Arenal Backpackers Resort Reviews

350 meters west of central park, towards volcano, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Just wish they served breakfast for free! And that the restaurant served food all the time, not just specific hours.

• 23rd Aug 2013

We stayed in the tent and it was great.

This place was like a hotel. It isn't as down to Earth chill as the Monteverde Backpackers I went to, but it's safe, the staff is friendly, and the establishment itself is like a 5-star resort. Also, this is more of a party-geared atmosphere, but if that's what you're looking for it's perfect.

This is without doubt the best hostel I have ever been in. Just amazing. The guy at the reception, Freddy, was extremely helpful and friendly. Thanks for everything! No need to check other places. This is the one.

This is definitely a party hostel. If that's what you're looking for, there's a great pool, lots of loungers, and a bar. The rooms are clean & modern, & the hostel is walking distance to good restaurants & shops. Starting point for tours around the volcano & hot springs, but pretty expensive. The staff were super helpful arranging bus bookings & a taxi for us to our next destination.

People dont respect the policies. They came at different times at night and morning being really loud and disrespectful. SIf you want to get a good night sleep stay somewhere else. This is a hostel for college students who dont care about sleeping. Staff didnt do anything to keep plp quiet.

• 16th Aug 2013

Hi, We are sorry you didn't´t have a good time with us. We do have policies for quiet hours, unfortunately we can not control what happens inside the dorms. We also offer private rooms with really good rates if you will like to check them out next time! :)

Diego and Freddy behind the desk were SUPER HELPFUL AND COOL, fluent in both English and Spanish. They helped me plan my trip because I was traveling alone. It was visually probably one of the most attractive hostels around, and very near other places to go to. I saw them cleaning the place constantly and the food was good, too.

• 8th Aug 2013

The hostel was great. Staff was very helpful, especially Freddy. I have no major complaints about anything. I would have liked a quick lesson on how to work the shower, though. That was tricky business.

• 30th Jul 2013
  • Colombia

Great staff and pretty good facility. Simple, cheap, and very helpful staff.

• 29th Jul 2013
  • Cambodia

We stayed in one of the tents, which was awesome. I really liked the "outdoor" feel, and I was grateful for the roof overhead since it poured every night. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous, giving their advice on which tours to take and helping us organize everything. It's also got a nice vibe with a common area and a swimming pool, and great music playing all day.

Great Hostel and very friendly staff. Unfortunately, the breakfast is not included - you can buy it but it is quite expensive.

The atmosphere was very relaxing and social. The staff was also very helpful with any travel arrangements we wanted to make. The tours that they arranged (hiking and hot springs, as well as transportation) were well organized and good companies.

no kitchen! the staff will lend you cutlery and plates and put stuff in the fridge for you but it's a bit of a hassle. Very clean and beds are very comfy

• 8th Jul 2013

We stayed in one of the 8-bed dorms, which has air conditioning. The air conditioner was really loud, but I had ear plugs so it wasn't THAT bad. The staff was nice and the pool was lovely. I think the restaurant was a little expensive for the quality of food you got, but La Fortuna is a pretty pricey town. All in all, I had a great time!

If heaven was a hotel, it would be Arenak Backpackers Resort. The staff is insanely good looking and served as eye candy for our time at the hostel. Allen, Ignacio, Freddie and Diego could not have been more pleasant to look at or be around. The tents were clean, comfortable and the food at the hostel was delicious. We miss the concierge staff already!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Friendly staff, clean rooms, a/c, hot showers, and a beautiful pool!

Everything in the hostel was very good! I´totally satisfied. Unfortunately, downton San Jose is very noisy and this breaks a little bit the environment of the hostel. But nothing can be done about it.

Just know that this is a party hostel and there is no kitchen. Otherwise awesome place!! Very much a resort :)

Good location. Clean rooms. Buy your tickets to Baldi from here. They are much cheaper.

I stayed in a tent and I did enjoy it a lot. I felt safe and comfortable at all times, it is also very close to the bathroom and shower area so there is nothing to worry about. They pool and hammocks are a great place to hang out after a hike. The food they sell is really good even though it might be a little expensive for low bidget travellers but there is a supermarket just a few minutes down the streets. Also the staff was very helpful with organizing my trip. Good place to stay!