Arequipay Backpackers Downtown Reviews

Pasaje O Higgins No. 224 Vallecito, Arequipa, Peru

Would definitely recommend this hostel. Clean, new, had hot showers, loads of bathrooms and showers about, they kept our luggage while we went on a tour for a few days trekking, friendly staff, had good wifi, tv rooms, play station room. They organised our colca canyon trekking tour which was handy. They also had a laundry service where you leave stuff in at 9 and get back at 6. The breakfast was just bread and jam but fine like! Was a good choice!

• 15th Jul 2014

A great location 5 minutes walk from the centre of town. The staff were so helpful and friendly in particular one member called Jessi Perochena. You will notice her if you meet her. Very happy, helpful and definitely brings life to the hostel!

Very nice hostel. Behind electric gates - feels very safe. Laundry service is reasonable. Good crowd overall. Pool table and tv room. Bathrooms well kept.

Short walk to town. Normal bread a sham breakfast. Good wifi. Good tv room with lots of films

Fantastic atmosphere, infrastructure and staff! Highly recommended!!

• 5th Jul 2014

Good place to stay, although lacks atmosphere due to no bar and small communal areas.

Showers are like being spat on. Some staff are nice and helpful, some are rude and uninterested. Overpriced tours that are the worst we've experienced - tour guide was actually a mechanic who had never done the canyon before. Not many facilities. Two showers per about 20 people, maybe more. To top it off some of my stuff was taken.

Very nice place to stay, I recommand it!

Hot, clean showers, well-stocked kitchen, nice patio with hammocks to get some sun. Would definitely return

Great showers, awesome facilities, great fun. Definitely recommend this place! Location is awesome as well.

Very safe. multiple gates to enter and no visitors allowed. Very clean. Great bathrooms, although not ensuite. The staff are cleaning all the time. It is rather far away so you will walk through town to get to the main square, but I didn't mind as it gave me more of a chance to explore.

• 30th May 2014

Nice hostel about 10 min walk from the main square, lots of things to do in the hostel including playstation, good wifi. Minor gripe would be that the common areas are dispersed in several locations rather than having a single common space where everyone socialises. Oh, and get GTA V! :)

Staff here is incredible. I received help from 3 staff members tracking down and shipping something I left at a previous hostel. All of which were extremely friendly and helped translate for me. The hostel also has great indoor and outdoor facilities.

The showers were gross! Hair everywhere! They also would not allow us into the room until the official checkin time even though we had let them know we would be there early and there was no one using the room we had booked. Some of the girls working there are very sweet and other need an attitude adjustment. Location was okay, it is in a gated community so far 7pm you need to be buzzed in and out. Comfortable beds but bad pillows.

Unfortunately that day 2 our staff could not go to work but we tried our best to maintain the hostel clean. If you check our reviews you can see that we are very seriously about our cleanliness. It is not true that the room you booked was empty when you arrived. I did your check in (owner). You knew that check out time was at 10 30 and the guests that was in the room you booked did check out 10 30 so due to we were short in our cleaning staff is that why I could not offer you an early check in.

Apart from the seventies decor and bathrooms that could do with an update, this place is great. Common areas are great with lots of hammocks outside, pool table and the biggest tele in South America. Seriously, it's HUGE!!! Great base to enjoy Arequipa

I really enjoyed my stay here. They are strict about enforcing their 10 pm quiet time, which allows people like me to sleep. I like how many chill out areas there are.

Very secure hostel in a gated area. Location's just a few blocks from the main square. We had a double room of good size

This hostel was fantastic! It seemed to achieve a great balance of having a fun and friendly atmosphere while still being immaculately clean, and nice and quiet to sleep. The staff were amazing, and could not have been more helpful, especially when I was sick and had questions about medical services in town. All of them really seemed to go above and beyond to be kind and helpful. There are multiple places to relax, and you can book tours and bus tickets directly for reasonable prices. Loved it!

Excellent stay! Water went out for a few hours due to city maintenance but nonetheless great place!

Hostel is in a great location and has a well equipped kitchen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3