Arpacay Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Nerudova street 40, Prague 1, Prague, Czech Republic

The pictures and description are way different than reality..

• 17th Sep 2014
  • India

The location is perfect. It's up a hill, but quite close to all the major sights. The staff were also very helpful and very friendly.

Washrooms and showers very clean and never had to line up. Kitchen available for use (except for breakfast time). Great wifi. Big storage bunks under the beds and even lend you padlocks. Right at the bottom of the prague castle. 20 min walk to old town, but everything was within walking distance. Quick public transport to/from train/bus stations.

Located 5min from Castle complex and 15min from town square by walking. Kitchen is great. 1 toilet and 1 shower (separated) could be frusturating if room (8person plus 4 in attic) was full. Tip: dont eat on that street- its $$ (the beer too) and bad. I would stay here again

Placed in Nerudova street is very central and close to both Castle and Charles Bridge. I only slept there so I really can't tell about the athmosphere, but is good value for money and the staff is very friendly and helpul. I had a wrong reservation and the girl at the desk allowed me to use the wifi and the storage while waiting for a bed to be free!

Even though there was 14 people in my room it didn't feel that way! Lots of storage, lots of space.

• 1st Sep 2014

I already had stayed there once in another type of room - i felt much better then.

Great location and service! Right beneath the Prague Castle, it is a quick walk to the Charles Bridge through some of the most beautiful streets in Praha. Stay here!!! Great deal-- no nickel and dime'ing, they give you a towel and a lock included.

• 29th Aug 2014

The hostel is in a very nice part of town - not too far a walk from Charles Bridge, on the way to the castle, but still a quiet area. It's about a 45min walk to the UAN Florenc bus station. The hostel itself provides all the essentials.

It was clean but there were bedbugs!!!

Really yummy breakfast for 3 euro. Really hard to meet people in this hostel however. No bar and very small out of the way common area which no one used. Mostly couples staying here. Location is great right by the castle and very short walk to Old Town. Super clean bathrooms and really pretty old building.

Hmmm I'm undecided about this hostel. We booked a 4 bed dorm and ended up in a loft right above a 10 bed dorm - no door, only stairs dividing the rooms. We asked to change rooms. They had no other real 4 bed dorms available so we went into a 6 bed dorm but this was actually divided into 2 rooms, 3 beds in each and 1 bathroom to share. A lot better than the 1 shower/2 toilets to share for the 10+4 room. Other than that, I liked the people I met there so good atmosphere and location was fab.

Dear Michelle, I´m sorry you weren´t satisfied at the attic dorm room. A lot of guests like this room for its great view over the roofs and because there are not bunk beds Yes, the 4bed dormitory has shared bathroom and the 6bed dormitory has private bathroom so there are less people for this facilies of course. I´m happy you liked the other room you get. We always try to find a way, each guest has to leave satisfied! Thank you for your feedback Michelle, Michal owner

Good location in the castle district. Pleasantly surprised at how thoughtful the hostel is. Simple things such as lockers (including a padlock), shelves for items, and even extension cords for electricity. Room is spacious. Not too pleased that the room is at the highest floor, and the toilet is very crammed because of the roof - I can hardly stand up straight while bathing. 20 people sharing on bath is also bad. Suggestion: provide rags to wipe the wet toilet floors, and an alternative toilet.

We were promised a 10 people mix dorm but there were more than 10 people sharing the wash room. The internet does not work properly in the rooms.

This was one of my favorite hostels. The location is fantastic, and the female dorm had a great view of the street. I was a little confused when I first arrived, though, as the entrance is inside a restaurant entryway. Clean, good internet, enough outlets. Breakfast was worth the money. Security is good and the central location feels quite safe.

The room was spacious and well decorated but the extractor fan in the shared en suite bathroom was very noisy and often woke us up if people used it in the night. The staff were friendly enough and the breakfast available in the morning was good value.

Only problem we had was opening doors, I would have been significantly happier if I didn't have to battle to get in late at night. Location was FANTASTIC, initially it was a pain in the butt as we had to climb a hill with out backpacks but we were so close to the center and to Prague Castle that it was 100% worth it. Breakfast was provided for 75 CZK, £2.15 - cereals, cakes, toast, cheese + meats all you can eat. A load of washing, including drying and folding was 145 CZK Awesome place!

One shower/toilet for 12 people is rough. And the bolted the window shut, which made it ridiculously warm. Otherwise great place right by the castle and easy enough from public transport

We stayed in a 16 bed dorm for a few nights in august. The hostel is located on the other side of the river from the old town, about 5 mins walk from the castle. It only takes about 15 minutes to reach the old town crossing Charles' Bridge. The hostel is in a beautiful building with great facilities. Beds are really comfortable and rooms are spacious. Good bathroom facilities. A lovely hostel.

Great Hostel! The only problem I had was that the keys were difficult to figure out. Other guests seemed to have problems with the keys and locks too. But the location was great, it was clean, and everyone was so friendly!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5