Ariki Backpackers Reviews

25 Ariki Street, Taranaki, New Plymouth, New Zealand

Staff was great and in a very convenient location

Nice hostel, friendly management. I have spent just one night but it was enough to understand is a good place to stay even longer

We arrived late in the night and the blonde guy at the front desk was very helpful! The worst thing about the whole place was the smell of the turtles in the front office but that was temporary the only real long term issue was that other people had to walk through our room to get to their room, and there are no lockers available.

Great hostel - Matty was very helpful and friendly. Facilities were real good. Location was great. Would happily stay again!

Great hostel. Loved the towels each day and the first hostel bath I've come across in the ensuite! Friendly staff too made it very welcoming.

Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Hostel has a nice comfortable atmosphere.

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, even by NZ standards (we rolled up at 10 p.m. on a delayed bus and it was no problem). Reception gave us a lovely room & helped us get a shuttle to Taranaki. Location is unbeatable. Facilities are a bit on the older side, but they're cheap and cheerful and completely appropriate for what we paid. No wifi, but you can get it at the library right across the street. Would definitely stay here again.

Extremely friendly staff, very helpful. We were made to feel very welcome and had a great time.

This place is dreamy. So spacious, clean and friendly. Amazing bonus: the give you towels. For a girl like me thats been using a single traveling towel for weeks now, this was so great. The staff is incredibly nice. I had to wait a few hour after check out to catch my bus and they let me hang on to my key so I could come in and out.

I stayed here for a week during a break from my abroad program. My friend and I had a really lovely time. The staff are ridiculously friendly and the amenities are super clean. They changed our towels every day and gave us lots of advice on what to do. We had a lovely and relaxing stay and would completely recommend it. If I'm ever in the area again, I will definitely be coming back to Ariki.

• 1st Mar 2015

This hostel is a quite good hostel. But be aware of the noise, since your in the city center, there's some bar around which can be an annoyance. Except of that, I enjoy my stay there, even just for one night. The staff have been really helpful, the room was nice and there's a really nice deck !

Really nice play to stay with a really kind and helpful staff!

View all New Plymouth Hostels