Arica Unite Reviews

Vicente Dagnino 117 Poblacion Chinchorro, Arica, Chile

No lock on door so not secure at all. Had cupboards they said we could lock our bags in but these also had no locks supplied. Was quite a distance from the town and nothing to see much. Said not safe to walk back at night but had lot f trouble getting a taxi. Also receipt given paid. Very unprofessional.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Overall okay hostal, but wouldnt recommend. Pros: big lockers, great kitchen, lot of toilets, nice people around Cons: bad location (shady neighbourhood and 30 min walk from downtown), bathrooms werent all that clean, wifi was bad, the host wasnt that nice all the time, the linnen was really stained and the host got quite defensive instead of helpfull.

• 26th May 2015

I liked the atmosphere and met nice people! Quick stay to cross the border the other day.

This was one of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Angela was so nice and helpful, made me feel right at home. I would recommend it 100%

• 22nd May 2015

If your going to be arriving early in the morning don't stay here. Not allowed to enter until after 8 am! Some staff from work away would do nicely here.

I had a really pleasant stay here, a very nice laid back place. Jenny was really helpful and welcoming. Being located so close to the bus station is also handy, although this means it is a bit of a walk to the centre but this isn't too much of a problem especially if it is a nice day. Breakfast was also decent and the showers were hot.

Really had I nice stay at the hostel. The owner Jenny was amazing, always there to help and fun! The beach around the corner is not clean but you can walk (30min) or take a taxi (5-10min) to the better beaches of Arica. Sundays market is nice to see and the mini mercado just around the corner is very good to find things to cook at the hostel...

This hostel is really great, you just feel like home! Jenny is really welcoming and give you nice advice to visit and enjoy Arica! The rooms and bathrooms are really clean and the atmosphere with the shared kitchen just relaxing, so I can only recommend it and say thanks to Jenny!

• 13th Mar 2015

Nice hostel not far from the bus terminal but quite far from the city center. Showers and toilets are accessible via the terrace/patio where smoking is allowed, thus those facilities sometimes smell a little bit. Surrounding area looks a little bit dodgy but is supposed to be safe.

Best place in Arica!

Perfect hostel for a quick overnight in Arica. Close to the bus station and close to a fantastic market. Breakfast is cooked by the owner and apparently varies daily. Comfortable beds. Hot showers. Great wifi.

I spent an incredible stay in Arica Unite. I couldn t dream of a better place to end my trip of 3 months. It s a quite and very welcoming hostel where everybody can meet in the commun spaces and talk in a warm atmosphere. Jenny and Nico, who run the hostel, are so niceand helpful that you feel at home immediately. Last, but not least, the breakfast is incredible! It is different each day and if you are fed up with creepy bread, it s one more reason to choose this hostel! You won t mistaken!

• 1st Mar 2015

Comfortable hostel. Staff was 100% until one of them rudely decided to give my girlfriend a mop for accidentally walking on a just-cleaned floor set apart by chairs; we were only trying to clean our dishes before leaving. An actual sign would have been nice. My girlfriend didn't enjoy the awkward bathroom or the lengthy list of rules (no using kitchen before noon, etc).

Super nice hostel in Arica! Spacious rooms, lovingly decorated, great showers, relaxed atmosphere, nice people, perfectly located close to the beach, supermarket around the corner... But most amazing are Jenny and Nico, the owners, who put so much love and effort in this place and prepare the best breakfast every morning! Stay at Arica Unite!!

Fantastic guesthouse, staff (a lovely french couple) are super friendly and helpful! Breakfast is decedent!

Loved my stay at arica unite! It felt like being at home. The breakfast was the best ever and in the cosy atmosphere it was easy to get to know new people!

This hostel is ok as stopover (close to busstation) and seriously good breakfast. But also some cons: quite far from the city centre, no common outside terrace only a small dark smokers patio with filled ashtrays. Two sad turtles in a too small aquarium (eco?) and a lot of rules (and even the threat of giving fines when not obeying them). It gave us the feeling of walking on egg shells. The owners are friendly, but i wouldnt recommend this place.

• 20th Feb 2015

Hi Niek whouuahh you are very strict! I think there are just simple rules (clean the dishes and dry it ). We built some private balcons for the couple to have your intimate place, and the fines for washing , it's just because you don't have to forget that we are in the desert, and we have a laundry. Do the calculation, if everybody washes the clothes in the shower (eco?). Fine, it's wasn't so horrible, you stay an extra nigth. have a good trip and good luck in Peru in Bolvia with your bicycle

Great hostel with super friendly staff and a social, chilled out (but quiet) atmosphere. The location could be better since it is a steady 20 minute walk into town, but on the other hand it is close to the bus terminal and there is a market nearby (and even a supermarket not too far). The breakfast rocks! Cooked fresh with something different every day. I came for one night, I ended up staying a week -- and that's not because of the city itself: Arica, though not unpleasant, has few attractions.

I had a lovely stay at Arica Unite whilst passing through for one night. I was made to feel very welcome by the two owners who couldn't do enough for anyone. Thank you for the lovely breakfast, for letting me make the most of your 'library' and making sure I got to the airport without a problem for my flight. If I am back in Arica I'll definitely be staying again!

• 9th Feb 2015

It's a nice and organized place, very good kitchen, and I like that they are eco friendly. The downside is that I didn't feel very welcome there, it feels like you're more staying at their house as a favor and not paying for a hostel. And if you want to hang out in the afternoon after you check out and need to kill some time before your bus leaves, they charge you an extra $3.000.