Argyle Backpackers Reviews

14 Argyle Place, Marchmont, Edinburgh, Scotland

Nice, cosy hostel conveniently located such that you are not caught in the bustle of the city but the city can be accessed within a 10 mins walk. Friendly, multilingual staff who are able to advise on the don't and do in edinburgh.

• 29th Jul 2015

Nice Hostel,but the bed was just to hard-means umcomftable-could not sleep very well

• 25th Jul 2015

The staff at this hostel are amazing. They went out of their way to help us extend our stay, even allowing us to sleep in the staff bed the night they were all booked up. The location is a quick 15 minute walk downtown through a lovely park. Only complaint is that the common room was always freezing.

Nice and obliging staff, clean rooms and good location! Potential for improvement: WiFi-Connection in the rooms.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Austria

We enjoyed our stay very much!

• 1st Jul 2015

A lovely homely hostel, not too far from the sights (walking distance if it's not raining), clean, tidy, lovely staff and the house has excellent kitchens and common areas.

I was staying in the second building. The place was great with a tv in the room and nice facilities - however i was by myself in the room and the building in general was dead. Socializing is half the fun and that lacked here.

I stayed for one night at this hostel in a private room. My room was in a building down the street on the top floor. The room was a decent size and had dark curtains which I loved! It gets so bright during around 4 am so the curtains really worked well. The wifi was free and worked great. The street noise was nonexistent and the building I was in was very quiet. I'm not sure if the the main building was noisy or if it had a more social atmosphere as I didn't hang out in the common room there.

We really enjoyed our stay here. We felt it was very clean and secure and the staff was very helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

My friend and I stayed here for a few days. We were pretty satisfied with the hostel, everything was clean and safe and the location was great. We found ourselves wishing that there was more of a community feel while we were there, though - there were no organized group events or pub crawls so we found that many of the people staying there were not willing to hang out. This may have had less to do with the hostel and more to do with the group of people staying there at the time, however.

• 10th Jun 2015

Definitely a place to come back to.

• 5th Jun 2015

Parkingmeter for the motorbike in the garden was great! Trank you!

• 2nd Jun 2015

It was a very nice place for a sightseeing trip in Edinburgh.

Loved the room and the location. It was a little weird that we were not allowed to use the toilets on our floor at night, and had to walk down two flights to use the ground floor toilets. There also weren't any lights on the ground floor near the toilets, so it was difficult to find if it was your first time using them.

• 24th May 2015

A nice quiet place in a nice area near a park; a friendly helpful staff.

• 14th May 2015
  • Russia

Had a great stay with clean rooms, cool layout and architecture and helpful service, but the showers are awful. Need more pressure and one night I waited for a good 5 minutes for the water to heat up before giving up. I know there are signs saying it takes a while, but this was ridiculous. Otherwise had a good experience

• 3rd May 2015

I had a great stay at Argyle Backpackers Hostel.

• 18th Apr 2015

Great location and facilities (kitchens well equipped and maintained), I had a very pleasant stay.

• 11th Apr 2015

Really cute place in a cool part of town. Location was not bad. About a 15 minute walk from the Royal mile, castle

• 10th Apr 2015

Helpful staff, nice bathrooms, wifi connection bad in room, nice location (next to park but 10-15 min to city centre), good value for money.