Arpacay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Nerudova street 40, Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Only one minus. No kitchen facilities during breakfast time if You do not pay for breakfast (3 euro) - between (as far as I remember) 7 and 12 pm. Apart from that everything was very great!

Normal hostel. Good value for money. The recepcionists are in a bad mood always, but this is normal for the Cheks.

I stayed in a large dorm on the third floor of the hostel and it was really amazing. Super clean, beautiful views out the (small) Windows, and two toilets and one shower for just our room. The location really couldn't get any better - you are about a ten to fifteen minute walk from the Charles bridge and have great access to the lesser town, old town, castles, and even areas of the new town. The only negative comment I can make is that the shower was a little annoying.

The hostel and staff were great and very helpful. The hostel was in a great location. I would recommend it to anyone!

• 20th Jan 2016

The location was a bit far from the old town but very close to the castle. The bedroom was everything we could ask for. Breakfast was fine and it cost 3 euros.

Beautiful place. The staff... EXCELLENT. Monika, Anna, Petra, thank you for opening your hearts out to me with your warm hospitality. I will go back to stay with you again... I pray

Great location, view from the attic room was amazing.

Very nice place. Quite a hike to get there. Easier, as one might expect, with a backpack. Beatiful views and very close to the castle, which offers one of the nicest views in Europe.

• 22nd Dec 2015

The hostel is in a good location right next to the castle and the rooms are spacious. However, the staff was not friendly, there were no convenient outlets, and the wifi was horrible. The bathroom situation was bad. 15 people shared one bathroom and shower. There was no social aspect to this hostel at all. The common room is tiny but the kitchen is fairly nice. Good all you can eat breakfast for 3€. Free towels too.

Nice location and easily accessible by tram. Close to Prague Castle and 15-20mins walk to Old Town.

I really thought the hostel was nice and most of the staff were also very nice but the girl from the reception (am) was not very nice and me and my brother were told that we had to take our breakfast in other room because the kitchen and the dinner were reserved only for the people that payed the breakfast...which is absolutely ridiculous because it is a hostel and all the guest should be allowed at anytime to the kitchen and the dinning room and not only to those who pay 3euros for breakfast...

Awesome hostel! Love the location, the building is very cool and I felt comfortable and safe here. The hostel was also very clean. And the bunk beds were sturdy! My only complaint is that the wifi didn't work well everywhere, which I assume has to do with the old brick walls and is certainly a fair trade off for such a great place.

The staff was not exactly welcoming. When you go to a hostel you expect a sense of community not a cold hotel receptionist.

the hostel location is super closed to the castel,if you don't mind walking.Prague is also a wonderful place for wandering around instead of metro.The mixed room roomates are amazing,I made friends there and traveled together.eveything went well, the mixed room for 4 people shared the same shower room and WC with the room for 12 people,pls noted.for me,it was fine.

• 18th Dec 2015
  • China

Good value for money

Location is right by the palace. It's a long walk up hill though. I was in an overflow room so I did not get to meet many people. Rooms were clean and spacious. The shower was a tub you sat and showered on, that was odd. CON: First night we went out as a group and a guy left the group went back to the room and broken into the lockers that didn't use the provided locks. He stole people's money and left. Hostel did offer to accommodate as best they could by offerong new rooms and changing locks.

The room was one of the nicer rooms I have stayed in and the staff are quite friendly and helpful, especially Monica. The downside is that you have to lug all of your luggage up the hill, but it is an old and beautiful area. We had the most perfect view of the castle, especially from the toilet! The breakfast was so so but you could choose on individual days if you wanted it and it was all you can eat for only €3 so not bad.

The location is really good - just next to the castle. And I was lucky to live on the 4th floor - the view of the castle and old town was stunning. When I lived there it was quite quiet there, unlike in many other hostels. And you have to pay for breakfast and if you don't you cannot use the kitchen from 6 till 12 am.

Had a great stay here staff were very helpful and friendly very easy to find. If I get a chance to come back to Prague I'd definitely come back here.

Hostel was difficult to find using public transport, so we ended up getting a taxi. The room was lovely with our own little patio, fridge and bathroom - all very clean. Getting around we did mostly by foot as we struggled with finding trams etc. Hostel was up a hill, so be warned if you have large bags, but was very close to the Castle and was about 20 minute walk from the centre. There didn't seem to be many hostel organised activities to interact, and majority of staff were helpful & friendly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4