Ariki Backpackers Reviews

25 Ariki Street, Taranaki, New Plymouth, New Zealand

Great hostel - Matty was very helpful and friendly. Facilities were real good. Location was great. Would happily stay again!

Great hostel. Loved the towels each day and the first hostel bath I've come across in the ensuite! Friendly staff too made it very welcoming.

Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Hostel has a nice comfortable atmosphere.

Extremely friendly staff, very helpful. We were made to feel very welcome and had a great time.

This place is dreamy. So spacious, clean and friendly. Amazing bonus: the give you towels. For a girl like me thats been using a single traveling towel for weeks now, this was so great. The staff is incredibly nice. I had to wait a few hour after check out to catch my bus and they let me hang on to my key so I could come in and out.

I stayed here for a week during a break from my abroad program. My friend and I had a really lovely time. The staff are ridiculously friendly and the amenities are super clean. They changed our towels every day and gave us lots of advice on what to do. We had a lovely and relaxing stay and would completely recommend it. If I'm ever in the area again, I will definitely be coming back to Ariki.

• 1st Mar 2015

This hostel is a quite good hostel. But be aware of the noise, since your in the city center, there's some bar around which can be an annoyance. Except of that, I enjoy my stay there, even just for one night. The staff have been really helpful, the room was nice and there's a really nice deck !

Really nice play to stay with a really kind and helpful staff!

Awesome stay, and a big cheer to the friendly staff. If I have to come back to NP, I will knock that door. Take care guys, and keep going that way!

Very welcoming, family feeling hostel.

View all New Plymouth Hostels