Around The World Backpackers Reviews

314 Barbadoes Street, Christchurch, New Zealand

Overall a lovely little hostel, everyone was friendly, it was clean, beds were comfy, it was close enough to town and the free BBQ was a bonus. Very welcoming.

Thanks for your comments all the best with the rest of your trip.

Unissex showers - I was taking my shower while a guy was shaving (!!!). Strange neighborhood. I simply didnt like it because I've stayed in better hostels.

We do have a female bathroom?? Im sorry you did not like your stay with us.

Only four beds in a dorm, which is very nice. Walking distance to the center of town. Free bbq on Saturday, good to meet other people. A mix of people who are staying longer and people who just stay one night. No lockers in room. Nice outside area.I enjoyed my stay a lot.

thanks for your great review, enjoy your travels in the South Island.

Good to have unlimited wireless and two unlimited-time computers for internet. Helpful attentive staff.

• 28th Oct 2014

Thanks for your great review we work hard for reviews like yours. All the best.

My first hostel in NZ and very different from the ones I am used to throughout Southeast Asia. An extremely friendly lady at the front desk, excellent kitchen facilities, a very nice back yard. The lockable rooms seem to have 2 bunk beds each but lack storage facilities such as lockers. (There seemed to be the possibility to lock stuff with the staff during the day.) Toilets/showers are relatively old, but okay-clean. No alcohol allowed in the locker. Crowd was mostly ~20-year old backpackers.

Thanks for your review. We have plans to add lockers to the hostel. Have a great trip around NZ.

the kitchen would need a proper cleaning, as well do the bathrooms. the garden area is quite nice. I was lucky my room was to the street cause there was a lot of noise from the kitchen area. the room was very basic but every bed had a lamp and a socket.

Thanks for your review we always appreciate positive criticism. 2 days ago the kitchen got painted and both kitchen and toilets have had a spring clean. We are currently in the process of getting pouches made for every bed so phones, wallets, water bottles etc can be kept in them. All the best with the rest of your trip.

1 2 Next » last »