Argo Hostel Rhodes Reviews

Kallithea Avenue, Faliraki, Rhodes, Greece

Because I booked a room in off-season, I spent one night at the Argo and one at another property - both were great. I had a double room all to myself both times, everything was immaculately clean, and the shower at the argo worked well. Both hotels are about 5 minutes from Faliraki beach, and very close to the bus stop to head into Rhodes City. The staff are wonderful and make you really feel at home. Breakfast is good too! I would stay here again.

Can't really review the hostel because it was closing down for the seasons end, but i was put up 2 minutes down the road in the owners other apartment hotel. Had my own private apartment for a few days. can't complain. Double bed, TV, kitchenette, private bathroom. all for the hostel price. Owner was very nice and i was very happy here.

We stayed at Argo for 3 nights and it was very nice. The atmosphere is really good thanks to the staff, the calm music and the pool. For such a price, I really recommend this hostel all the more so as it's near a bus station and you could move easily to other places (old town, lindos, etc...)

• 2nd Sep 2013

Not great for meeting other people, but in a good location if you want to party! Right next door to bedrock night club which was our favourite! Pavlos was very hospitable!!

The hotel is very well located in Faliraki, near the center, the bus stop and the beach. Faliraki's location is excellent as well since you are between Rhodes and Lindos, the two main destinations within the island. I booked a two male dorm, but got a room all to myself with a double bed, which was extremely nice.

Did not actually stay there.. i guess they were overbooked and we were moved to another property down the road they run... Place we were moved to was a lot nicer i think so take this review for a grain of salt... still worked out well for us

Loved it here - we wish we had now spent our week here, even if that meant missing out on exploring the rest of Greece. We would happily, and are seriously considering, visiting your hostel again in the near future! Thanks!

Argo hotel provided all i needed at the the time: sleep and shover. Location was perfect since my list of places to see included Rodos City and Lindos and Faliraki is in the middle with all the night summer atractions you need. Beach was just 5 minutes away. Thanks Pablos!!!

I went to the hotel for 2 days, I had ten days. than I thought it was a nice place. I had a good time.

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Turkey

We enjoyed our stay, the staff was super nice, very good atmosphere, also the location is perfect: near the sea, shops, night club, it was super nice vacation! we are going to recommend this place :) Marion & Marine

It's actually kind of a hotel, with only twin beds. Has air conditioned, swimming pool, great breakfast and good beds. It was excellent, really enjoyed our stay there.

Excellent location, easy to find, not very clean rooms and sheets. For this price it is acceptable.

We were booked at the Argo but when we arrived we were told that they were over booked. So we were taken to The White Palace which turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. Rooms were clean, breakfast which was included was plentiful, staff was very helpful and friendly. A real family atmosphere. Since there was a grocery store 1 hotel away we were able to make use of the kitchenette we had. All in all I would go back in a heartbeat. Security = excellent, Location = good, Staff= excellent

Well, Argo Hotel is for luxury backpacking for a small price :) I booked a dorm and got my owm room with balcony,bathroom, a pool in the garden and delicious breakfast. The owner is very kind and welcoming. Only it is not really a hostel, so the special hostel-atmosphere of meeting other traveller isn't really given.

The hostel was decent. The staff did not always give clear tips or directions. The location was a bit confusing as I took the bus in from Rhodes city centre. I would highly recommend getting more detailed directions prior to arrival if you are using the bus. The food options were limited and recommendations were few; I am vegetarian.

WiFi is weak and slow!

This was a good place to stay. I lucked out with a good roommate, but it could be weird if you're traveling alone and have a bad roommate, since you sleep a few inches away from each other. It was nice to have a balcony. It's in a great location if you're looking to go out at night.

It was alright, be warned if you book a dorm room you don't get one, you get a twin room (beds pushed together) and the promise that the owner will try not to put anyone else in the room with you, I would imagine if he did it could be quite uncomfortable sleeping so close to complete stranger. The breakfast was fine, though served quite late, and it's walking distance to a beach as well as close to the bus stops.

Positive aspects: really friendly, nice and helpful staff. The pool area is amazing! Negative aspects: the shower is really bad and the room is not that clean.

Argo is a hotel and has some rooms available for dormitory prices. In such rooms could be placed 3 beds or 2 x 2 trunk ones, while tv is removed and small fridge is placed. In general good policy is to spread guests over dorms, evt for a few euros more as such is prefered above propping up in one room like so often happens in youth hostels.