Arenal Backpackers Resort Reviews

350 meters west of central park, towards volcano, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Awesome vibe, very helpful staff and would recommend anyone to stay here!

Awesome hostel. Almost more of a 'resort' feel than a hostel feel. Everything was clean and the staff was helpful in helping us book various tours. The one downside was there was no kitchen and the bar/restaurant were pretty pricey.

Great hostel. Very clean, friendly staff, good location. The hostel definitely felt like a "resort" hostel because of the nice pool and clean facilities. The bar area was great as well. Not too loud, but a nice place to hang out with a friend.

The pool and surroundings are really nice. The rooms are clean and very spacious. Unfortunately it is '5 star' but you still have to hire towels and flat sheets. There is no kitchen and the restaurant is expensive.

Such a nice hostel! More like a resort. It's got a great pool area, the room and beds were comfortable, and the entire place looked great and seemed very clean. There is a restaurant there - the food wasn't great and kind of overpriced but it was handy to have it there and we did eat there a couple of times.

Place was very cool and nice. Very helpful staff. Nice pool. Only poor thing was the noise. After quiet time there was quite a lot of drunk loud people still hanging at the bar wich was ment to be closed I thought. I mean it's great for young people who loves to have a party evry night, but maybe not the greatest if you value good night sleep and waiking up early. But as I mentioned otherwise I liked the place. Slept at the tent wich was pretty cool and cheap.

This was our first hostel as we traveled through Costa Rica and it definitely set the bar high! The atmosphere of the hostel was fantastic - the pool and bar allowed backpackers to meet fellow backpackers. There were always workers cleaning so it was spotless. Great spot! Only downside was that there were no lockers in the rooms. They had a locker area that I'm sure was strictly watched but left me a little uneasy that it wasn't where I was sleeping.

• 14th Dec 2013

Would be nice to have access to a kitchen and I wish smoking wouldn't be allowed under the covered area, but otherwise everything was terrific!

Thought this place was just ok. Pretty far from the city. I stayed in the tents and lucky for me, it wasn't that hot but it was quite yucky in the morning. The fruit smoothies are syrup juice, not fruit. If I came back I would honestly choose another place and use this as my 2nd or 3rd choice.

This place is great! Staff is accommodating and the restaurant/bar they have is delicious, we really enjoyed hanging out. I would 100% go back!

• 30th Nov 2013

Only problem ... I made a mistake: I booked a room in Arenal but 'd have been Alejuela...

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Otra vez, muchas gracias por todo y espero volver en el futuro!

• 15th Nov 2013

There is no common kitchen.

We had a great time at this hostel! The staff was very welcoming and we felt right at home! I would definitely go back again, or recommend this place to friends!

• 8th Nov 2013

Great hostel with friendly staff and great facilities. Stay in the tents, they are great. If you decide to go to the falls, don't listen to the staff and walk or cycle. - take a cab.

The staff here is super helpful and made my stay amazing. The rooms are clean, pool is sparkling, food is good and reasonably priced unlike most of the town. I highly recommend this hostel if staying in La Fortuna!

• 27th Oct 2013

I have stayed twice in the past and have had a great time twice. Clean and beautiful atmosphere. Will be there again soon.!!!

• 16th Oct 2013

Great, clean hostel and good staff as well

this should be called a hostel but instead a resort. The staff was fantastic...the only issue we encountered was only one shower had hot water. We stayed in the tents and they are awesome, the pool is spotless, the food and drinks are great...and the location is PERFECT!

• 22nd Sep 2013

There was loud music the whole evening. You gotta like this. The shared showers for the tent guests are cold.

Hi, It is a shame you didn't´t ask us! We do have 3 cold water showers and a room with 6 hot water showers 24 hours. Hope next time you can find them or ask us! :)