Arenal Backpackers Resort Reviews

350 meters west of central park, towards volcano, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

This place is the best hostel of all central america. Cant believe it actually is a hostel. The nicest grounds I have seen in all Costa Rica, great job! Thanks for making my vacation wonderful!

If you told me this was a hotel and not a hostel, I would have totally believed you! Awesome pool, great staff, yummy breakfast and pizza for dinner! Didn't want to leave

Very pretty and clean. Only thing I would add would be a jaccuzie

• 14th Nov 2015

Update the hostel world website that you don't actually offer hair dryers for hire and stop being greedy. Every other hostel I could have my own food and drink there. Everyone I did a combination of my own items and spent a good amount at their bars too. But bc of the way you run your business I choose to go off the property to spend my money where I was treated nicely and wasn't trying to be nickel and dimed.

Very clean, pool was very nice. Food was alright and the cocktails are average but overall very happy with my stay and absolutely recommend it to anyone else.

We didn't like there is no kitchen for cooking ourselves. And the laundry very expensive. The swimmingpool was great!

• 11th Nov 2015
  • Spain

This was my first time staying in a hostel and it was wonderful.

amazing grounds and swiming pool

We had such a great stay here!!! The place was nice, clean and comfortable and the staff was SUPER helpful. They helped us plan trips and made sure we had everything we needed. Pool was a really nice touch and it was nice to come back and relax in the common areas after a long day of adventure. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone thinking about staying here!! You will not regret it.. I have little hostel experience but this place was way more than what I had hoped. Will be back soon!

• 5th Nov 2015

This is definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. The facilities were amazing and were kept very clean. The staff were all very friendly and helpful when we had questions. We stayed in the tents just because they were cool but maybe a dorm would be better because it would be able to air out a bit more and wouldn't be so hot. That said the stay was fantastic, the bathrooms had lots of showers and stalls so there was never a wait. The bar area was fun to hang out in and beautiful.

Room clean and comfortable. The pool is awesome and restaurant pretty good. Unfortunately the guy at the tour desk will try to scam you out of money. He told us it was $12 to get to the waterfall, then offered to call us a taxi. The taxi is his dad and turns out there is a standard rate of $8. He also told us it was $50 round trip to the public hot springs. No it's actually $25-30. Then when we checked out they tried to short change us on the room deposit. Wouldn't stay here again.

It's a nice hotel with some dorms added. The food and bar is good. The man who sells package tours for you is overly pushy and you can get cheaper and better deals in town. The rooms have lockers but oddly during the day the whole front of the dorm is wide open so be careful with belongings. Very strangely for a 'backpackers' place, there's no kitchen, so don't expect to cook. Beds are clean and comfy and there is even the added bonus of air con at night.

Had an awesome stay here for two nights. The hostel is extremely clean and well maintained. We only got to try the breakfast that was served in the hostel and it was quite delicious. It's a little more pricey than what you can find a little into town, but well worth it.

Place is in a great location, clean and nice staff. Also great cube with the bar, pool and common area. On the down side, for some reason the travel agency at the front desk is more expensive than in town and there's no wifi in the rooms.

When I entered the place, I was very impresed by the facility. The gardens are impecable, the central lounge very comfortable. El Chante, muy bonito. The staff very helpful, friendly and profesional. Michael at the front desk was speciallly very supportive, and has a lot of knowlegde. Gerald at El Chante very nice and helpful. The swimming pool very clean. I definetily would recommend this place to EVERYONE. It really is a five starts place!! Thank you.

At least a communal fridge would have gone a long way and some happy staff!!

Wonderful hostel! The common area is awesome, everyone hangs out and its easy to make new friends. The rooms are absolutely spotless and so close to town!

• 4th Sep 2015

A lot of nice things at this hostel. The pool is a nice touch and the grounds are really well kept. We stayed in a three person tent and it DIDN'T have real beds. Just thin camping mattresses. The tent also got wet in the rain, however a very nice man came and changed the sheet and mattress. The trips from the desk were ok value.

Beautiful hostel - more like a hotel. Great pool with slack line!! The food is reasonably priced (compared to LA Fortuna as a whole!) and great bar staff - especially Vinnie!! My only complaint would be the moody reception staff and the tour operator who always seemed to be ripping people off, there are great deals in town!

Great place. Loved the staff, pool, clean, convient, and super helpful. I would stay there again and recommend to everyone!

• 27th Aug 2015