Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Hostel was amazing! Key location and right in the Main Street. The hostel is beautiful ! There are plenty of hammocks and places to eat and chill outside. Rooms are great and very clean. The people working there are helpful and booked all our adventure tours

• 22nd Jul 2014

We absolutely loved our stay here! The staff was so friendly and willing to help!

• 18th Jul 2014

If I actually stayed at this hostel, which I booked 2 weeks in advance, I might have better things to say about it. However, when I got there, I was told that they were full and would walk me to their sister hostel, Hostel backpackers. I'm upset because I researched places to stay and I picked this place for a reason. To shuffle me to a different (much louder) place, I feel, was unprofessional. If you book here, make sure they actually have room for you.

• 18th Jul 2014

Only stayed at this hostel for one night but it was awesome!! Hammocks everywhere and a cute little swimming pool next to the bar. Would recommend to people going to arenal.

Several departure and return times for excursions were inaccurate in the hostel brochure. Staff could have indicated changes before customers made reservations. Lack of communication and information from the staff thus caused conflict in our travel itinerary. Construction workers worked on renovating a room adjacent to ours, the entire time of our stay. (It was extremely noisy.) It also felt uncomfortable to open the curtain of our room due to workers mixing concrete in front of our window.

• 9th Jul 2014

When you walk in there are hammocks and a swim up pool/bar which makes the atmosphere resort like. There are also dorm bedrooms and a shared kitchen, which make it feel more like a hostel. I really enjoyed the combination. The air conditioning in the room was great, and things seemed clean. DO NOT buy the tours from them. There are much cheaper ones down the street. We had a light out in the bathroom, and the staff was bad about fixing it. Some staff was very helpful, others were not so great.

"Resort Hostel" is not an oxymoron here. The courtyard is beautifully designed with hammocks, hanging chairs, a fountain, swim-up bar, and small restaurant. The rooms are air-conditioned (a blessing in the humid heat!). There are bunk bed shared rooms, a large room with 5 double beds, and smaller private rooms around the courtyard. For $7 US, you can get a buffet breakfast with eggs, rice and beans, fruit, cereal, toast. The staff is fantastic, and can help you book any of your adventures.

The Beauty of the Hostel is Great, the Location is Fantastic but it is the little things they need to work on to take it from a good Hostel to a Great Hostel. The Bar and pool are very nice but I think for a Hostel the Prices of the Drinks and food are just a little too high. The first room they put me in had NO Locker, not great for Security. The 6 bed Dorm rooms should be 4 bed rooms, too small for 6 beds. $10 dollar towel deposit but if towel is too dirty no deposit back

This place is very good for young backpackers, great relaxing area with all hammocks etc! The people working on reception were very helpful organising tours for us and calling taxis! Nice resturants for dinner in close walking distance and also supermarket out the back! We felt very comfortable here and would reccommend it to anyone staying in Arenal!

• 7th Jul 2014

Loved this place! Excellent helpful staff, great location right around corner from bus station and central in town, an amazing ambiance with hammocks, swim-up pool, little waterfalls-- kind of a Swiss Family Robinson vibe. Perfect name, it is like a cross between a resort and a hostel-- at the hostel price. Nice little kitchen with free coffee. Clean, safe and secure. Only complaint was the beds which desperately need upgrading-- thin squeaky uncomfortable mattresses.

The best hostel we have stayed in so far in Central America. Great atmosphere and social area and large ensuite.

Possibly the nicest hostel I've used, and I've been at this a long time. If they have space, make sure you stay here!

• 30th Jun 2014

Stayed in the dorms, Clean bathrooms with plenty of place to store toiletries by sink. Bed linens were very thin, but clean. Air conditioning was a definite plus - was very helpful when trying to dry clothes . I didn't buy any tours from the front desk as they were cheaper elsewhere in town. Central location was very convenient. Would have liked it better if the Wifi signal actually worked in the dorm rooms themselves.

Amazing rooms, staff, kitchen and bar area! We loved this hostel, would reccommend to anybody. Security was great too. Located right next to a supermarket so great for cooking meals.

This hostel was amazing! I got my own dorm room to myself because it was pretty empty. It is right around the bus station so easily assessable and the hammocks and pool are great!

Had a great time. Thank you for being so helpful and so clean!

loved this hostel, the staff were fantastic and so helpful. This hostel is located in a great spot, clean and fun. Would highly recommend it to everyone! Just a tip, ask about the FREE hot springs, it is amazing!!

I've stayed here three times now and will likely go again. Lovely people, helpful staff, amazing facilities, great rooms.

I love this hostel! Swim up bar, hammocks abound, awesome staff, great rooms, and central location near the bus! This was my second time staying there and I will likely do it again!

Great place but wall by pool being concreted so pool not really usable

« first « Prev 1 2 3