Arenal Backpackers Resort Reviews

350 meters west of central park, towards volcano, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Had a nice stay here, great atmosphere and great place to hang

• 6th Apr 2014

This place was pretty nice. We stayed in one of the tents and actually slept pretty well even though we were there during their summer. Something to note is that this place definitely qualifies as a party hostel. They play loud music that you can hear from every room until about 10-11pm every night. That said, it never bothered us because we were usually up until 10 anyway. The staff was very helpful in planning our excursions. Ask ahead of time if you can just a taxi to the place you want to go

This is a really nice place - like a motel. The food is a little expensive. It's great to have a pool and they have lots of tours and are really easy to work with to book something. The staff is a little distant and doesn't really go out of their way to tell you how you can do things in the town. It was really clean and they have lots of showers and toilets which is great. But they are all on the ground floor which is a bit inconvenient if you're room is upstairs.

Great place to stay, great environment, ability to meet many people if you want, has wifi and a little restaurant/bar which also helps meeting people. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful in booking tours and getting around.

Great place to stay, though more like a hotel then a hostel as they lacked a kitchen. Overall a good time.

• 25th Mar 2014

Really liked this hostel. In fact it doesn't look much like a hostel but a hotel. I highly recommend it.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Iran

Wonderful place to stay. T Staff in the morning is really helpful

hôtel habitué à recevoir des voyageurs. cartes à dispo, organisation de transports pr rando nocturnes. piscine, hamacs, bonne ambiance et calme la nuit. Très bon souvenir

• 19th Mar 2014

I didn't have the opportunity to stay at the hostel because I missed my reservation due to a late arrival. I still got a great service from the reception guy, he told me we could use all the hostel facilities and also helped me with the tours I enjoyed.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Venezuela

It was so lovely! Dont look like a hostel, feeling like a very good hotel. Great staff, absolutly clean and with so many lovely details. And a nice Pool for chilling, absolutly great!

• 14th Mar 2014

The pool and swim-up bar was quite nice - the bar was provide-your-own alcohol, so you could either cheaply purchase alcohol in town or buy a drink from the bar and bring it over to the pool. The hammocks and trampoline were also lots of fun, the lockers for tent-stayers were large enough to store all our belongings, and the showers had good water pressure and water temperature. The only thing missing was a communal kitchen.

The place was great, really clean and new. My issue was with booking on this website. We told when we arrived that all bookings had to be done 48hours prior to arriving but the website lets you enter dates for the following day, takes your deposit and sends you confirmation that you have a reservation for said dates. So we'd booked to stay in the tent but ended up in a dorm. Apart from that the hostels cool

Our plan was to stay in Arenal for 3 nights, but we loved the hostel and tre people so we ended up staying for a week. Great to have a pool to have pool parties in during happy hour ;)

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

Nothing bad to say execpt that matress in the individual room with shared bathroom is bad. Other matress are way better. This hostel have all you need to a thinkfree stay and the restaurant is good and cheap! A must book place! We saw many backpacker being told they were soldout for them to stay.

My favourite stay! I loved it here and no other places compared. I was travelling on my own and this hostel was my first stop. I was made to feel at ease and welcome straight away. The guys working there were great! The location and the tours on offer were brilliant and I had so so much fun!

Best Backpackers Resort ever

We had a double room with shared bathroom. It was quite small and had no view on the pool as all the dorms. But anyways, a very nice hostel, more like a hotel :-)

Beautiful hostel!!!! Amazing sunset view just from outside the room. Bus stop very close and in a few minutes you get to the beach of Manuel Antonio. Great room, clean with tv and full kitchen. Good atmosphere too, not a party hostel but people from all over the world stay there. Great choice!

I never went there. I changed my plans

I paid $40/ night for a private room. The room didn't have it's own anything... sink, toilet, shower... It was just a bed in a room! I found a huge cockroach (dead) that wasn't there when I got there which was somewhat disheartening. It was also on the second floor so you can imagine that every night I had to go down a large flight of stairs whenever I had to pee. I really don't think it's worth this price at all for this location which is away from the strip and the lack of amenities.

• 16th Feb 2014