Arpacay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Nerudova street 40, Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic

I don't understand those hwo complains about the location of this hostel. My friends and I think it was wonderful! The hostel itself is great , fasilities are clean. Plus we had a beautiful wiew from the windows.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Russia

Overall, great! It's a nice location just by the castle district (though it is at the top of a hill!). Once we were there, it was just what we wanted and expected. Clean and safe. However, getting there from the airport late at night was a challenge. They had sent us directions about which metros and trams to take, but it turns out the info is out of date and the tram we needed to take (#20) no longer runs from the stop they said it would. Please update the directions! Everything else was great!

great hostel for travelling with friends and seeing Prague, but in my opinion a bad hostel for meeting people and making friends. Overall it was an alright stay.

WOW!! This hostel is perfectly located close to the castle in Prague! From our room we had a view over the whole city, amazing! Price is really cheap for what you get. Staff was very nice and helpful, they had some good recommendations for restaurants and bars. Hostel is really clean, especially bathrooms. Would totally recommend this hostel for everyone who loves to stay in a typical old building in Prague with a breathtaking view.

It was in an excellent location! Right next to the castle and the cathedral. We walked over the bridge daily to the main square. The atmosphere was very quiet...almost boring, just no energy. If you want little to no interaction with other people it's a good choice if you just want to be left alone. I like to be alone but the atmosphere was just too somber for me. Lots of food options nearby but the best value for food are at the small places but only cash.

• 23rd Aug 2015

The location is probably the highlight of the hostel . I didn't feel it was that secure and the balcony outside the window led to a restaurant so there was a constant flow of traffic and little quiet. However, the room was very clean and fresh sheets and towels were provided . The staff were not that helpful and one or two in particular were rude.

Atmosphere not ideal for solo travelers. Most of the staff weren't the friendliest, quite hostile in fact. Other than that, location is reasonable due to the view tho it's on top of the hill.

Hostel is a bit out of the way from Centre but close to the Castle and old town. Even though it's a backpackers, the atmosphere was non existant. Be careful of some of the little shops nearby who will rip you off (as an American was). That said the rooms are really nice and the ensure facilities are fab. The night I stayed there was a large lady in the dorm with severe apnea (snooring).. Instead of being selfish and keeping the dorm up she should have got a private room..

Lovely hostel in a lovely building, loads of space in the rooms, we were in a 10 bed and it didn't feel like it at all. Great location, would be perfect if it wasn't for that hill! Great workout at the end of the day though. Lovely facilities, the girl on the desk wasn't that friendly but there was a really warm atmosphere anyway!

Good Hostel. We had a 4 bed room, however it was in the attic and accessed through another 10 bed room, wasn't really separate which was annoying. Overall, very clean, was social, and the beds were comfy! Wifi was great! Paid extra for breakfast which was very basic and not really worth it! Location was visually amazing (near the castle) but a metro and a long walk up a hill away! I'd stay again!

Very comfortable. Good atmosphere. Not like the chain hostels with no character.

Very nice hostel located right by the castle. The rooms were really nice and very clean. The kitchen area was well equipped and the breakfast provided was extremely good value for money. The wifi worked everywhere and there was a great atmosphere

Location! Location! Location! This is the best thing about this hostel. Rooms are clean, staff are friendly and I love the view from my room's window ... Gorgeous!

• 15th Aug 2015
  • ninaulfah243
  • Indonesia

+ location - we were given only 1 padlock for 4 person - kitchen was closed 6-12 for a paid breakfast (fun fuct: when we asked for vegan options, we were told that there's musli and yogurt................) - it was loud after 10pm (in our room people went quiet about 2am)

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Poland

It's a nice place to stay. But the kitchen only open during 12pm-6pm. At my last night of staying in this hostel, there were one group checked near midnight and made noises...

The hostel was awesome, great staff, the perfect location

Great friendly hostel, only 10 minutes walk to the bridge and 15 to the town. Great environment and comfy beds. However, the bathroom was only cleaned once the four days we were there. We also went in the peak of summer, extremely hot but with no fans or air conditioning to compensate. Would go again! (Side note - the hostel bottled water is the cheapest in the whole street, don't buy from the supermarkets!)

The hostel is next to castle, but to find it requires good physical energy to climb up the hill. The facility is new. Staff is helpful. Overall is worthy of the money, but if you don't want to climb up the hill everyday, this won't be a good place for you.

Extremely happy with the hostel. Room were really nice and clean. Shower and bathroom facilities were very good. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely recommend it.

This was by far the best hostel I have stayed in during my trip, the rooms are beautiful and the beds are fairly comfortable. There is probably only one negative which is that it is at the top of a hill. But that's just unavoidable really. Great value for money and it isn't far from Charles Bridge either. And it's about a 20/25 minute walk to the old town/anatomical clock. I would highly recommend if you're looking to stay in Prague for the sights.

• 6th Aug 2015