Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Extremely nice grounds and lounge area. Cook al lot and was disappointed with the kitchen and cooking facilities.

My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights. We had a fabulous time! The staff is super friendly and helpful. Plus, can't go wrong with relaxing in a hammock.

• 20th Mar 2015

Staff were great, hostel was pretty, great place to meet people.City was quiet at night, most guests were in their rooms by 9. Joe was a great host, helped with all of our excursions and travel between cities. He contacted the right people if we had any questions he didnt know the answer. We stayed here for an extra night because of the great hospitality. Main issue: there were no outlets in our dorm room; one in the washroom, Difficult to share with 12 ppl. But would definitely stay here again!

• 19th Mar 2015

IF YOU ARE MINORITY, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOSTEL. VERY RACIST AND NOT ACCOMMODATING TO PEOPLE OF MINORITY. I HAVE A VIDEO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT.

We stayed at the hostel for 5 days and were more than happy! amazing garden with hammocks and pool, clean kitchen and dorm rooms as well as bathrooms. But what we liked most was how friendly and welcoming the staff was, they really went out of their way to make our stay perfect!! It's not very often that the receptionist remembers the names of all the guests and introduces new arriving guests to everyone else. Highly recommend!! Special thanks to Joe :) pura vida!

• 15th Mar 2015

Very cool spot to hang out, right downtown!

• 11th Mar 2015

A really brilliant hostel and I would highly recommend it. Ideal for lone travellers looking to meet people and relax after any daytime excursions.

Great hostel! Very friendly, helpful and energetic staff. The looks are great: there's a pool bar, hammocks everywhere, private chair hammocks for every room, and it's located in the center of la fortuna.

The hostel was great. The people who worked there were friendly and helpful. I liked how they had a computer available to use if you needed it. The bathrooms were very roomy and clean. Hammocks for relaxing, Nothing was missing. Great location in the center of town. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. I stayed an extra day.

I have to give this hostel an average review because they had not received our reservation. Disappointing but Jennifer, the nice girl at the reception, organised alternative accommodation for us at the Fas hotel instead, at their own cost. Excellent way to turn a terrible review into an ok review.

Really nice place and really clean. Joe who works there is a huge beauty. Close enough to everything and good open area to meet people. Bathrooms are really clean and beds are comfortable. AC works pretty well too. Worst part is that your not allowed to smoke in the main lobby area.

The staff are wonderful here. I would stay again. The only downside is the lack of lockers to keep valuables in however they will place items a safe under the DSL in the office.

This hostel was great! The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again!

It was a clean hostel, but the 10-person dorm was stuffy - only aircon, no fan or window.

• 17th Feb 2015

My only wish is that the rooms had lockers, but staff was friendly and informative, great location right in town. Nice clean beds/dorms. Plenty of lounge space, wifi, and basic kitchen accommodations. For the center of La Fortuna, couldn't ask for more at a better price.

The hostel is really nice. It has a small kitchen for guests to use but not so many utensils or space. Overall a nice place. We met a lot of nice people here. The rooms have private bath. LaFortuna in January is constantly wet but if you can get over that it is a fun place with nice staff.

Location was really good right in the center and a block away from bus station. I stayed at Arenal Hostel Resort at the end of my trip, so I was low on cash. Then they ask cash deposit for keys, towels and probably more thing if you need something else. Basically took all my cash away. There were a ball of hair within the folded sheets and I booked 6-bed female dorm but given 10-bed dorm and no lockers.

• 23rd Jan 2015

Good beds. Hot showers. Staff weren't all that knowledgable of local restaurants (like locations of those mentioned in the lonely planet) or the free hot springs.

Loved my stay and highly recommend

I feel like I was a bit deceived when I signed up to stay in a 6 bed deluxe only to be put in a windowless 10 bed dorm. The fact that the outlets were only in the bathroom made things awkward so did the fact that there were no mirrors anywhere in the room. Also one of the showers had tile missing and the water pressure was weird. Please put more effort into the upkeep of the rooms because the common area facility looked great but not the rooms. However the staff was very nice.