Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel!! The staff is so lins and géologue, there are many activities offered and the hamacs were too confortable! The only little thing that was not perfect is the lack of fresh air in the dorm so it smelled the humidity... But it is an amazing hostel, we highly recommend it!

It was my first time in a hostel, first time traveling alone and also first time out of the country. Now with that being said, Jennifer and the staff where very welcoming and helpful in every way. Also the atmosphere was great, it allowed me to meet people from all over and enjoy some good company. Oh, can't forget about Anthony doing a great job, he is a fantastic bartender!

Great location and nice staff. Food and drinks are pretty good, too. Unfortunately the AC units leaked all over the beds and created some problems in our room with other travelers. The sink was leaking too and the shower was clogged so we stood in ankle deep dirty water during showers.

We had a nice stay here. The only thing I would say is that our room was on the bottom level and that meant we would have lots of people outside sat outside talking in the evening, and that takes away some of the privacy that a private room offers you as we could hear them as much as they could hear us....I would also advise looking at booking your tour with an operator in the area as I believe we paid more by booking it through the resort.

Arenal Hostel Resort was more than just a hostel. They made sure my stay was the best it could be. The staff is very helpful and being able to book everything through them was great! Would definitely stay there again!

• 24th Jul 2015

Arenal hostel was very good. The air con was great. Large private twin room with ensuite. Friendly staff with good tour agency on site to book trips and shuttles. Staff couldn't do enough for you. Near to local restaurants. No negatives at all.

Really nice place, great set up, near everything in town! Nice pool and amazing smoothies at the pool bar :) the dorm was good, a/c, private bathroom with the dorm with nice shower and lockers in the room. People there are kind and they really help to organize everything; they even booked for us an activity that we were gonna do in the next town! Try the free hot spring even if people there will tell you to go to those you have to pay... They're amazing and much better!!

I really enjoyed the stay there! The staff was nice, the facilities were clean and the garden was fantastic. There were hammocks, a pool, (pool) bar and music! The only thing I have to complain about is that there were no plugs whatsoever in my room (dorm with 10 beds!) and I had to charge my phone at the reception.

I have traveled through Europe and have stayed in hostels. This was my favorite so far. I felt very much at home; the staff was EXCELLENT and friendly. The facility was in such a central location and was very well maintained. This is where I want to stay when I return in the future.

This hostel was great! Great location, awesome environment! The staff was very friendly and super helpful. Really wonderful place to stay!

The stall was extremely helpful and Joe was more than welcoming! He helped us arrange all of our activities for the duration of our stay and suggested several local sodas for us to try! It was a great experience and we would definitely stay there again!

• 24th May 2015

Special mention to Jennifer, Joe, and the lovely girls at the bar making this trip wonderful for us. Very good place to meet new people, security is good, tons of things to do around the hostel, no curfew, well lit, clean and the again the only reason why I'd go back again, the best staff I've ever met at a hostel. Very hard working ppl all of them, resourceful and helpful. Definitely recommend to any traveller. Very safe for females too.

First of all, I have to say that La Fortuna is worth a visit! Such a lovely town with nice people and a nice park to hang out. As you can see by my rating, I absolutely recommend staying at Arenal Hostel Resort. It is such a welcoming and laid-back place. You can use the pool, sit at the bar or just live an easy life in one of the many hammocks and meet nice people. The staff is incredibly friendly and they know every body of the guests by name. Terrific place to stay, so worth it!

Great hostel - great clean room and bathroom and very friendly and helpful staff

• 19th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels we've been to. Staff was incredibly accommodating and friendly. We booked a zipline tour and woke up the next day incredibly sick. An employee called the tour company and they reimbursed us immediately. She was so helpful! I had awesome conversations with the bartender (Antonio?) and front-desk guy Alfredo. Truly made us feel welcome. Prime location to all the tour spots and some great sodas (CR local restaurants). Not a typical common area but met people at the bar.

The Hostel is right around the corner from the bus stop and easy to find. The common area is really beautyful. I staid in a 10-bed-dorm and that was a bit stuffy. There was very little space for all the backpacks. The staff was very nice and helpful. They arranged a tour and transportation for me and everything went well.

Maybe if it comes to privates this hostel might be considered as good (however, "best hostel in Costa Rica" still seems a little strong) but definitely not with respect to the dorm. We stayed with 8 other women in a room that had apart from absolutely no atmosphere (wallcolor, decoration) not one window and was absolutely prisonlike except that in prisonlike you at least have enough air. Breathing at night was not possible if the door was closed. Common areas too loud (music). Staffel friendly.

All the staff were really nice and helpful. Jennifer set up my hiking tour which was really nice. I also took a safari tour the next day and one of the other guys set that for me. Joe and Jennifer helped with getting me on a direct bus to San Jose. Jennifer is my favorite.

Location not too far from bus stop. About 10 min walk from the center of town. Pretty clean. No lockers. No lock on dormitory room, but felt safe. Small, quiet hostel near supermarket. Would stay there again.

• 27th Mar 2015

Very nice place. If I'm ever in la fortuna again, I would defenitely stay here again!