Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

The shower was miserable. Water didn't stay hot and spigot sent most of the hot water out of the lower spigot and wouldn't turn it all to the shower head. Taking a cold shower in a cool and windy place did not make my day. Room 105. Please fix this! Also, you need to replace the bedspreads in that room- so faded that it really detracts from the look/feel of the place... made it feel more run down. Otherwise very nice place and people and location!

• 9th Apr 2014

Otherwise great stay (although La Fortuna is horrible), but my "host" was a douche. I asked for budget activity options and all he did was try to sell their stupid ranch tour to me. Luckily I noticed the list of "Things to do by yourself" on the notice board later. But seriously, if a guest asks you a question, you should answer it truthfully, not try to sell overpriced (and completely lame) tours. It would be good to have lockers as well, at least for smaller valuables (laptops, phones, etc.).

Staff were helpful and welcoming. Room was big and clean. Loved the pool and hammock area. Great location!

• 12th Mar 2014

The hostel is in a great location, right in the center of town, but is a little oasis in its self, feels like you are outside of town. The staff was great, John was really helpful and gave us different ideas on what to do and see while we were staying there. They also set up a van to take us to monteverde for a cheap price. I would def recommend this hostel to anyone, its really nice and in a great location. So many people tried to book it while at Arenal and were sent away, def book it early.

Feels a bit more like a hotel than hostel... The common area with pool/bar looks awesome. Same w ppl at Monteverde hostel lodge, the age average is def higher than at regular hostels

Staff was not helpful, not patient and not polite. They gave me a key that did not work, was locked out at night and staff were all gone, security guard did not have a key to the room, had to wake people up to enter the room.

Had a really great stay at the Arenal Hostel. Staff were very welcoming and helpful and the location was perfect. I would love to return some day and fully recommend this Hostel to anyone looking for some where fun to stay in the region.

What a sweet little hostel! Very cozy and clean! The pool and bar and food available was all great! All of the staff were very cheerful and helpful! Had a wonderful stay here!

My only con is the music. Mikey Cyrus and other top 40 mumbo jumbo? Camannnn. Otherwise the place was amazing. I felt safe and that I was in a clean facility the entire time.

• 4th Mar 2014

Very clean place, great staff and right in the middle of town. Would stay here again if I pass through La Fortuna again.

• 28th Feb 2014

Best location in La Fortuna! Staff all spoke perfect English, rooms were immaculately clean, the facilities were brand new and security was never an issue. I would go back in a heartbeat and stay here!

The staff were amazing we had very little time in la fortuna and they helped us really utilize our time and set things up, seriously amazing. The facility was clean, had ac and hot water. The female dorm I was in faced to street so in the morning traffic was loud- so bring ear plugs. It was easy to meet people here as the place has a great common area and bar. Stay here if you have the chance.

Great location...love this place... It was super relaxing and great breakfast...

• 25th Feb 2014

I enjoyed staying here. My room was facing the sq so it tended to get rather noisy early in the morning, but this is the price for central location. the little pool is fun. There's also a cool bar. The breakfast is too expensive in my view. The staff is friendly and usually helpful. The hammocks are a lot of fun.it's highly recommended to book trips and tours in the agencies nearby as their prices are usually cheaper than hostel's. I recommend one next to the hostel called Jungle hiking tours.

We entered Arenal hostel resort with very little knowledge about Costa Rica and it's beauties, and left with a head full of insight into this spectacular country. We had such an amazing time at this hostel and would suggest it to everyone! The staff was inviting and gracious to us, from helping us find tours to getting us our morning coffee fix. Mucho gracias! Jennifer y Albert are the best. For amazing tours, ask for Rubin

A great place to stay, right at the main square. Really clean and organized. Only thing is that the computer was not working at that time, but was not a big deal. John the mgr and the staff was really helpful and informative. The best place to stay in la fortuna!

Good accommodation in town. Personally I think it would have been better to stay in a hotel close to the base of the volcano and close to the hot springs for walking and beautiful scenery. The town hasn't anything of interest.

Really convenient location right in the center of town. Can book all your tours right at the hostel with good discount rates. Nice little courtyard with bar, pool, and hammocks to relax in. Things quiet down around 10pm which is great. They do need new matresses (at least in our room).

This hostel is awesome! It's like a little oasis. Drinks at the bar are reasonably priced & staff is helpful & kind. As there is one main road to Arenal and this hostel being directly on that road you are a sort walk to everything. Couldn't recommend this hostel more!

Hostel was located right downtown, but set away from the street with a darling tiki styled courtyard. Welcome cocktails, lots of tour, comfortable room, great breakfast and the staff was the best. Would come back and stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3