Arenal Hostel Resort Reviews

100 m al Oeste de la Plaza de La Fortuna, La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Amazing rooms, staff, kitchen and bar area! We loved this hostel, would reccommend to anybody. Security was great too. Located right next to a supermarket so great for cooking meals.

This hostel was amazing! I got my own dorm room to myself because it was pretty empty. It is right around the bus station so easily assessable and the hammocks and pool are great!

Had a great time. Thank you for being so helpful and so clean!

loved this hostel, the staff were fantastic and so helpful. This hostel is located in a great spot, clean and fun. Would highly recommend it to everyone! Just a tip, ask about the FREE hot springs, it is amazing!!

I've stayed here three times now and will likely go again. Lovely people, helpful staff, amazing facilities, great rooms.

I love this hostel! Swim up bar, hammocks abound, awesome staff, great rooms, and central location near the bus! This was my second time staying there and I will likely do it again!

Great place but wall by pool being concreted so pool not really usable

Cool set-up.

Rooms merit the higher price, staff friendly and helpful but try to sell own tours which are expensive.

The hostel was more of a hotel than your average hostel. Great rooms/atmosphere and nice common area with hammocks/pool/bar. Also, it is a locked in gate with staff there around the clock to ensure safety. The staff assist you with any tours/transport you need and the hostel is smack dab in the middle of town so you can walk to many different restaurants, the town square, shops and the couple local bars they have no problem.

Clean, good location, hot showers. Unfortunately the bar plays dance/reggae music from about 7 in the morning, so not a very restful place to stay. When we asked about local hot springs, we were told by staff that there were no free springs in the area and that we'd need to pay to go to one of the resorts. This is not true and we feel that we were misled in order to sell trips via the hostel. We also went on the nature hike booked via the hostel- this was very poor value for money- to avoid.

I highly recommend this hostel. We had a bedroom for 4 people (5 beds) only and it was huge. We even had a tv in our bedroom.The bathroom was clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hostel offeres breakfast for 7 $ which includes toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, arroz and beans, fruits, coffee and juice. The hostel is less than 10minute drive away from the baldi hot springs and about 20minutes from parque volcan arenal. There's also a parking lot behind the hostel .

The equipement for the common kitchen is very poor.

This was amazing experience! One of the best hostel we have stayed. Pool breakfast and common area A

Very clean, and helpful staff. Nice enclosed green courtyard with little pool outdoor shaded tables and eating bar for breakfast. Breakfast a little pricey for $7 but good spread. It did seem odd they charged a $10 security for each towel which they should mention when you check in rather than you noticing there are no towels and going to the office may be inconvenient or may not have brought your wallet. The place itself is quiet overall but there is noise at night from outside the walls.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The shower was miserable. Water didn't stay hot and spigot sent most of the hot water out of the lower spigot and wouldn't turn it all to the shower head. Taking a cold shower in a cool and windy place did not make my day. Room 105. Please fix this! Also, you need to replace the bedspreads in that room- so faded that it really detracts from the look/feel of the place... made it feel more run down. Otherwise very nice place and people and location!

• 9th Apr 2014

Lovely little oasis. Would definitely stay here again. I wouldn't buy some of the tours from them though (I would do them myself) as we paid a lot of money for a combination tour (as we were short on time) and we were charged possibly double than if we did it ourselves once we found out the prices of the places. Hostel was brilliant however and couldn't fault it.

Otherwise great stay (although La Fortuna is horrible), but my "host" was a douche. I asked for budget activity options and all he did was try to sell their stupid ranch tour to me. Luckily I noticed the list of "Things to do by yourself" on the notice board later. But seriously, if a guest asks you a question, you should answer it truthfully, not try to sell overpriced (and completely lame) tours. It would be good to have lockers as well, at least for smaller valuables (laptops, phones, etc.).

A very slick hostel, in the centre of town with a nice garden full of hammocks and a swimming pool as well as a bar area. Amazing views of the volcano

Everything was great here. Common area was empty a bit. There was also a mixup with our reservation so they hooked us up with a private room down the street - that was appreciated.