Ariki Backpackers Reviews

25 Ariki Street, Taranaki, New Plymouth, New Zealand

Great hostel - Matty was very helpful and friendly. Facilities were real good. Location was great. Would happily stay again!

Great hostel. Loved the towels each day and the first hostel bath I've come across in the ensuite! Friendly staff too made it very welcoming.

Staff were very accommodating and friendly. Hostel has a nice comfortable atmosphere.

Extremely friendly staff, very helpful. We were made to feel very welcome and had a great time.

This place is dreamy. So spacious, clean and friendly. Amazing bonus: the give you towels. For a girl like me thats been using a single traveling towel for weeks now, this was so great. The staff is incredibly nice. I had to wait a few hour after check out to catch my bus and they let me hang on to my key so I could come in and out.

I stayed here for a week during a break from my abroad program. My friend and I had a really lovely time. The staff are ridiculously friendly and the amenities are super clean. They changed our towels every day and gave us lots of advice on what to do. We had a lovely and relaxing stay and would completely recommend it. If I'm ever in the area again, I will definitely be coming back to Ariki.

• 1st Mar 2015

This hostel is a quite good hostel. But be aware of the noise, since your in the city center, there's some bar around which can be an annoyance. Except of that, I enjoy my stay there, even just for one night. The staff have been really helpful, the room was nice and there's a really nice deck !

Really nice play to stay with a really kind and helpful staff!

Awesome stay, and a big cheer to the friendly staff. If I have to come back to NP, I will knock that door. Take care guys, and keep going that way!

Very welcoming, family feeling hostel.

No lockers at all! .

quite average

• 18th Apr 2014
  • South Africa

Great Location, the rooms are a bit outdated but it was somewhat charming anyway.

Very friendly and helpful staff. But how can you place a hostel on top of a nightclub? Apparently the same owner too. So the place is not as nice thu - sat...

Location is not everything! Apparently queen Elizabeth stayed at the hostel when it was a hotel, I don't think they've changed it since! The beds were rocky and squeaky, the bar downstairs has karaoke until 1am and I had a whole issue in the morning with the light in the bathroom! I stayed in New Plymouth two more nights but moved to another hostel.

Really good, I was surprised it wasn't busier. Ideal location, friendly and hard-working staff, lots of bathrooms and a big kitchen. Highly recommended. I was very happy that the doors self lock when you close them, which is a rarity with hostels without swipecards. My only bit of advice is not to pay the ridiculous $5/hr for wifi; the public library right across the road has free wifi, and it's excellent. In summary, a very nice hostel with expensive wifi and no atmosphere.

We were disappointed with this hostel, the room quality and facilitties were poor, there was no parking and at the time we were there a large group were staying who basically hijacked the entire place taking over the kitchen, fridge, terrance and when the weather was bad sitting on the floor outside our room which was noisy and made it difficult to get in and out. The staff were good but did not make up for the rest.

Excellent location, right beside the bus stop and beach!! The staff are soooo friendly, helpful and accommodating! They allowed me to keep my bags in storage for over 24 hrs after I'd checked out and let me print out a confirmation page too! Lovely rooms and facilities!! Definitely stay here!!!

On the whole a very good backpackers, albeit slightly tired. the only things I would like to see in the rooms would be lockers of some sort and perhaps a few more power points. Other than that its a great place and a great location, and I loved the balcony!

Nice hostel with warm welcoming staff. Good location with comfy beds. A good night sleep is allways appreciated and we slept well even though the bar close by had karaoke on high volume.

« first « Prev 1 2 3