Arpacay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Nerudova street 40, Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Very nice!

Large kitchen so could cook on nights when saving money, easy to find with Prague's transport network (cheap). Receptionist was helpful and pointed us in the right directions of what to see. Room was 12 bed and very spacious with plenty of room and the bathroom was large with multiple showers and toilets. Was warm in the room but all windows opened so could cope. All beds had a drawer underneath that could be locked for bags. Looks exactly like does in the photos and is a really nice hostel

Had such a lovely stay here! Rooms were spacious and cool with a good view. Although the hostel isn't in the centre of the old town, it's right next to the castle and it takes 15 mins to walk to old town square and all the main sights over the Charles Bridge. There could be a slightly better atmosphere in the common room but that really depends on who's staying at the time so not an issue with the hostel. Would definitely recommend!

Really nice clean cheap attractive hostel. Quite quiet but we were only in Prague a couple of days so didn't really spend any time actually in the hostel itself. In a good location, walkable to the main areas but still a fair 10/15 minute walk, but safe area that smelled really nice of cinnamon / patisserie / bakery smells! Only slight downside was walls are quite thin so can here movements of other rooms and we had the most annoying group of Spanish girls ever in our room

We stayed in the 4 bed dorm. Day 1 had 2 roommates, day 2 had room to ourselves. The hostel was well thought out w individual lockers (bring your own lock) lg enuff to hold 2 daypacks. Plenty of wall plugs near the beds. WiFi was sketchy, except for lobby. Got clean bed linens & towels at check-in. The W/C down the hall was open whenever we needed it. Would've been nice to have a full-length mirror. Balcony smoking area above courtyard was where I met new friends. Staff esp. Monika, great!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

This hostel was ok. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm. The rooms themselves were quite nice. The beds were fine, by mattress slumped in the middle however. Also it's extremely loud at night, making it difficult to sleep despite having a 10pm noise curfew? The bathroom also didn't have a lock on it which was strange. However the shower was nice and the bathroom was clean. Wifi was good. Decent location, close to Charles bridge. Downside is that it's at the top of a massive hill!

Everything about this hostel is simply amazing! The staff are friendly and helpful, rooms/showers big and clean, location perfect (so close to Prague castle and in the adorable Mala strana district) and easy access to public transport! Wifi worked well and the view from the fourth floor overlooking Prague was incredible! Thanks so much!

Gorgeous building, great location - away from the city centre, but so close to the palace and other nice things. Staff were accommodating (I couldn't get cash out from the ATM for my key deposit so she let me go on the honour system till I could), and getting laundry done made me feel like a new woman. Would have loved a fan or A/C in the room, though. Would be my one complaint.

Hostel is set in a wonderful old building with a fantastic view. Free computers were a real bonus and the staff were helpful. We were in the attic room, so though we paid for a 4 bed dorm, we also had the noise of the 10 bed dorm below us which was a little frustrating. Also found going out for dinner around the hostel really expensive.

One of the best hostel I've been to! Breakfast is only 3€ and it's really nice! The hosts receive you with great hospitality and help you with anything you need! It's a little bit far from the center (15 min walk) but it's totally worth it!

Thank you guys! you were so nice and made me feel comfortable really :)

There is no control. The first night a girl entered in the female dorm with a guy and I had to get down to the reception to tell them. the 2nd night nobody was at the reception and some drunk boys entered from outside and started to scream and knock to the doors of the rooms. Very scary. The hostel is nice but I didn't feel safe and quiet.

We really enjoyed our stay at Arpacay. It had a wonderful atmosphere and very friendly staff. The room was very clean and nicely decorated, the kitchen was well equipped and we had a kettle and fridge in our room. The hostel in in an excellent location, right next to the castle and Petrin tower, and only a short walk from the city centre. We would love to go back!

Excellent location in the old town, nice clean beds and very friendly atmosphere and staff. Liked the lounge, the small balcony and the kitchen area! Very comfortable for a city vacation with friends!

Its a nice friendly well located hostel. But i dont think they should have bath in the rooms only shower.

Breakfast was amazing and a great value for your money. The staff was friendly and helpful. Good location, but up a hill. Only down side is we were in an attic room which had no airflow and one little fan. I'd recommend more fans because it was stuffy and hot in the attic room.

Brilliant hostel, I would stay again in a heartbeat, rooms are lovely and comfortable and the hostel is extremely central surrounded by very good restaurants, shops etc

This hostel was perfect for my needs: clean, great location, fair price and with friendly staff. Thank you for making my stay a great one!

• 2nd Jul 2015

We found this hostel right at the start of high season in pretty much all cities in Europe (July). For around 15€ a night, the three of us got beds in a 6-bed mixed dorm which we were happy with. Hostel is very big, the building resembles something more of an old school or a hospital since it has many floors and corridors. With such a big building it is hard to build atmosphere, but the hostel did make the best of it. Good location, close to S-Bahn station and attractions in Berlin.

Really great facilities and I would definitely recommend it to friends. The beds were amazingly comfortable and well above the average hostel's standard. The location was very good too - a peaceful street which was in stark contrast to the bustling surroundings as you got closer to Prague's centre. Breakfast was great there. My only issue was one very rude staff member who did not make me feel welcome after my long walk there and a long night train.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6