Fabulous 657 Total Reviews
Fabulous 657 Total Reviews
Arenal Hostel Resort Located at 100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, , La Fortuna.
Costa Rica
La Fortuna alajuela 100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna
89% 657
10.4709676 -84.6459822
    Rooms available

• nicolebury
  • Australia, Couple, 18-24
27th May 2016

Awesome hostel! Room 117 is the best. The owner is super friendly and the staff were so helpful. Heated pool and swim up bar. Right in the centre of town. Excellent hostel!

• alysehiggins
  • USA, Female, 18-24
18th May 2016

Arenal Hostel Resort is one of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed in! It really is like a resort and so reasonably priced. I loved the outdoor hammocks and swim up bar and that really gave it a great atmosphere (although the bartender Fabio hits on girls a lot). The only thing I didn't like was that on the second night I stayed there the AC was cranked really high and they only gave us a thin sheet so I was cold all night.

• Poland, Female, 18-24
16th May 2016

I was very happy and comfortable in this hostel. I loved the outside gardens with hamocks everywhere, a lovely pool and fun staff. The breakfast in the morning is pretty delicious too! I came as a solo traveler and immediately made several friends. Its conveniently locate in the central part of the charming town of La Fortuna. This little town is magical and the hostel left a good impression on me.

• USA, Male, 25-30
14th May 2016

My girlfriend and I had a great time during our stay in La Fortuna, largely because of how simple the staff at Arenal Hostel Resort made things for us. The staff was incredibly welcoming and extremely helpful in making sure we made the most of the few days we had in town. The atmosphere of the hostel was great and the location was perfect. We could walk just a few blocks to some great restaurants, which became extremely important when trying to squeeze in meals between adventures.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
8th May 2016

The type of hostel where you can chill there all day with the pool, bar and hammocks. Loved it! Great location too.

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
6th May 2016

Awesome hostel, definitely recommended! Lots of hammocks, pool w/ swim up bar, great night atmosphere, very clean, good air conditioning, gated parking, and very friendly and helpful staff. Centrally located to everything in town, about a 10 minute drive to the free hot springs, and within walking distance to lots of shops and places to eat. We stayed in the 6 bed dorm and would totally stay here again.

• England, Female, 25-30
2nd May 2016
8.0

Great place, fun and with a heated pool. Looks a bit like a paradise. On the pricey side for a hostel, but then I suppose you are paying for the pool. No kitchen which was annoying. Staff really rude.

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Apr 2016
8.0

Overall, this was a decent experience, and very affordable. Hostel was beautiful inside, but very small and crowded. Wasn't much of a nightlife- bar closed at 10. However, this was a nice feature, as well as the pool (but WAY too hot!), $6.00USD breakfast, and gated parking. The staff was nice, with the exception of the bartender, who was overly perverse (making gross comments and being very unhelpful and rude). I would return, however, the crowding and rudeness were a huge turnoff!

25th Apr 2016

We loved staying here. In a great location with an amazing staff. The atmosphere and the look of the hostel were great. Had lots of fun, would definitely recommend.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
21st Apr 2016

The good: great activity recommendations; location; the hammocks/pool/bar area is awesome and relaxing; big private rooms; staff are friendly enough. The bad: loud at night and in the morning because the rooms surround the hammock/pool/bar area where people were partying every night we were there; no hot water; two cockroaches in our room. Overall I'd stay again but if you want to go to bed before 11 I might stay elsewhere.