Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

My girlfriend and I stayed at the arenal hostel resort for four nights and were very happy with the facilities and the room. Belen is an awesome host and she is there to answer every question you may have about Fortuna. The hostel is located right in town, nicely located to all of the places to eat and the plaza.

• 12th Dec 2015

Hostel with a really Nice garden, rooms are clean and matresses are good!

One of the best hostels I've ever been! Very clean, friendly staff, good location, and it's really beautiful!

Awesome service and vibe. Great location too.

• 20th Nov 2015

Really nice property. Pool is great ! Could use some more hammocks I stayed in the 12 person female dorm. There are two showers in th dorm. Both showers had almost no water pressure, water barely trickled out of the shower head and it was ice cold.

• 19th Nov 2015

The common area truly looks like a resort. When I peaked inside private rooms, they also looked nice. However, the female dorm is not nice. Ten beds are crammed into the room. To get to the light switch, you have to navigate the narrow space between the beds to the other side of the room and reach BEHIND the lockers. The room smells musty, and it needs to be repainted. Only 3 electrical plugs are available, and they're in the bathroom with one hidden behind a mirror. Who designed this?

Everything was amazing, except the bar closes too early! Had a wonderful stay and the staff is the best you can find, stay here!!!!!

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

This was one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed at. The location was perfect, just a few minutes walk from the local bus stop and within walking distance to many bars and restaurants. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made my stay in Fortuna a nice one. I recommend this hostel definitely!

I laughed at the thought of a hostel "resort", but when I arrived, it really IS!! I found myself relaxing in the plentiful hammocks. There are even chair-like hammocks on courtyard-facing balconies when it rained. Most hostels aren't too nice and encourage you to leave. I loved the fact that I spent a day not leaving the hostel (except to run errands) and enjoying it. The staff was great at letting me know which tours were available and which one would give me the most value. It's awesome!

It is really a very good hostel.

Amazing staff!! The staff here can't be beaten. I was shown around by Belen and it was like she was an old friend. Great area to chill out with hammocks, nice garden, pool and bar. Good, relaxed atmosphere. Great tours offered by the hostel. I did ziplining and a volcano hiking tour. There were lockers in the dorms which were good, but unfortunately the only power outlet was in the bathroom above the toilet. To charge electronics you should do so out in the bar area which was the only negative.

Great hostel! I was traveling alone and I met a lot of great people. Everyone was super friendly. The tours through the hostel were also really fun. Clean, good location, wifi worked well. Really fun vibe!

Right on the beach. Great people. Tasty food. Variety of surfboards to rent inexpensively.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel!! The staff is so lins and géologue, there are many activities offered and the hamacs were too confortable! The only little thing that was not perfect is the lack of fresh air in the dorm so it smelled the humidity... But it is an amazing hostel, we highly recommend it!

1 2 Next » last »