Arica Unite Reviews

Vicente Dagnino 117 Poblacion Chinchorro, Arica, Chile

This hostel is really great, you just feel like home! Jenny is really welcoming and give you nice advice to visit and enjoy Arica! The rooms and bathrooms are really clean and the atmosphere with the shared kitchen just relaxing, so I can only recommend it and say thanks to Jenny!

• 13th Mar 2015

Best place in Arica!

Perfect hostel for a quick overnight in Arica. Close to the bus station and close to a fantastic market. Breakfast is cooked by the owner and apparently varies daily. Comfortable beds. Hot showers. Great wifi.

Comfortable hostel. Staff was 100% until one of them rudely decided to give my girlfriend a mop for accidentally walking on a just-cleaned floor set apart by chairs; we were only trying to clean our dishes before leaving. An actual sign would have been nice. My girlfriend didn't enjoy the awkward bathroom or the lengthy list of rules (no using kitchen before noon, etc).

Super nice hostel in Arica! Spacious rooms, lovingly decorated, great showers, relaxed atmosphere, nice people, perfectly located close to the beach, supermarket around the corner... But most amazing are Jenny and Nico, the owners, who put so much love and effort in this place and prepare the best breakfast every morning! Stay at Arica Unite!!

Fantastic guesthouse, staff (a lovely french couple) are super friendly and helpful! Breakfast is decedent!

Loved my stay at arica unite! It felt like being at home. The breakfast was the best ever and in the cosy atmosphere it was easy to get to know new people!

This hostel is ok as stopover (close to busstation) and seriously good breakfast. But also some cons: quite far from the city centre, no common outside terrace only a small dark smokers patio with filled ashtrays. Two sad turtles in a too small aquarium (eco?) and a lot of rules (and even the threat of giving fines when not obeying them). It gave us the feeling of walking on egg shells. The owners are friendly, but i wouldnt recommend this place.

• 20th Feb 2015

Hi Niek whouuahh you are very strict! I think there are just simple rules (clean the dishes and dry it ). We built some private balcons for the couple to have your intimate place, and the fines for washing , it's just because you don't have to forget that we are in the desert, and we have a laundry. Do the calculation, if everybody washes the clothes in the shower (eco?). Fine, it's wasn't so horrible, you stay an extra nigth. have a good trip and good luck in Peru in Bolvia with your bicycle

I had a lovely stay at Arica Unite whilst passing through for one night. I was made to feel very welcome by the two owners who couldn't do enough for anyone. Thank you for the lovely breakfast, for letting me make the most of your 'library' and making sure I got to the airport without a problem for my flight. If I am back in Arica I'll definitely be staying again!

• 9th Feb 2015

It's a nice and organized place, very good kitchen, and I like that they are eco friendly. The downside is that I didn't feel very welcome there, it feels like you're more staying at their house as a favor and not paying for a hostel. And if you want to hang out in the afternoon after you check out and need to kill some time before your bus leaves, they charge you an extra $3.000.

This hostel was ideal for our week long stay. Close to the beach, laid back and extremely homely. Nico and Jenny are both fantastic people as well as hosts. We are yet to find a better breakfast on our travels - waffles and pancakes with fresh fruit. Yoyo was also a great surf teacher and we had fun surfing on multiple days. Being critical, the only downside was that the social area wasn't the greatest but nonetheless it was still easy to meet people. Highly recommend George, Jonny & Danny

The hostel owner told me I have a perfect French accent, so I love her forever. The location is far from the sights in Arica, and there isn't much Arica, so that's an accomplishment--but it's super near the bus station (one of those places). Wifi is fine, but no computer makes life of a budget traveler more complex. No nighttime atmosphere, but breakfast was pleasant. Very clean, reasonable value, good (eco!) facilities. Overall it's a very legit one-night hostel to stay at between buses. Merci!

Great location, quickly to the beach and bus. Very friendly staff. Breakfast is really good!

Very good staff , loved the breakfast :) very good location near the beach

The hostel was undergoing renovation/expansion while we were there. There was no access to the advertised terrace, which was a pity because the hostel is so close to the ocean, and also because there is nowhere else for guests to congregate at night. The atmosphere was less than convivial; no one was really engaged or engaging. The only place where people gathered and socialized was the smoking pation out back, so if you do not smoke, you are out of luck. Despite this, the hosts were very lovely

although a very nice staff that helped us with a big problem we had and a nice breakfast the hostel it self is not that good. we booked a private room with double bed and got a double with another bed on top of the double... the showers and the toilets are not at their's best.

Hi Saar, we are sorry if you did't like the extra bed in the room but you still had a comfy double bed, wich was what you asked for ( saar rozenbaum 22nd Dec '14 17600.00 18th Dec '14 1 2 Dbl Private). .Too bad that you let us know these details afterwards as we could have given you another room when you were with us. good travel and our best wishes for the new year

Very friendly place, comfortable homely easy to find from the bus station. The breakfast was delicious also. I'd stay here again.

Arica Unite is a wonderful little beach hostel that feels like home. The owners, Jenny and Nico make it a friendly and welcoming stop off for anyone entering or leaving Chile through Arica. Only a 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 minutes from the bus station. You can cook lunch or dinner to save some money and then enjoy the best breakfast of your life in the morning. Pancakes, french toast, or waffles always accompanied by an assortment of fresh fruit. Amazing!

• 20th Dec 2014

Nice breakfast. Staff all very helpful. Great location. Showers were not very clean but probably because of the amount of sand from the desert. The outside patio is all set up for the smokers. But if you are a non smoker the smell will waft in to your bedroom at night. There are two very sad looking terrapins in a glass tank outside. Overall ok hostel for one night.

Very recommendable hostel! We felt very welcomed, the two hosts are very kind people. One of the best parts is the awesome breakfast. We enjoyed our stay that much that we stayed a day longer than planned and When going to Arica next time we'll definitely go here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7