Around The World Backpackers Reviews

314 Barbadoes Street, Christchurch, New Zealand

I was lucky, I booked the wrong day and arrived a day before my reservation, and I've got the last bed. The beds were very comfy, ok, I was road tripping for about 2 weeks before

• 21st Nov 2014

Thanks for your review nice you picked our hostel to relax.

Great place to crash for a couple of nights.

Thanks for your review.

Nice place with helpful staff and good atmosphere. The wifi is free and unlimited and fast! Good place to do your laundry as detergent was included in the washing price. Walking distance to city centre, parks and supermarkets.

Thanks for your nice review, enjoy your time in the South Island.

Great hostel. Lovely reception lady, Connie who was very helpful and friendly. A great atmosphere in the hostel with free wifi, tea, coffee, seasoning and spices! A bit of a walk to the centre not too much though around 10-15 minutes. Supermarkets are 20 minutes away, Countdown and Pak n Save which are across the road from each other. Christchurch has some great murals and street art, lovely botanical garden and shops in some funky shipping containers.

Thanks for your great review, all the best with the rest of your trip.

Overall a lovely little hostel, everyone was friendly, it was clean, beds were comfy, it was close enough to town and the free BBQ was a bonus. Very welcoming.

Thanks for your comments all the best with the rest of your trip.

Unissex showers - I was taking my shower while a guy was shaving (!!!). Strange neighborhood. I simply didnt like it because I've stayed in better hostels.

We do have a female bathroom?? Im sorry you did not like your stay with us.

Only four beds in a dorm, which is very nice. Walking distance to the center of town. Free bbq on Saturday, good to meet other people. A mix of people who are staying longer and people who just stay one night. No lockers in room. Nice outside area.I enjoyed my stay a lot.

thanks for your great review, enjoy your travels in the South Island.

Good to have unlimited wireless and two unlimited-time computers for internet. Helpful attentive staff.

• 28th Oct 2014

Thanks for your great review we work hard for reviews like yours. All the best.

My first hostel in NZ and very different from the ones I am used to throughout Southeast Asia. An extremely friendly lady at the front desk, excellent kitchen facilities, a very nice back yard. The lockable rooms seem to have 2 bunk beds each but lack storage facilities such as lockers. (There seemed to be the possibility to lock stuff with the staff during the day.) Toilets/showers are relatively old, but okay-clean. No alcohol allowed in the locker. Crowd was mostly ~20-year old backpackers.

Thanks for your review. We have plans to add lockers to the hostel. Have a great trip around NZ.

the kitchen would need a proper cleaning, as well do the bathrooms. the garden area is quite nice. I was lucky my room was to the street cause there was a lot of noise from the kitchen area. the room was very basic but every bed had a lamp and a socket.

Thanks for your review we always appreciate positive criticism. 2 days ago the kitchen got painted and both kitchen and toilets have had a spring clean. We are currently in the process of getting pouches made for every bed so phones, wallets, water bottles etc can be kept in them. All the best with the rest of your trip.

1 2 Next » last »