Arenal Hostel Resort

Fabulous 884 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 884 Total Reviews

21st May 2017

Great hostel! Clean rooms, helpful staff and a fun bar area.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
17th May 2017

Simply amazing! The place itself, the staff, the accomodations, the atmosphere... everything is great! We loved it!

• kellyrutland414
  • USA, Female, 25-30
3rd May 2017
8.0

Little security guard decked out with gun, holster, baton, walkie talkie, knife etc greeted us at the locked gate. He got us a fenced in parking, didn't know English but we figured it out. The room was nice and air conditioned, they offer discount breakfast with the wrist band but we didn't get one. The breakfast was good and thankful they had someone to let us in late at night.

1st May 2017

Honestly, so much more than I had expected. Staff was wonderful, and helpful. The place was beautiful, clean, and made it just as easy to chill as it was to party. Also have some dedicated staff to help plan your stay and rout afterwards. I'm impressed with this place.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
29th Apr 2017

Really fun hostel - nice enough that I spent a full day just lounging in the common area. Crowd is hit or miss... there are lots of private rooms so there are a lot of families/older couples. Staff is helpful about sorting out tour bookings, but make sure you negotiate the price or you will get ripped off. Decent kitchen. A/C in the dorms was amazing :D

• England, Female, 41+
27th Apr 2017
4.9

The attitude of the owner. I needed a quiet room I asked her if it would be quiet. I was told the music would be turned off at 2200hrs. At 2230 when it was still very, very loud I asked when the music was going to stop the owner said "When people stop buying drinks, if you want to ask them to be quiet you can"! The music went on till past 2300hrs. In the morning I asked for a refund. 'No' was the reply because Saturday was party night bar open until 2300hrs. Why did they feel the need to lie?

• Singapore, Female, 31-40
24th Apr 2017

Great place- clean and well managed! Note that this hostel is less social than those that I would usually seek when travelling but I chose this place as I was looking for some quiet time during my stay. Good if you want some solitude with no pressure to be social, not so great if you're looking to meet others.

23rd Apr 2017

Awesome place! Would stay again for sure if I return to La Fortuna. Between the bar and organizing excursion and transportation, in additional to the decor and hammock area and pool area, it was a pretty sweet place. Staff was great too.

• USA, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2017

I loved this hostel! The vibe of the place is great. Our room was right by the bar, which was actually kind of nice. The bar shut down each night around 10 or so, so you could still get some sleep if you wanted it. The staff is friendly, and were really helpful on giving directions. People might complain because they try selling you tours, but I expected that. You can negotiate prices on all of the tours.

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2017

Great stay. Stayed in 10 bed female dorm which was a bit cramped but beds were comfortable. Lockers provided. Clean. Great ambience, loved the pool which was warm and clean! Bar was great also played fun music. My favourite hostel whilst in Costa Rica! Met some awesome people and staff were super fun also!