITELY recommend to others!! A++++

• 17th Apr 2014

I had a great time at my time in the Hostel and actually extended my stay because I liked it so much! Staff were friendly, beds were comfortable and the atmosphere was great. I'd definitely stay again :)

Probably the nicest hostel I've stayed at, the pool is pretty sweet.

Had a nice stay here, great atmosphere and great place to hang

• 6th Apr 2014

This place was pretty nice. We stayed in one of the tents and actually slept pretty well even though we were there during their summer. Something to note is that this place definitely qualifies as a party hostel. They play loud music that you can hear from every room until about 10-11pm every night. That said, it never bothered us because we were usually up until 10 anyway. The staff was very helpful in planning our excursions. Ask ahead of time if you can just a taxi to the place you want to go

This is a really nice place - like a motel. The food is a little expensive. It's great to have a pool and they have lots of tours and are really easy to work with to book something. The staff is a little distant and doesn't really go out of their way to tell you how you can do things in the town. It was really clean and they have lots of showers and toilets which is great. But they are all on the ground floor which is a bit inconvenient if you're room is upstairs.

Great place to stay, great environment, ability to meet many people if you want, has wifi and a little restaurant/bar which also helps meeting people. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful in booking tours and getting around.

Great place to stay, though more like a hotel then a hostel as they lacked a kitchen. Overall a good time.

• 25th Mar 2014

Really liked this hostel. In fact it doesn't look much like a hostel but a hotel. I highly recommend it.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Iran

Wonderful place to stay. T Staff in the morning is really helpful

I didn't have the opportunity to stay at the hostel because I missed my reservation due to a late arrival. I still got a great service from the reception guy, he told me we could use all the hostel facilities and also helped me with the tours I enjoyed.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Venezuela

It was so lovely! Dont look like a hostel, feeling like a very good hotel. Great staff, absolutly clean and with so many lovely details. And a nice Pool for chilling, absolutly great!