Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Loved this place! Excellent helpful staff, great location right around corner from bus station and central in town, an amazing ambiance with hammocks, swim-up pool, little waterfalls-- kind of a Swiss Family Robinson vibe. Perfect name, it is like a cross between a resort and a hostel-- at the hostel price. Nice little kitchen with free coffee. Clean, safe and secure. Only complaint was the beds which desperately need upgrading-- thin squeaky uncomfortable mattresses.

The best hostel we have stayed in so far in Central America. Great atmosphere and social area and large ensuite.

Possibly the nicest hostel I've used, and I've been at this a long time. If they have space, make sure you stay here!

• 30th Jun 2014

Stayed in the dorms, Clean bathrooms with plenty of place to store toiletries by sink. Bed linens were very thin, but clean. Air conditioning was a definite plus - was very helpful when trying to dry clothes . I didn't buy any tours from the front desk as they were cheaper elsewhere in town. Central location was very convenient. Would have liked it better if the Wifi signal actually worked in the dorm rooms themselves.

Amazing rooms, staff, kitchen and bar area! We loved this hostel, would reccommend to anybody. Security was great too. Located right next to a supermarket so great for cooking meals.

This hostel was amazing! I got my own dorm room to myself because it was pretty empty. It is right around the bus station so easily assessable and the hammocks and pool are great!

Had a great time. Thank you for being so helpful and so clean!

loved this hostel, the staff were fantastic and so helpful. This hostel is located in a great spot, clean and fun. Would highly recommend it to everyone! Just a tip, ask about the FREE hot springs, it is amazing!!

I've stayed here three times now and will likely go again. Lovely people, helpful staff, amazing facilities, great rooms.

I love this hostel! Swim up bar, hammocks abound, awesome staff, great rooms, and central location near the bus! This was my second time staying there and I will likely do it again!

Great place but wall by pool being concreted so pool not really usable

Cool set-up.

Rooms merit the higher price, staff friendly and helpful but try to sell own tours which are expensive.

The hostel was more of a hotel than your average hostel. Great rooms/atmosphere and nice common area with hammocks/pool/bar. Also, it is a locked in gate with staff there around the clock to ensure safety. The staff assist you with any tours/transport you need and the hostel is smack dab in the middle of town so you can walk to many different restaurants, the town square, shops and the couple local bars they have no problem.

Clean, good location, hot showers. Unfortunately the bar plays dance/reggae music from about 7 in the morning, so not a very restful place to stay. When we asked about local hot springs, we were told by staff that there were no free springs in the area and that we'd need to pay to go to one of the resorts. This is not true and we feel that we were misled in order to sell trips via the hostel. We also went on the nature hike booked via the hostel- this was very poor value for money- to avoid.

I highly recommend this hostel. We had a bedroom for 4 people (5 beds) only and it was huge. We even had a tv in our bedroom.The bathroom was clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hostel offeres breakfast for 7 $ which includes toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, arroz and beans, fruits, coffee and juice. The hostel is less than 10minute drive away from the baldi hot springs and about 20minutes from parque volcan arenal. There's also a parking lot behind the hostel .

The equipement for the common kitchen is very poor.

This was amazing experience! One of the best hostel we have stayed. Pool breakfast and common area A

1 2 Next » last »