Arica Unite Reviews

Vicente Dagnino 117 Poblacion Chinchorro, Arica, Chile

Loved my stay at arica unite! It felt like being at home. The breakfast was the best ever and in the cosy atmosphere it was easy to get to know new people!

This hostel is ok as stopover (close to busstation) and seriously good breakfast. But also some cons: quite far from the city centre, no common outside terrace only a small dark smokers patio with filled ashtrays. Two sad turtles in a too small aquarium (eco?) and a lot of rules (and even the threat of giving fines when not obeying them). It gave us the feeling of walking on egg shells. The owners are friendly, but i wouldnt recommend this place.

• 20th Feb 2015

Hi Niek whouuahh you are very strict! I think there are just simple rules (clean the dishes and dry it ). We built some private balcons for the couple to have your intimate place, and the fines for washing , it's just because you don't have to forget that we are in the desert, and we have a laundry. Do the calculation, if everybody washes the clothes in the shower (eco?). Fine, it's wasn't so horrible, you stay an extra nigth. have a good trip and good luck in Peru in Bolvia with your bicycle

I had a lovely stay at Arica Unite whilst passing through for one night. I was made to feel very welcome by the two owners who couldn't do enough for anyone. Thank you for the lovely breakfast, for letting me make the most of your 'library' and making sure I got to the airport without a problem for my flight. If I am back in Arica I'll definitely be staying again!

• 9th Feb 2015

It's a nice and organized place, very good kitchen, and I like that they are eco friendly. The downside is that I didn't feel very welcome there, it feels like you're more staying at their house as a favor and not paying for a hostel. And if you want to hang out in the afternoon after you check out and need to kill some time before your bus leaves, they charge you an extra $3.000.

This hostel was ideal for our week long stay. Close to the beach, laid back and extremely homely. Nico and Jenny are both fantastic people as well as hosts. We are yet to find a better breakfast on our travels - waffles and pancakes with fresh fruit. Yoyo was also a great surf teacher and we had fun surfing on multiple days. Being critical, the only downside was that the social area wasn't the greatest but nonetheless it was still easy to meet people. Highly recommend George, Jonny & Danny

Great location, quickly to the beach and bus. Very friendly staff. Breakfast is really good!

Very good staff , loved the breakfast :) very good location near the beach

The hostel was undergoing renovation/expansion while we were there. There was no access to the advertised terrace, which was a pity because the hostel is so close to the ocean, and also because there is nowhere else for guests to congregate at night. The atmosphere was less than convivial; no one was really engaged or engaging. The only place where people gathered and socialized was the smoking pation out back, so if you do not smoke, you are out of luck. Despite this, the hosts were very lovely

although a very nice staff that helped us with a big problem we had and a nice breakfast the hostel it self is not that good. we booked a private room with double bed and got a double with another bed on top of the double... the showers and the toilets are not at their's best.

Hi Saar, we are sorry if you did't like the extra bed in the room but you still had a comfy double bed, wich was what you asked for ( saar rozenbaum 22nd Dec '14 17600.00 18th Dec '14 1 2 Dbl Private). .Too bad that you let us know these details afterwards as we could have given you another room when you were with us. good travel and our best wishes for the new year

Very friendly place, comfortable homely easy to find from the bus station. The breakfast was delicious also. I'd stay here again.

Arica Unite is a wonderful little beach hostel that feels like home. The owners, Jenny and Nico make it a friendly and welcoming stop off for anyone entering or leaving Chile through Arica. Only a 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 minutes from the bus station. You can cook lunch or dinner to save some money and then enjoy the best breakfast of your life in the morning. Pancakes, french toast, or waffles always accompanied by an assortment of fresh fruit. Amazing!

• 20th Dec 2014

Nice breakfast. Staff all very helpful. Great location. Showers were not very clean but probably because of the amount of sand from the desert. The outside patio is all set up for the smokers. But if you are a non smoker the smell will waft in to your bedroom at night. There are two very sad looking terrapins in a glass tank outside. Overall ok hostel for one night.

Very recommendable hostel! We felt very welcomed, the two hosts are very kind people. One of the best parts is the awesome breakfast. We enjoyed our stay that much that we stayed a day longer than planned and When going to Arica next time we'll definitely go here again!

great place!

We only stayed one night ,we were very happy with the location (you can walk to the beach 5min and to the bus terminal 15min), but loger to the city center. Jenny was very nice and breakfast was really yummy,home made cake, plum jam and yogurt,besides the typical tea/coffee. The hostel is undergoing construction work and maybe therefore was not totally clean. It was ok for us though!

A nice, small hostel run by a beautiful couple, they are putting so much love into this place, amazing! Close to the bus stop and beach, I recckon there is not much more to ask for when stopping over in Arica. Super breakfast as well, all in all two thumbs up for you guys!

I was going to stay for one night.. I stayed for a week! It took me 2 minutes to feel at home at this hostel, 4 min to meet new friends, 6 min to have a plan for the night+the next day (go surfing with Yoyo!) and not even a day to fall in love with the place.. The owner/staff is very welcoming and helpful, which makes it feels more like a friends house than a hostel. And for god sake, don't miss the breakfast they are making for you!) (or the turtles!)

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel. Owners were really friendly and cooked a lovely breakfast for us in the morning. Right next to the beach too. Wifi is really fast too.

Absolutely fantastic, greetings for Jenny i Nico from Poland!

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Poland

If you're in Arica you have to stay here. There's two hostels in the area (the other is sunny days) but arica unite is run by a really cool young couple and has the best atmosphere I've had at a hostel. Super clean, amazing breakfast and across the road from the highway. You can rent scooters or do surf lessons. Good wifi and great people

• 21st Nov 2014