Arpacay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Nerudova street 40, Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Is very good hostel I had a good time there.

So cheap and such a nice hostel!!! Made my stay in Prague fantastic very good location and such friendly staff. Rooms were huge!!! The 16bed dorms were broken up into 3 rooms so it's very nice and spacious. Would deffinetly stay here again!

The hostel is situated in a really beautiful location. Around the hostel, you can go eat and drink very cheap. If you want to go in the historical city of Prague, you can walk for 30 minutes and you are there =) It's very uncomplicated. In my opinion, i was positively surprised about the Hostel! Awesome =) See you next time ;-)

• 1st Dec 2014

This hostel is the worse worse hostel I have ever stayed. My camera and hard drive were stolen in this hostel. And they don't even have security camera. The floor make a big noise, couldn't sleep well, if someone need to go to toilet or come back late. The staff are unfriendly, I asked for help while my camera was lost, she just talked to police in Czech and laught that I cou understand. Awfully experience, nightmare!!!

Dear Chialuen, first of all I´m very very sorry what´s happend at my place. Security of our guests is our priority and we do our best to secure their stay as much as possible. There is unfortunately not possible to instal a camera into a bedroom. Our large lockable drawers are suitable to lock your suitcase but any wooden box can be destroyed. For valuables we offer a regular safe at reception free of charge. I hope you will have a better experience with us in the next future. Michal, owner.

This place was pretty good. The staff nice, nice common room, cheap beer, etc. But beware- the doors have just regular keys. I was in a larger dorm while there, and one group of idiots left the door open all the time. One girl had her locker broken in to (they broke through the toptop board, under the mattress) and her camera was stolen. The police said that exactly the same thing had happened there before. Insist that everyone LOCK THE DOOR!

Dear Layne, thank you for your feedback. Reception is open 24H a day, the main door are secured by electronic code system, each dormitory by key and each guest is asked for a key deposit of 10€. The thief didn´t walk in from the street. The thief was unfortunately one of guests. He was waiting in the room until there was nobody else and then broke the bed board. We have wooden beds and lockable drawers are intended for backpacks not for valuables as a safe. I regret this case. Michal, owner

The right place if u are going to spend few days in Prague. .... well located as well as clean. ...worth the money u pay for. .. helpful staff. ..I would definitely recommend

• 26th Nov 2014

This was a great find. We were so pleased with this hostel. It was freezing the weekend we went to Prague and it was great to stay at somewhere so warm and cosy. I hAve already recommended to a friend.

it was my first time life in a hostel and arpacay give me a really great impression

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

It has all you need. I like the fact that you have your own locker and it's included. Once you check out you can leave your luggage in a room until you take the plain/bus. I was in the 2nd floor and the WiFi reached there, that was awesome. If you want to visit the Prague Castle early morning, you are in an amazing position. You just walk 2mts and you arrived. I really recommend it.

great location, the guests staying were friendly but staff were very unsocial and could crack a smile now and again, though ONE girl on reception did help us make a phone call and was good. cant use kitchen between 6am and 12am makes you feel like you HAVE to buy there breakfast as you cant use it to make your own before 12.very clean and comfy beds.

Great location, great hostel, Prague is super!!

Lovely small and quiet-ish hostel without being antisocial, lovely area with lots of nice cafes and restaurants but not close to the old town, at least a 20 minute walk. The rooms are comfortable and cosy, floors and walls are thin so can be noisy but for the price I think this is a great hostel, would definitely stay again.

Great place to stay. Walk to everything, crawl to Prague Castle if you want. Excellent value. Clean, safe, the whole deal.

Good stay and very pocket friendly! Will come back 😊

The receptionist needs to smile more, exept that, everything is ok :)

Only one toilet and two shower bathroom for 16 people...but it was fine. A bit run down, but clean enough and spacious. I'm pretty sure there were bedbugs though, and that's a lot of unneeded stress about cleaning to save a couple of crowns

Dear Samantha, thank you for your words, I´m happy you were satisfied at our place. About bed bugs - we care this problem conscientiously because this is night mare of all accommodation provider. We perform a disinfestation on a regular basis twice a year. Nobody else saw them and uur cleaning ladies didn´t find any trace. But I will monitor this room and in case of infestation we will solve this problem immediately. Thank you for your warning anyway! Sincerely Yours, Michal, hostel owner

I and my girlfriend really enjoyed our stay at Arpacay, the location is really good and you can do everything by foot if you want. There's an excellent breakfast and cheap too.

Really a great hostel. I stayed in the biggest room with 9 of my friends, and it was the best setup we could have asked for. Two showers and one toilet for the 16 people in the room, which was actually the right amount considering everyone was on different schedules. Plus, even though all the beds were filled, there was room to spare, as the room itself had a lot of space for hanging out and storing stuff. Each bed comes with its own locked drawer so security was not a problem at all.

Great hostel, really clean and big rooms!

I enjoyed my stay in Arpacay Backpackers Hostel. Everything was excellent and I will recommend it to my friends and family members.

• 1st Nov 2014