Arequipay Backpackers Downtown Reviews

Pasaje O Higgins No. 224 Vallecito, Arequipa, Peru

One guy working there at nights isn't friendly at all. When we waited at the reception for our tour to Colca Canyon to start at 3am he was more asleep than we as guests and didn't answer questions. But apart from that Arequipay's staff is friendly and helpful. We felt quite comfortable during our stay.

Loved every bit of my two stays here! Highly reccomened.

I had a wonderful stay, they have all facilities you need and it welcomes you for a relaxing time if wanted. I was very pleased with coming back from a trek and being able to use all facilities even though I wasn't staying another night.

Very clean, nice breakfast included, kitchen was a bit small (luckily we were there in low season). Very friendly and helpful staff.

Amazing place! they let me showered before it was time to check in, they kept my backpack in storage while I trekked Colca at no extra charge and when I returned, they let me used their facilities for free even though I had checked out three days before. highly recommended! !!

This hostels ok. Staff were pretty bad and not very helpful despite their plaque stating best staff! Decent location 5min walk from centre. Very quiet, not much atmosphere. Facilities are good though. The colca canyon tour we booked through them wasn't very good, even though they said they always use that your company. Breakfast was just bread and jam. Lots of things out of order or not working. Would recommend a different hostel!

Good place to stay in de neighbourhood of down town.

All the facilities you might need and secure as it is behind a security gate. Not too far from the centre.

Very nice hostel. Staff is really friendly and cleans the shared bathrooms all the time!! Private room was only ok, but windows didn't close properly so it got cold at night.

Straight up 100%, very nice hostel with many great facilities that makes the stay very enjoyable. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Also, thumbs up for Leslie, one of the employees that made some boring minutes into fun minutes!

The hostel has a nice atmosphere once have travellers from all over the world to do colca canyon. They have 3 bathrooms on the floor, and a nice kitchen well equipped and 24hr tea. About the problems, one was a lack of energy plugs in the room and no individual lights. The hostel has a nice chilling out area outdoor. Friendly staff.

Hostel run like a factory, efficient staff, very clean.

Very nice and clean hostel. They also offer tours that are of good quality and reasonably priced. Tip: Try to avoid the 6bed-dorm that is downstairs. It is smaller than the others and noisy (next to reception, tv room and ping pong table).

Love that they clean the hostel kitchen and bathrooms throughout the day rather than just once a day. Even saw they mop the dorm room floors each morning. Girls at the front desk were awesome. They do need to improve their standards and cleaning practices bigtime tho.. looks so clean but i saw the lady wipe down the inside of the toilet then the sink with the same rag (yuck) and drop a piece of toast in the kitchen, pick it up and serve it to a guest for his paid breakfast

The staff is mostly realy nice and friendly (the lady's). The guy doing the nights isn't very motivated. Closing down kitchen an tea at 21:00 ( free 24/7); lights out empty water etc. when Wochenende wanted to leave at 3 am for a tour and wanted to check out he wanted us to lock down our stuff at 22:00 in the locker room (where to put the things wearing in bed or toothbrush etc. ?)and so on. But nice rest staff and quite and charming place!

Wifi was good. Breakfast was just okay. Hostel was clean. What made me love this place is the staff. They were absolutely wonderful, helpful, and, after my week stay here, I really actually felt like friends with a couple of the staff. Further, the facilities are nice - pool table - hammocks.

We had a great time at the hostel and met very cool people! The tours they offered were also great!

It's almost too clean here, we had the cleaner sweeping under our feet as we were cooking!

it was one of the nicest hostels i have stayed in. i will definitely stay there again if i return to arequipa

Stayed 2 nights, arrived very early and despite having spare beds was not allowed to check in until 12pm. The free breakfast was probably the worst I've seen. Just tea, old bread rolls, jam & butter. Would be nice to offer coffee and milk, if not some fresh bread. Bathrooms, kitchen and common areas very well maintained and all in all very comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful, but breakfast lets it down.

Hi Jono: It was no true that there were free beds at the time you arrived. I was the person who welcomed you (i am the owner of the hostel). Too keep our lower price (s/. 18.00 what you paid) we offer a basic breakfast, wich is fresh bread all you can eat, tea, coca tea, butter and jam. If you were looking for a coffe, milk and maybe eggs, you knew we have this option paying a little extra. Thanks, Evelin

« first « Prev 1 2 3