Arenal Hostel Resort

Fabulous 863 Total Reviews
Fabulous 863 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2017

I loved this hostel! The vibe of the place is great. Our room was right by the bar, which was actually kind of nice. The bar shut down each night around 10 or so, so you could still get some sleep if you wanted it. The staff is friendly, and were really helpful on giving directions. People might complain because they try selling you tours, but I expected that. You can negotiate prices on all of the tours.

14th Apr 2017

Best fu*king place in this small town. Don't plan to stay longer then 2 days not much here.

• USA, Female, 31-40
11th Apr 2017

Although I like my stay. The internet connection wasn't very reliable!

4th Apr 2017

Location is central in town, facilities were clean, staff was nice. Not sure if others have had different experiences, but was not a social hostel at all. Everyone kept to themselves. You would think peole would socialize by the pool/bar but they didn't.

26th Mar 2017

I stayed here for 4 nights, and it was an amazing experience. You are able to book tours with the hostel, and they always pick you up right on time. The hammocks are great to relax on, and the location is as Central as you can get. The rooms also had AC, which was the only place I had that at, and it was a good change! I had a blast in La Fortuna, and would stay here again in a heart beat!

25th Mar 2017

Great place if you want to rest. Not a party hostel or the best for solo travelers. Mostly familys and older couples. Quite and comfortable facility with places to rest and relax everywhere. Heated bar / pool. Great location.

24th Mar 2017

I really enjoyed the pool/bar area. The hostel is located in the center of town, close to bars and restaurants. The staff helped me book a tour, though I don't think it was the cheapest option in town. Overall though, a great and convenient place to stay!

20th Mar 2017

Great stay, great place to meet people. They have a pool (I didn't go to) but I sat at the bar a lot and everyone is really friendly there. The food is good. Easy to get around, walkable. I also got a private room just because I had been travelling for a while, and that was in the Tower building. It was great; I loved everything about my room.

• India, Male, 31-40
16th Mar 2017

It is located right in middle of town. Every thing is very accessible. Staff is also very friendly and helpful.

• jpsavoie18
  • Canada, Male, 18-24
8th Mar 2017

Best hostel I've ever been in! Party or relax it is perfect!