Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

There were no power points in the dorm which was weird. Otherwise good.

Great hostel for location, staff and atmosphere........WOULD RECOMMEND!

One concern I had was almost being charged $10 for a rented towel that according to the staff member had stains on it, which clearly was not because of me. I lost my bank card the day before and made him aware of it. Yet he was willing to charge me while not being certain of my culpability and knowing I had no way to withdraw money. Also, the garbage bin should be emptied more frequently as toilet paper accumulated quickly making it unsanitary.

The hostel is clean, well located, although a little loud, depending what room you are in. The staff was very helpful but I missed the "warmth" that I had in other hostels.

This is more like a resort than a hostel, which is great when it comes to comfort, but negative when it comes to costs. It has more of an institutional feel, rather than a laid-back backpacker place. You have to wear wristbands while you are there and the staff tries to sell you group tours for the attractions in the areas (not necessarily great prices...). In addition, the people in my dorm room had all paid different prices for the same room. But it is beautiful, clean and great security.

I loved this placed. The location is great; plus the stuff was helpful.

There for two nights in the dorms to checkout Arenal / La Fortuna. Staff was great and really helpful. Walls are super thin, you can really hear everything that happens at night...got yelled at for talking in the main lobby area at night. Otherwise, good place to be for the money, really close to everything and the bus stop is one block away.

I loved this place. One of the best hosteIs I ever stayed. The staff was super friendly and helpful. the room , the garden und the bar were really beautiful and everything was super clean. I liked the atmosphere and met lots of nice people. Really enjoyed my stay there.

Such a great place! Amazing atmosphere.

• 7th Nov 2014

The female dorm offered was not that great, apparently it was not prepared and finished for the season, so it had no lockers, no MIRROR and the shower floor was unfinished. It didnt feel that safe, although the people sleeping at the dorm were ok. No breakfast included, which was disappointed for the rate paid ($14 for a female 8-beds dorm) at the beginning of November, when it's not yet high season and every day was pouring raining. I had to change to a double bed private room for $30. Staff ok

Close to bus station, friendly staff, big rooms, air con, nice pool.

Great location close to lots of food. Easy parking. Close to supermarkets. No "hot" water -came out warm. AC worked great. Hammocks were lovely.

Great stay in the heart of La Fortuna. Very clean with good facilities. Recommend Rainforest Cafe two blocks away for lunch and coffee ; )

Always happy and helpful staff. Clean bedrooms and good restaurants around the place. Good bar to meet people and chill out.

Awesome building, awesome staff, awesome swim-up bar. Dorms feel a little cramped, but not enough to warrant a complaint. Air-con surely felt nice, as did all-day hot water. Sweet deal.

From the street it looks sketchy but the inside is so nice, hammock heaven and the pool, bar and chef is a great touch! Clean and the staff is great! Free coffee, The breakfast seemed overpriced so I ate cereal and milk from the supermarket right down the road. Right around the corner from the ATM and near several tour offices. I booked everything through jungle tours which was insanely cheaper than the packages offered through the hostel. Overall a great stay!

Could not be happier with my stay here! The reception staff was always so nice and friendly and willing to help. Especially Jennifer, Diego and Christian. Brandon the bartender was always so nice too, saying hi very time I walked by. Easy to cook your own meals, just keep an eye on your food. Even though mine was labeled someone still tried to take it. Hammocks are awesome for chilling, laundry service was pretty reasonable, dorms came with AC and hot water! Always felt safe.

The Arenal Hostel Resort is in its genre an excellent place with great structure and very competent staff. I recommend it 100%. I specially liked the day hike to Arenal Park with the guide Hector (who was just beginning with the tour company that I took).

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Venezuela

Enjoyed my stay here, although traffic noise was problematic and I felt the dorm would have been better with just four beds (instead of six). It was a bit crowded, though very clean and modern. Air con was great.

terrible customer service.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Greetings and thanks for your comment Unfortunately, no sense, since you are calling us bad in every way, when it should only be in one, for example: we have 24 hour security, in addition to established safety standards; to which you give us a rate of 1 Furthermore, in all the rooms have daily cleaning as well as gardens, reception, kitchen and others, so you might not have a rating 1. I request please that qualifies us correctly, please