Argyle Backpackers Reviews

14 Argyle Place, Marchmont, Edinburgh, Scotland

A lovely hostel well situated, beside a park, with a friendly staff.

its fantastic even has 2 kitchens its the place to stay

Bit pricey, but it *was* the Fringe, so I forgive them. The location was good for me, just outside of the city center requiring a 5-10 min walk in. Meant less street noise and a pleasant walk in the park every morning. Room came with a safe which I didn't use and the locks on the doors were adequate. Staff were always available and helpful when I needed them and the atmosphere was quiet and reserved, which for your (now) over-30 backpacker is just want I want. No party creatures, no bs.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Very nice hostel! It has everything and the place is very quiet. The bed was not the bed though, but we had a great time!

The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was on the third floor, which meant a comically low sloping ceiling and we had to go downstairs for wifi. It was also annoying that the desk (and the common room) didn't open until 9:30am, so we had to stand in the kitchen or hall to check email in the morning.

Great hostel, staff were very helpful. Love the old building style of the place and rooms were quite spacious. Lockers are a bit small though. Not much of an atmosphere or social scene, however we were there while the festival was on, so a bit hard to judge. Loved staying here tho.

Really helpful and friendly staff, facilities were top notch and great location for the Fringe Festival.

• 13th Aug 2015

Perfect location, just a short walk through the park to the city center. I had a private double and it was very comfortable and the staff are incredible.

• 10th Aug 2015

During my visit I felt it was awfully expensive, but that may just have been poor booking on my part.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Great hostel away from the hustle of the Royal Mile and situated next to the beautiful expanse of parkland that is the Meadows. There's plenty of bathrooms and 2 kitchens - so waiting to use facilities rarely occurs. There are great spaces to meet new people and relax in. The staff are lovely and the rooms are spacious. Definitely not a party hostel, rather a beautiful space to use as a base to explore the city. Would recommend!

Nice, cosy hostel conveniently located such that you are not caught in the bustle of the city but the city can be accessed within a 10 mins walk. Friendly, multilingual staff who are able to advise on the don't and do in edinburgh.

• 29th Jul 2015

Nice Hostel,but the bed was just to hard-means umcomftable-could not sleep very well

• 25th Jul 2015

Lots of bathrooms to choose from so you should never have to wait. This place is a 15-20 minute walk from the main street but a great location if you have a car like we did. Staff were friendly and nothing was too big of a drama for them. Would happily stay here again.

I can really recommend this Hostel. Very good staff, rooms, facilities for bery good money. We will definetely come again when we visit Edinburgh..

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff at this hostel are amazing. They went out of their way to help us extend our stay, even allowing us to sleep in the staff bed the night they were all booked up. The location is a quick 15 minute walk downtown through a lovely park. Only complaint is that the common room was always freezing.

Nice and obliging staff, clean rooms and good location! Potential for improvement: WiFi-Connection in the rooms.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Austria

We enjoyed our stay very much!

• 1st Jul 2015

A lovely homely hostel, not too far from the sights (walking distance if it's not raining), clean, tidy, lovely staff and the house has excellent kitchens and common areas.

I was staying in the second building. The place was great with a tv in the room and nice facilities - however i was by myself in the room and the building in general was dead. Socializing is half the fun and that lacked here.

I stayed for one night at this hostel in a private room. My room was in a building down the street on the top floor. The room was a decent size and had dark curtains which I loved! It gets so bright during around 4 am so the curtains really worked well. The wifi was free and worked great. The street noise was nonexistent and the building I was in was very quiet. I'm not sure if the the main building was noisy or if it had a more social atmosphere as I didn't hang out in the common room there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3