Arpacay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Nerudova street 40, Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Clean hostel, good value for money but staff could be more welcoming.

• 22nd May 2015

It was annoying that the kitchen was 'closed' until midday so if you didn't want to eat the breakfast they supply, you have 2 options. Either eat out somewhere else or don't eat at all. Thought this was really stupid. The hostel its self is good. Good wifi, good location although the area seemed expensive to eat/drink. Shared shower doors are frosted glass which is weird. Big lockers under beds. Hostel entrance is hidden inside the entrance to a restaurant so a bit hard to find at first.

Thank You very much for your review. I´m happy you were satisfied at our place. Let me just explain the "kitchen-open hours". I´m sorry but we have one kitchen only. If we let all guests cook there we wouldn´t have enough space for breakfast preparing and we wouldn´t be able to keep the kitchen tidy. We tried it and and it didn´t work. We offer our breakfast for 3€ or you can eat your own food in the common room. The kitchen is open for self-catering after cleaning from 12:00. Michal

Excellent stay! The staff was very helpful and the location is very nice (right over the Charles bridge and very close to the John Lennon Wall). Make sure to grab a giant water before you go out because they have the cheapest in Prague!! Will stay here again!

it was a positive surprise service provided for that cheap price. Only the cparking was a bit difficult however outside of the Zone it was free of charge. Thanks, I will sugget this location to my friends as well

• 20th May 2015
  • Hungary

Not so expensive for the hostel, located so close to the Prague Castle. Really liked the design inside. The hostel itself is quite high, so the view from the highest rooms is astonishing. Really liked hostel's staff.

• 17th May 2015
  • Russia

A bit of a bummer that you can't use the kitchen during breakfast hours, but also completely understandable. Comfortable accommodation, clean bathroom facilities, great help from staff with leaving luggage on the last day & with directions. Location appears inconvenient, but is actually super close to lots of sigjts, pubs, etc. with the bonus of being out of the way from the masses of tourists (though still in a pretty touristy area.)

Great location (especially for the price) in a nice and cosy building as well as being right by the bet view spot of the city!

good quiet location, trek uphill with luggage, not a party hostel , we ended up bunking with a family with a toddler which was problematic actually surprised they would let a child stay here , otherwise good hostel

That's a great experience living in this historical building so close to the Prague castle.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • China

One of the coolest hostels I have been in. The place is an awesome building with a great view and right in the heart of Prague.

very clean, well located, safe... Perfect !

The hostel was alright. The building itself was gorgeous and the staff were SUPER helpful! The only thing that really bothered me was that the cleaning lady would glare at me if I wanted tea in the morning. Basically you couldn't enter the kitchen until after noon unless you were going to actually eat... even though I brought my own tea and only wanted hot water. But the location is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic hostel with big spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and large showers with lots of hot water! The location was very close to the castle and was accessible to the rest of the city, however it was located on a steep hill which can be a little tiring.

Great hostel in a great location, no complaints.

nice little hostels with very comfy beds and specious rooms, I slept like an angel :) Staff were friendly. Not a very good hostel for socializing but I guess that comes down to the crowd who were there and not the facilites, as they had both a common room and a kitchen. missed vegetables for garnish at the breakfast.

Absolutely LOVED this hostel! Amazing location - 1 minute walk from Prague Castle and incredible views. 5 minutes from the Charles Bridge that connects you with Prague Old Town. Loved the rooms - wooden ceilings and lots of space in the 6-bed Female Dorm. Bathrooms very clean and showers were great. No problems here! Lovely!!!

Aside from the castle the location was far away from the main cites. I found myself walking uphill constantly to return to the hostel and as well as up multiple flights of stairs to get to my room. The atmosphere was weak and lended itself to everyone keeping to themselves. The staff wasn't knowledgeable about nearby food and didn't seem to offer any fun guidance. Overall it was a weak hostel experience.

It was a bit exhausting to walk back to the hostel, the girl at the reception wasnt nice. The breakfast was just cerral and bread but the rooms are ok.

What a great place! Probably one of the most pleasant stays on my trip so far. Very cozy, authentic Czech hostel. Friendly, helpful staff. My room on the 4th floor had an amazing view, along with a really comfortable bed. You can basically throw a stone and hit the Prague Castle, also within walking distance of Charles Bridge, and though a bit of an uphill hike, Petrin Tower as well. Highly recommend it to anyone visiting Prague!

Great location, clean and quiet hostel with spacious rooms, and friendly staff. Definitely not a party hostel, but a place to get a good night's sleep.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5