Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Special mention to Jennifer, Joe, and the lovely girls at the bar making this trip wonderful for us. Very good place to meet new people, security is good, tons of things to do around the hostel, no curfew, well lit, clean and the again the only reason why I'd go back again, the best staff I've ever met at a hostel. Very hard working ppl all of them, resourceful and helpful. Definitely recommend to any traveller. Very safe for females too.

First of all, I have to say that La Fortuna is worth a visit! Such a lovely town with nice people and a nice park to hang out. As you can see by my rating, I absolutely recommend staying at Arenal Hostel Resort. It is such a welcoming and laid-back place. You can use the pool, sit at the bar or just live an easy life in one of the many hammocks and meet nice people. The staff is incredibly friendly and they know every body of the guests by name. Terrific place to stay, so worth it!

Great hostel - great clean room and bathroom and very friendly and helpful staff

• 19th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels we've been to. Staff was incredibly accommodating and friendly. We booked a zipline tour and woke up the next day incredibly sick. An employee called the tour company and they reimbursed us immediately. She was so helpful! I had awesome conversations with the bartender (Antonio?) and front-desk guy Alfredo. Truly made us feel welcome. Prime location to all the tour spots and some great sodas (CR local restaurants). Not a typical common area but met people at the bar.

The Hostel is right around the corner from the bus stop and easy to find. The common area is really beautyful. I staid in a 10-bed-dorm and that was a bit stuffy. There was very little space for all the backpacks. The staff was very nice and helpful. They arranged a tour and transportation for me and everything went well.

Maybe if it comes to privates this hostel might be considered as good (however, "best hostel in Costa Rica" still seems a little strong) but definitely not with respect to the dorm. We stayed with 8 other women in a room that had apart from absolutely no atmosphere (wallcolor, decoration) not one window and was absolutely prisonlike except that in prisonlike you at least have enough air. Breathing at night was not possible if the door was closed. Common areas too loud (music). Staffel friendly.

All the staff were really nice and helpful. Jennifer set up my hiking tour which was really nice. I also took a safari tour the next day and one of the other guys set that for me. Joe and Jennifer helped with getting me on a direct bus to San Jose. Jennifer is my favorite.

Location not too far from bus stop. About 10 min walk from the center of town. Pretty clean. No lockers. No lock on dormitory room, but felt safe. Small, quiet hostel near supermarket. Would stay there again.

• 27th Mar 2015

Very nice place. If I'm ever in la fortuna again, I would defenitely stay here again!

Extremely nice grounds and lounge area. Cook al lot and was disappointed with the kitchen and cooking facilities.

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights. We had a fabulous time! The staff is super friendly and helpful. Plus, can't go wrong with relaxing in a hammock.

• 20th Mar 2015

Staff were great, hostel was pretty, great place to meet people.City was quiet at night, most guests were in their rooms by 9. Joe was a great host, helped with all of our excursions and travel between cities. He contacted the right people if we had any questions he didnt know the answer. We stayed here for an extra night because of the great hospitality. Main issue: there were no outlets in our dorm room; one in the washroom, Difficult to share with 12 ppl. But would definitely stay here again!

• 19th Mar 2015

IF YOU ARE MINORITY, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL. VERY RACIST AND NOT ACCOMMODATING TO PEOPLE OF MINORITY. I HAVE A VIDEO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT.

We stayed at the hostel for 5 days and were more than happy! amazing garden with hammocks and pool, clean kitchen and dorm rooms as well as bathrooms. But what we liked most was how friendly and welcoming the staff was, they really went out of their way to make our stay perfect!! It's not very often that the receptionist remembers the names of all the guests and introduces new arriving guests to everyone else. Highly recommend!! Special thanks to Joe :) pura vida!

• 15th Mar 2015

Very cool spot to hang out, right downtown!

• 11th Mar 2015

A really brilliant hostel and I would highly recommend it. Ideal for lone travellers looking to meet people and relax after any daytime excursions.

Great hostel! Very friendly, helpful and energetic staff. The looks are great: there's a pool bar, hammocks everywhere, private chair hammocks for every room, and it's located in the center of la fortuna.

The hostel was great. The people who worked there were friendly and helpful. I liked how they had a computer available to use if you needed it. The bathrooms were very roomy and clean. Hammocks for relaxing, Nothing was missing. Great location in the center of town. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. I stayed an extra day.

I have to give this hostel an average review because they had not received our reservation. Disappointing but Jennifer, the nice girl at the reception, organised alternative accommodation for us at the Fas hotel instead, at their own cost. Excellent way to turn a terrible review into an ok review.

Really nice place and really clean. Joe who works there is a huge beauty. Close enough to everything and good open area to meet people. Bathrooms are really clean and beds are comfortable. AC works pretty well too. Worst part is that your not allowed to smoke in the main lobby area.