Arpacay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Nerudova street 40, Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic

Hmmm I'm undecided about this hostel. We booked a 4 bed dorm and ended up in a loft right above a 10 bed dorm - no door, only stairs dividing the rooms. We asked to change rooms. They had no other real 4 bed dorms available so we went into a 6 bed dorm but this was actually divided into 2 rooms, 3 beds in each and 1 bathroom to share. A lot better than the 1 shower/2 toilets to share for the 10+4 room. Other than that, I liked the people I met there so good atmosphere and location was fab.

Good location in the castle district. Pleasantly surprised at how thoughtful the hostel is. Simple things such as lockers (including a padlock), shelves for items, and even extension cords for electricity. Room is spacious. Not too pleased that the room is at the highest floor, and the toilet is very crammed because of the roof - I can hardly stand up straight while bathing. 20 people sharing on bath is also bad. Suggestion: provide rags to wipe the wet toilet floors, and an alternative toilet.

We were promised a 10 people mix dorm but there were more than 10 people sharing the wash room. The internet does not work properly in the rooms.

This was one of my favorite hostels. The location is fantastic, and the female dorm had a great view of the street. I was a little confused when I first arrived, though, as the entrance is inside a restaurant entryway. Clean, good internet, enough outlets. Breakfast was worth the money. Security is good and the central location feels quite safe.

Only problem we had was opening doors, I would have been significantly happier if I didn't have to battle to get in late at night. Location was FANTASTIC, initially it was a pain in the butt as we had to climb a hill with out backpacks but we were so close to the center and to Prague Castle that it was 100% worth it. Breakfast was provided for 75 CZK, £2.15 - cereals, cakes, toast, cheese + meats all you can eat. A load of washing, including drying and folding was 145 CZK Awesome place!

One shower/toilet for 12 people is rough. And the bolted the window shut, which made it ridiculously warm. Otherwise great place right by the castle and easy enough from public transport

We stayed in a 16 bed dorm for a few nights in august. The hostel is located on the other side of the river from the old town, about 5 mins walk from the castle. It only takes about 15 minutes to reach the old town crossing Charles' Bridge. The hostel is in a beautiful building with great facilities. Beds are really comfortable and rooms are spacious. Good bathroom facilities. A lovely hostel.

Great Hostel! The only problem I had was that the keys were difficult to figure out. Other guests seemed to have problems with the keys and locks too. But the location was great, it was clean, and everyone was so friendly!

I loved this place! Aside from the fact that one must walk up an enormous hill carrying luggage to get there, this place is 100% perfect. Clean, comfortable, well-priced, and full of cool people.

• 4th Aug 2014

The location is great, just behind the castle where you can enjoy awesome views of the city. (Be prepared to climb up a hill every time). The bedrooms are comfortable and the kitchen is functional and well equipped. For only 3 euros you can eat a great "all you can eat " breakfast. I would suggest it to everyone.

• 4th Aug 2014

I only stayed at the Arpacay for one night but it seemed well run and very clean. The hostel is very near to Prague Castle but on the map you can't tell that it's up a steep hill- not awful just be aware of the climb. Either way it's well worth it, my short experience at Arpacay was very pleasant.

Except the walk/climb from the train station with the backpack, everything else was alright! And while I didn't get to stay too long, there really wasn't any thing to worry or complain. Overall, a good hostel~! Thanks.

Great hostel for meeting people. Next to Prague castle so a good location and only a short walk from Old Town Square. The 'hill' mentioned in other reviews was more of a slight slope and you shouldn't let it put you off. The staff didn't seem to care much for interacting with guests but the security was acceptable. We were in the top room (44) and found the one shower between 14 people to be very inconvenient. It was also too low to stand up in. Showers need improving but that's all.

Probably one of my favourite hostels out of my whole stay in Europe! We stayed in a 16 bed dorm- met some super cool people and had great roommates. Super clean rooms and bathrooms, comfy beds, nice bathrooms/showers in the room. Great location as well (literally 5 minutes from prague castle and maybe 10 minutes from Charles bridge. Too many good things to say about this hostel! STAY HERE!

Absolutely brilliant hostel, has a gorgeous layout and the staff are all helpful. The location is brilliant, although it is up a hill it is very close to Prague castle and a walkable distance to the centre. They provide free maps in reception to help you navigate your way around the city and even sell tickets for the pub crawls!

Very nice place! I'm doing interrailing and this is one of the best hostels on my trip so far! You get sheets and a towel and the staff were really nice! Stat here!!

This hostel was wonderful, with working computers, clean showers, and even decorated rooms! Plus, they are right down the street from the Prague castle, the Charles bridge, a beautiful historic church, and a town square with markets and street musicians. This hostel is quite busy in summer, so book in advance during that time. However, the hostel really needs customers the rest of the year, so support this great place If you visit Prague in fall or winter.

The hostel is awesome, the facilities are big and clean, great security and staff. You can have free wifi, towels, sheets, and more. You can pay with credit card, and can also pay breakfast in euros (totally worth it).

Well quite alright hostel. Very Nice staff which was helpful with laundry and others things. It is close to everything, and good wi-fi. But the other guests was very laud and screaming late at night on the main areas, so it was quite difficult to sleep. And Not a place for backpackers to meet others, but overall quite good otherwise.

We had to go up the hill then can reach the hostel when we got off the tram. The staff are helpful and friendly. Everything is clean. It's near the castle area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5