Arequipay Backpackers Downtown Reviews

Pasaje O Higgins No. 224 Vallecito, Arequipa, Peru

Hostel itself is good - they maintain a clean environment which is always the key for me. The location feels secure, lockers in the room, free breakfast, fun travelers everytone seemed to find a group to hang out with. Just as a warning for light sleepers, the floorboards creak which is going to wake you up when people wake up at 2am for Colca Canyon tours. Not the hostels fault but keep in mind if you are a light sleeper and bring earplugs.

very nice staff. when we had to leave becaus of our reservation for just one night , the recepionist called 4 different hostels to find a new place for us- very lovely! information about tours is well provided. very nice atmosphere!

Stayed 3 nights in 6 bed dorm. Had a great time here! Only thing is the 6 bed dorm can get a little noisy, since it's close to the reception and many people leave early (think 3am)for Colca Canyon every day.

The hostel was in a reasonably good location, about a 10minute walk to the main square. The hostel was always clean and the 6bed mixed dorm had plenty of space. The facilities were promising but the pingpong table was awful and the dart board like most hostels didn't have darts. The hostel was big with plenty of bathrooms and the staff were friendly. The one major disappointment was having my white clothes returned to me with yellow stains all over. Avoid washing your clothes here. Overall good.

Fun place to hang out. Very clean, good location close to main square. However, the hostel is next to a music school where the marching band practices at 7am. So, built-in alarm clock. The breakfast was minimal.

I think this is one, or maybe the best Hostel I've never been. Really clean, secure, confortable, and really really good receptionist (here I met my favourite receptionist of the world...don't remeber the name, but the girl start at 11 am). Really really GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!

Really great atmosphere. Excellent tours run through hostel.

Nice, cute hostel with a good our door seating area good for chilling in the day, breakfast nice and free tea all day. The shower downstairs is fab but not all the showers had hot water all the time though the staff were happy to help you find one with hot water. Our room was a tad small and hot because of this and the fact it was where the sun came in and has waterproof lining on the mattress which made it less comfy but think most rooms are good over all nice stay here

Stayed 3 nights in 6 bed dorm. Very secure and clean. It's a short walk to the main square. Staff were great. Lots of places to hang out which makes its a nice place to chill out, but not ideal to meet people. I'd stay again.

I had a terrific stay here! The kitchen was handy to cook yourself dinner. I ended up cooking my own breakfast due to early pickups for my tours. The staff however gave me a banana the evening before so I wasn't missing out too much. They were also very kind and welcoming which made my stay a positive and happy experience. The showers were mostly warm to hot (took a little to heat up but were good). I did have one cold shower during my 3 day visit. All in all a great place to stay!

A seven minute walk to the main plaza the hostel was really clean.

One of my favourites. Great staff, good facilities with plenty of social areas. Good wifi.

Nice Hostal with nice outside area to hang out! Comfortable beds and good showers. Really basic breakfast and a small kitchen without basics like salt or oil. Wifi was bad during the day. Helpful staff. You can book tours and busses at the reception but you don't get a lot of information about it. I would stay there again, because the atmosphere was chilled!

Good wifi Above average breakfast (they give you a banana) Splendid and friendly stuff members (except the guy) Super clean: They clean the bathrooms several times per day. Good facilities: Two tv rooms, hamacas, nice garden, terrace, etc.. Good location: Around 10 minutes walking to the downtown. I didn't see that they organize anything together. So the atmosphere is friendly but not do things together (bbqs, city events, etc..) I spend there 5 days and it was a very good experience.

Best hostel of our trip. It's a big hostel with a small hostel feel. Saucy staff, great beds, hot water and an awesomely challenging pool table. It's in a gated community so it feels super safe, and the old mansion it's in is awesome. I love you guys!

This hostel is perfect if you're looking to meet people but you don't want the traditional party hostel. The beds are comfortable and the hostel is clean. The kitchen it well stocked and there was always hot water (although I had to adjust the taps to get the right temperature quite a lot!!) Its a 10 minute walk to the main square. I would thoroughly recommend this hostel.

Great location - not far from the main square. Staff was so friendly and helpful. They offer tours of colca canyon and the prices are competitive with other agencies. Lots of amenities such as a TV, pool table, lots of rooms to hang out in. Felt very secure - each room had a lock and key and there was also a main gate. Pretty spacious.

Nice hostel but we couldn't get warm water,only boiling hot or cold in turns.Also the kitchen equipment weren't the best.The breakfast was basic but nice and wifi was good.

A really really nice hostel for a very fair price. Central location, nice staff, clean and good rooms and bathrooms and good facilities. A good Tour-service and laundry-service aswell.

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Denmark

Amazing hostel, we turned up at the hostel at 4 am and they were super accommodating letting us use the movie room to crash out and even throwing us a couple of blankets. They have decent kitchens and the staff were friendly and helpful, would definitely recommend this hostel but make sure you book because it fills up fast

« first « Prev 1 2 3