Arequipay Backpackers Downtown Reviews

Pasaje O Higgins No. 224 Vallecito, Arequipa, Peru

Clean and nice staff. Not a super convienent location but not terrible either. We opted for another hostel more centrally located for a bit more money because we thought it was worth it. Fairly young crowd at this hostel.

I had a wonderful time here. The hostel is nearly perfect with excellent staff, superb cleanliness, and so many places to hangout and activities to do (including playing with the hostel dog). It's a little far away from the main plaza (6 minute walk) and the breakfast is standard bread and jam but the two kitchens are available for use and there are good restaurants nearby. Would recommend - they know what they're doing and I could stay here for a long time!

Really helpful staff which made our time in Arequipa very smooth and enjoyable. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Good hostel with kitchen and lots of rooms. There as issues with the hot water in the shower (on and off constantly while showering). The location is ok. It takes about 10 min to walk to he plaza de Armaz. There is a nice dog in the hostel but if you're scared of dogs well...leave that country haha.

The rooms were nice but the shower did not stay consistently warm. It was either very hot or very cold. It was a couple blocks from the main square and had activities to play for free like fooseball ping pong and pool table. Lots of sitting areas to socialize too.

Hostel itself is good - they maintain a clean environment which is always the key for me. The location feels secure, lockers in the room, free breakfast, fun travelers everytone seemed to find a group to hang out with. Just as a warning for light sleepers, the floorboards creak which is going to wake you up when people wake up at 2am for Colca Canyon tours. Not the hostels fault but keep in mind if you are a light sleeper and bring earplugs.

Really nice hotel - comfortable, good atmosphere, friendly people, nice common areas and rooms. My room had a nioce view over El Misti volcano. They organised a really good tour to the Colca Canyon.

Bathrooms were dirty all the time. I used different restrooms and each was terribly dirty.

• 22nd May 2015
  • Costa Rica

very nice staff. when we had to leave becaus of our reservation for just one night , the recepionist called 4 different hostels to find a new place for us- very lovely! information about tours is well provided. very nice atmosphere!

Stayed 3 nights in 6 bed dorm. Had a great time here! Only thing is the 6 bed dorm can get a little noisy, since it's close to the reception and many people leave early (think 3am)for Colca Canyon every day.

The hostel was in a reasonably good location, about a 10minute walk to the main square. The hostel was always clean and the 6bed mixed dorm had plenty of space. The facilities were promising but the pingpong table was awful and the dart board like most hostels didn't have darts. The hostel was big with plenty of bathrooms and the staff were friendly. The one major disappointment was having my white clothes returned to me with yellow stains all over. Avoid washing your clothes here. Overall good.

Fun place to hang out. Very clean, good location close to main square. However, the hostel is next to a music school where the marching band practices at 7am. So, built-in alarm clock. The breakfast was minimal.

I think this is one, or maybe the best Hostel I've never been. Really clean, secure, confortable, and really really good receptionist (here I met my favourite receptionist of the world...don't remeber the name, but the girl start at 11 am). Really really GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Really great atmosphere. Excellent tours run through hostel.

Nice, cute hostel with a good our door seating area good for chilling in the day, breakfast nice and free tea all day. The shower downstairs is fab but not all the showers had hot water all the time though the staff were happy to help you find one with hot water. Our room was a tad small and hot because of this and the fact it was where the sun came in and has waterproof lining on the mattress which made it less comfy but think most rooms are good over all nice stay here

Stayed 3 nights in 6 bed dorm. Very secure and clean. It's a short walk to the main square. Staff were great. Lots of places to hang out which makes its a nice place to chill out, but not ideal to meet people. I'd stay again.

I had a terrific stay here! The kitchen was handy to cook yourself dinner. I ended up cooking my own breakfast due to early pickups for my tours. The staff however gave me a banana the evening before so I wasn't missing out too much. They were also very kind and welcoming which made my stay a positive and happy experience. The showers were mostly warm to hot (took a little to heat up but were good). I did have one cold shower during my 3 day visit. All in all a great place to stay!

A seven minute walk to the main plaza the hostel was really clean.

One of my favourites. Great staff, good facilities with plenty of social areas. Good wifi.

Nice Hostal with nice outside area to hang out! Comfortable beds and good showers. Really basic breakfast and a small kitchen without basics like salt or oil. Wifi was bad during the day. Helpful staff. You can book tours and busses at the reception but you don't get a lot of information about it. I would stay there again, because the atmosphere was chilled!

« first « Prev 1 2 3