Arica Unite Reviews

Vicente Dagnino 117 Poblacion Chinchorro, Arica, Chile

Very friendly staff, we loved our stay here. About a 10 min walk into town which is ok during the day. Very close to the bus station, within walking distance.

The hostal is an easy walk from the bus terminal and located 2 minutes from the beach - which is also a great surf spot! It is about 15 minutes walk from the center of town in a quiet area with lovely views. Fani is a very welcoming hostess who helped us with any questions or advice we needed - restaurants, surf lessons, what to do in town, etc. The rooms, bathrooms and kitchen were always clean with good beds, supplies, etc. Not a party hostel but was full of interesting people. Enjoy!

Not sure why the hype. Very average. GOOD: 2 min walk from beach, 10 min from bus station

I really enjoyed my stay here. Good location between the bus station and the beach and it is the kind of place where you can happily spend a few hours lounging on the sofas. The most memorable thing is how much everyone connected to the hostel cares about their guests - they really really really do care that you are happy and enjoying your stay. I could only really suggest that breakfast could be (much) bigger. I'd definitely stay here again.

This is one of the best hostels in South America I have stayed in. The staff is very friendly, helpful and informative, especially Fanny. The location about 10 minutes from the bus terminal and 15 minutes from centre is great. You can find easily a local market and a big supermarket around. Breakfast is different everyday, always fresh and delicious and kitchen is fully equipped. I have met nice people there. It is excellent value for money, I definitely would come back there.

Perfect place to stay. Staff is great, place is clean, showers are hot, wifi works well, breakfast is very nice. It's a bit of a walk to the center. Ask for a room upstairs. Mine was downstairs next to the common areas: not suited for naps or long sleeping. But 100% recomendable.

Although we were booked in to the hostel on the night of a powerful earthquake, and therefore ended up sleeping on the floor of a communal shelter some distance away (we had been in town at the time), Jenny's welcome at the hostel, and concern for our safety in the morning when we returned, was heartwarming! The place is clean and pleasant, the showers hot, and Jenny even managed to knock up a breakfast of coffee and crepes for us, despite the continuing power cut.

The owners are very nice and helpful!

We couldn't make it for our night's stay due to cancelled bus from Bolivia, but did drop in the morning and they let us shower and relax for the day while waiting for our night bus for a decent price. Nico and Jenny are great people, and Arica Unite is a great place close to the beach. Worth a visit!

Thank you so much Nic and Jenny. i had the best 3 days here!!!! what did i like?? well where do i start. location was right on the beach and a 5 min walk from the bus station. and a nice lazy afternoon stroll to the centre. rooms were clean and beds comfy. sunset from the roof top was a great way to end each day. breakfast was always different and made by Jenny.. loved it!! fast fast wifi. would have loved to have stayed longer. THANKS!! Dan

place was great .. the breakfast even better .. the owners were also awsome ... place was so close to the beach.

great place great breakfasts great staff would highly recommend

I've stayed in a few hostels before and this one was definitely a good one. The owners are very friendly, it's a great value, and it's just minutes from the beach. It's also gated on the outside and only current residents have a key so I felt pretty safe, and I was with a group of four other young girls in Arica for a study abroad program. I would definitely recommend it!

• 24th Feb 2014

One of the best hostels we have ever stayed at. Jenny and Nico, the french couple is so nice and welcoming. Everything so clean and a lot of showers and toilets. The beach is only 2 minutes away and from the roof-terrace you can see the sea and enjoy the beautiful sunsets. The breakfast contains always selfmade things, which are delicous. It is a laid-back hostel with a great athmosphere and we can recommand it to everyone who wants to come to Arica. Thanks a lot Jenny & Nico!

And you are here again, yyeeahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the owners are nice, but very strict about the rules, to the point of being a bit overwhelming. also you should know you cant get in the gate bxt midnight and 8am, sucks if your bus arrives during those times. the atmosphere was good and people were nice, also convenient b/c super close to the bus station. kitchen gets very crowded in the evenings, more burners would help a lot (as would reading lights). overall, recommended, but some minor changes here would help a lot.

Although it is a bit far from the city centre, it is close to the beach and a small mercado where you can get everything you need, except alcohol. The surfing lessons, arranged from the hostel, are nice. And the staff, the two French owners, are really nice and helpful. Expect a clean and proper hostel, a nice breakfast and even crèpes if you are lucky. Only thing I missed were lockers, but rooms could be locked too.

Just a short walk to the bus terminals, market and beach. Nico and Jenna very nice, helpful, and are working hard to offer good hostel. They do expect your cooperation to ensure everyone enjoys staying at Arica Unite. I would stay there again.

and he'll come backkk!!! see you in march!!

hostal tierno y tranquilo de una pareja francesa muy amable. el desayuno es rico y no es lo mismo cada día. no está en el centro pero arica es pequeño entonces no se necesita mucho tiempo para llegar al centro. adémas, el hostal está cerca del terminal de buses que es bueno si tienes una mochila pesada :) gracias por su hospedaje!

This is a great little hostel! A 2 min walk from the beach. It is about a 45 min walk to the main centre though and about a ten min walk to both the international and national bus stations and about a 5 min walk to a giant market full of all kinda of foods. The lady and her boyfriend that run the place are extremely kind and breakfast is always something different which is very nice. One day she even made some sort of bread pudding! It was awesome! She also makes insanely delicious cake!

Hi I just see your comment, thank you!!! You have to come back, now we make waffle!!

Free breakfast only from 8:30 til 10. Arrived at 10:05 and not a sniff of coffee

Hi Yes, like we explained, the breakfast is served between 8:30 and 10h. The day that you were here, we had 23 people in the hostal and we are just two people working (Nico and I). For a good organization, everybody has to respect the timing. In four years, I NEVER have refused a coffee, so I'm very saddened with your comment. You had simply has to ask and we would have been of use to you with pleasure... Have a good trip in South America